Green Lantern vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tormentor_2004
Who wins? No prep time

Onslaught2005
GL

Cosmic Cube
Yeah right. Thor moves faster than thought. He will knock GL out before he can power-up his ring.

nigel45
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Yeah right. Thor moves faster than thought. He will knock GL out before he can power-up his ring.

Does Thor speed blitz people? I don't read alot of comics featuring him, but the ones I've seen he never has. If he does then I'll shut up.

Also, Tormentor, it's usually a good idea when a GL is involved to state which one and whether their shield is up when the battle starts, cause people get confused.

Cosmic Cube
Yes, Thor has speedblitzed Hulk, Iron Man, Juggernaut, and many others. According to the forum rules, GL will not have any shielding at the beginning of the fight.

Thor doesn't even really have to attack GL. Mjolnir, (when thrown,) can travel at greater than light speeds. One lightspeed *Krack!* to the face will take GL's head off.

nigel45
According to the forum rules, GL will not have any shielding at the beginning of the fight.

Unless otherwise stated by the thread starter right?

It probably won't matter, Thor should win this.

Draco69
Yes, Thor has speedblitzed Hulk, Iron Man, Juggernaut, and many others. According to the forum rules, GL will not have any shielding at the beginning of the fight.

Thor doesn't even really have to attack GL. Mjolnir, (when thrown,) can travel at greater than light speeds. One lightspeed *Krack!* to the face will take GL's head off.

No offense, CC but "Mjolnir, (when thrown,) can travel at greater than light speeds." is completely wrong. With OdinForce sure, but without no. In one issue of the Avengers Juggernaut not only caught the hammer but he actually took a ride back with it and clobbered a flabbergasted Thor. Storm has dodged Thor's hammer during a battle in Russia. (X-Men vs. Avengers). Spider-Man had dodged it. Alot of characters have dodged it.

Night y'all

Cosmic Cube
Actually, Thor can determine how fast it moves. It can indeed go faster than light. Jugg's dodged it. That proves nothing. Mjolnir has caught Superman off guard. It certainly can travel at greater than light speeds, an ability that affords Thor interstellar flight.

Cosmic Cube
Imagine that hitting the face of a defenseless GL. That's a deathblow.

Cosmic Cube
I wonder... If Thor can't fly, how does he stay aloft after throwing Mjolnir?

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder... If Thor can't fly, how does he stay aloft after throwing Mjolnir? It's like the cartoons when they walk off the cliff.

K3VIL
I wonder... If Thor can't fly, how does he stay aloft after throwing Mjolnir?
I think there's a spell in Mjolnir that grants him to hover for a while until the hammer comes back.

K Von Doom
I'm not sure about Mjolnir being able to travel faster than light speed but it can open portals. Check out IG; Thanos teleports Mjolnir away but another portal opens later and Mjolnir comes flying right back.

juggernaut74
Imagine that hitting the face of a defenseless GL. That's a deathblow. Now to find a defenseless GL.

jrodslam
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Now to find a defenseless GL.

Aint gonna happen. Lol. I think the winner depends on which GL.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Now to find a defenseless GL.

Initially, GL is indeed defenseless. Thor's god-like reflexes are a thousand times faster than any of the Green Lanterns. Before a GL can even think to power up his ring, he or she will be out of the fight.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm not sure about Mjolnir being able to travel faster than light speed but it can open portals. Check out IG; Thanos teleports Mjolnir away but another portal opens later and Mjolnir comes flying right back.

Without greater than light speed, Mjolnir would not be able to carry Thor across galaxies in flight. Teleportation is not Thor's only means of warp-speed transportation. Spinning is not necessary for Mjolnir to open a transdimensional portal. As in the IG story, Mjolnir can teleport between dimensions in mid-flight. Thor can simply fly into a portal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.