Living 900 Years Is A Ripe Old Age...85 Years Is Not. What Happened After The Flood?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Here's an interesting observation.

According to the Bible, the average age people lived, before the flood was 800 to 900 years old. After the flood there was a sharp decline of around 350 years of age. Since then of course we live less and less longer, untill now the average age is around 65 to 80 years old..

The Big questions is what happened that would cause such a drop in age from before the flood to after the flood?

DCLXVI
Because the Flood was a story, I'm quite confused by this. confused
A few hundred years ago, our average "Old" Age was around 20-30 years old, not older than 80....so it doesn't really make sense that we would suffer a decline in age because of a Flood, and then suddenly start to adapt and live much longer....

Then again, I could just be a complete idiot who knows nothing....

Reborn Again
IF the Bible can be believed and IF we lived hundreds of years instead of a hundred like we do now... then of course there would be a decline and then a slow ascend back to an older age.

DEFCON One
maybe people didnt have developed brains back then, so their thinking took so little energy that they could live longer. also they had less stress, which would help to live longer. or maybe god loved them more than us so he granted them longer life

or maybe bible is full of shit

debbiejo
Originally posted by Reborn Again
IF the Bible can be believed and IF we lived hundreds of years instead of a hundred like we do now... then of course there would be a decline and then a slow ascend back to an older age.

But the decline was quite significant in a short period of time. What happened, what was different that after the flood that changed the peoples life spans?

vicki horvath
My only guesstimate is we developed more strains of disease and illnesses after the flood, all that water for that long! Anything could breed! Also, people used to live so long to populate the earth, that is why up to a certain point in tome there was also incest, until God saw that it was not "good".

neowizard2005
well i'm so sorry for all you non-god belivers but after the flood god shortened the life of man as a punishment for his repeated turning away from god!

rob

vicki horvath
Well, I am a believer, and I did not know it was a punishment! Please give me Biblical scripture to back this up. I really want to be informed! Thanks!

clickclick
something to do with radiation.

debbiejo
This might give us a clue. In the beginning the diet God gave to Adam and Eve was living fruits and herbs and probably included veggies. No animal meat was eaten until after the flood when god said it was permissible. Maybe because all the vegetation was dead, and maybe to shorten their life span. Also, the expanse over the earth which was made up of water was no longer there, so that would change the climate.

But it's neat to see that the perfect diet for man was raw foods since they didn't cook. People today that are on such a diet can cure many diseases including many cancers.

Afro Cheese
I always thought that they probably just measured years differently back in the day. Their year probably wasn't 365 days like ours is, but whatever word they originally used in the bible translated to "year" in English despite being a different length of time. Just a guess.

Darth Odious
Either the flood did something to the planet's atmostphere that made a little more radiation flow through(I'm not a scientist allright) or God realized 700 years is too much time for an evil person to live. Imagine Saddam living that long. Think of all the crap he would have pulled. Hitler would have had a field day and we'd all being speaking German now. A flood would be the only sure bet to wipe out everybody at everypoint of the compass. Still I think it would have been worth it to live back in those time(way before the flood of couse.)
I'm sure you would became old and frail only when you hit 690 or something. Not a bad life really. All I need is a delorean and some plutonium. I don't need much since I won't becoming back. robot

Darth Odious
Originally posted by neowizard2005
well i'm so sorry for all you non-god belivers but after the flood god shortened the life of man as a punishment for his repeated turning away from god!

rob People are still turning away! One Day is enough to turn away, escecially in the big cities.blowup

Jo Jay Ren
The flood in unproven

kevdude
if we go back to before the Flood, the bible clearly says (as in the days of Noah so shall be when the Son of God returns) or something to that effect, when Jesus could return i would say from now + 200 years from now. old age is starting to climb back up slowly. what i am trying to get at is that people in Noah's time must have been at least as smart as we are TODAY or maybe even smarter. when people live longer the earths population goes up faster and faster, imagine all the things Einstein could have made if he grew to be 500 years old. Ive seen some charts online that have said the earths population before the Flood was at least 5 billion people maybe more. the flood probably did mess with the earths atmosphere since it has never rained once before the flood. just imagine being at age 300 and LOOKING like u was 21, that would be swwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeettttttttttt... stick out tongue

finti
never rained before the flood, what a load of humbug

Darth Odious
After a long discussion on a topic that we will never solve, I like to sit back and unwind with an ice cold glass Pepsipepsiword B#itch....word.

Tex
bible=fantasy, not fact.

vicki horvath
Is that why it never goes away and the number of Born Again Christians all over the world are growing bigtime on a daily basis! Are you suggesting we all live in a fantasy world, because there are a lot of us! We got here somehoe, I choose to believe the good book. There have also been a lot of recent archeological finds that support the Bible. The fact that The Old Testament was written by a lot of different prophets, at different times in history, and they did not know of each other but said the same things, should give anyone pause to think!

finti
actually christianity is declining in numbers not increasing, with the rate the christians decline it wont be long before Islam is as big in numbers as the christians one

prophecys are easy to see when events have occured, to try to understand them before they happen though seems to be an impossible task cause they can mean anything you want it to, and afterwards thats exactly what they do. Its all in the eyes that see.

King Burger
GODLESS HEATHENS ALL O' YAS!!

I kid ofcourse...

Only finti is a godless heathen.stick out tongue

I always just saw it as God decreasing the life-span so that
humans can populate the world (more than before the flood).

Afterall, as the world around us shows, species that live the
longest generally have less offspring than those that live
longer (plants excluded). Take insects versus elephants for
example.

finti
eeeh heathless goden confused or what you said kingburger

vicki horvath
I appreciate your viewpoint,. I do believe you are wrong about the number of Christians declining, there are 2,00 Christians in an underground church in Iraq, Christianity has hit China, we have a missionary on the way to a country where there has never been one. Christianity is growing, I just believe it is not being talked about because we are becoming such a Godless society! I guess it really boils down to who you talk to. Also as a Born Again Christian, THE Lord has opened my eyes and I understand The bible more than i usd too, so I can see how all the major and minor prophets tie in. I do not claim to know even one quarter of everything, but have an open mind and am willing to learn, and even believe certain things with REAL PROOF, not the garbage the media feeds s! Sorr I seem to have gone off track, just cannot seem to stop! have a great dy! I really enjoy debating with all of you! smile

finti
christianity is declining all over Europe, I dont know how they got the total number for christians in the different European countries but the numbers are all wrong. Those who aint registered under a different religion or an alternative way of believe aint automatically christians. But this is how they count it. Take my country as an example, if we aint of a different religion or registered under an alternative way of believe we are automatically a memebr of the state church. As of Now the stae church says that 87% of the total population of Norway is a member. This number doesnt show the truth, this way 4 million out of 4, 6 million should be a christian in this country. In a huge survey among these memebrs only 27,5 % answered to be personal christian, the rest 72, 5 % said the didnt share this faith. Now instead of 4 million the real number 1,265 million, quite a different number. To these 1,265 million we can adda couple of hundred thousadns that belongs to various christian denominations here.

So the number of underground christians doesnt add up to the number of people who turn their back on the difffernt denomination around the world, so sorry christianity is declining in numbers.

vicki horvath
I think I worded it wrong, I am talking about true Apostolic Christians, not various religions, I do not believe in any "religion", and I bet a lot of decline is in the Catholic Church, which I do not consider to be a true Christian Church. They say if a tree bears rotton fruit it is all rotton, and I see nothing more rotton than molesting young children! I guess it is safe to say noone knows anything for sure! It is cool to be talking to someone from Norwa, my sister from my Moms side is one half norwegian from her Dad. Anyway, anything else you have tosay, I am all ears!

finti
just as many in the protestant denominations, North of Europe is protestant countries and they are witnessing huge drops in numbers

well if you do not consider them then the number of christians would drop by 50%

finti
your sister from your moms side? aint you from your moms side as well? I recon from your post that you dont share the same biological father but your mother is the same

vicki horvath
yup, that is correct! Don't like calling her "half-sister" sounds like half a person!

darktim1
The ozone layer was alot stronger back before god flooded the world they had more oxygen to breath back then so thats what prolonged their lives.Then when god flooded the world the foutains of the deep did something to the mud and caused it to be the way it is today.

King Burger
I guess that rime's different environment may have had
some effects.

But I still go with God activiely changing out life-spans.

finti
they had a stronger ozone layer 1000 years ago too yet they didnt live longer than we do today

debbiejo
The electro magnetic fieldl was stronger then too...It's been getting weaker every year, so they say..

But I think it was more like a greenhouse where everything grew bigger.

King Burger
Well, the age's dropped pretty quickly if I'm not mistaken?

I think the divine explanation is best. Nice, clean, and no
messy residue.

Tex
Divine explanation?no Fantastical creation!yes

debbiejo
Maybe people really exaggerated and they never lived that long...

King Burger
Or that too.

Tex
Or maybe the bible's crap.

King Burger
You mean like the stuff in your brain?

Naaaaah, there is spiritual truth in it that has inspired many a lost
souls.

finti
spiritual faith not truth.

After the biblical flood story the humans lived shorter so that the solitaire/ patience of the family chain of the biblical persons could add up. Or just the fact they ran out of ideas when creating the stories going backwards into the biblical stories and said f*uck it let them get to be real old and save us the hazzle of making up many more stories

clickclick
Water canopy that supposedly protected them from radiation from the sun better.

Darth Odious
Originally posted by vicki horvath
I appreciate your viewpoint,. I do believe you are wrong about the number of Christians declining, there are 2,00 Christians in an underground church in Iraq, Christianity has hit China, we have a missionary on the way to a country where there has never been one. Christianity is growing, I just believe it is not being talked about because we are becoming such a Godless society! I guess it really boils down to who you talk to. Also as a Born Again Christian, THE Lord has opened my eyes and I understand The bible more than i usd too, so I can see how all the major and minor prophets tie in. I do not claim to know even one quarter of everything, but have an open mind and am willing to learn, and even believe certain things with REAL PROOF, not the garbage the media feeds s! Sorr I seem to have gone off track, just cannot seem to stop! have a great dy! I really enjoy debating with all of you! smile 200 is not very much.

Darth Odious
Originally posted by vicki horvath
I think I worded it wrong, I am talking about true Apostolic Christians, not various religions, I do not believe in any "religion", and I bet a lot of decline is in the Catholic Church, which I do not consider to be a true Christian Church. They say if a tree bears rotton fruit it is all rotton, and I see nothing more rotton than molesting young children! I guess it is safe to say noone knows anything for sure! It is cool to be talking to someone from Norwa, my sister from my Moms side is one half norwegian from her Dad. Anyway, anything else you have tosay, I am all ears! You think only the Catholic molest kids? Christians have been doing it for decades as sure the Aposlolickens have been doing even longer.

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Here's an interesting observation.

According to the Bible, the average age people lived, before the flood was 800 to 900 years old. After the flood there was a sharp decline of around 350 years of age. Since then of course we live less and less longer, untill now the average age is around 65 to 80 years old..

The Big questions is what happened that would cause such a drop in age from before the flood to after the flood?
"My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be 120 years." (Similar to that.)

Don't start yelling at me for reposting something or not making sense; I just am firing off a quick post before working on my Spanish.

PrinceofBlades
Hehehe, I speak spanish

debbiejo
Qein es su bano?

PrinceofBlades
Vamos a correjir tus errores gramaticos. Primero, es Qien. Bano debe tener una symbolo sobre el n. Pero la respuesta al pregunta no te lo puedo dare. No es porque usted no es latina, pero no se lo que preguntas.

finti

debbiejo
OK...it that real? ^ At first I thought it was saying ja ja binx...lol

OK It's been awhile since I took spanish, so how did you answer my question Prince?? All I know of what you said was we all are going to do something with a bathroom?

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
Vamos a correjir tus errores gramaticos. Primero, es Qien. Bano debe tener una symbolo sobre el n. Pero la respuesta al pregunta no te lo puedo dare. No es porque usted no es latina, pero no se lo que preguntas.

I said, "First let's correct your grammatical errors. First the 'who' should be spelled with the i before the e. The bathroom should have a tilde of top of it to give it proper sound. And I can not asnwer your question, since I don't know what you are asking."

Your Translation came out like this-"who is your bathroom?". I would assume you ment, "where is your bathroom?" where the answer would be, "right outside my room. "Aqui afuera de mi cuarto."

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Thanks...Who is your bathroom....

PrinceofBlades
I know.

Darth Odious
Originally posted by debbiejo
Qein es su bano? Pantelones Telemundo!

PrinceofBlades
Hey Telemudo is a spaich channel eek!

PrinceofBlades
*spanish

debbiejo
Es su madre en la casa? Me madre is loco in la cobasa.

King Burger
Nose hablees espanolias.

debbiejo
Hasta manana me amigo King Burger.

Finti...es loco en la bano.

Prince..Me habla espanol poco.

Would I survive in Mexico??? Sure...Mind over matter, or lots of hand signals..

finti
guess survival in Mexico is the least of your worries evil face .........and there is only one hand signal that comes to mind actually devil

debbiejo
So, you are crazy in the bathroom?

finti
well I end all my showers cold, so some may say that I am crazy in hte bathroom

PrinceofBlades
In more ways than one, right? LOL`

CaraMarie
This is a reply to a post a few back that stated that the Catholic Church is not a true form of Christianity. UM? Excuse Me??? Read the Bible. Chritianity is a form of Catholosism. The Catholic Church was the Original Christian Church, which all of the other Christian Church's branched off of. I understand that there has been some molestation in the church, but that does not make the entire church bad. Because of a few Preists, you assume the entire church is bad? And now it can't be considered Christian? That is ignorant. Hey, a babtist preacher in my county was just arrested for raping little boys. I guess if we go by your way of thinking--- the Babtist Church is no longer a true form of Christianity, right???

finti
you better check up on your history, the so called christ had followers long before the roman catholich church was founded. And followers of this so called christ is what christians are, no more no less. It is the simplest of definitions of a christian even so it is the right one. But christians and christianity is older than the catholic church so the catholic churc cant be the original christian church, it just was the christian church that was left when the dust settled

Falconer
People lived longer before the flood because science shows that if that much rain fell the oxygen level would drop. Before the flood the air had 30% oxygen, after 20% (In the chicago industrial area -20%). With that much oxygen the bodie would surely live longer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.