Should Falsifying a Rape Be A Crime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

Capt_Fantastic
Who would admit to a rape, unless they were guilty? I guess I don't understand the question.

Draco69
What I meant was : If a man/woman falsely accuses a man/woman of rape fully knowing that they are lying, should that person be held criminally accountable? Like the Kobe trial.

Ou Be Low hoo
Vicious, vindictive girls...That's who. Although, I think where attacks of this nature are concerned, people should ere on the side of caution and believe the accuser before accusations of falshoods are acquiesced to.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Draco69
What I meant was : If a man/woman falsely accuses a man/woman of rape fully knowing that they are lying, should that person be held criminally accountable? Like the Kobe trial.

That's why we have the terms liable and slander.

Draco69
Slander is a misdemeanor. That's punishable by a court fee.

For example, a successful man who has a wife and kids is falsely accused of rape. He loses his job, his house, his social standing, and everything he holds dear. Should the woman who lied about the rape be criminally responisble?

Imperial_Samura
I would think so. I thought it would already of been a crime, including things like perjury, misleading police and so forth.

King Burger
I think it's more difficult to check whether a false rape charge
was intentional or not, than to check whether an actual rape
has been commited or no.

Maybe the woman really did believe she was raped. Maybe
she really does believe that whatever reluctance she may have
felt before or during the act does constitute rape.

Also, it has to do with how the society sees things. So, some
believe that if a woman is drunk during the sex, then that's a
kind of rape, even if the guy is drunk to. If there is a woman
who believes this, then she'll genuinely believe that she was
indeed raped by that guy she slept with last night after a few
drinks.

Fire
if the case actually goes to court and he or she lies on the stand about it that's perjury. In belgium that is a serious offence. Now if the case doesn't go to court I think it will be a tad harder.

I think the law is pretty clear on what is rape and what is not KB

BackFire
God yes, it's disgusting people can get away with doing this.

King Burger
The laws may be clear, but human perceptions aren't.

He may really believe she was consenting, and she may really
believe she wasn't, that she was just playing around (remember
the Mike Tyson case).

Jackie Malfoy

I would say yes to that question it would be a crime if they lie about that.It is strange through who would lie abot being rape.JM confused

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I would say yes to that question it would be a crime if they lie about that.It is strange through who would lie abot being rape.JM confused

I've said it once and I'll say it again...

Vicious, vindictive girls...That's who. Although, I think where attacks of this nature are concerned, people should err on the side of caution and believe the accuser before accusations of falshoods are acquiesced to.

Imperial_Samura
True, as it can be a very hard thing to prove, either way and very emotional.

ragesRemorse
falsifying a rape is a crime, when did it stop being one?

Napalm
Yes it should be a crime

PVS

absolutely

Linkalicious
Ideally, yes, the woman should be punished severely...

but there are going to be countless situations like in the Kobe Bryant case where he did, in fact, have sexual intercourse with the woman but later she felt she was raped.

How do you decide to punish someone like that?

Girl goes from taking the male to court.....to the man winning the trial case....to the girl getting punished for losing the case?

The law does a sufficient job...considering the endless circumstances that may alter the situation.

Korri
Originally posted by BackFire

I agree.

FeceMan
Yes. The individual should have to serve what the rape sentence would have been.

GCG
the consequences of being accused of rape can be a good beating as soon as you are arrested and possibly raped. If a person did not commit the act he still undergoes these traetments by the police force and jail....innocent until proven guilty does not exist.

The false accuser should be held accountable for the trauma sustained by the victim and heftily punished

FeceMan
Originally posted by GCG
the consequences of being accused of rape can be a good beating as soon as you are arrested and possibly raped. If a person did not commit the act he still undergoes these traetments by the police force and jail....innocent until proven guilty does not exist.

The false accuser should be held accountable for the trauma sustained by the victim and heftily punished
I suppose that's a more reasonable solution than mine...

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Girl goes from taking the male to court.....to the man winning the trial case....to the girl getting punished for losing the case?

The law does a sufficient job...considering the endless circumstances that may alter the situation.

Precisely. Suppose the accused is guilty but there is not sufficient evidence to prove his guilt. If he is acquitted of the crime, he can now sue the victim for filing "false allegations".

PVS
i dont think it should be up to the defendant, but rather the prosecution.
and link is correct, if it was in the hands of the defendant, we would see rape victims being sued and fined/sent to prison by rapists for the crime of not having a better lawyer. talk about insult to injury. also, its typical for more affluent men to rape women of a lower income. obviously so that she will have zero chance of getting him convicted.

tabby999
i think that the woman/man who makes the false accusation should cop the ammount of time the person acused would have got, as said before.
if you want a good documentary on this, watch Raw Deal. i think the chicks a lying crack whore, but i know people who think she was genuinly raped. a stripper accuses frat boys of raping her, then when police see the video of the night (the frat boys taped it) they drop charges on the boys then arrest her. good movie.

ragesRemorse
i was raped by a pack of bunnies one time. I had bunny hair all over me for fcuk sake. there were pieces of my shirt in the bunnies paws. The sheriff said i had no grounds for claiming rape. thats just fudged when the system has loop holes for bunny rape.

Linkalicious
I don't see what the big deal about rape is....this weekend a girl ripped my clothes off me and wanted sex.

I just smiled. smile

Julie
if it got to the courts and then found out it was all a waste of time yes there should be criminal sactions.....the justice sys is already really backed up

pr1983
Originally posted by BackFire

ditto... its a f*cking disgrace that good men can be dragged through the mud and the woman can walk away scot free...

Linkalicious
^ I agree with Pr and BackFire in the instances they are remarking upon.

But by the same token, it's disgusting a woman can get raped and the rapist can walk away from the trial scott free...

Thank god for settlements...

crazy_c
I thought it already was a crime , and since it doesn't look like it is, it damn well should be.

tabby999
no, filing a false police report is a crime, irrelevant of what the false report is. even then, most of the time the cops dont arrest people on it unless its a serious offence

pr1983
Originally posted by Linkalicious
^ I agree with Pr and BackFire in the instances they are remarking upon.

But by the same token, it's disgusting a woman can get raped and the rapist can walk away from the trial scott free...

Thank god for settlements...

of course, if someone is guilty of a rape they should be put away for a long, long time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.