Mantis VS. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Mantis VS. The Bats... Hand to Hand combat. Who wins? Oh, here are the Mantis's stats:

Can the Bats handle her?

spetznaz
Originally posted by Sentry
Mantis VS. The Bats... Hand to Hand combat. Who wins? Oh, here are the Mantis's stats:

Can the Bats handle her?

...her agility was as great as any woman without superpowers could achieve.

So she has human agility, and not only that but the maximum a human female can achieve. Hmmm, ok. But Batman has faced people with maximum human agility (looking at females Catwoman) and meta-agility (looking at females Harlequin whe she was made a low-level meta). Mantis' agility will not be anything new.

Mantis had extraordinary ability in the martial art

She also has amazing skills in martial arts. Ok. So does every freaking person who has been to the Batcave (apart from dear Mr Pennyworth, and maybe even he can trade a crescent kick or two). And Batman himself is considered the highest master in 127 fighting arts.

These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents

She also knows about pressure points and whatnot. Interesting. But Batman knows more about pressure points than even Lady Shiva (Shiva knows all the killing points since that is her concentration,but Batman knows both the killing and the immobilization moves. So much that he even tricked Shiva herself into believing what was actually a numbing strike was a killing strike. Batman is actually a better exponent of Shiva's patented 'leopard strike' since while she can only use it to kill he can use it both to kill or to stun. And the leopard strike is where Shiva drives her fingers into someone's brain through their skull). Anyways, Batman uses pressure point attacks 24/7. He even used them against Solomon Grundy!

.... no superhuman strength....

No stronger than a human female, meaning she relies on her great skills. Cool! But Batman has strength almost at the max of a human male, and he also has crazy skills.

...ability to communicate with all plant life.....and then recreate her body from the indigenous plant life.

And she can talk to flowers and recreate her body from grass. Ok. Well, I'd bet Poison Ivy can do all of these things better, and is several factors more lethal!

Mantis versus Batman? Who would win?
Hmmmm, let me think .....done!
Batman!
Simple.

p.s: This was at least a good thread. At least you did not try to match Sentry (yawn) against Big Barda (after frothingly ranting how Sentry is 'unbeatable'), or saying that the Martian Manhunter is a second string JLAer!

demigawd
Actually, I give this one to Mantis. Batman does impressive things when he's with the JLA or when he's fighting Superman. But his average is to fight street punks, like dudes in clown costumes. Mantis operates on a cosmic level. She's paralyzed people like Thor and Thanos. She's basically Marvel's version of Karate Kid.

If Batman couldn't beat Shiva or Batgirl, ain't no way he's taking down Shiva. She's arguably the best martial artist in the MU.

Sentry
Originally posted by spetznaz

And she can talk to flowers and recreate her body from grass. Ok. Well, I'd bet Poison Ivy can do all of these things better, and is several factors more lethal!

Batman!
Simple.

p.s: This was at least a good thread. At least you did not try to match Sentry (yawn) against Big Barda (after frothingly ranting how Sentry is 'unbeatable'), or saying that the Martian Manhunter is a second string JLAer!

Poison Ivy more powerful than her? My a$$. Can Ivy turn herself into energy, and beam her way to another planet with plants? No. Will Ivy's kids be born with enough power to save the Celestials? No. Do I think talking to plants is as dumb as talking to fish? Yes. You need to read up on Silver Surfer comics.

Martian Manhunter isn't a second string JLAer. Aquaman is.

Sentry
Oh, btw, Mantis beats the Bats in hand to hand combat. If Bats has belt, then he'd probably win.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by spetznaz

Batman!
Simple.

Who says men are more agile than women? I'll bet Mantis is several times more agile than Batman.

Batman and Mantis are evenly matched in fighting ability, but her agility would make her his superior. Mantis works solely on pressure points. Batman does not. He often simply punches thugs in the face. I highly doubt Batman knows more about pressure points. Mantis has stunned the Juggernaut. Don't try comparing Grundy's durability to Juggy's; it's no contest. Also, Batman's strength is not "peak human," he only can lift about twice his body weight.

Your statement about Poison Ivy is fairly ridiculous. Poison Ivy has no such abilities. She is certainly not as powerful as Mantis.

If Mantis is the transformed Celestial, I don't nerstand why this thread was created.

Sentry
She was human. I set the match up as a hand to hand fight. Other than talking and controlling plants, ummmm and teleporting to other planets with plants, she pretty much is human, with no other super powers. She's just a bad a$$ when it comes to fighting.

stormfront13
there is no way bats is beating mantis- she can take him out fairly easily

Mider
I think Her fighting abilities are WAYYYYYY above Batmans Stunning Thor, Juggs, and Thanos.......give me a break Batman goes down fast and hard.

Dizzle
Those are still only because of pressure point knowledge, against fighters of lesser capailities... Bats is skilled enough to know how to block and dodge pressure point strikes, he fights people like Lady Shiva. His strength is definitely not only twice his weight. He's listed at peak human.

Gimme proof that peak agility for women is better than peak agility for men.

Batman is not supposed to be taken at his "normal" showing of fighting skill. Take the Batman who fights Shiva, not the one who fights Joker's thugs. No one is written to the best of their ability all of the time.

For all intents and purposes of this thread, I'd give Batman a big strength advantage and Mantis a slight agility advantage, with equal fighting skills. I'm goin 50/50 for victories.

long pig
yeah....Celestial Modonna gets beat by a man in a bat suit....haha sure, she's basically a female SwampThing/bruce lee.

But yeah, she's above Bat's in every way....he couldn't defeat her...ever.
No friggin way in hell.

long pig
Thousands of years of experience!
Batman has no chance here people.

Cosmic Cube
No chance whatsoever.

Dizzle
Mantis ain't Swamp Thing. Swamp Thing's a freaking pimp.

Seriously, if you put it like that, you can say anyone wins.

The Dark Knight, defender of the innocent, scourge of the wicked, vengeance, the night, and one badass martial artist, against some random broad who can talk to plants.

Batman takes it, 10,000/10,000...

Dizzle
Originally posted by long pig
Thousands of years of experience!
Batman has no chance here people.

He beat the crap out of Rha's Al Ghul...

long pig
Dude....CELESTIAL MODONNA. The friggin end.

long pig
Tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't she play a massive role in fighting The Elders of the Universe???
Along with Silver Surfer.

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't she play a massive role in fighting The Elders of the Universe???
Along with Silver Surfer.

Yep. She did her part but was killed. She probably transfered her life force to another planet with plants just before she died.

long pig
I think you made the thread meaning before she got her newer powers.
Where she just was an INSANE martial artist? right?

That'd be a better fight. Batman would still lose.

Dizzle
Because her title is Celestial Modonna, does that make her a Celestial or somethin? I was quite under the impression that Mantis was a peak-human agility character with extensive pressure point knowledge and an affinity with plants that would be useless in H2H combat.

THE DARK FREAKING KNIGHT!!!

long pig
Mantis was just peak human with awesome fighting skills, she joined the Avengers.
Then she was attacked by khan and yadda yadda come to find out she was Celestial Modonna, who would bare the Celestial Messiah.
Then she had sex with a tree, who took the form of a soldier....

She's cosmic now.

Sentry
Won't showing him his own face kill him too though?

Sentry
oops. Posted in wrong thread.

Wynndar
Stop being Batman fanboys...Mantis fights far more impressive enemies than Batman. And people r totally misunderstanding the "talking to plants" thing...she talks to cosmic level plants that are some of the most powerful and evolved beings in the MU. She has a kid with one actually. Batman is an expert in human martial arts and pressure points. Mantis' knowledge of martial arts transcends earthly forms, she can put a hurting on heralds and mystics and Thanos... Batman isnt on that level. Mantis doenst fight street thugs...she doesnt even fight earthly metahumans...basically she fights uber powerful types across the cosmos. If u dont know anything about her dont immediately side with Batman just cuz ur in love with him.

Cosmic Cube
lmao laughing

Cosmic Plants...

seaapple
No way Batman wins. That is simply silly. Mantis stunned Thor. Would Thor even feel a hit from Batman. Mantis can remake her body, which she has complete control over.

Batman is a cool character, no doubt. He is vengeful and tough.

But he is an urban, earthly character. Not a character who makes intergalactic travels and learns martial arts that have been perfected over *thousands* of years. She can also use Batman's emotional state against him and feel what he is trying to do.

It is no knock to Batman's manhood that Mantis beats him. No matter how you dissect the description of her powers and no matter how long your post is Batman cannot beat Mantis.

batman2505
There is no freaken way batman can "never" lose to a girl!!!!!!!

P.S batman fights dirty shifty

Grimm22
Yeah, Bats is not the best hand to hand fighter thats for sure. He's good, dont get me wrong, he's definitly up there in the top 3.

Of course he did get his ass kicked in the last issue of JLA: Classified.

Grimm22
Originally posted by batman2505
There is no freaken way batman can "never" lose to a girl!!!!!!!

P.S batman fights dirty shifty

Batman uses his super pimp powers to overwhelme any female.

Except Wonder Woman

laughing laughing

S.S
What the f**k?
Bats gets curbstomped 10/10

The Fake Macoy
What part of "Marvel's Karate Kid" and "stuns thor, thanos" do some of you fail to understand? There is NO WAY that Batman could win this.

MrHeavySilence
Mantis stunning Thor/Thanos has nothing to do with Batman. Bruce doesn't have an archetypal personality and he's sure as hell not going to be taken out by pressure points- he uses pressure points and acupuncture techniques all the time. And since Mantis pretty much specializes in pressure points/nerve coordination, Batman is going to win, because his skills are much more diverse. Bruce stuns Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy with nerve techniques, that's about the same amount of PIS for Mantis-type accomplishments. Not to mention, Batman has a belt with all kinds of weapons that Mantis doesn't have: Explosive/Electric Batarangs, Fear Gas, Grappling Guns, Laser Torches, Gauntlet Knives, etc. Mantis doesn't automatically have a win just because she's travelled parts of the Universe. Hell, she's not any better than Swordsman. Thousands of years of experience does not constitute a victory either: Quality over Quantity. Thanos is over thousands of years old, yet he succumbed to a weak pressure point offense? That tells you a lot about how much a difference "time" makes. And if she's gonna get some plant to help her, then Batman whips out defoliant. And Mantis doesn't have superhuman speed, its just peak human speed.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
What part of "Marvel's Karate Kid" and "stuns thor, thanos" do some of you fail to understand? There is NO WAY that Batman could win this.

She is NOT Karate Kid.

golem370
Moondragon went toe to toe with Mantis and held her own.

lifeisaglich
Can someone please answer me this question.

Mantis stunning thor and thanos, was it before or after she became a comic being?

illadelph12
This is actually a thread? What the f**k?

tjizz350
I got no idea why this thread was made. Even in h2h batman still looses I do respect batman but putting him against someone like mantis is a huge mismatch. For the people who don't understand mantis does more than communicate with plants. She has many abilities like pre-cog and she can go into an astral form. She also has empathy and telepathy and complete control over her nervous system so she can ignore pain while fighting. She also has a healing factor where she can heal with a mere thought and she does have a good durability as well. She can regenerate as well. Her martial arts skills are insane like someone said earlier she is on the level of karate kid where she can beat superhumans with her fighting skills alone so I doubt even in h2h batman will win he is still outclassed if he can't beat karate kid he surely won't beat her. Moondragon holding her own isn't a good example either Moondragon is a freaking beast as well with her skill she can also take batman out. What she can do with her telepathy is crazy she control the minds of an entire civilization. Mantis is one of those characters like midnighter they are as close to impossible to defeat as you can get.

tjizz350
Also if I remember correctly she stunned Thor before she became cosmic even if I'm wrong it was still pure skill so it doesn't really matter.

cdtm
Mantis is basically Marvels version of Val Armorr.. O_o

Turn on PIS, and Batman has a chance, maybe...

cdtm
Originally posted by MF DELPH
This is actually a thread? What the f**k?

Yeah, no kidding. Anyone who can stagger Obliterator and KO Thor is waaaay beyond Bats weight class.

cdtm
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
She is NOT Karate Kid.

She's not, but she's close.

Her strikings up there, but she lacks in speed feats.. Tripping runner is good, just not enough to match Val's history of feats..

But she's still plenty faster than Batman. The girl did run across a field to tackle Strange out of the way of buckshot, after the gun was fired.

rougeredmage
Mantis is so going to win this if i remember riight she is a pre cog that helps her alot especially combined with her martial arts

Q99
I want to point out this thread is 6 years old...

the ninjak
Mantis wins.

basilisk
Come on even Champion defeated Mantis. Champion! The really dumb guy who gets beaten by everybody.

tjizz350
Yes she is on Val's level I even saw a thread in comicvine where they said she would win if they fought and that site is full of DC fans. He has better speed feats than her I will admit that but he still isn't so fast that she can't handle him.

tjizz350
Either way it goes Val has nothing to do with this we are talking about batman. The only thing batman is winning is a popularity contest here.

Black bolt z
Mantis

Blight
I love that the person who bumped this thread is scoffing at the mere notion that the thread exists in the first place..

tjizz350
Originally posted by Blight
I love that the person who bumped this thread is scoffing at the mere notion that the thread exists in the first place..

LOL

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by tjizz350
Originally posted by Blight

LOL

Don't you see? He needed to bump an inactive six year old thread to reaffirm that Mantis would roll Batman up like carpet, like... in case we forgot and junk.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m868bv0ted1rcmfyeo1_500.png

Bouboumaster
Mantis stomp

tkitna
Originally posted by basilisk
Come on even Champion defeated Mantis. Champion! The really dumb guy who gets beaten by everybody.

So Batman can beat Champion?

tjizz350
Yes I did bump this thread because I was surprised to see it and not only that but surprised at people saying Batman would win. Even the reasons they are using don't make since. Mainly its because they just don't have enough knowledge about Mantis and mainly because they are fanboys. Which is understandable but at least learn more about a character and all their abilities before you comment. Also I am new here so I wasn't a member when this thread was made.

basilisk
Originally posted by tkitna
So Batman can beat Champion? These days seems like anyone can beat or outsmart Champion. Batman would just outsmart him to get the win in some way. Would probably end with Champion KOing himself somehow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.