Should Gene Therapy be tested on humans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AdventChild
Do you think Gene Therapy should be allowed to be tested on humans?Gene Therapy- The increase of muscles by injecting something...It's original intent is for those of the diesease of muscle distrophy....

Sicky666
Well, test ahead, see if I care...

big gay kirk
I think medical treatments should be tested on humans.... all those in prison serving time for sex offences, especially the paedos.... why test on dogs and rats, when the results will be far more applicable when tested on some kiddie fiddler.... lets be honest, who cares if they end up dying or suffering from bad side effects....

Magee
The way i see it is if the person agree's to be tested on then go for it. It has nothing to do with me or Joe Bloggs round the corner if they have the persons consent.

Draco69
The problem is that only a few select can have this gene therapy. Namely the rich and important. Everyone else won't. This is would become another version of the movie "Gattaca". Everyone else would be screwed. The gene boosted people would get the best education, jobs and social standing. The ones without would be labeled as "useless" except for low-end jobs.

I say absolutely not. Watch Gattaca. It holds all the answers.

Capt_Fantastic
Lets suppose that the gay gene for example was a factor. But, evidence tells us that the gay gene isn't a single gene. It is, rather, a symphony of genes acting in unison. Say that the gay genes can be pin pointed and eradicated; there is nothing to say that other genes won't fire at key moments and that homosexuality won't continue to be a "problem".

Gene therapy is a huge step forward for human kind. I say test away. Besides, there are plenty of ignorant humans to choose from, when selecting a subject for the experiments.

Right?

Filth
Yeah I don't see why not.

leonheartmm
unfortunately with our current technology gene therapy is VERY VERY risky, so i say let it develop until it is at a safe level and then and only then, experiment with sensible, non impressioned, truly willing humans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.