Fantasy Baseball 2005!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
Just startin a thread so we dont clutter the MLB offseason thread

hey guys i started a league on espns free baseball fantasy challenge figured i could get some KMC people to join it.. the name is KMC!

Group name: KMC!

Helpful links:

Create a new account:
https://r.espn.go.com/espn/fantasy/...m/bbc/frontpage

Already have an entry?
Join your friend's group:
http://games.espn.go.com/bbc/groupi...;password=null.

Baseball Challenge 2005
http://games.espn.go.com/bbc/group?groupID=22099

weve got like 4 people so far!

Shaolin Monk
I'll join as soon as I quit getting these "EntryErrorString" errors

forumcrew
Originally posted by Shaolin Monk
I'll join as soon as I quit getting these "EntryErrorString" errors

thats cool we have 4 so far.. hopefully some more people join up!..

im UMBC Mariner on it.

forumcrew
Heres my lineup to start the year

C Johnny Estrada, Atl
1B Albert Pujols, StL
2B Brian Roberts, Bal
3B Chipper Jones, Atl
SS Jack Wilson, Pit
LF Adam Dunn, Cin
CF Jeremy Reed, Sea
RF Ichiro, Sea
DH Jeff Conine, Fla
PS Braves

Dr. Strangelove
C Joe Mauer

1B Scott Hatteberg

2B Junior Spivey

3B Mike Lowell

SS Edgar Renteria

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Ken Griffey Jr

RF Gary Sheffield

DH Erubiel Durazo

Staff: Giants

It's on bitches pirate

Shaolin Monk
Well I dunno wtf the prob is

When i try to create my entry info, it keeps saying "createEntryErrorString", no matter what I put sad

Dr. Strangelove
Have you created an account?

Shaolin Monk
yeah, I did...finally got it to work...dunno why it worked now cause I kept puttin in the same info (Shaolin Monks) and on the 13th try tonight, it worked...so i'm puttin my team together now smile

Shaolin Monk
C - Johnny Estrada, ATL
1B - Todd Helton, COL
2B - Marcus Giles, ATL
3B - David Wright, NYM
SS - Khalil Greene, SD
LF - Randy Winn, SEA
CF - Andruw Jones, ATL
RF - Larry Walker, STL
DH - Daryle Ward, PIT

Pitching Staff - Braves of course

I've never once done this Fantasy stuff. Never end up really doing it whenever I've signed up, so this will all be very interesting for me stick out tongue

forumcrew
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Ken Griffey Jr

RF Gary Sheffield

It's on bitches pirate

nice outfield..

DanZeke25
C Jason Larue
1b Albert Pujols
2b Luis Rivas
3b Edgardo Elfonzo
SS BJ Upton
LF Scott Podsednik
CF Carlos Beltran
RF Vladimir Guerrero
DH David Ortiz
SP Braves

Smasandian
C Joe Mauer
1b Todd Helton
2b Tony Womack
3b Scott Rolen
SS Ceser Ituzers
LF Shannon Stewart
CF Vernon Wells
RF Jason Bay
DH Shea Hillenbrand
Sp Twins

Doesnt anybody find that ESPN interfaces sucks balls?
Its soo much easier with Sportingnews.com

Dr. Strangelove
C - Johnny Estrada, ATL
1B - Todd Helton, COL
2B - Marcus Giles, ATL
3B - David Wright, NYM
SS - Khalil Greene, SD
LF - Randy Winn, SEA
CF - Andruw Jones, ATL
RF - Larry Walker, STL
DH - Daryle Ward, PIT

Pitching Staff - Braves of course

I've never once done this Fantasy stuff. Never end up really doing it whenever I've signed up, so this will all be very interesting for me stick out tongue

This is the first time I've ever done any of this fantasy too, so I have no idea how good I'm going to do.

Originally posted by forumcrew
nice outfield..

Thanks, Griffey was on the cheap and I might as well get him before he has his annual season ending injury.

DanZeke25
This is the first time I've ever done any of this fantasy too, so I have no idea how good I'm going to do.

me too

forumcrew
me too!.. and boy the braves pitching staff didnt turn out to be a good start for me

forumcrew
i think the tricks gonna be who puts enough time into changing their team often to get the best match ups mainly with pitching.. because i think you can actually lose points with your pitchers which means ATL is gonna kill me today!

hopefully a few more people sign up now that the season is going!

forumcrew
im making horrible decisions.. i droped brian roberts before the NY series and hes been lighting them up! ive droped several other players at the wrong times too it gets real annoying..

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by forumcrew
i think the tricks gonna be who puts enough time into changing their team often to get the best match ups mainly with pitching.. because i think you can actually lose points with your pitchers which means ATL is gonna kill me today!

hopefully a few more people sign up now that the season is going!

I'm going to be leaving for Europe in June for five weeks, so I guess I will have last place all wrapped up. stick out tongue

Shaolin Monk
I dunno doc, that could be good. If you play your cards right, you could pick some players that streak while you are gone. Wish I was heading to Europe!

Man, I was in Sacramento on Saturday, I had to drive the whole 2 hours there to pick up a birthday cake for my girlfriends bday today lol. I shoulda drove through the streets honking like last fall, when I picked up buddies and went to LA stick out tongue big grin

forumcrew
2 hours for a cake? i hope shes hot.. lol and yea not changing your team could be ok because ive definantly droped guys and had them go perform well.. the only problem will be people not playing as many games or someone getting hurt.. but maybe then you can join me and shaolin for the battle for last

DanZeke25
Changed BJ Upton to J Roll, and Podsendnik to Burrell(for now) I guess Burrell decided to play this year. We expected him to do this the last couple years.

Dr. Strangelove
I dunno doc, that could be good. If you play your cards right, you could pick some players that streak while you are gone. Wish I was heading to Europe!

Man, I was in Sacramento on Saturday, I had to drive the whole 2 hours there to pick up a birthday cake for my girlfriends bday today lol. I shoulda drove through the streets honking like last fall, when I picked up buddies and went to LA stick out tongue big grin

he he, I can only hope.

I'm kinda looking forward to the trip. On one hand I get to go back to England which was awesome the first time I was there, I get to go back to Paris which has some of the hottest women I've ever seen and the food is top notch, and I get to go to Italy which I've never been to. On the other hand, as much as I love my parents, lets just say we don't see eye to eye on what is a fun and interesting time as what they consider fun and interesting I consider a waste of time. I hope they don't read this ninja

Happy bday to your girlfriend, you better have given her something good. stick out tongue

Was the cake from the Freeport Bakery?

Shaolin Monk
yes, it was from the Freeport Bakery, she says "thanks for the happy birthday even though she doesn't know you" (lol), and yes I gave her a few good things wink

I guess she had had cake from there before, because her mom made the suggestion to me, and she's definitely worth it.

lol forumcrew...yes, I find her to be very beautiful

man, I'm so jealous doc. I wish I could go to Europe. Never been sad

here is my current team:

C - Johnny Estrada
1B - Carlos Delgado
2B - Aaron Miles
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Khalil Greene
LF - Luis Gonzalez
CF - Andruw Jones
RF - Vladimir Guerrero
DH - Xavier Nady

forumcrew
im makin my comeback with top score mon an tues lets hope i can continue today.

tomorrow is a pretty big off day finding a PS is rough tryin to decide between seattle (only cause they have moyer) and the white sox

forumcrew
oh yea lowest 1st round and im killin all you in the 2nd!

Dr. Strangelove
yes, it was from the Freeport Bakery, she says "thanks for the happy birthday even though she doesn't know you" (lol), and yes I gave her a few good things wink

I guess she had had cake from there before, because her mom made the suggestion to me, and she's definitely worth it.

lol forumcrew...yes, I find her to be very beautiful

man, I'm so jealous doc. I wish I could go to Europe. Never been sad

here is my current team:

C - Johnny Estrada
1B - Carlos Delgado
2B - Aaron Miles
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Khalil Greene
LF - Luis Gonzalez
CF - Andruw Jones
RF - Vladimir Guerrero
DH - Xavier Nady

Good man, good man.

Your girlfriend's mom has good taste. The Freeport Bakery is the best bakery is Sac. If you ever go back you must try their chocolate chip cookies, best cookies EVER.

By the way, the Freeport Bakery is a couple of blocks from Dr. Strangelove's palace, just so you know. cool

I really need to change my team as it just isn't working out. laughing out loud

forumcrew
how often do you guys change up your roster?

this is who i have going today.. luckily ive had a couple of them before their values went up so ive been able to keep that at a cheeper rate.. only wish i hadnt droped brain roberts for a game right before he jumped up

C Javy Lopez, Bal
1B Richie Sexson, Sea
2B Brian Roberts, Bal
3B Joe Randa, Cin
SS Alex Gonzalez D, Fla
LF Pat Burrell, Phi
CF Torii Hunter, Min
RF Ichiro, Sea
DH Dmitri Young, Det
PS Marlins

Smasandian
Ive just changed mine for the first time.

forumcrew
oh wow.. thats how i started cleaning up here in week 2 i was adjusting it day to day getting the best matchups in

this is what it looks like for saturday:

C Jason Varitek, Bos (droped javy lopez)
1B Richie Sexson, Sea
2B Brian Roberts, Bal
3B Joe Randa, Cin
SS Edgar Renteria, Bos (droped alex gonzalez
LF Craig Biggio D, Hou (droped Pat burrell- cause hes goin against Smoltz!)
CF Johnny Damon D, Bos (droped torii hunter to give me a bigger boston lineup)
RF Ichiro, Sea
DH Dmitri Young, Det
PS Mets: Pedro Martinez (droped marlins because pedro owned the game last start)

*give you a little insight into my madness!

DanZeke25
I barely change mine

forumcrew
wow josh becket let me down! (got lucky he was only charged with 1ER) the marlins pitching had been insane.. and the mets ended up throwing a CG 1 hitter!

DanZeke25
My line-up for Monday

C Jason Phillips
1b Albert Pujols
2B Mark Ellis
3b Edgardo Elfonzo
SS Edgar Renteria
LF Manny Ramirez
RF Ichiro
CF Juan Pierre
DH David Ortiz
PS Red Sox

forumcrew
damnit working till 3am fri and sat i wasnt able to change anything for a few days and i ended up keeping the mets PS for sat and sun! and they are blowing today.. and i just figured out Riches Sexson hasnt played the last 2 days.. he leads the M's in HR and RBI's why isnt he playing.. not to mention hes on my team!

forumcrew
whos your guys MVP so far?

Mines Brian Roberts Ive used him for 10 games (i droped him temporarily for brett boone..)
but hes got me 62 points 6.2 per game which is awesome!

and the Marlins pitching staff ive used 3 times for 70 points.

also i just realised my team is actually at a payroll of 52.1 because ive kept guys who had their value jump up like brain roberts, richie sexson, and the marlins staff... ive had a few lucky pics also like i used trot nixon once and he put up 9 for me.

DanZeke25
well, i dont know, i had Manny right before he got hot, so probaly him, how do you check? i just picked up Brian Roberts a couple of days ago.

my team for tomorow
C Miguel Olivio( i dont care about catchers)
1b Albert Pujols
2b Brian Roberts
3b Edgardo Alfonzo(had him since the begining)
SS Miguel Tejada
LF Manny Rameriez
CF Jim Edmonds
RF Vladimir Guerrero
DH Xavier Nady
PS Giants Jason Schmidt

Oh yeah, and im in first place!

forumcrew
yea way to steal it from me sad i had a horrible first week though

when your looking at your roster.. click on Active it will show you everybody you have ever used and what they have done for you.

but man.. pujols, manny, tejada, edmonds, gurrero.. you got some big names on there..

for tomorrow ive got:
C Ivan Rodriguez
1B Richie Sexson
2B Brain Roberts
3B Joe Randa
SS Miguel Tejada
LF Pat Burrell
CF Milton Bradley
RF Jacque Jones
DH Shea Hillenbrand
PS Marlins (Al Leiter)

im hangin onto pat burrell and joe randa because i have them both at like .3 and .5 under their market value

Tonight the only difference is Joe Mauer at catcher and Torii Hunter at CF

forumcrew
OUCH!!

3 guys put up 0 for me on thursday, another didnt play.. the marlins got a big -19.. worked out to a nice -7 overall for me! oh yea!

Shaolin Monk
Good man, good man.

Your girlfriend's mom has good taste. The Freeport Bakery is the best bakery is Sac. If you ever go back you must try their chocolate chip cookies, best cookies EVER.

By the way, the Freeport Bakery is a couple of blocks from Dr. Strangelove's palace, just so you know. cool

I really need to change my team as it just isn't working out. laughing out loud

awesome...now I know where to drive at when I honk my horn, instead of random areas lol

Here's my current roster, and the same I've used most of this week:

C - Johnny Estrada
1B - Carlos Delgado
2B - Marcus Giles
3B - Chipper Jones
SS - Rafael Furcal
LF - Luis Gonzalez
CF - Milton Bradley
RF - Vladimir Guerrero
DH - Xavier Nady
PS - Braves

I need to get rid of Nady because he had a lil injury and isn't playing too well...but that means I'll have to get rid of one of my other guys, and I really don't want to.

Braves starting pitcher's have been incredible, too bad the pen hasn't been to good, and the offense has been slumping. Today looked good though, Hampton pitched 8.2 innings, braves won 6-2. Had to kick Andruw Jones off my team cause he was in an 0-21 slump.

DanZeke25
i hve a question, it says the the Angels have an off day tommorow, i have Vlad on my team, but he went up two points, if i take him off because he isnt playing, and then take him back, he will be two points higher wont he? if he is than im just leaving him there

forumcrew
yep that will cost you 2 points if you do that.. for a hitter i dont think its worth it.. I had to change the Marlins and thats gonna cost me +3 to get them back.. but pitchers can provide so many points.. ive left richie sexson on a bit because i had him 5 lower then his market value so i just went down a player some games

forumcrew
they adjusted the values and now my team has a market salary of 53.1 but luckily i have it locked in at 50 even.. although like half of that is brian roberts

forumcrew
wow so wednesday i had 4 players not play because of rain, then thursday my entire roster was off for the day.. whoops!

DanZeke25
lol^^ yeah one day i had Manny, Tejada, and Roberts not play because of rain, and my whole roster was off too so i had to make some big changes

forumcrew
were pullin away from the pack dan.. i havnt changed my team in forever been to buys, but b/c of value adjustments the market value of my team 61.1 lol so i guess ive got a sweet team

DanZeke25
Yeah i know... and whos pitching for the White Sox today? becuase i picked Burhle or however you spell it and i forgot to change it yesterday...

forumcrew
i dunno ive had the white sox for about a week now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.