Is Grievous dying in Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Ok, so I read from spoilers on MF.com that Grievous is wounded somehow during the opening space battle forcing him to escape. I also read from one of the Lucasfilm guys that Grievous hacks and weezes when he talks.
In the Clone Wars cartoon, he talks in a confident normal voice, until tonite's finale when Mace Windu crushed the bottom part of his thoracic cavity, making him weeze like crazy.

so is it possible that over the course of epidose III, grievous is bleeding internally and dying?

Jedi Priestess
in a word.................no

NoMeN
im afraid not stick out tongue

Darth Jello
no, i know obi-wan kills him, i just don't think it sounds like the general is in the best of health over the course of the film.

stefaan
No, he just coughs when he talks but hey, wouldn't you if your brain, eyes and spinal cord were placed in a droid? You can see it in the comics

Darth Jello
well, as vader is the testament, no. plus, the comics are EU, clone wars (as far as i know), isn't.

Jedi Priestess
Yes they are Jello. If it's not in the movies it's EU babe.

Darth Jello
Even though the plots are created by Lucas himself and only storyboarded by Tartakovsky?

Jedi Priestess
Yep it's EU. Sorry..........

Darth Jello
alright, well, i'll leave it to the eye of the beholder

thejeditraitor
'Even though the plots are created by Lucas himself"

no they're not dude!

gl has been working on THE REAL SW not a cartoon show.

mossman
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, as vader is the testament, no.

Hang on, you are saying Vader's breathing is perfectly normal then...?
I'm afraid I have to disagree.

And whether Clone Wars is or is not canon (it is not) is hardly the issue, unless the new series has a scene where someone says "General Grievous, you are bleeding internally and are slowly dying - I'd give you a couple of months, tops."

I don't really see the point.

Then again, as one Mr Bobby Zimmerman said: "He not busy being born, is busy dying"...
I guess we are all on our way out... from a CPOV

mephistodesigns
The reason Grievous will be hacking and weezing is because he is injured in a fight with Anakin and Obi in the opening battle. That's why he flees to Utapau, so they can repair him. Otherwise, he'd have to keep fighting Anaking and Obi to the death in the opening of the film.

J-Unit
Hey Jello Why Do U Create A Thread When Everybody And U Already Knows About Grievous Future....That He Will Be Destroyed And All That Man Common U Know Better...

mossman
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
The reason Grievous will be hacking and weezing is because he is injured in a fight with Anakin and Obi in the opening battle. That's why he flees to Utapau, so they can repair him. Otherwise, he'd have to keep fighting Anaking and Obi to the death in the opening of the film.

Erm, not at all.
We now know that General Grievous flees the Invisible Hand because the ship is crippled - he takes the last pod, leaving Kenobi and co up **** creek.
He is sent to Utapau by Sidious - not for repairs.
The first injury he sustains is when Obi slices of one of his thumbs on Utapau.
Kind of downhill from there for him really...

chilled monkey
Personally I think Darth Jello has a point. Mace clearly caused serious harm to Grievous when he crushed his lower thoracic cavity. He probably damaged his life support system. THAT is why he was hacking and weezing and I suspect that that is why Obi-Wan is able to win. Because he had been injured prievously.

BTW Clone Wars IS canon.

Captain REX
Wow, you are all very narrow-minded!

Chilled Monkey is the one that is actually using his brain somewhat.

Not sure about Clone Wars being canon though; I suppose at some point, Lucas-supported TV series will be considered canon...in the future...or something...

Darth_Nefarus
Well, the fact is the clone wars leaves off where episode 3 begins, so how is it not canon?

Captain REX
Because it's not the actual movie. If Lucas decided to go back and make a Episode 2.9, it would overrule the Clone Wars episodes. erm

Which would not have a chance in hell of happening anyway. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.