Saved!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidergrl
This movie......was interesting?

Has anyone else seen it?

Cinemaddiction
I saw it after much deliberation, and it ended up being a rather enjoyable movie. There were some segments that were somewhat offensive/sacreligious to me, being a Christian, but in the end the "it's not cool to be an insane religious zealot" message was shining pretty bright.

spidergrl
Yea, personally Im not really a christian but my sister is and she was alittle angry by the movie! I enjoyed the cast alot and also the different characters the came across as!! I like macaulay culkin, jena malone and also macaulay culkin's girl friend in the movie. Mandy Moore anooyed me alot after awhile. and then jena's boy friend, both of them, very hot!! lol

bigD4321
i thoght it was pretty funny and enjoyavle to. i didnt think much of it being aoofenisve though but im not that much of a christian

spidergrl
i thought it was pretty good, as i said, great actors!

Wolfie
The trailers looked stupid so I didn't bother. It didn't look sacreligious at all, just dumb. I don't see the humor of throwing a Bible at someone.

spidergrl
Hahaha, nah you have to know the circumstances that it was under, you should watch it, it was a funny movie!!

IceWithin
rather dumb...

MildPossession
What did some of you find a bit offensive/angry with?

Jackie Malfoy
I never hearad of it what is it about?JM

spidergrl
Yea I agree...at first it seemed like it was against christians and the movie was mocking them....but then you learn more about the story line etc....i really enjoyd it ae

BackFire
meh, still haven't seen it, don't really want to.

I'll get my religious parody from South Park and the Simpsons, not some tacky teenybopper comedy with mandy moore. "I ran my car into Jesus!!!" Yeah, absolutely hilarious.

spidergrl
BackFire, that wasn't the funny bit, Im sorry to say, but it was the bit wheer they were mocking the christians that I was laughing, just some of the things they do is funny.....that bit, well i was hoping that jesus fell on her and hit her. I hate Mandy Moore...

speiderman
Interesting.

spidergrl
yes....

Andrew McLeod
I feel so dirty here...just reading some of the comments makes me feel unclean and less smart...lol

Whatever, I thought it was great. A perfect satire of how people take their religions to the extreme and end up condradicting what they stand for. It was funny, touching, and smart. The actors were good and the direction was good to. I just despise everyone who classifies this as a teen movie...it's not. Most average teens wouldn't like this movie with the teen attitude of today (ie Religion suxxoorz!) and they wouldn't find they subtle wit funny. It has to be gross-out/extreme sex/stupid/slap stick comedy that's shoved down their throats. That's why I love this movie, it's a more subtle, sofisticated comedy that I can enjoy without feeling like the movie makers think I'm a dim wit. I loved it and got a few friends hooked.

I can't understand how anyone can be offended/hate this movie's message and call themselves a Christian. The message was what Christianity's all about so the people who reject it's message and say they're Christian are definately hypocritical. I'm Christian and thought it was perfect.

spidergrl
nicely put! I loved it ae, you worded it perfectly...

Cinemaddiction
The thread has been edited and re-opened. Talks of Christianity and Religion are FORBIDDEN in this thread, unless pertainent to the movie, otherwise, it will be closed. That goes for everyone.

Thanks for your cooperation.

IceWithin
the movie wasn't horrible... but it was a lil dumb...

it was funny at the end tho when the girl's havin the baby laughing out loud

Tex
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The thread has been edited and re-opened. Talks of Christianity and Religion are FORBIDDEN in this thread, unless pertainent to the movie, otherwise, it will be closed. That goes for everyone.

Thanks for your cooperation.

That's a very good idea. Seeing as your anti-Catholic rants in the other Saved! thread were very inappropriate and unwarranted. thumb up

Cinemaddiction
..and you called Jesus a drama queen. Sorry, kids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.