ROTS Obi-Wan & ROTJ Luke vs. Chancellor Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tormentor_2004
Who would win?

Darth_Nefarus
Well if you incorporate the prophecy, Sidious wouldn't die, but I think the combination of Luke and Obi-Wan in his prime would be able to kick his *ss a whole bunch.

Thanos the Lord
so you're saying the Jedi could whoop Sidious? I dunt think so

jedimaster2000
dunno about this one, Obi-Wan in ROTS is pretty badass, and Luke in ROTJ did pretty well considering the cards he was dealt, but I'd still go with Sids though.

Darth_Nefarus
I only meant they could hurt him and all, but they couldn't kill him, eventually they would have to flee

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Well if you incorporate the prophecy, Sidious wouldn't die, but I think the combination of Luke and Obi-Wan in his prime would be able to kick his *ss a whole bunch.

What prophecy?

Darth Plagueis
Do you think Luke was more pwerfull than Mace, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto and Saessee Tiin combined????

Darth_Nefarus
Yes I do, because the entire light side of the force, (and the spirits of Obi-Wan and Yoda) used Luke as a conduit during the dark times.

Darth_Janus
I think Luke and Obi Wan would have this match, simply because the emperor had a reason to be afraid of the son of Skywalker, as he even expressed himself, and we all know how damn lucky Obi is in battles.

While I give Sidious props for being a badass, I think the Jedi have this one, even if it;s bloody and drawn out.

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious might be able to kill Obi-Wan, but that's a large if giving Obi-Wan's record

Swirly Girl
Thought I'd resurrect this. Who would win? I think Sidous would have a field day.

Darth Sexy
How exactly is old man river going to have a field day with this? What's he going to do in his senior citizen condition, blast them both with his lightning while they take it up the wazoo?

Lightsnake
Well, lesse...Luke in ROTJ was absolutely no match for Sidious, so he's a non-issue and Obi-wan would never get close

Darth Sexy
Obiwan would never get close to ROTS Sidious, this is old man river, so explain how they wouldn't win. And by explain I don't mean add ridiculous text.

kamikz
Sidious by ROTJ could fill a whole room with lightning (shown in one of the comics) and he killed a whole room of stormtroopers instantly with it. I don't see Obi or Luke taking that. (I don't think Luke even knows how to parry it, and it'll be too much for ROTS Obi).

Lightsnake
It'd also be as simple as a force crush or two

Darth Sexy
I'm not saying Sidious WONT win I'm just saying lightsnake provides no argument for it. Now I've never seen where Sidious killed all those stormtroopers but obviously its somewhere. Also if I recall somewhere in the book or somewhere, doesn't Luke block the initial attempt? Also take into account that we have no knowledge of how much better or worse Sidious got with a lightsaber.. And we do know Obiwan can block force lightning.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Lightsnake
It'd also be as simple as a force crush or two

Ah yes, because the force crush was seen used by Palpatine, and because the force crush is not just a wonderful force attack in KOTOR 2. Why don't you say he eats them if you're going to make ridiculous statements?

Hokage Yoda
Let's see
Sasse, Agen,Kit> Luke
Mace>>Obi
and whether you people like it or not Sids>Mace
Soooooooooooooo
Sids> Obi+Luke

Darth Sexy
Sidious>Mace in force abilities
Mace>Sidious in saber combat. I don't know why you brought that up.

darthsith19
Lets see... ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan >> ROTJ Luke and ROTS Obi-Wan
Palpatine > Dooku
Dooku took out Kenobi while fending off Anakin. Then he lost to Anakin, but Anakin >> Luke, Luke wouldn't have been able to do what Anakin did. And Sidious > Dooku.

Don't like that comparison? Then use Hokage Yoda's (which is actually pretty good). Saesee, Agen and Kit > Luke so Sidious could dispose of Luke right away, in the first 9 seconds of the duel, like he did with these three. Then Obi-Wan would stand no chance against Sidious alone - even Mace had trouble beating Sidious and Sidious still probably could have taken Mace out with the Force and Mace > Kenobi.

Darth Sexy
correct?

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by darthsith19
use Hokage Yoda's (which is actually pretty good).

Really...

Well, I can argue Vader > Saesee, Agen, Kit so I guess Luke > Them? No, doesn't work like that.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Sidious>Mace in force abilities
Mace>Sidious in saber combat. I don't know why you brought that up.

And Overall Sids>Mace so STFU

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by darthsith19
Lets see... ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan >> ROTJ Luke and ROTS Obi-Wan
Palpatine > Dooku
Dooku took out Kenobi while fending off Anakin. Then he lost to Anakin, but Anakin >> Luke, Luke wouldn't have been able to do what Anakin did. And Sidious > Dooku.

Don't like that comparison? Then use Hokage Yoda's (which is actually pretty good). Saesee, Agen and Kit > Luke so Sidious could dispose of Luke right away, in the first 9 seconds of the duel, like he did with these three. Then Obi-Wan would stand no chance against Sidious alone - even Mace had trouble beating Sidious and Sidious still probably could have taken Mace out with the Force and Mace > Kenobi.

Thank You

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Really...

Well, I can argue Vader > Saesee, Agen, Kit so I guess Luke > Them? No, doesn't work like that.

How ? Kit Would be able to almast Equal ROTS Ken00bi And I think Kenobi >Vader So please STFU and let daddy handle this. mad

Darth Sexy
Nobody was talking about overall, so why don't you stfu. I think I made it very clear with my Mace>Sidious interpretation, so if you lack reading comprehension skills, blame that on nobody other than yourself.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
How ? Kit Would be able to almast Equal ROTS Ken00bi And I think Kenobi >Vader So please STFU and let daddy handle this. mad

Why dont you listen to someone who actually has common sense for once? And Kenobi>Vader? It's a good thing fact>your opinion.

Hokage Yoda
Why dont you listen to someone who actually has common sense for once? And Kenobi>Vader? It's a good thing fact>your opinion.

Prove to Me Why not ROTS Kenobi>OT Vader Until then Stfu

Hokage Yoda
Nobody was talking about overall, so why don't you stfu. I think I made it very clear with my Mace>Sidious interpretation, so if you lack reading comprehension skills, blame that on nobody other than yourself.

When I was discussing that I was discussing Overall If Palpy Uses Powers Mace is Dead So please STFU foolish n00b wink

Motoko Sama
How ?

How? Well, let me tell you a little bedtime story...

CHAPTER 1: WTF?

...Once upon a time, there was a little boy who went by the name of Hokage - who didn't know what he was talking about...

I don't recall Kenobi ever being a "n00b" (that position has been reserved for you since 1932).

And Kenobi is almost equal to ROTS Kenobi? Yes, I forgot Kit Fisto'fury would actually have a chance against Darth Vader. In an alternate universe that is, where no name characters are able to defeat one of the more powerful characters of the era.

...It seems HY was just schooled, but let's move on to the next chapter...

CHAPTER 2: What is this kid talking about?

...And as the story progresses our zero, Hokage, still doesn't know what he's talking about...

Sadly, you *thinking* and me *knowing* has a difference.

...And amazingly Hokage is still being schooled...

CHAPTER 3: Where's my belt?

...Finally as our story reaches the conclusion, Hokage has hopefully learned many important things that will save him from ridicule (and an ass whooping from mommy's belt) in the future, but now he's reached his final lesson...

Daddy...? Daddy?

Yes, I'd submit you were my father if I wasn't oh say - nine years older than you.

THE END.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: I really can't tell you to act your age , but remember this for future reference: ACT YOUR AGE.

Hokage Yoda
How? Well, let me tell you a little bedtime story...

CHAPTER 1: WTF?

...Once upon a time, there was a little boy who went by the name of Hokage - who didn't know what he was talking about...

I don't recall Kenobi ever being a "n00b" (that position has been reserved for you since 1932).

And Kenobi is almost equal to ROTS Kenobi? Yes, I forgot Kit Fisto'fury would actually have a chance against Darth Vader. In an alternate universe that is, where no name characters are able to defeat one of the more powerful characters of the era.

...It seems HY was just schooled, but let's move on to the next chapter...

CHAPTER 2: What is this kid talking about?

...And as the story progresses our zero, Hokage, still doesn't know what he's talking about...

Sadly, you *thinking* and me *knowing* has a difference.

...And amazingly Hokage is still being schooled...

CHAPTER 3: Where's my belt?

...Finally as our story reaches the conclusion, Hokage has hopefully learned many important things that will save him from ridicule (and an ass whooping from mommy's belt) in the future, but now he's reached his final lesson...

Daddy...? Daddy?

Yes, I'd submit you were my father if I wasn't oh say - nine years older than you.

THE END.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: I really can't tell you to act your age , but remember this for future reference: ACT YOUR AGE.

I did your mom as a 1 month old baby devil

Darth Sexy

Why would I have to prove that to you? The fact that you're embarassing yourself by stating such nonsense is good enough for me.. And childish insults against Sama? You lack the intelligence and the knowledge to be insulting anybody.

Motoko Sama

Actually, it's up to you to first prove why Kenobi can be considered above OT Vader (or post-ROTS Vader rather), since you made the allegation - not us to prove a negative.

Either way, I'll save you the trouble:

Vader's speed is incredible, topped with his strength (which proved useful in their original bout), and the fact his flexibility/agility is somewhat in-tact still.

The reason Vader lost to Kenobi originally was because of a few things: Obi-Wan knew Anakin inside and out, Obi-Wan did everything he could to escape Anakin's lightsaber (lava skating, platform jumping, etc.) until he could secure the high ground, Anakin was not thinking clearly, and was basically blinded by his power (which is different from the Anakin we see topple Dooku, who beat Obi-Wan).

Since his lesson at Mustafar, Anakin's learned control - the thing he didn't have much of before. He's been studying the Darkside for twenty plus years (and even knows Force crush apparently), his lightsaber form is described as magnificent and is now a combination and variant of the Djem So Kenobi faced.

So naturally, Kenobi won't be able to counter it (and he had trouble with Anakin's original form anyways), and that stems from Kenobi not knowing Anakin anymore (at least his fighting style, and knowledge); on a personal level - yes (even so, he's changed), on a combat level - no.

Now, not all that tells you exactly that OT Vader > Kenobi but I can provide a multitude of quotes that prove up on his power.

You weren't even alive when my mother had me, you dolt. You were born in the damn 90's for Buddha's sake.

Hokage Yoda
Why would I have to prove that to you? The fact that you're embarassing yourself by stating such nonsense is good enough for me.. And childish insults against Sama? You lack the intelligence and the knowledge to be insulting anybody.

Did you get my PM

Darth Sexy
Indeed, save your insults for your high school.

Hokage Yoda
You were one of the actors on

Motoko Sama
LOL. laughing

Darth Sexy
I don't even know how to respond to something so incredibly moronic.

Hokage Yoda
LOL. laughing

Mokto Sama I'm sorry for insulting you your cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.