College Basketball

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shaolin Monk
Alas, the second best time of the year is upon us. The NCAA Men's basketball season is about to get fully underway. As usual, I will be supporting the ACC title defending Maryland Terrapins.

Here are the polls...I feel the Coaches Poll is usually more "accurate"

Coaches Poll:

1 Kansas
2 Wake Forest
3 North Carolina
4 Georgia Tech
5 Illinois
6 Syracuse
7 Connecticut
8 Oklahoma State
9 Kentucky
10 Michigan State
11 Arizona
12 Duke
13 Louisville
14 Mississippi State
15 Texas
16 Maryland
17 Pittsburgh
18 Alabama
19 North Carolina State
20 Wisconsin
21 Notre Dame
22 Florida
23 Memphis
24 Washington
25 Stanford

The AP Poll:

1 Kansas
2 Wake Forest
3 Georgia Tech
4 North Carolina
5 Syracuse
6 Illinois
7 Oklahoma State
8 Connecticut
9 Kentucky
10 Arizona
11 Duke
12 Mississippi State
13 Michigan State
14 Louisville
15 Maryland
16 Texas
17 Pittsburgh
18 Alabama
19 North Carolina State
20 Notre Dame
21 Wisconsin
22 Washington
23 Florida
24 Memphis
25 Gonzaga

Dr. Strangelove
I'm not a big fan of college basketball as I don't really watch any games until March Madness or if Dick Vitale is calling a game. I mostly root for the local teams Cal and Stanford.

forumcrew
we will be rivals all season then.. go Blue Devils

Shaolin Monk
lol yep, I remember a thread we both commented in...about how I live in cali, but all my favorite teams are outside of california...and you were saying how you hate the terrapins and you live in maryland, and like duke

this will be a lot of fun smile

Dick Vitale is awesome...if anyone else acted like him, it would be annoying...but he always makes me laugh

wuTa
im a big time duke fan and i like dickie v but he is so biased when it comes to duke....i'm a duke fan and it even bothers me....i've heard some maryland fans call him dukie v

forumcrew
i agree 100% i like him calling duke games but he is way to biased for them.. buts ok cause they rock

the acc is gonna be insane this year

Shaolin Monk
As usual...got 6 teams in the top 20 and were voted the "toughest" conference for the 5th straight year.

Did anyone watch the Tar Heels play like crap against Santa Clara? Everything was falling for Santa Clara and the Tar Heels never responded

DanZeke25
me too... I root for St. Joes and the other local teams.. but i never know when they are pleying or if there on TV... i like Duke too... i don't no why.. i just do... but i barely watch it until March Madness

ElectricBugaloo
I'll only watch when my Lobos are playing. Even though they've really sucked the last five years or so.

wuTa
anyone see Duke vs Davidson...Duke couldnt put Davidson away and they kept coming back...but Duke eventually pulled it out...they also had sweet new uniforms...dark blue with black on the side

vagaryatwill
Carolina was also playing without it's starting point guard, who had been suspended for game because he played in some unauthorized summer league. Felton played against BYU, though, and did well. Tar Heels play Tennessee tonight. Should be a good game. I love that 3 out of the top 4 teams in the preseason poll were from the ACC.

PandoraMomo
I am a huge Duke fan, but I dunno how they are going to do this year. I hope they get at least into final four... *crosses fingers* This is definately going to be an interesting season....

Shaolin Monk
Felton wouldn't have made Santa Clara's shots stop missing though

Glad they beat Tennesse tonight

Glad Maryland beat Mercer

Glad Texas lost

Shaolin Monk
Maryland VS. Memphis tonight

got me a lil nervous, I haven't been able to see much of the Terrapins yet, and I watched Memphis play last week...should be a great game

wuTa
marquette has a good team this year....i wouldnt be surprised if that made it into the final four...deiner is among the best point guards in the league and they also have novak....he's 6;10 and can shoot from anyone ...his game is alot like dirk norowtzki

Shaolin Monk
I definitely agree that they are a good team, but I dont think they will make it to the Final Four. Travis Diener is a badass, but I don't think he's at the level Dwayne Wade was last year for Marquette, when Wade led them to the Final Four.

I do think they have a great chance of winning Conference USA. I really think Louisville is overrated.

Did anyone watch my Terps beat the sh!t outta 24/25th ranked Memphis?

wuTa
that was two years wade led them to the final four......deiner was a big part of there success in that run... deiner and wade were just awesome i had them in the final four that year on my brackett big grin...i think he is at that level i'm just not sure if marquette has enough help around him...i think they do though...i miss the terps game but im not surpised...gary williams always has his teams prepared

Shaolin Monk
very true about Diener getting help

terps played well + memphis playing like sh!t = blowout

tuesday terps play 17th ranked Wisconsin eek!

for the first time (at least that i've seen), both Wisconsin and Arizona were ranked 17th over the weekend, and there was no number 18...anyone ever seen that??? I haven't...and I thought it was quite stupid...Arizona mighta dropped to 18th or farther down since losing to Wake...I thought it was odd that two teams were ranked the same

Shaolin Monk
I don't like Illinois...specially not as the number 1

Maryland has lost twice! Jerks

Anyone watch Syracuse and Oklahoma State last night?? holy crap, Syracuse couldn't shoot from the free throw line for sh!t. Oklahoma State didn't impress me one bit

forumcrew
goin to the maryland game this sunday although there playin a no body

Shaolin Monk
you....you....YOU!!!!!

yeh, they play UNC Asheville...damn man, I am sooooooooooooo incredibly jealous...every year I ask my parents to send me out there for a game as my christmas present...hasn't happened sad ...I thought you hated Maryland though? You gonna be rooting for Asheville laughing out loud ?

You ever been to a Duke game? You should go to Duke @ Maryland on February 12th.

Do you live in College Park? Or just near there....too personal of a question perhaps stick out tongue

How much was the ticket...cause isn't it only free for students of Maryland

wuTa
duke tickets are impossible to get unless your a student

vagaryatwill
How about UVA? They were doing pretty well until they lost this past week to somebody unranked I think.

Shaolin Monk
literally?

I think there loss was to Iowa or Iowa State. We'll see how well they play against Wake Forest, who is their first big game

wuTa
UVA lossed to iowa state...i hate UVA

Shaolin Monk
the Louisville/Florida game wasn't too bad this morning...I can't stand Illinois...they don't deserve number 1

forumcrew
went to the maryland game today it was my first time at the new comcast center its a really nice place.. and they played a crap team and won easy cant wait for the duke maryland game in february.. maryland is losing hussan too which is a problem for them

Shaolin Monk
why are they losing fofana...doesn't say anything about it on their site, but he is off of the roster...u know what happened?

wuTa
coach k got win 700 last night smile

forumcrew
yea hes pissed at them.. he is transfering its mostly over playing time.. they arnt giving him the recognition he wants... he didnt play in the last game either he is off the team..

congrats coach K he was second fastest only his mentor bobby knight beat him to it

forumcrew
no there not.. well maybe for duke home games but they still arnt..

im gettin nice seats for the duke maryland game

Shaolin Monk
gotcha

where the hell is my invite? you will have gone to 2 maryland games this season, I have never been to one! And they are my team!

forumcrew
haha.. my dad recently started working for a new company and his boss who is the CEO bought lifetime seats there

Shaolin Monk
loads of good basketball on today...watching Kentucky/Louisville right now. Can't wait for GA Tech/Gonzaga...go Tech

anywho, I can't stand Illinois...I would rather Duke was ranked 1 then Illinois was

forumcrew
Duke game was good i was a little worried at the half but they always stay calm and get the job done..

Maryland almost lost yesterday to FSU (an unranked ACC team) that would of made maryland unranked and even the fact that they barely won in OT could take them out of the rankings because they are only 23 now

Shaolin Monk
Duke almost lost today to Clemson (an unranked ACC team)...that would of made Duke unranked and even the fact they they barely won could take them out of the rankings

lol

never gonna see a team lose a spot in the rankings for winning stick out tongue

forumcrew
lol real funny.. maryland was getting beat all game duke was not dukes game was close but they didnt have to make a huge come back..

also maryland was only 2 spots out of the ranking duke was high up.. so its not even close lol..

Duke stays undefeated! OH YEAH!

GT game was the game of the year so far i think wish they would have won though

Tptmanno1
UCONN....
kinda sucks this year...

forumcrew
good

just watched wade dunk un okafor the other night loved it

Shaolin Monk
laughing glad you liked that

maryland wasn't getting beat all game, they were winning most the game...but like the duke/clemson game, the non-ranked team pulled ahead at times throughout the 2nd half, but by no more than 5 points

i really wanted GT to beat Kansas!! Bah, i was getting really frustrated...I always root for ACC teams when they play non-ACC opponents...sometimes, if Duke is lucky, I'll even root for them stick out tongue

forumcrew
haha glad to have your occasional support.. i think GT is gonna be deadly this year their team is so deep have one of the most solid benches ever

Shaolin Monk
you know who I really can't stand...Gonzaga!!! Every year they have a decent team, every year the experts leave them outta the top 25 to start off, then everyone jumps on the Gonzaga bandwagon after the first few weeks of the season, or as soon as they beat someone noteworthy...extremely annoying.

I don't think that Gonzaga is a championship team though...they sorta go in spurts....they will play really well for a few games, then lose to a bunch of crappy teams.

And how about NC State??? Losing 3 games so far, 1 to Washington, 1 to a team I don't know the name of because all it says on their site is "TBA" and then yesterday to West Virginia.

Man, North Carolina impresses the hell outta me. I don't see how my terps are gonna have a chance this coming saturday. GT is great too, I really like Jarret Jack. BJ Elder needs to stay healthy though if these guys are going to repeat last years run.

As usual, the ACC owns the polls, and the nation big grin yes

forumcrew
hell YEAH!

all acc final 4 would be sweet

a big suprise this year to me is the huskies i like them a lot

Shaolin Monk
oh man, that would be badass...Yeh, Washington is doing really well...Can't believe they are ranked 13th! Seems like the 10-20 guys are kinda quiet though...a lot of talk about 1-9 being really good, and 20-25 being close to losing their spot. The Huskies snuck right up there....

forumcrew
ended up going to the maryland game again tonight.. they played mt saint marys (a little school like 15 min from where i live) and killed them.. garrison blocked a shot with like his elbow it was funny

towards the end it had got pretty quiet at one part and so i yelled "Go Duke"

Shaolin Monk
laughing laughing you jackass

yeah, since I hate Comcast and refuse to pay for some of their channels, I had to listen to the game on my computer...which was alright, I like the commentators...but it was a blowout...woulda been funny if I had heard you

we'll see how they play Saturday @ north carolina, i just pray for a good game regardless

forumcrew
lol i just scrolled up and the page is just me and you alternating not a lot of college hoops fans here i guess.. Im watchin Duke kill princeton right now JJ is havin another slow start he keeps managing to score a lot but its taking him too long to get going against a really good team Dukes gonna be in trouble

Shaolin Monk
ya, no one has posted in uh long ass time but me and you

tonight was interesting...

Boston College beat 10th ranked UCONN
Georgetown beat 16th ranked Pittsburgh
Villanova beat 21st ranked West Virginia
Houston beat 17th ranked Louisville
Michigan beat 14th ranked Iowa
Vanderbilt beat 19th ranked Alabama

Kansas and Kentucky barely pulled out their wins.

I can't stand Illinois...have i said that? lol...they aren't the best team in the nation!! I really think North Carolina is, Rashad McCants is friggin insane. North Carolina should be number 1, all the "experts" imply it, but no one will admit that Illinois isn't the best. They have a much easier conference schedule.

Let's see, who is tougher...Iown, Michigan State, and Wisconsin.....or Duke, Wake Forest, and Georgia Tech....not to mention Maryland, NC State, and Virginia....bah, I'm tired of hearing that the Big 10 is the ACC's match...

ACC has been owning the Big 10 in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge for many years!!

forumcrew
i agree completely illinois is very over rated there simply is NO match to the ACC bottom line.. Uconn better drop a lot and boston college needs to get into the ranking for tonight i loved seein uconn get beat!..

marylands got a tough week comign up though Gt and UNC on the road ouch... its time for them to prove their worth basicly gilcrest need 30-40 points a game

forumcrew
6 top 25 teams lost wednesday night and theres only 4 undefeated teams left

Shaolin Monk
did you see the Maryland/North Carolina game today?

wow...maryland played so well. They took advantage of NC's mistakes, had a lot of points in the paint, and out rebounded NC on both boards. They also shot well from 3 point land. They haven't played that well in awhile!

Yeah...RIGHT!

It was horrible, very disappointed in my Terps. I didn't think they would beat NC at home, but I didn't think they would lose by THAT much. It was disgusting to watch. NC kicked their asses.

forumcrew
yea it was ugly most point ever scored against maryland.. and then duke one after to make it a happy day for me yes

Shaolin Monk
focker ^^^^ lol

Kansas @ Kentucky

dunno who I want to win this...should be a good game...I don't like Kentucky though. So prolly end up goin for Kansas.

Shaolin Monk
Kansas/Kentucky game was good...did u watch it forumcrew?

Perfect example of why I don't like the AP Poll, and never have:

AP Poll:

1 Illinois 16-0
2 Kansas 11-0
3 North Carolina 13-1
4 Wake Forest 13-1
5 Duke 11-0
6 Oklahoma State 11-1
7 Syracuse 15-1
8 Georgia Tech 11-2
9 Kentucky 10-2
10 Texas 12-2
11 Mississippi State 14-2
12 Connecticut 9-2
13 Boston College 13-0
14 Washington 13-2
15 Michigan State 10-2
16 Gonzaga 11-3
17 Arizona 12-3
18 Cincinnati 13-1
19 Louisville 12-3
20 Pittsburgh 11-2
21 George Washington 10-2
22 Marquette 13-1
23 Alabama 12-3
24 Iowa 12-3
25 Oklahoma 11-2

Coaches Poll:

1 Illinois 16-0
2 Kansas 11-0
3 Wake Forest 13-1
4 North Carolina 13-1
5 Duke 11-0
6 Oklahoma State 11-1
7 Syracuse 15-1
8 Kentucky 10-2
9 Connecticut 9-2
10 Georgia Tech 11-2
11 Texas 12-2
12 Pittsburgh 11-2
13 Arizona 12-3
14 Washington 13-2
15 Iowa 12-3
16 Louisville 12-3
17 Gonzaga 11-3
18 Alabama 12-3
19 Michigan State 10-2
20 Cincinnati 13-1
21 Maryland 9-3
22 Mississippi State 14-2
23 West Virginia 11-1
24 North Carolina State 10-4
25 George Washington 10-2

forumcrew
i actually have more issues with the coaches poll then I do the AP poll.. you have to admit after UNC Maryland should not be ranked and if they are then #25 at best.. Boston college deserves to be ranked and they SHOULD be above uconn since they beat them in uconn!! GT should be higher and they will be very soon

Shaolin Monk
yeh, my bad...that was last weeks poll lol...and i do agree Maryland shouldn't be ranked...maybe if it woulda been a close game, but since it was a blowout and their 3rd loss, they shouldn't be ranked...they aren't this week...and tonight will be no better from saturday...they play @ Wake!!

This weeks poll: http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/polls

Man, I don't see how Boston College isn't ranked higher than UCONN either...BC is even undefeated...that's garbage.

and since ur from maryland/east coast...do u know wtf "RJ" or "RJ Split" is? It's what some maryland games are broadcasted on, but I dunno if its just a "local" channel over there or what

forumcrew
no idea.. the only local RJ thing is a restaurant called RJ Bentleys thats a really popular place to go before games lol..

but yea UCONN is gettin lucky and maryland needs to really step it up against wake

Shaolin Monk
oh ok

I'm listening to the game right now...gilchrist didn't start cause he missed an academic assignment they said...honestly, maryland needs to get their sh!t together, all of them, as a team, or they are goin to the NIT instead of the big tourney no expression

Shaolin Monk
twas horrible...81-66

maryland was 1-14 from 3 pt. range

their 2nd string guys played MUCH better than the starters...gilchrist didn't even play in the 2nd half...

they outscored wake by 6 in the 2nd half, but played so bad in the first it didn't matter

now they got a tough temple team saturday....yay lol

forumcrew
yea gilcrest had his warmups on all of the second half gary williams was sending him a message because hes had some administration issues and gotten a little too big for his britches.. i give them credit for fighting hard in the second half though and trying.. towards the end gilcrest was becoming more verbaly supportive from the bench (he HAS to step up as a leader for this team)

i still think its funny that theres only been 1 other post then us since the first page and that was just someone sayign uconn sucks this year

Shaolin Monk
laughing

did u watch NC whoop Georgia Tech tonight? I don't think NC will lose @ home this year. If they beat Wake Saturday, they better be ranked number 1 on next week's poll, or Duke should be (if they beat NC State tomorrow night, and Virginia on Sunday).

forumcrew
yea its gettin good now.. the UNC game was unreal i was hoping kansas wouldnt pull it out just so the acc teams can take over the top ranks.. but UNC will move past them regardless.. now go duke vs the wolf pack

forumcrew
DUKE pulls another one out and stays undefeated oh yea!

Shaolin Monk
if NC isn't ranked 1st next week, then Duke should be...and I don't even like them lol...I just hate Illinois...they don't deserve it.

After the first 13 mins, I was like "oh sh!t, Duke is in trouble"...but NC State just couldn't get it done, and Duke fought back...gotta give em props for doin that on the road.

forumcrew
yea and they have some real injury problems.. they had some role player guys step up big tonight

Duke wont be #1 theres no way.. illinois is like 15-0 and even though they have a weeker schedule then acc teams they have won by large margins.. UNC will likely be #1 kansas barely won their last one they should fall to 3-5 duke should go to top 3 the UNC Wake game should be great

Shaolin Monk
i was pissed that on the west coast they weren't televising the UNC/Wake game. Instead it was the Syracuse/Providence game.

Looks like Illinois will still be number if they win today no expression

man...nik caner-medley had 35 points! and mike jones had 21...gilchrist didn't do too much, so it was good that jones/medley stepped it up this game...was a must win, and good thing they did

forumcrew
JJ made up for his low scoring vs NCstate with 28 tonight to keep DUKE undefeated oh yea and then State won over GT i was suprised about that

forumcrew
well now if Duke stays undefeated for the week they are going to #3 because Wake got beat by FSU tonight what a shocker.. just shows you anything can happen in the ACC

Shaolin Monk
finally got a chance to come post...

that was crazy FSU beat Wake in OT.

Maryland beat Virginia last night...but DJ Strawberry is out for the season sad

I hope Iowa beats Illinois tonight, that would be awesome

forumcrew
yea im with you on that one... it would maybe give Duke #1

and that sucks about DJ he was a very good player this just isnt their year at all..

GOBLUE DEVILS

forumcrew
with illinois almost getting beat and going into OT and kansas barely winning and wake getting beat could Duke go to #1? they will atleast be #3

Shaolin Monk
I would like to see Duke #1. There was a great article on foxsports.com about how Duke was picked to finish 6th in the ACC back in November, and why the guy who wrote the article apologizes for his and others comments about Duke's lack of leadership (at the beginning of the season).

The thing with Duke is that they've always been a dangerous "come from behind" team. I still have nightmares from when Maryland was beating Duke by 15 points, with a minute and 15 seconds left in the game, and Duke came back to win.

I think most college analysts are just waiting for Illinois to lose so that they can quit saying "yeah, they are the best"...everyone should know by now, with everyone being over halfway through their schedules, that Illinois is not the best.

Can't believe NC State dropped another one...they playin @ Maryland on Sunday

forumcrew
Kansas got crushed and Duke made FSU look horrible that gives them a lock on #2 and im sure some votes for #1 JJ was insane tonight

forumcrew
they got 1 vote for #1

forumcrew
well once again maryland decided to play great against duke and they brought out the worst in duke..

although it was the worst refs ive seen all year.. on both sides.. redick was getting fouled a ton and williams was getting away with fouls.. HUGE win for maryland

Shaolin Monk
sorry I haven't been postin with ya forumcrew, we are in the midst of moving, and tomorrow is my last night in this house.

Anywho...completely agree, maryland decided to play great, and duke seemed off right from the get go. I couldn't believe the refs. Definitely the worst "refereeing" i've ever seen in college basketball, for both teams.

Duke will still have a good ranking, and this helps Maryland, especially because some of the 20-25 ranked guys lost. It seems like most ACC teams split their games. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Duke come back and beat Maryland at the Comcast Center.

Gilchrist REALLY needs to step it up. He only had 10 points...sure he plays good defense, makes some nice moves, and dishes the ball well...he still needs a break out game, like Caner-Medley has been having.

Man, did you watch Illinois @ Wisconsin? I was soooo pissed at Wisconsin. They should have given the ball to Wilkinson more!

forumcrew
yea i was really upset i wanted wisonsin to win so bad.. and Caner-Medley has been amazing laitly if they go anywhere this year its because he stepped up when no one else could get it done.. Redick is just too small to guard him and he abused him all night..

the problem for duke is this was one of the easier of their hard games coming up.. although they seem to have trouble with maryland no matter what.. they are gonna need to win 2 of the 3 with unc gt and wake

Shaolin Monk
Stupid Maryland, losing to Clemson, the first time they loss to them since 1997!!! Horrific!

You watch the Wake/Duke game? I thought Wake was really gonna pull away, but Duke came back in the end, even without Ewing. Redick hit some nice shots.

Watched UNC b!tch slap NC State last night. Maryland has to beat Miami and Virginia Tech, cause they play Duke again a week from tomorrow. They really need some momentum going into that game.

forumcrew
yea turned out to be really good i wish theyd of won.. and JJ is just amazing.. hes #6 in the league in points right now but the rest of the top scorers play for shit teams.. Duke has to beat GT and shocking UNC would be nice too.. i couldnt believe MD lost to clemson they looked like they finnaly had it together then that

forumcrew
clemson and miami whats goin on man.. i was very pleased to make GT look easy

forumcrew
shaolin we really need more people to post here.. but bigger news..

DUKE WON!

this was the best game ive seen all year i hope you saw it wow it was great

Dr. Strangelove
I saw the last two minutes...good finish although the NC point guard should've drived instead of holding back when the Duke player went for a steal as he would've had an open jumper.

Also forgot to mention that I also root for UCLA as there my Dad's alma-mater.

forumcrew
yea but if the refs didnt suck at the end that wouldnt of mattered.. but he did make a big mistake thats why hes a freshmen.. whats the deal with ucla laitly?

vagaryatwill
UNC will get them at home. I hope. They just didn't play well last night and Duke played with more heart, that's all there is to it.

forumcrew
the unc @ duke game was on espn classics tonight as an instant classic

Shaolin Monk
lol yeah, we do

yeah, that was a good game. I was in San Francisco, watching it in a Hotel Room. I thought UNC was gonna pull it off in the end, down by 1 with 13 seconds left. I can't say enough about Mr. Redick, he's superb.

Uh oh...Duke @ Maryland tonight. It makes me nervous man lol. Maryland is on the bubble hardcore. I figure Maryland has to win 5 of their last 7 games to make the tourney. So if they lose to Duke tonight, and UNC in 2 weeks, they HAVE to win all the other games, and do well in the ACC tourney.

If they do that, they will have a 19-9 record. Which isn't too great, but should get them an 8 seed in the tourney.

Can't believe Memphis kicked the sh!t outta Louisville. I watched that before the UNC/Duke game. Louisville didn't score for over 9 minutes in the first half, and over 7 minutes in the second half. Disgusting!

I just finished watching Pittsburgh beat Notre Dame. All of a sudden, Notre Dame is deciding to play well the past few weeks.

I'm hoping Wisconsin can beat Illinois, they are down by 1 at halftime.

Shaolin Monk
tough loss tonight forumcrew

Duke was awesome from 3 pt. range, but the foul trouble lost if for them in the end. I think if Shelden Williams and Ewing could have stayed in the game, it would have ended differently.

Gilchrist decided to play today, which was a plus for me, and maybe now he will turn it on down the stretch.

forumcrew
yea i was at work (im a bartender) so i only saw bits after halftime i only got to see like 5 minutes spread out so i was mad cause it looked liek a great game.. the fouls though ruined duke without sheldon they have no chance and with ewing in trouble too its just no chance and the Technical foul on Ewing was absolute bullshit im sorry but big ass ebikwe elbowed him in the face on purpose and ewing said something to him and only ewing gets in trouble for it? thats just crap Randolph fouling out before OT made it so losing Williams was even worse too.. i just wanna know why MD plays great vs duke but no one else? lol if they meet in the acc turny it wont be a 3 peat

forumcrew
and oh yea when randolph got his 5th it looked to me like mcCray stepped out first and even then it was a shady call i thought but charges/blocks always are..

forumcrew
ok and i just wated more tape of it.. when JJ and then dockery missed 3's in the same posestion MD was way out of bounds when they got the rebound and then dockery tied him up for a jump ball and got a foul? i mean they were pretty much screwed anyway but that was rediculous i mean Coach K was close to getting a Technicall and that doesnt happen

and mccray traveled with about 1.2 seconds left lol

forumcrew
ok just one other thing JJ is a beast.. he played all 45 minutes tonight and in the last 4 games hes played like 164 of the 165 minutes

forumcrew
Kansas and Kentucky lost and MD got swept by State yet they swept duke what an odd team

Shaolin Monk
maryland is retarded lol...they beat Duke, then lose to NC State, then barely beat Virgina in Double OT, then lose to Clemson by 4 AT HOME...I really think their only chance of making the NCAA tournament is if they win the ACC tournament.

It was funny last night though...2 minutes into the game Gary Williams pulled ALL the starters lol...then made them all sit for like 5 mins.

Oh and forumcrew...it's already been a 3peat, if you go back to last season lol

I can't believe Virginia Tech pulled the upset against Duke. I think Duke still has a good chance of being a number 1 seed, especially if they beat UNC (i think it's both of their last games of the season).

UNC @ Maryland this weekend...hope it's not too ugly

forumcrew
yea maryland is just like on drugs this year.. if they played like they did vs clemson and state vs DUke, duke would be #1 damnit! but atleast Duke hung in there in this ugly came vs GT tonight..

Redick with 38 vs Wake was awesome and and BC lost a second game the end of the season is gonna be sweet..

I wanna try and somehow get tickets to the ACC turny (its at the MCI Center in DC I live like 45 min away)

Shaolin Monk
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! You gotta go, and make a sign that says "Hi Mark". Man, that would be so much fun to go to that, regardless of what happens in the tourney.

I loved watching Nova beat BC. I think Dudley on BC has become the guy I hate the most in NCAA men's basketball. I hate how he smirks after he makes every shot. BC won't make it past the sweet 16.

Sorry to hear about Dockery. That really sux. It's almost like Maryland losing Strawberry...neither of them rack up the points (I think dockery is around 6 a game, strawberry is at 5), but both are great on defense.

What did you think about that John Chaney incident in the Temple VS St. Josephs (or St. Johns) game? I thought it was cool he had the guts to suspend himself, but he shoulda suspended himself for more than 1 game. That guy that was fouled has a broken arm!

forumcrew
yea im soooo upset about dockery.. its far worse then McCray because Dukes bench is so small as it is.. dockery is very key to the team.. now nelson(a freshmen) or JJ have to handle the ball when ewing is out..

Dockery started 19 times this season for Duke (No. 10 ESPN/USA Today, No. 7 AP) and has a scoring average of 6.5 points per game for the Blue Devils (20-4, 10-4). He is shooting 48 percent from the floor -- including 42.9 percent from 3-point range.

He is third on the team with 56 assists and second with 42 steals.

those assists and steals and his 3 point shooting ability is gonna kill them to not have.. i dont think duke can win now

forumcrew
cant believe MD lost and is only 7-9 now.. may not make the turny..

OSU just beat ILL about 10 seconds again that was awesome!

and Duke finishes with UNC in 2 hours!

wuTa
maryland should make an at large bid....duke lost to unc but that was another classic unc/duke game...i thought for sure reddick was gonna knock down that 3 at the end

forumcrew
yea me too.. but with a 2 point lead and 35 seconds duke just plain F*cked up the Wake game was crazy too... so many great games yesterday. Maryland has to win a couple in the acc turny to make the ncaa

Linkalicious
I'm a UCLA fan...and well...they've been sh!tty for a while now.

My best friend's favorite team is UNC, so I've been watching games and rooting along with him. I'll probably throw $100 on UNC to win the tourney.

forumcrew
the acc tourny or the ncaa?

chris paul is suspended for Wakes first game of the ACC which will likely be against NC State who almost beat them in the game that is the cause of his suspension.. could cause them to get knocked out early.. but JJ loves to score on Wake so i dont mind either way

wuTa
i cant wait for selection sunday...i'm getting antsy...i want to fill out my bracket now damnit

forumcrew
Maryland is really screwed now Gist is hurt

DanZeke25
I'm starting to watch College Basketball more now. I dont watch it at all during the season unless and undefeted team is playing and they might lose(i always want undefeted teams to lose) until now. I like Duke a lot for no reason, i just like them, and i like the teams close to me, Villanova, St Joes, Penn, and others. I like Louisville too, but i dont know why.

forumcrew
as long as you like Duke your ok with me! A good reason is no one gave them credit at the start of the year and yet they have been a top team all year! JJ redick was the only unanimus all ACC 1st team player chosen and hes the scoring leader by a lot.

a friend of mine got tickets for the MD clemson tourny game

forumcrew
MD lost to clemson again and now i dont think they can make the NCAA tourney they need to send them a message and shouldnt let them squeak in with such a horrible year... and even better i might get tickets for the rest of the acc tourney now that MD is out which means DUKE tickets

DanZeke25
right now Clemson is up 3 on the Tar Heels. I usually root for the underdogs so go Clemson!!!

botankus
Clemson up by 12. Wow.

forumcrew
now they are down 2 with under a minue and UNC has ball damnit

botankus
Well, so much for the Tigers. It was fun while it lasted for about an hour.

DanZeke25
yeah, i was really hoping they won, Missouri almost beat Oklahoma too.

forumcrew
WV came up big again.. and Virginia played duke hard but they just didnt have enough. And Chris Paul is an idiot I knew NCST was gonna whoop up on them tonight.. this is setting up Duke UNC for the 3rd time and their first 2 were amazing cant wait. Duke really proved tonight thye have other guys to get the job done with redick and williams not scoring much

DanZeke25
Wow, how about the Louisville-Memphis game. I cant believe the one kid missed th last to free-throws though. I feel bad for him.

forumcrew
yea me too.. there were a lot of crazy finishes like KU and the iowa wisconsin game...

but most importantly how bout GT taking over UNC and DUKE heading to its 8th straight ACC championship game

wuTa
i didnt think that GT beating UNC wasnt that big of a suprise....i;m looking foward to that ACC championship game....i think duke is gonna pull it off but its gonna be close

forumcrew
Good game DUKE wins again.. and GT never lead just the way I like it

DanZeke25
Man, I wish OSU lost, i hate them, ever since Lucas hit that three against St. Joes last year.

forumcrew
clemson could get a 4th shot at MD in the NIT

FlappingMangera
Yeah duke played a good game yesterday....not surprised to see them at the 1 seed.

are you guys gettin into some bracket pools? ive filled out 3 already....i gotta bring in some cash this year!

march madness seriously limits my producitivty in so many ways its ridiculous.....does anyone else see similar symptoms during the tourney? lack of work ethic, failure to do ANY work, etc?

forumcrew
well being in college thats just my life style all year lol..

but yea laitly ive been watching so many games between that and classes my march is gone luckily i have spring break during part of the tournament

wuTa
who else filled out a brackett...i filled out two like every year for my dads work my final fours are
sheet 1:
illinois
zags
duke
kansas

sheet 2:
O.S.U
W.F
UNC
Duke

Linkalicious
I filled out an entire tourney bracket for this pool at work.

I'll see if I can find a way to put my picks up....I admit, I don't have enough knowledge about all the teams, but it was fun picking favorites.

Dr. Strangelove
My bracket. Since I don't know how good half the teams are, I'm pretty much just guessing, but guessing sometimes can be the good way to go.stick out tongue

Go Tar Heels!!!eek!

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/html/view?entryID=2243033

forumcrew
we cant see it until the tournament starts... but ill check it out when it does. im glad to see more people around here now that its tournament time for a while it was just me and shaolin who actually hasnt been around since the end of the season, i guess hes too ashamed of his terps

DanZeke25
interesting, New Mexico going to the sweet sixteen, i got all my picks right accept Alabama losing so far. If you go to the message boards the people are so stupid. They have Duke going out first round.. lol... and they're saying that Duke is overrated and JJ Reddick is horrible.. laughing
GO DUKE and VILLANOVA!!! Penn lost, thats no surprise since i picked them to lose, but i wanted them to win since my basketball team went to see them practice.

forumcrew
ive always been a hard core duke fan and they are maybe a lil over rated at a #1 but no one is giving them a chance still so they havnt really been over rated at all and at the start of the year people gave them shit.. saying JJ is bad just makes you look like a moron i dont care if you hate the kid you have to see he has amazing talent.

wuTa
i've been a hardcore dukie since the 2nd grade and will admit if there overrated...but if any teams overrated at #1 seed its washington....and people can hate on reddick all they want....its not gonna stop him from averaging 25ppg throughout the tournament

Dr. Strangelove
I was 72% percent right on my picks, not bad eh?

The only upset that I got was UW-Milwaukee over Alabama, but I got killed by Kansas and Syracuse both getting upset.

Look out for Pacific to make the Sweet 16 and maybe even going farther. There somewhat the new Gonzaga per say of a small school playing with the big boys.

DanZeke25
I'm 26-6, 96 percent... not bad

forumcrew
thats only 81.25% dan you would need to be 31-1 to be 96% my best is like 240 points (on espn's) Go Zags!

also VT just lost in the NIT

Shaggy2dope
illinois rules all

Shaggy2dope
illinois 13-0 i beleive 100% baby

forumcrew
ok illinois is 32-1 not 13-0.. they wont have a hard game until OK state or Arizona

im so mad i like Texas Tech but a lot of people (including myself) thought Gonzaga could make a deep run this year so i went with them over tech now im hoping Utah can hang on to their early big lead

DanZeke25
Originally posted by forumcrew
thats only 81.25% dan you would need to be 31-1 to be 96% my best is like 240 points (on espn's) Go Zags!

well i had 260 points on the ESPN thing, and right next to it, it said 95 percent, i guess the percent means something different, as of right now i have 340 points, and it says 85 percent next to it.

forumcrew
yea its like what percentile you are in relative to your group. i was confused by it for a while myself

i have 440 and 420 (2 different brackets) as of the end of the 2nd round

DanZeke25
i have 430 and 420, i dont think i have a chance though, lot of people have 100 or more points more than me.

forumcrew
yea im a big duke fan so i have them winning so thats my only real chance

BasketCase
my bracket is screwed up...sucks, oh well..

forumcrew
Originally posted by BasketCase
my bracket is screwed up...sucks, oh well..

dont feel too bad most are pretty screwed up

DanZeke25
yea im a big duke fan so i have them winning so thats my only real chance

Yeah i have Duke winning it too for the one with 420, and i still have 3 left in my Final Four, so maybe that will help... for the one with 430, i have Illinios beating Duke, and 3 of the Final Four too.

forumcrew
sweet 16 tonight!

scoobym
My final four from the beginning: Illinois, Louisville, Duke, North Carolina. I also had Millwakee to be where they are at.

forumcrew
lost our first #1 tonight.. not a big suprise i dont think but id of liked to see them go further.

scoobym did you use espn if so how many points do you have?

wuTa
that wasnt a suprise at all...i had louisville over washington and i'm sure anyone who watched college basketball this year did also and if they didnt there kicking themselves in the ass....washington shouldnt have been a #1 seed

DanZeke25
Good, wanted Louisville to win, now Duke and Villanova have to win.

scoobym
lost our first #1 tonight.. not a big suprise i dont think but id of liked to see them go further.

scoobym did you use espn if so how many points do you have?

No espn im sorry to say. i should have though

b-ball_chick
Hey
Just like y'all I love Basketaball, i thought maybe we could share reasons why we love the game, play it. Best memories bout it, favourite teams, players and all you want. Let's just interact! wink

b-ball_chick
I love basketball cause the first time i played it i fell for it, i dont know why but it just happened and even thoough at first i wasn't very good at it.

forumcrew
i love the game.. we have an nba thread and a college thread if you wanna talk about actuall teams just so ya know..

playoffs at my school are getting ready to start this week cant wait i play almost daily

forumcrew
NOOOOOOOOO

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

(if you dont know what this is about you obviously dont belong in this thread)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>