T2-3D Storyline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SkyNet 0.2
What is the storyline in the ride T2-3D? and does anyone have pics of the robot that defends skynet?

NoFate007
Lucky for you, I just had my senior trip in Disney World. I just got back from it Saturday night. The story is that John and the terminator from T2 go into the future and blow up Skynet. Thats basically it. Pictures, I don't have any cause they don't allow flash photography. My friend filmed the whole thing (clever guy, put an extra pair of 3D glasses on his camera so it came out good), but I have no screen caps as of yet.

alic88
^ oh man the t2:3d is one of the most wondderfull and unique things i have ever witnessed. last time is saw it was in 2000 it is not so fresh in my memory. it is a MUST for every terminator fan to see it, i just hope they dont take it out of universal anytime soon, because i wanna see it again in the near future

anyways the story line is, first we go in to CYBERDYNE building i think, where we are introduced by a girl, telling us all the good things about it, saying how in the near future machines will be able to do things for you, life will be made much easier, and how simple life will be, even showing that a butterfly will have a chip in it. etc etc. so they are showing all of cyberdyne's functions on screen, then the screen is interrupted by john connor and sarah connor( amazing eh), they start telling us that this is all very dangerous, and that soon machines will become self aware, and that every1 in the building(meaning me) has to get out of here. but anyways we go in the main cyberdyne showcase, and we sit down( and put on our 3d glasses), then cyberdyne shows some of their machines, and then all of a sudden sarah connor and john connor come and interrupt everything( so we are sitting down in this theater where we are wearing 3d glasses, and so in a way it looks like it is happening right in front of us), AND THEN bam all of a sudden the t1000 comes, and it tries to find john connor and sarah connor, and at 1 moment looks like he is about to eat you up lol. anyways the t1000 finds john connor and just a second before he is about to kill john, BAM! guess who's BACK? arnold. arnold comes and shoots t1000. and Sarah goes like:WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG. so there is a time machine where the t1000 and the terminator came from, john and arnold go back in the time machine into the future, and then we see an amazing chase between t1000 and arnold. its trying to chase arnold and john who are in a motorbike.so the t1000 does not succeed, but then john and arnold are followed by very difficult tasks as they have to fight off lot of endo skeletons and small hk's. anyways, their ultimate task is to go to skynet's main building and destroy the skynet base so that i guess the war is prevented. but there is 1 obstacle. A T1 MILLION!! THAT THING WAS SO BIG, kind of looked like an insect, in the end arnold terminates the T1MILLION and destroys the skynet database. and in the end we see john and sarah connor hugging each other saying the same thing i think that they said in the end of t2, if a machine can learn the value of a human llife maybe we can too

man its been 5 years since i last saw this, i am only 17, its so cool how as i was typing, all the memories came back so clear, because this ride was so unique. all the time it seems like the action is right in front of u, its absolutely breath-taking the 3d, i simply cant describe the experience to you. by far the best universal experience. hope this helps somewhat. as a terminator i urge you to see this ride once in your life, because its an experience like none other

alic88
oh ya 1 thing i wanted to say. the atmosphere of this ride was so great, that just when t1000 is about to shoot john and arnold COMES FROM THE FUTURE and shoots the t1000 while he is in the bike. there was A HUGE ROAR FROM THE AUDIENCE, it just shows the legacy of the terminator movies.

and oh yes this is by far i think the most expensive ride ever in history. the budget for this was 60 million dollars. and it was directed by james cameron, and john connor( eddie furlong) looked awesome in the bandana, and sarah connor as usual, doing what she does best.

SkyNet 0.2
I live in Ireland so it is very expensive to go to America, but I've been there a few times and I'm going next year to see that ride. Does anyone know where I can get pics of the T-1000000

alic88
there is this site that this fan made. i forgot the name, there are also video clips of the t2:3d ride, its pretty cool you will like it. search it up. it just looks like a giant insect, who well kind of looks like liquid metal, and its not so complicated looking.

Ahnold
Sigh ... I wish that I could've gone on the T2:3D ride. Has anyone here been on it?

TheFilmProphet
Sounds amazing to me, I would love to go see it sometime during this year.

Ahnold
It's still there?! After all this time?!

TheFilmProphet
Universal seems to keep the classics, but its a good thing in our case.

TheFilmProphet
http://www.rossanthony.com/images/t23d.gif

No doubt you remember the "Terminator" and "Terminator II" (T2) feature films starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and Edward Furlong, directed by James Cameron (of "Titanic" mega-fame). T2 was a revolutionary film that dramatically changed our expectations of action films.

But this review is not about T2 (the movie). If you haven't seen that film -- go rent it. It's very good. Then go to Universal Studios (LA or Orlando in the U.S.) and ride "T2:3D". This event is the creative result of the expert efforts of those responsible for T2 (the movie), most noteably, James Cameron. It involves live actors (who lip-synch to the original cast's recorded voices). On stage, the Terminator and John Connor jump on a motorcycle and appear to drive directly into the screen where they are portrayed on 3D film by none other than Arnold and Edward. This is way cool.

This newly shot 3-D film sequence lasts 12 minutes, so it's basically action concentrate. Besides the interplay of live actors on stage with filmed sequences in 3D, you'll experience theater audience effects. Some movies claim to be sensational, but they've stolen the true meaning of the word. "T2:3D" gives it back. You'll smell the gun-powder, you'll feel the explosions, you'll taste the moisture. This is a happening that comes off the screen and into your face.

I loved it. "Rides" at amusement parks are sometimes too careful about being "family oriented" -- compromising their effectiveness. "T2:3D" is not gentle. It's loud and violent (though only robots die). I suggest you see it, especially if it's been a while since your last visit to Universal Studios. Be sure to ride (or re-ride) "Back to the Future" while you're there. But, if you've just spent the day at Universal last month and you're wondering if "T2:3D" is worth the park's admission fee, I suggest you come out at the end of the summer. In the mean time, the T-1,000,000 (the giant mercury spider showpiece of "T2:3D" and finest work of 3D cinematography I've ever experienced).

http://www.rossanthony.com/T/t23d.shtml

Ahnold
Lucky Americans ...

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

alic88
Originally posted by Ahnold
Sigh ... I wish that I could've gone on the T2:3D ride. Has anyone here been on it?

hey ahnold, i gave a whole description u didnt c it sad

TheFilmProphet
Yeah actually alic did, I was curious about that too.

Ahnold
Oops, sorry I missed it!

TheFilmProphet
I found the link where you can watch a video preview of Terminator 2: 3D, here http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/hollywood/website/terminator_2.html

http://tinypic.com/4k6ucz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.