Captain Planet vs. Elric of Melnibone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArekExcelsior2
A brooding Goth or a silly Ted Turner propaganda creation? We can't lose!

Cosmic Cube
Captain Planet. He's a hero, and he would take pollution down to zero. He's our powers magnified, and he's fighting on the planet's side.

ArekExcelsior2
It's a bit hard to do that when your soul is being swallowed by the deus ex machina we call Stormbringer.

Cosmic Cube
Captain Planet doesn't have a soul. He's our powers magnified, and he's fighting on the planet's side...

ArekExcelsior2
Yeah. Except he's actually a dude with a disgusting mullet in odd tights who's summoned by some rings. If Stormbringer doesn't do it (and Stormbringer's beaten plenty of supernatural things before), then Elric's magic sure as heck does. He could friggin craft those evil rings of pollution on his own.

Kento
Well as long as he doesn't get some kinda pollution on him Captain Planet is invincible.

Cosmic Cube
And Captain Planet, being that he is a hero, would take these "evil pollution rings" down to zero as well.

ArekExcelsior2
Yeah. Except that the pollution rings generated an evil Captain Planet that pretty much ruled P's world for some time. Add on any kind of sealing, darkness or corruption spells and the fact that Stormbringer can incarnate into a being of unknown strength and we have a Goth win at something. How novel.

Remember that Elric destroyed and recreated the world at one point. Yes, I'm aware it killed him. He fought the forces of Chaos, and can summon a demon king at will. I don't think Mr. I'm An Environmentalist, I Think I'll Just Move This Trash Out Of The Range of the Cameras can handle all that magic.

Kento
Yea Captain Pollution. Pollution being the keyword. ^^; Only part of the show I like about it is Cap Planet. I mean sure he can probably be weakened by throwing a banana skin or a candy wrapper on him but whats the odds something that small'll happen?

ArekExcelsior2
Considering Elric? About one to one.

Cosmic Cube
Banana skins are biodegradeable. They'd energize Cap.

Kento
*laughs* Well then just cover him in trash, and the fights won.

ArekExcelsior2
Elric can always use the patented Goth technique: brood his opponent to death. I think it'd work.

"Come on, sir, don't you love the environment?" "I love nothing."

Kento
Or Captain Planet would slap him around for not loving his planet.

Cosmic Cube
I hate to admit it, but I have no idea of what you're talking about, Arek. I haven't since the start of this thread. Up until now, I have just been quoting Captain Planet's theme song. I don't know who Elric is, or anyone else for that matter.

ArekExcelsior2
Elric is from a series written by Michael Moorcock. He's basically supposed to be the anti-Conan. I figured you didn't know much about it.

Cosmic Cube
No, I don't.

Kento
^^; I don't either. I just think Captain Planet can kick anybody's butt as long as no pollution is around.

Cosmic Cube
lol. He is a hero...

Kento
He is the only reason I ever watched that dumb show. Man I hate that show but Planet was cool.

ArekExcelsior2
I dunno. As far as actual powers, he does have decent elemental and pseudo-holy ability.

Bear in mind that there's a good chance Captain Planet could use flight and elemental power and catch Elric off guard. But then Stormbringer kills. That's really the way Elric wins any fight: his sword rules. What a wuss.

Cosmic Cube
What's your favorite ring?

ArekExcelsior2
I dunno. I'm always partial to wind and lightning abilities, but I love how the flame kid could literally melt the ground below someone and trap them in molten (whatever: concrete/metal/dirt/etc.)... WITHOUT KILLING THEM.

Cosmic Cube
The african kid's ring was cool, and I liked the chinese girl's ring too.

"Heart!" Hah.

Kento
I think Fire was the coolest element..Though doesn't fire destroy the enviroment also??

ArekExcelsior2
Yeah, but occasional fires are necessary to clear out underbrush, recycle some nutrients, give some smaller plants a chance, etc.

Kento
o..that might explain why it works now.

chilled monkey
I'd say Captain Planet. He is a manifestation of the earth after all, so he's very powerful.

Cosmic Cube
Captain Planet, he's a hero, gonna take pollution down to zero! He's our powers magnified, and he's fighting on the planet's side!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.