FLEMING'S First Choice For Bond ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Hello all,

Thought you might find this interesting. Apparantly, in a recent interview with Christopher Lee {Scaramanga}, the actor {and cousin of Ian Fleming} revealed that the author's first choice to play JB was James Mason, a classicly trained actor from yorkshire.

Thought that this would be a nice counterpoint to all the talk of whom the Brocollis think is best for the part ...

Here's the link to the story: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20243.html

Ahnold

lau_timmy
I thought Fleming's first choice for bond was Roger Moore.

Ahnold
Really? Where did you hear that?

Reborn Again
Hey, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnold. Glad to see you back! Miss the gang?

But regardless of Flemings first choice, Sean Connery got the role and he's my favourite of all the actors to undertake the part.

Clovie
i heard that Brosman was to take up the role must earlier, but had contract about remington steel or something erm

and who is the Mason guy?

Ahnold
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Hey, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnold. Glad to see you back! Miss the gang?

But regardless of Flemings first choice, Sean Connery got the role and he's my favourite of all the actors to undertake the part.

Hey there RA, long time no see smile ! Geez, I don't think I even caught up with you when I briefly came back here at Christmas time ...

And yeah, I'll hold my hands up and say that I DID miss the gang here at the KMC. Heh - I guess you were right; I couldn't stay away for long stick out tongue ! It's great to be back here, even if it's only for a few days before I go back to uni ...

And I totally agree with ya. Whoever Fleming originally thought up, I can't imagine a better Bond than Connery ...

Ahnold
Originally posted by Clovie
I heard that Brosman was to take up the role must earlier, but had contract about remington steel or something erm

And who is the Mason guy?

James Mason was a classicly trained British actor from yorkshire. His IMDB profile can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000051/

Don't worry - I didn't know who he was at first either! Apparantly, he was in the famous "north by northwest" ...

And you're right, btw: Brosnan WAS supposed to take up the role much earlier {he was supposed to succeed Roger Moore, in fact} yet had to pull out because of Remington Steele. Ironically, the new Remington Steele was cancelled after just a few episodes. Poor Pierce ...

Clovie
Originally posted by Ahnold
James Mason was a classicly trained British actor from yorkshire. His IMDB profile can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000051/

Don't worry - I didn't know who he was at first either! Apparantly, he was in the famous "north by northwest" ...

And you're right, btw: Brosnan WAS supposed to take up the role much earlier {he was supposed to succeed Roger Moore, in fact} yet had to pull out because of Remington Steele. Ironically, the new Remington Steele was cancelled after just a few episodes. Poor Pierce ... but in north by northwest stared cary grant. i'm sure about it. blink

it's nice to be right at once smart big grin
i didn't know the series was cancelled..i loved them as a kid embarrasment

Ahnold
That's true, Cary Grant DID star in "north by northwest". But this guy Mason was in it too; apparantly {according to his IMDB profile} he played "Phillip Vandamm". Haven't seen the movie in a while, so I'm not sure who this guy was ...

Clovie
neither am i sad
i just remember the main guy...and that they've been on that american's-presidents-faces-rock yes

Reborn Again
Heerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre's Jimmy!

http://www.thegoldenyears.org/james_mason.jpg

Clovie
i know him shocking

Ahnold
Personally stick out tongue ?

Clovie
yes eyes he is my ex-husband

Ahnold
Well it's possible, I guess. After all, your profile DOES say that you were born in 1919, which makes you only about 10 years younger than Jimmy stick out tongue ...

What IS it with the James Bond forum and people saying that they were born in the early 1900's {stand up yerssot ...}?

Clovie
you see, 10 years difference between husband and wife was acceptable, but later it turned out how horrible guy he is....can you imagine? he told me to iron his shirts shocking

and i don't follow......yerss is not here...confused

Ahnold
you see, 10 years difference between husband and wife was acceptable, but later it turned out how horrible guy he is....can you imagine? he told me to iron his shirts ...

And I don't follow......yerss is not here...

laughing

Oh, and I do know that yerss isn't here; I mention him because he put in his profile that he was born in 1904 ...

Clovie
that is so not funny.
don't you see it? he told ME purplequeen1 to IRON his stupid shirts...and maybe next day we would tell me to wash them? shocking nevah!!!!!!!! nahuh

does it make a difference? 80 years this way or that way stick out tongue

Ahnold
Oh, sorry. Didn't realise that this was such a, um, traumatising experience for you ...

An 80 year age difference? Stranger things have happened ...

Clovie
and maybe next day he would say he stops cooking shocking

laughingbag

especially when guy is ill and fcking rich yes

Ahnold
Say, where IS yerssot anyhow? Haven't seen him round here in a while. It'd be a real shame if I had to leave without saying hello ...

Clovie
how long are you staying?

Ahnold
Only until around Wednesday, I'm afraid {I've said why here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3481798#post3481798}. I should hopefully return on a much more permanent basis in June ...

Clovie
yeah i've read it. hope your exams go well.
so i guess you'll see him.

Ahnold
Here's hoping.

Clovie
i 'm afraid i don't understand..why here?

Ahnold
Why here what? Why AM I here, or why am I asking about yerss here?

Clovie
why hoping here... blink

Ahnold
It's just an expression: "Here's hoping ..."

I don't really mind where I hope stick out tongue ...

Clovie
oh... i don't know most of expressions sad

Ahnold
It's not that common anyway ...

Clovie
but i don't know the common ones as well sad

you're really from california?

Ahnold
Fear not, Clovie - that expression is so unbelievably uncommon I'm not even sure why I used it ...

You're really from California?

laughing I'm not even from America!

My REAL location is a closely guarded secret known only by a select few. To learn of it, you will have to pass the seven deadly trials of fire, followed by the ...

Ah, screw it. I live in the UK. But "Califohrnia" just goes with the whole "governator" profile ...

Clovie
ok.... embarrasment

coz your language is more like english english than american english... yes and i was wondering... and i guess i got it right smart

Ahnold
How very astute ...

Clovie
ain't i? shifty

Ahnold
Clovie and Ahnold ... I think we'd make a pretty good team. Of course, you would be the brains behind the operation, and I would provide da big bulging muscles to hit people with ...

Or not ...

Clovie
i think it is a great idea. i would be safe then happy

Ahnold
It's settled then smile .

Reborn Again
Ahovie 1eye Your child. laughing

Clovie
It's settled then smile . wonderful big grin

Ahovie 1eye Your child. laughing baby yes?

Ahnold
Clovnold? The Clovernator?

Clovie
that sounds scary bag

Ahnold
Well, just remember - the freaky love child idea was RA's not mine. I just said we should fight crime ...

Clovie
yes. we'll make this world a nice place big grin

IceWithin
Hello all,

Thought you might find this interesting. Apparantly, in a recent interview with Christopher Lee {Scaramanga}, the actor {and cousin of Ian Fleming} revealed that the author's first choice to play JB was James Mason, a classicly trained actor from yorkshire.

Thought that this would be a nice counterpoint to all the talk of whom the Brocollis think is best for the part ...

Here's the link to the story: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20243.html

Ahnold

thank god he didnt get it, well he looks better than connery, but well everyone does!

juust kidding roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue still SC is so much better...

Ahnold
But of coureshhh he ishhh ...

Ahovie 1eye Your child. laughing

Why is our love child a freaky cyclops blink ?

But ... I digress. Let's return to topic ...

Clovie
purplequeen1 coz shawn is the besht

yerssot
I just read that, yeah... but there was always a big dicussion about who he wanted for the role that I don't think we'll ever know the real truth

Ahnold
I was under the impression that this thread gave us the answer blink ...

Ahnold
I'm only staying until around Wednesday, I'm afraid ...

Woot! Good news, people! Thanks to a variety of fortuitous events, I've {evidently} been able to postpone my stay! The bad news: I'm leaving later today ...

Ahnold
It breakshhh the heart ... {Prof Henry Jones Sr., Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade}.

yerssot
ah... good point. (same movie, same geezer)
I was under the impression that this thread gave us the answer blink ...
but will the nephew know more than what was generaly accepted as the truth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.