Baseball first Minority Baseball Player??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NiceGuynj
Okay I heard that Jackie Robinson is the first african-american baseball player of the "modern" era but who was the first minority because Lefty Gomez who is Mexican desecent and born in California played for the Yankees from 1930-1942 and was in about 3 world series and was great back then and I think Jackie Robinson first played with the dodgers in 1947.Can anyone tell me who the first minority baseball player and did Lefty Gomez play for American baseball league before Jackie Robinson???If any one can tell me it would be great so I can get my facts straight.Thanks.

forumcrew

NiceGuynj
But why is Jackie Robinson consider the fist african american player in baseball??????

forumcrew
couldnt tell you maybe because he made the biggest impact?

NiceGuynj
Well he had records in the world series and has a butt load of victories and led in some years in strike outs and want not.Maybe because he in photos he looks just like(No offense) like a tall white guy but I don't know.

Smegy
He was the first black man to play in Major League Baseball, I believe. Not baseball in general.

Smasandian
Also, because Jackie Robinson was bloody amazing baseball player.

I think he was the first minorty baseball player, who was a visible minorty. Sure, Gomez is a Mexican descent, but he still lived in the States as an American Citizen, but he had white skin while Jackie Robinson was black.
What surpraised me is that Robinson played in Montreal, Canada before the Dodgers. From the info I saw, he was pretty grateful to be cheered by from the fans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.