Dragon Man V's The Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
This is inspired by the current round of the Tournament

Dragon Man is stronger but Vision is smarter and can avoid his attacks by becoming intangible.... can either beat the other convincingly?

Scoobless
http://www.geocities.com/turkmarvel/kahramanlar/vision.jpg V's http://www.samruby.com/Villains/DragonMan/DragonMan2.gif

Khellendros
laughing laughing

Yeah, Dragon Man probably can't get a decisive win against Vision, but there are also very few things Vision could do to hurt DM either.

ArekExcelsior2
Strikes me that the Dragon Man/Vision part of the fight is sort of irrelevant. Dragon Man is a cruise missile for your team, that's it.

I think Dragon Man would win attrition-wise, but that's not important in this tourney, when you're relying on Black Bolt to be your sniper rifle.

Scoobless
how about a few ideas on how either of them might win this???

Scoobless
Originally posted by ArekExcelsior2
Strikes me that the Dragon Man/Vision part of the fight is sort of irrelevant. Dragon Man is a cruise missile for your team, that's it.

I think Dragon Man would win attrition-wise, but that's not important in this tourney, when you're relying on Black Bolt to be your sniper rifle.

I know i said this was inspired by the tourny, but i also want to know what would happen if it were just these two fighting..... just out of curiosity.... any ideas?

ArekExcelsior2
By attrition, I mean "Give them 24 hours, Vision makes a mistake and gets clobbered, phasing shorts out, downhill from there."

Scoobless
Vision is way less likely to make a mistake than DM........ DM has the IQ of a small child...... give them 24 hours and Vision will have used the environment to take him out

ArekExcelsior2
Only problem is that, if Dragon makes a mistake, he has Class 100 strength to mop up the hits. If Vision makes a mistake, he eats Class 100.

It's odd to me that Dragon Man is so hugely strong, yet the rest of his abilities suck. 30 mph flight?! What the crap is that?

Scoobless
it gets him where he's going though....... if somewhat slowly........ i think the fact that he's so stupid will give Vision enough edge to beat him

Draco69
Didn't Spider-Man beat him once?

Scoobless
Spider-Man has fought Dragon Man a few times......... he's never beaten him as in knocked him out but he always "wins" their encounters

ArekExcelsior2
Actually, looking again at Vision's powers: Partially merging, density meteoring, or blasting makes it a lot harder to decide. It primarily depends on the environment and how long Vision can keep intangible and evading the destruction Dragon Man's gonna throw at him.

Scoobless
Vision can stay intangible indefinitely....... maybe he could use the old fly high and drop at full density trick on top of DM repeatedly

ArekExcelsior2
I actually don't know the canon as far as him staying intangible indefinitely. Further, even if he's gaseous, he's still physical. That means he can still be disintegrated by a flame blast.

Scoobless
he isn't gaseous so much as phased....... or else he wouldn't be able to pass through walls and stuff like he does

ArekExcelsior2
Right, he's PHASED, but he still exists in the physical plane - that is, he has only lowered his density, not astrally or ethereally traveled. That means he still has molecules, which in turn means he's vulnerable to heat.

Scoobless
well energy blasts of multiple varieties pass through him on a regular basis (or they did before his recent dismemberment) i don't have any specific cases of heat passing through him to quote ........ anyone???

ArekExcelsior2
I'd personally argue that that's fairly silly, since his power is only density control, but a regular energy blast is not heat as intense as Dragon Man is blasting, nor does it have the molecular agitation properties.

Scoobless
hmmmm...... i'd rather go by what his reaction has been in the past to flame attack........ it must have happened sometime

Scoobless
although the vision was built out of the old human torch wasn't he?....... he may be resistant to flame attack

Scoobless
Originally posted by ArekExcelsior2
Right, he's PHASED, but he still exists in the physical plane - that is, he has only lowered his density, not astrally or ethereally traveled. That means he still has molecules, which in turn means he's vulnerable to heat.

i just bought Avengers "Once An Invader" TPB and there's an old story at the back where Vision fights with the original Torch..... Torch passes straight through him without harming him..... then Vision takes him out with the density alteration trick

DigiMark007
This thread is the most interesting monologue I've seen on KMC. laughing out loud

-DM

Scoobless
thankyou

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.