Who's the best Actor???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

belbel300
Within Lord of the Rings, there are obviously a lot of actors but, i've always wondered who people think are the best. You see, within the fellowship, I don't think it is possible to define one excellent actor. Viggo, Ian, Billy etc. they're all brilliant, so I wanted to know other people's views. roll eyes (sarcastic)

belbel300
Why does no one ever reply? no sad

Exabyte
Because nearly nobody's only at the moment stick out tongue

For me, the best actors are Sean Bean, John Noble and Miranda Otto... though I think nearly all actors were extremely good and perfect for their roles, especially for example Sam and Aragorn... I hardly know any movies where the cast was as perfect as for lotr

belbel300
Yea, I feel that Peter Jackson was a pure lucky cast picker and could not have done better in any sense, they all meet their roles and do the book and tolkein honour in all ways

belbel300
i've had 12 views and only one person has replied

The Inkeeper
Sean Bean, its a shame he was only (really) in one film.

shadowy_blue
Sean Bean.

xXLauriëXx
Sean Bean, Viggo and Bernard Hill.. they were all good though yes

Smodden
Elijah! is really good. even though he's kinda young and stuff...that's what I like about him...that and he's a great actor.

But I've been a fan of him for a looooong time so I probably would think he's the best in any film he's inmessed

belbel300
yea, Elijah's good but Sean Astin is also really awesome as Sam. Without him, the film wouldn't have really run very well. He carries the story.

The Inkeeper
He carries Frodo too yes stick out tongue

belbel300
'I can't carry it for you.....but I can carry you! Come on Mr. Frodo......'

Smodden
don't forget andy serkissad

xXLauriëXx
yeah andy serkis is a dude big grin

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah I think Sean Astin was perfect for Sam and also Sean Bean, Viggo, David, Elijah, Ian McKellen, Miranda, Ian Holm etc, well really every actor was perfect for each role as you said Exa! I can't imagine any other actor playing them..

xXLauriëXx
especially the hobbits, i can't imagine anyone doing those roles so well

rohanspear543
I think sean astin was the best he the only one that mad me cry the first time I saw the movies without knowing the whole story.

Mandorallen
sean bean.

Echuu
im going with christopher lee-
he's so experienced and played saruman so well

PeaveyROcker
i think that al the actors were perfect for the roles that they got. Peter Jacksondid an excellent job of capturing the movie into a film and it won a ton of awards. overall all the actors/actresses did an excellent job in the whole series.

belbel300
They had over 20 oscars overall for all three films and at the very last of the 3 ceremonies at the after-party they lined all 20+ up. I saw it on the special features on the extended edition. eek!

xXLauriëXx
me too! eek!
*is proud* happy

belbel300
very proud, I just wish I could have been part of it in some way, which is why I now want to become a production designer when I'm older and put my good art skills to good use.

xXLauriëXx
u go girl smile

jackstain
Ian m***** f****** McKellen was the greatest actor in all three of these films, come on now.

not everyone was good either. Orlando Bloom, though suitable because he doesn't speak much as Legolas, is one of the worst actors ever to grace the set of a film. He is TERRIBLE !!

belbel300
True he can't act but he definately looked the part and his stunts are really cool. I still can't really see anyone in his place you know

belbel300
and Jackstain, you have no idea what you are talking about, you cannot pick out one actor

belbel300
Hello, I guess its dead

belbel300
yup, he deserved ALL his awards

xXLauriëXx
laughing talking to yourself there, belbel?!

belbel300
yup, the board kinda died

xXLauriëXx
sad

belbel300
no one ever talks to mecry

ladygrim
sad awwww

Fionnuala
Sean Bean..Sean Bean..Sean Bean..

so yeah Sean Bean..and Ian Mckellen..of course

DCLXVI
SIR Ian McKellen, hands down. wink

ladygrim
Ian mckellen wink Obviously...

fini
SEAN ASTIN, the best on in da bunch

But the best of all time is Sir McKellen.

chucktaylor
Sean Astin, Sean Bean and Andy Serkis gains my respect!

...But dont forget those tiny extras like Uruk-Hai #1,716 and Oathbreaker #4

Bar-en-Danwedh
that's a tough one... they're all so bloody good...

sean bean, christopher lee, ian mckellan...

but i can't beleive no one's mention bernard hill (theoden)... he was magnificent...

his speeches... especially the one at pelanore feilds about shield breaking etc.

nimbus006
Viggo Mortensen has hit Aragorn so perfect that i could swear i saw his face when i first read the books... Ian Mckellan is a wizard no pun intended... but for actors noone has mentioned Hugo Weaving was great as Elrond, and Kate Blanchett as Gladriel i mean Come on! OH! John Davies as Gimli was brilliant... and i did like Liv Tyler as Arwen, Treebeard was great which i think was played by Either Christopher Lee or Andy Serkis

xXLauriëXx
so basically all of them then? stick out tongue

edit
and treebeard was voiced by john rhys davies as well

Bar-en-Danwedh
yeah... he just LOOKED like christopher lee

Bar-en-Danwedh
i though Bruce Spence was marvelous as the mouth of sauron as well...
cool accent...

Smodden
^Agrees

Quite Excellent.

nimbus006
thats right John Rhys Davies was treebeard dont know why the hell i said christopher Lee or Andy Serkis

Discos
Sean bean.

I actually think John Rhys Davids did a good job with Gimli, even being treabeard was great, alot of patience for talking that part.

My final decision will have to be Christopher Lee,

Discos - anyone who disagrees is just wasting their time.

b-dan
for one not orlando lboom for some reason i dont like him and not andy serkons cuz i hate gollum but i like the guy who played worm toung he played chucky in the childs play movies

b-dan
Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
i though Bruce Spence was marvelous as the mouth of sauron as well...
cool accent... whos that in ur sigs hes ****en creepy

Discos
Serkis was indeed a fine actor at that, dedicated some would say. Watching the bonus discs really showed me the true character of Gollum, being bent over and on all 4s all the time acting.

as always I praise him

Discos - except in Deathwatch, I mean what kind of acting was that.

go_get_it
ORLANDO BLOOM ALL THE WAY LEGOLAS OWNSss

Fëanor
Originally posted by Discos
Sean bean.

I actually think John Rhys Davids did a good job with Gimli, even being treabeard was great, alot of patience for talking that part.

My final decision will have to be Christopher Lee,

Discos - anyone who disagrees is just wasting their time. discos leaves no room for argument it seems

mirando otto is by far in a class all her own... my god!!! how can you not say she's hot??

Discos
lol so hotness = good acting?

Discos - glad to see it worked for Lopez in Gigli

Fëanor
that's like comparing apples to oranges... lopez sick

belbel300
please don't bring her into the convo!! miffed

Discos
dont tell me what to do n00b!

xXLauriëXx
now now, be nice stick out tongue peace

Elessea
*chants* fight fight fight....

Sorry...stick out tongue I got carried away! its been so peaceful lately, we need a fight...i mena

More peace stick out tongue

Discos
peaceful lately? perhaps because I was away huh yes

Elessea
Perhaps shifty

btw: Glad your back hugs

lopinhorses
I say Ian McKellen has the whole wize wizard thang goin' down

Fëanor

Discos
Originally posted by Elessea
Perhaps shifty

btw: Glad your back hugs

thanks love happy

lol well with the exit of myself and Chris I'm not suprised.

Anyways, back to the topic (for once). I cant say there was actually 1 bad actor in the entire trilogy, even P Jacksons cameo in ROTK was quite sufficient.

I would be suprised who they would have chose for Tom Bambadil, that would take some jolly acting to impress my image of the character.

Dave Vader
"where is the horse and the rider,
where are the horns that were blowing"

Bernard Hill for me, and yet how can I choose one from such an awesome cast, it has been said before, but i think all the actors were suited brilliantly to their roles. Even Orlando Bloom, I think the reason he has had no votes is because Legolas is such a favorite. Although I do love Sean Astin as Sam.

tomsgurlz
Hey everyone, it's my first time to the form. I think that Orlando Bloom is by FAR the best actor in the world!!!! (besides Tom Felton) He's a really great actor, plus, it just helps that he's extremely HOTT!! love big grin PEACE! rock

Fëanor
hello tomsgurlz...i think orli is hot too...like omg!!! he's so divalicious!!! couldn't you like just wanna eat him like an ice cream cone...that would be sooooo rad...

if he were like in my bedroom...i'd prolly go spastic on him...like totally

stick out tongue

Elessea
roll eyes (sarcastic) wow fea stick out tongue thats nice........

Discos

DarthLazious
Orlando Bloom.

jackstain
Originally posted by belbel300
and Jackstain, you have no idea what you are talking about, you cannot pick out one actor

yeah i can, seeing as how i did.

you dumb as$hole.

xXLauriëXx

Jea-nny
Elijah, viggo, Ian, Liv..

tomsgurlz

Fëanor
Originally posted by tomsgurlz
LOL!! omgosh that's awesome!! I love orlando bloom but i donno if i'd go that crazy on him. Actally, i have no idea what i would do...? I'd probably do something dumb and faint! lol PEACE dreamilicious....droolio

immortal_sim
viggo mortensen

Fëanor
Originally posted by immortal_sim
viggo mortensen ...played a very convincing lucifer in the prophecy....

belbel300
oooooooooooo, this boards changed since I've been gone!!!!

Fëanor
yesh....it has!!!

ya like????

Bar-en-Danwedh
Originally posted by b-dan
whos that in ur sigs hes ****en creepy

the above mentioned 'mouth of sauron'

JohnnyBloom
i know this has been said before (and that i'm about a month late here ... but you wanted replies didn't you??) but i think all the actors were perfectly suited for their roles, can't choose a favourite
... although sam's my fave character cos (as said above) he's the only one who actually made me cry, ... brought out some emotion and all that .....

iheartbilly
billy boyd and sean astin are the best actors in those....ian mkellen is also very good...i actually think he is one of the best...but noone can beat pippin!!

JohnnyBloom
hee hee!!!!
laughing out loud with a name like IHeartBilly I saw that one coming before I read it!!! big grin

masterkit
Ian is.

Dresta
everyone was very well cast except for Faramir and the fact that some of the Elven lords were'nt shown pissed me off. e.g Arwen rescueing Frodo instead of Glorfindel and his special horse.

Morning_Glory
I thought Sean Astin was really really great in the return of the king...

not saying this cause I thought he was hot or anything... cause Im not into him like that.. just thought he showed great passion and emotion in ROTK

Smodden
Sean Bean, Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Sean Astin.

^Worlds finest.smile

Aduruth
Viggo=aragorn wink
David weham(sry for the bad spelling)=faramir/
and eomer, dont know the actor name
and theodon

Hmph, two rohirrim and 2 gondorians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.