Philippine movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asian Hulk
If you like the Philippine movies
you can enter to http://store.yahoo.com/divisoria/movies-vcd.html
or you can enter to http://www.book-of-dreams.com/tagalog-movies1.htm
or enter to http://www.showbizpinoy.com

rohan524
Hi, fellow Pinoy. Sad to say, I sort of well, don't. Depends on which movies we're talking. Brocka, Bernal, Abaya and the 50s, 60s and 70s were fine. There are some golden nuggets lately but in general, still immature. I hang out in the football forum by the way. If you're into football (soccer).

rubber dickie
majority of filipino movies have the same plotlines. i rarely see a movie that sticks out. lately, i've seen some good ones though... "tanging ina," "jologs," "the debut," american adobo."

and the old movies are great, just as rohan524 said. yung iba kasi pare-pareho na lang. may isang mahirap, iibig sa mayaman, ayaw ng magulang, kikidnapin si mayaman tapos ililigtas ni mahirap, kaya kahit ayaw man ng magulang, gusto n rin kay mahirap.

it's so generic.

Asian Hulk
Pareho lang tayong Pinoy then.Pelikulang Tagalog ang panoorin natin

rohan524
Actually, that's what I wonder about. Parang ambagal nagmama-ture Filipino film making style natin. Hinahatawan na tayo ng mga kapitbahay natin --- Vietnam (Scent of Green Papaya ata - naka Oscar nominatin), Hongkong action flicks, Thailand (check out cinemanila lastyear, yung about the Thai kickboxer docu-drama). After Oro, Plata, Mata at Orapronobis parang wala nang critically acclaimed AND iconic na films from us. Or baka kasi clouded na judgment natin kaya kahit may maganda works (ok raw yung 10-hour docu ni Lav Diaz, Munting Tinig, Magnifico) eh di natin pinapatronize.

rubber dickie
the thing is marami sa mga movie goers natin are simple minded. gusto lang nila yung matawa ng konti, maiyak ng konti, kiligin ng konti. so even if the movie has no real context, mabenta pa rin. the revolution of our movies is really slow. imposible naman na maubusan ng ideas ang mga pinoy. and we really need to start casting yung mga talented na ctors natin, not the snot nosed new comers that we see sa mga commercials.

the writing and directing too is an issue. napaka-generic ng mga movie plots natin. we need to start thinking outside of the box.

Asian Hulk
kung sa bagay kahit patay na si fpj.naiwan pa rin ang mga pelikula niya.pati na rin ang mga dramatic actors at actress.lalo nang mga action at sexy stars.pati na rin ang mga komedyante.papano yan?eh puro tsismis ito!!!!pero kung si judy ann santos o si kristine hermosa ay batang soap opera actress din yun!!!!!si robin padilla ay action star.si bayani agbayani ay komedyante.si katya santos sexy actress.aga muhlach dramatic actors o!!!!!

The Flash
You know what I hate about the more modern Filipino movies? That the picture on some movies look so outdated. I'd like every movie and even the shows to have good picture like Gagamboy. For example after seeing the amazing picture of Gagamboy I thought every movie would have great picture now. Then I saw Fantastic Man and I was like WTF?! Seeing a couple modern movies and shows with bad picture just pisses me off.

rubber dickie
mahal naman kasi kapag top of the line cgi ang ginagamit for the movies. the budget does allow top notch special fx. if you compare the fx of filipino movies to any other, the graphics are bad talaga. like the flying scenes from any superhero movies... so cheesy. but if you look at superman the movie, which was made in the 70's, mas maganda pa rin yung fx kaysa sa mga pinoy movies ngayon. we need to exploit the magic of wire fu more and invest for quality cgi effects. kung puro impose lang sa moving screen, tae talaga ang kalalabasan.

Asian Hulk
kung ok lang sana sa pelikulang tagalog.dapat tangkilikin natin at respetuhin ang mga artista natin.

Asian Hulk
Thanks!!!!!!

mssharrow
Originally posted by rubber dickie
mahal naman kasi kapag top of the line cgi ang ginagamit for the movies. the budget does allow top notch special fx. if you compare the fx of filipino movies to any other, the graphics are bad talaga. like the flying scenes from any superhero movies... so cheesy. but if you look at superman the movie, which was made in the 70's, mas maganda pa rin yung fx kaysa sa mga pinoy movies ngayon. we need to exploit the magic of wire fu more and invest for quality cgi effects. kung puro impose lang sa moving screen, tae talaga ang kalalabasan.

I agree with that. I think the problem here is the filipino producer too. They worry on spending too much, that they think, bka di mabawi. It's like dont want to take the risk! Or, really just not enough budget?? sad

rubber dickie
the only movies worth watching anymore are the dramas and romanctic comedies. every once in a while there will be a movie that really moves me. pero kung sa action and horror and fantasy, di bale na lang.

mssharrow
happy It's not worth watching it right? But as asian hulk say......

Originally posted by Asian Hulk
kung ok lang sana sa pelikulang tagalog.dapat tangkilikin natin at respetuhin ang mga artista natin.

rubber dickie just as you ask in anime/manga thread, yes im frm phils. too. I'm new here, just started looking around. shifty

rubber dickie
i'm one of the most patriotic pinoys you can find on God's green earth. kaya lang yung ibang mga movies, unbearable talaga. i enjoy watching pinoy movies, just not the sh!tty ones. greentoo

mssharrow
yes laughing

rohan524
Film should be about the art and and the story. You just don't watch it just because it was made by one of your own. There are many Pinoy films acclaimed internationally by credible critic groups but sadly don't make it in the tills cos they are "profound" or "depressing" films. It's the immaturity of the Pinoy audience and producers that's preventing us from really making quality movies. Fair to say though that local television is doing relatively better.

rubber dickie
Originally posted by rohan524
Film should be about the art and and the story. You just don't watch it just because it was made by one of your own. There are many Pinoy films acclaimed internationally by credible critic groups but sadly don't make it in the tills cos they are "profound" or "depressing" films. It's the immaturity of the Pinoy audience and producers that's preventing us from really making quality movies.

my sentiments exactly. marami din namang pinoi movies that get international attention. i think that the industry is being held back by producers wanting to make a quick buck. plus the simplicity of the audiences also holds back the quality. simple things for simple minds. kung ano lang yung kayang intindihiin, yun ang pinapanood kaya yun din ang kadalasang pino-produce.

The Flash
IMO the new Lastik Man movie was made just for money. The movie sucked so much and Vic Soto should always be Lastik Man.

rohan524
Sensya I sort of feel strongly about this topic kasi frustrated film major ako eh hehehe...Sabi lang ng nanay ko, anong gagawin mo pag pinag-aral kita ng Film? Haller... Sadly, the last Pinoy movie I saw in the theater was Rizal from years back.

rubber dickie
rizal was actually good. the one which starred buboy montano is the one i like best. i'm actually looking for a dvd of that one. the one before that was good too, yung kasama si amanda page. i like era movies. pero yung lapu lapu ni lito lapid walang kwenta. that was 2 hours of my life i'm not gonna get back. ugh

i haven't seen "lastikman: unang banat" kasi mukhang rushed yung film, plus they catsed new comers which are not even actors kundi mga singer. soto will be the only the only righteous lastikman.

off topic: may nakapanood na ba sa darna ni angel locsin sa gma? wala kasi sa states ng channel 7 eh. maganda ba?

Jury
Feng Shui is better.

mssharrow
off topic: may nakapanood na ba sa darna ni angel locsin sa gma? wala kasi sa states ng channel 7 eh. maganda ba?

I haven't watch it yet, some people I knew who's watching it, told me it's not that really good, as usual especially the flying darna. I happen to watch it on the bus, on my way home from the office, I'm not surprise on the effects, but Angel huh, got that body for a darna role. eek!

Jury
I don't think GMA7 Darna is good. Just the same ol' school crap. erm I'm really disapointed. Krystala is half-way better.

And Feung Shui is better happy

rubber dickie
Originally posted by mssharrow
I haven't watch it yet, some people I knew who's watching it, told me it's not that really good, as usual especially the flying darna. I happen to watch it on the bus, on my way home from the office, I'm not surprise on the effects, but Angel huh, got that body for a darna role. eek!

yeah. nakita ko yung picture nya in one of the filipino newspaper here. bagay sa kanya yung costume. chaka ganyan talaga yung fx kapag tv. even here sa states, the special fx in tv show are usuallu sub-par compared to the fx in movies kasi maliit yung budget.

matagal-tagal na rin walang darna movie. they should make a new one. ang ayoko lang kasi walang continuity yung movies. the subject is always the origin of darna. nakakasawa na. but i'm kinda curious to see how they would make the new one considering the possibilities of better cg, costumes and make-up.

Ou Be Low hoo
I dunno about the movie scene, but the rum is damn good!

mssharrow
rum? just like the rum in pirates?pirate

There is also one telefantasia that GMA7 is making for TV, something like encantada? Sbi nila prang LOTR dw ung mga non-human character. bunny

Jury
"Parang LOTR"? So, it wouldn't be original then. erm Not good then.

mssharrow
yeah correct, sad noh but true. Well, malay din ntin, they might surprise usjawdrop..........spirit of channel 2 is good.ghost1

Jury
Definitely Spirits is a two-thumbs up for me. thumb up thumb up

http://img256.echo.cx/img256/7468/photo104kr.jpg
http://img256.echo.cx/img256/3420/photo110ny.jpg

Jury

rubber dickie
i heard about a panaday being made for channel 2. and supposedly echo rosales is the lead. confirmed na 'to?

i think echo would fit the role. i can alredy see him in those signature muscle shirt FPJ used to wear.

mssharrow
seems that you like feng shui so much. I'll say that is a movie we can be proud of, nice job for chito ronio, that is the most thrilling movie I ever saw here tv_horror compared to shake, rattle & roll or bahay ni lola teehee etc... but I dont like kris' actingnono, lotlot is really good here.thumbup1

mssharrow
i heard about a panaday being made for channel 2. and supposedly echo rosales is the lead. confirmed na 'to?

yes, channel 2 is doing a panday and jericho rosales will be the lead star, pantapat dw sa darna ng 7. The leading actress nmn supposedly eh si mellisa of scq batch 1, but she turned it down because she's too young for the role. big grin

Jury

i think echo would fit the role. i can alredy see him in those signature muscle shirt FPJ used to wear.
Actually, it was FPJ himself who chose Jericho Rosales to lead the new Panday.

mssharrow
ohh, really I didn't know about that, so before FPJ died, ABS already planning to have panday on TV?

Jury
According to the news before, remaking Panday as a TV series was planned 2 or years ago... and when they asked FPJ's opinion regarding who fits best for the role... and it was indeed Jericho Rosales. smile

rubber dickie
blessing from the panday himself... pretty impressive. i wonder who the next lizardo is. walang kapantay si max alvarado.

mssharrow
right! but they should look for someone who can replace him or atleast.
well, lets say how about joko diaz or someone from the quizon's maybe.

Jury
Topic aside, I'm quite wondering why does GMA (Kapuso) keep on following the trend ABS-CBN (Kapamilya) has to offer, yet keep on proclaiming that they were the original?

Just this recently, when ABS-CBN publicly announced that they have shows programmed live from Cebu, GMA somewhat followed at the exact date. erm

Also, the shows Marinara, H'wag Kukurap, and Darna... literally originated from Kapamilya's trend with Marina, Nginig, and Krystala respectively.

SOP Gigsters followed from ASAP Fanatic format.

Bubble Gang Junior from Goin' Bulilit.

Encantadia from Spirits.

And the other which is followed from Kontrobersyal of Boy Abunda.

Well, the Kapuso is going to Davao soon... let us see if Kapuso will also envade the Durian Capital of the Philippines.

mssharrow
hahaha, laughing, they're confusing the televiewers. or so better to say, niloloko nla mga manonood, where sometimes they confused me too, like that show they did in Cebu, I really did'nt know who the first one who planned to go there, and who's the one who just followed, for them not to be left behind.

Joey de Leon sarcastically say that 2 always copying their programs, which is also true, but he didn't realize that there are also shows or prog. they copied from chan.2
just like what you say here.........

Originally posted by Jury

Also, the shows Marinara, H'wag Kukurap, and Darna... literally originated from Kapamilya's trend with Marina, Nginig, and Krystala respectively.

SOP Gigsters followed from ASAP Fanatic format.

Bubble Gang Junior from Goin' Bulilit.

Encantadia from Spirits.

And the other which is followed from Kontrobersyal of Boy Abunda.

confused

rubber dickie
i don't really care too much about this petty network war. all i can say is i appreciate evething pinoi that i can catch here sa states. talagang nakakawala ng home sickness.

pero in fairness, mas gusto yung sex bomb dancers. mikejackson1

mssharrow
I think it's bcoz your in the states, buti k p, because for me, I'm sick & tired of what they're doing. I think it's better that they just entertain the televiewers or have a healthy competition, hndi ung ngpaparinigan lagi cla, prang unprofessional kc & even the televiewers nag aaway n din.

Sex Bomb is good, because they can sing also. By the way, I like your dancing MJ.

Jury
Joey de Leon is physically old and facially ugly. That's all I can say.

rubber dickie
I think it's bcoz your in the states, buti k p, because for me, I'm sick & tired of what they're doing. I think it's better that they just entertain the televiewers or have a healthy competition, hndi ung ngpaparinigan lagi cla, prang unprofessional kc & even the televiewers nag aaway n din.

Sex Bomb is good, because they can sing also. By the way, I like your dancing MJ.

thanks. mikejackson1

i'm actually watching eat bulaga right now. pinapalabas dito everyday, kaya lang heavily edited yung show. they only show pinor henyoor kaya mo ba 'to and laban o bawi.

it really amazes to how low both networks will go para magkasiraan lang. dito sa states, they promote their shows on every network kahit pinaglalabanan nila ang ratings. bakit di pwedeng ganun sa pinas? imbes na magkasiraan, mag-join effort na lang sila para mas maganda yung mga shows and be still competitive with each other.

mssharrow
Really!? That's not nice, even my favorite part-the bulagaan-is not shown there sad

bakit di pwedeng ganun sa pinas? imbes na magkasiraan, mag-join effort na lang sila para mas maganda yung mga shows and be still competitive with each other.

yesI hope, why not

rubber dickie
they show bits of the bulagaan. one joke then "wala yan sa lolo ko" sketch. they don't show the classroom sketch. sad

Fëanor
wow!!! i haven't seen a filipino movie since....well since i can remember no expression

mssharrow
can you remember at least the last filipino movie you've watched?

Fëanor
not since i was seven....but for the most part of what i do remember: they all bit it huh

rubber dickie
not all of them are bad. you should watch 'the debut' and 'american adobo'.

Fëanor
i haven't bothered to watch them yet...but i probably will

mssharrow
yes, and try feng shui also.

Fëanor
yes, and try feng shui also. i hope you're talkin' bout a movie....because otherwise i'd think that you're.....mocking me no expression

rubber dickie

Fëanor
hey...thanks for the info big grin

mebbe i'll check them out and rethink my thoughts on filipino cinema...

rubber dickie
not all of them are bad. sometimes they make really good movies... sometimes.

mssharrow
there's also Babae sa Breakwater (women in breakwater), i've read in newspaper that this movie is making an entry in foreign land & been winning some awards in other countries too. But I haven't seen this movie yet. sad

Fëanor
if it's in tagalog....then most definately i'll be lost to it, since i've forgotten the language....no expression

rubber dickie
two words: sub and title.

mssharrow

Fëanor
actually, when we came to the states when i was six

i was determined to learn english, so i told my mom english only...eventually it was the only language she'd speak to us

mssharrow
heheh, just like jasmine trias of american idol finalist last year, her parents are both filipino, but she hardly speak & understand tagalog. But I think it is much better if you know a lot of language, & ofcourse your own language. big grin

Fëanor
true...but the trade off is i've no accent

no offense to those that do -

sweetrese
nice, may mga pinoy rin pala dito! hehe, well anyways, di ko masyado gusto ang filipino movies... it kinda suck... hehe... smile

rubber dickie

mssharrow
you have that accent rubber? how long have you been there in the states?

Originally posted by sweetrese
nice, may mga pinoy rin pala dito! hehe, well anyways, di ko masyado gusto ang filipino movies... it kinda suck... hehe... smile

ei, not all of them naman sad , american adobo, milan, feng shui, is good wink - you haven't watch this yet?

rubber dickie
8 years na. wala na me accent. you get rid of it after a while. if you talk a lot to people and watch a lot of english shows, ineveitably, you'll pick up on how to talk without an accent.

mssharrow
ahhh, yeah I see.....

btw, wow i like your avatar, & ur sig - medyo malalim....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

rubber dickie
thanks. wala lang, malapit na kasi independence day natin eh.

Fëanor
8 years na. wala na me accent. you get rid of it after a while. if you talk a lot to people and watch a lot of english shows, ineveitably, you'll pick up on how to talk without an accent. HA! try tellin' that to some of my friends who've lived here since they were six....

rubber dickie
i've been speaking english since i was five. i really never had a heavy accent.

mssharrow
Originally posted by sultan kudarat
malapit na kasi independence day natin eh.

Actually. late ko na naalala embarrasment
I'd like to give u a hand... clapping....for remembering our independence day.

sultan kudarat
thanks. i don't wanna sound senti pero kapag namimiss mo talaga ang pinas, marami kang naaalala.

Neo_Version 7
Ayos!!!

mssharrow
it's been quiet here, I think, wla n tlgang pedeng pag usapan sa mga movie ntin. sad

sultan kudarat
ok lang yun. kahit ano na lang pag-usapan natin. wala namang nakakaintindi dito kundi tayo tayo lang.

mssharrow
heheheh, oo nga, tama k dyan.
I'm sure you heard what's been happening here....... the gloria gate n tinatawag nila.miffed
hay para ng banana republic ang pinas.no expression

jeffer_wrote
"Parang"?

you're being nice.

it already is.

take it from someone who is here, experiencing it firsthand....haha!

Jury
Actually No... May I correct you.

Philippines is still a Presidential Republic.

random task
nakaksawa na yan. parang ginagawang excuse ang edsa. iboboto nila kung sino, kung di nila nagugustuhan yung pamalakad niya, mage-edsa na naman.

Jury
Eh ganun ang tao e. Kailan ba nagkakaroon ng absolute contentment ang isang tao? Minsan, maraming nagrereklamo... "unfair" kahit saang sitwasyon... may nagsasabi pa ring "unfair"... E, kailan ba nagiging "fair" ang mundo?

Jury
Back to Philippine Movies:

Here's the latest one.

D' Anothers

mssharrow
because of this movie, laging asar talo si toni kay joey de leon, cguro di matanggap ni joey na medyo succesful ung paglipat nya sa chan. 2.

I think this movie is good.

Neo_Version 7
No offense but Filipino movies can be corny sometimes. Especially the Lito Lapid action movies. laughing out loud

The dramas are usually good though.

Jury
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
No offense but Filipino movies can be corny sometimes. Especially the Lito Lapid action movies. laughing out loud

The dramas are usually good though. Well, not sometimes. Almost all Filipino action movies are what you consider "corny". That's true. And that's not a thing to be laughed about. It's one of the movie industry's serious problems.

However, I am also saying that there are a lot of Filipino Films that are also quality films. That's why some of them were internationally claimed films.

And, btw, Neo... are you a Filipino?

Jury
I found a new Filipino Forums showcasing Kapamilya and Kapuso in just ONE Room.

Room 27

mssharrow
I visited this site, and I found out that the common thing they talked about here is the pinoy big brother.

parang konti lng din ang mga nagpo post sa forum.

Jury
Because I think it's just new.

mssharrow
yeah, you're right.
have you try posting any msg. there?

mssharrow
a new movie for the 2005 film festival..........

Kutob
Exodus
Shake, Rattle & Roll 2k5
Enteng Kabisote
Ako Legal Wife
Mulawin the movie
Blue Moon

if i miss other movies I just can't remember the title embarrasment
I wonder who will hit the box office. confused

Jury
It's sad, but the movies are shameful.

mssharrow
yay, genun b....
nakkaawa nmn pinas kung ganoon, mukha ala n pag asadown

Jury
Every year nlng kasi, pareho lang ang palabas. walang pinagkaiba ... ang style at approach, ganun pa rin. Bakit kasi walang Star Cinema? Sila lang ang maganda last year: Feng Shui.

mssharrow
wala bng entry ang star cinema d2? heheh, sori dko kc check eh.
baka ndi dn cla umabot sa deadline or for next year n lng cla.

Jury
Actually, may movie na ipino-promote and Star Cinema since September pa. It stars Piolo and Juday and to be shown on January. It's "Don't Give Up On Us". I guess, it was not intended for MMFF. Obviously, sinasadya yata ng Star Cinema na hwag sumali. I wonder why. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mssharrow
eh para sa kin kc kung issali nila yng ke judy, (which is very common ung story ng movie pag c judy ann ung cast) un lng ung drama dun, prang ndi bgay, kc usually ngayn, sa MMFF ung mga movies dun, mga fantasy, comedy & horror.

heheh, kung ikaw nga kbisado mo ung mga ngpo produce ng movie sa MMFF, eh ako ndi nmn msyado so lalo ako dpt mgsbi nito
I wonder why. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jury
No. MMFF is not intended for Fantasy, Horror and Comedy alone. Mano Po trilogy was not in those genre, remember? Tanging Yaman, Muru-Ami, Bagong Buwan, Aishite Imasu, are all drama movies and had tendencies to win the Film Fest. Hindi dahil yun and ipinalalabas sa MMFF, yun na lang lahat. Hindi ba? smile

mssharrow
yay, galing mo, opo tama po happy
but I'm not trying to say nmn n they are only intended for fantasy, horror & comedy alone, sa ngyn lng ung mga may entries doon, doon lng nag fall sa mga categories n un, ewan ko....magulo ako anoh messed

Jury
laughing out loud Medyo lang.

mssharrow
heheh

just this last week, sm cinema's was jampacked.......
kc ipinalbas nila ng live ung laban ni pacman big grin

ask ko lng Ilongo k b?

Jury
Yup, halata po ba? Ba't mo natanong? smile

mssharrow
hheheh, no actually I've read it somewhere, you mention it, I just can't remember on what forum/thread. stick out tongue
ala lng, my mom is also from Iloilo din kc, & I've understand few but can't speak well. sad

eh di malambing k din big grin

Jury
Lol. Siguro, yun sabi nila. May tono raw kasi kpag nagsasalita mga Ilonggo... kahit galit na... malambing pa rin ang tono. big grin

mssharrow
oo nga eh
nakapunta k b sa dinagyang ng Iloilo? Never p kc ko nakanood nun eh & ung Maskara Fest. sa Bacolod sad

Jury
Actually, hindi ako nagpaparticipate sa Festivities ng Dinagyang because of my religion. Pero hindi rin naman talaga ako against whatsoever sa Dinagyang. smile

Actually, buong araw ako nakababad sa init ng araw during Dinagyang. Naghe-Henna Tattoo kami kasi at saka daming customers lalo na pag sa ganitong occasion.

Mas maganda ngayon ang Festivities specially the Ati-tribe competition... mas maraming tao. mas maraming live band performances sa halos lahat ng sulok ng streets ng city.

Disappointing nga lang kasi tinanggal yung Battle of the Sounds. Live bands na lang tuloy ang maririnig mo. Iba pa rin kasi kapag may Battle of the Sounds... sasabog tainga mo sa ingay. Lol. smile

Pero, hopefully, next year meron na uli. Kasi in demand yun eh.

Hopefully, witness ka rin ng Dinagyang next year. Hindi ka magsisisi. smile
Dahil sa Dinagyang, hinirang ang Iloilo City as the Festival Capital of the Philippines. Astig no?

wink

mssharrow
parang ang saya saya nga. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I like the ati-tribe competition, prang enjoy sya panoorin, but what really caught my attention eh ung Battle of the Sounds eek! , grabe may gnun tlga dun, as in may competition n gnun? Waahhh sakit ata sa tainga nun, Kakaiba tlga. Cguro kaya saya tinanggal bka dmi ngreklamo.
big grin

Hopefully nga, next year makapanood nmn ko nun ng live ndi ung sa TV lng. smile

Jury
Yun nga yata ang hinanap ng mga. MAs maraming nagreklamo nang tanggalin nila. Kinonsider lng daw ng committee ang suggestion ng DOH na masama sa brain ang sobrang ingay na gawa ng Battle of the Sounds.

KJ lng ang DOH. happy

JaehSkywalker
hi! musta na people? Heck, ang hirap magenglish minsan sa ibang threads... buti pa dito! pde mg taglish... tayo tayo lng ba nakakaintindi sa isa't isa?

well, so, anung pnaguusapan niyo d2? alam ko pong phil. movies.... ano po ba ang last phil. movie na napanood niyo?

mssharrow
KJ lng ang DOH. happy

hehehe, oo nga laughing out loud

hi there jaeh...
actually kmi n nga lng ni jury naguusap d2 eh, khit ano n lng, kc ala n din msyado mapg usapan sa phil movie, kc kokonti n lng ang ginagwang movie sa pinas sad

Ung last movie n npnood ko sa sine, 1997-98 Film Fest. Movies p un, di ko n matandaan eh embarrasment
sa TV nmn ung Magnifico, na ipinalabas sa 2. big grin

Jury
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
hi! musta na people? Heck, ang hirap magenglish minsan sa ibang threads... buti pa dito! pde mg taglish... tayo tayo lng ba nakakaintindi sa isa't isa?

well, so, anung pnaguusapan niyo d2? alam ko pong phil. movies.... ano po ba ang last phil. movie na napanood niyo?
Last Fil-film na napanood ko yung Nasaan Ka Man staring Claudine, Deither and Jericho... Ganda pala ng storyline. Hollywood and dating. Mahilig me kasi sa thriller kaya na-appreciate ko siya. smile

JaehSkywalker
Last film ko Mulawin, Enteng Kabisote 2 at Exodus! laughing out loud

Yeah! grabe ha, feeling ko lahat ng fantasy films ng pinas sinimot ko na!!

nanood ba kayo ng news dun sa nangyari sa Abs-cbn, ung sa Wowowee? grabe, dming namatay....

d na phil. movies pnaguusapan ntin... kya cguro d to maclose kc la clang naiintindihan... hehe... joke laughing out loud

mssharrow
Last Fil-film na napanood ko yung Nasaan Ka Man staring Claudine, Deither and Jericho... Ganda pala ng storyline. Hollywood and dating. Mahilig me kasi sa thriller kaya na-appreciate ko siya. smile

Like my younger sis, she like this kind of movie. Thriller type b yang Nasaan ka man? heheh di ko lam eh, bili n lng ko dvd pag may pera n ko big grin Akala ko just like ung sa Milan ung storyline nya.

d na phil. movies pnaguusapan ntin... kya cguro d to maclose kc la clang naiintindihan... hehe... joke laughing out loud

laughing out loud natawa ako tlga d2 sa post mo, heheh.

Grabeh nga ung sa wowowee eh, unlike sa ibang bansa, mas may possible mag stampede pro dun sa mga concert or football games, shocking tlga un sad

mahilig k pla sa Fantaserye, pro lam ko mas mganda ung fx ng Exodus compared dun sa iba.

JaehSkywalker
mulawin ako! wahahaha!
la lng.... grabe nga un eh, sheesh! yun na lng blita sa news.. ang boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.........................................

wa ako ibng mapanuod... nu ba yan....

mssharrow
a lot of things been happening in our country....
I like to watch movie sana to atleast relax my mind, ala nmn ko maisip panoorin sa mga movies ntin. sad

JaehSkywalker
actually d ako fans ng movies sa tin eh... minsan mxadong corny rin....

mssharrow
it's true, pro lam mo prang mas maga ganda p ung mga digital movies, don't really know if that's how it is called.

JaehSkywalker
?? pro cguro if we have the same technology as the other countries, magiging great ang movies natin...

super pr*xy
it's not that we don't have the technology. pwede naman i-import mula sa ibang bansa yung mga hi tech na gamit sa pag-gawa ng movies eh. mahal nga lang at wala sa budget.

mssharrow
and even if there's a budget, still they were having a second thought on having those latest technology, since the movie industry is somewhat dying??

Bka ndi mkabawi sa nilabas n budget.
napag iiwanan nga tyo.

JaehSkywalker
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! panu ung mga gifted dyan??? we really need to improve our movies. If we could just (i mean they) think of something....

mssharrow
we really need to improve big grin
magging phil. movie fanatics k b kung sakali stick out tongue

JaehSkywalker
cnu? ako? kung ako bka malabo yun!! hehe... how bout you??

mssharrow
heheh, malabo b n mging fanatics k?
for me, ewan ko lng din, pro once n ngustuhan ko ung 1 movie, I can't get over with it for at least 3 months cguro big grin .

JaehSkywalker
well, feel ko labo un eh.... well, Star WArs palang ang movie na kinaaadikan ko hehe... more than 3 months na!! eek! hehe!!

Jury
High quality films lang natin dito eh yung mga Romance and Family movies ng Star Cinema, etc. because of its original morals and strategy. Since they are internationally distributed na rin, we can say that na-improve tayo doon.

Medyo convincing na rin ang mga Horror and Thriller movies natin pero poor pa rin tayo sa special effects. Pero hindi pa ako nako-convince sa Fantacy films natin. Let's face the fact, may kamahalan ang CGI at other computer-related tactics. Okay? Hindi tayo nawawalan ng mga creative artists pero pinagta-tyagaan natin ang kung ano lang ang kaya natin. That's why very limited lang ang effects na pwedeng i-project at i-apply nila. Kaya nagiging corny na minsan.

Btw, hindi rin ako proud samga movies na napakaobvious na ang artistic concept ay based from the foreign like Mummy, LOTR, X-Men, Spider-Man, Harry Potter. Blame the producers and directors for that. wala silang originality.

smile

mssharrow
true....
u know alot pg dting sa phil movie. wink
kya nga ung mga mggling n creative artist ntin, ibng bansa n ang nkkinabang sa mga talents nila, kc medyo boring n ang phil. movie industry & maliit p ang mga offer sa knila. sad

Jury
True. Nakakasawa naman kasi kapag hindi ka nag-iimprove la lo na sa field kung saan ka magaling, di ba? Better opportunity nga talaga ang nag-eexist sa labas ng bansa.

Who knows, mga creative talents pala ng mga sikat na foreign films pinoy din. Hehe. cool

Wala pa akong alam na marami except sa pinay na nagcreate ng Finding Nemo at The Incredibles. Nakakaproud nman kasi kapag may nakikita kang Filipino concept sa foreign films gaya na lang ng bahay kubo sa Nemo at ang "tiyanak" sa Incredibles. Hehe

Not only that. Marami na ring Filipino artists ang naging bahagi at bahagi pa rin ng sikat na mga Comic industries gaya ng Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, etc.

Computer graphics na rin ang comics ngayon sa ibang bansa, hindi gaya natin... Traditional pa rin. Local pa nga lang, hindi na sumisikat. Hehe. Buti na lang may Komiks teleplay ang ABS-CBN. Para hindi sila tuluyang maglaho.

Btw, ang Magic Temple nga pala noon na-aapreciate ko pa ang effects. Nevermind the casting. cool

Afterall, kahit ganun ang Philippine films natin pagdating sa special effects... I'm still proud to be Pinoy. cool

hermione7
nagayon ko lang nakita 2ng thread na 2 ah...

wehehe malayo pa maging maganda ang graphics ca phil. movie... ngayon pa nga lang they're concentrating on digital movies eh un pa kayang may mga effects... pero come to think of it kahit di ko pinanood ung mulawin ganda ng special effects sa trailer

pero more on romance ako sa star cinema... so un

Jury
I'm not really into Romance films... Depende siguro sa story. Common kasi ang iba at parallel lang ang storylines. Mas prefer ko yung Family Drama at Society-related films like Tanging Yaman, Magnifico, Abakada Ina, Anak, Mila, Bagong Buwan, Muru-Ami, and the likes. Napaka-relevant kasi ng moral at message ng bawat istorya.

I-include ko na rin yung Nasaan Ka Man, Got 2 Believe, Kailangan Kita. Hehe. Pasensiya na, loves ko kasi si Claudine. cool

soulwinner
I like Star Cinema galing ng mga special effects nla. smile

Kmausta na kayo? it's been a while since, I've been here in KMC.

soulwinner_marissa

mssharrow
claudine is one of the most prize talent ng abs. Mgaling sya tlga, khit cno itambal sa kanya.

hello marissa & hermione7.

Wala pa akong alam na marami except sa pinay na nagcreate ng Finding Nemo at The Incredibles. Nakakaproud nman kasi kapag may nakikita kang Filipino concept sa foreign films gaya na lang ng bahay kubo sa Nemo at ang "tiyanak" sa Incredibles. Hehe
Btw, ang Magic Temple nga pala noon na-aapreciate ko pa ang effects. Nevermind the casting. cool

oo nga, diko sure kung san ko cla npanood ng nagkaron ng interview dun sa mga pinoy who's working behind the success of this animated movies.

what about magic temple? diko sya mtandaan eh embarrasment

soulwinner
Hello din Mssharow smile I also like Claudine in fact she's my favorite Actress in Philippine Cinema. Magaling sya.Teka taga saan ka ba? smile

Jury
claudine is one of the most prize talent ng abs. Mgaling sya tlga, khit cno itambal sa kanya.

hello marissa & hermione7.

oo nga, diko sure kung san ko cla npanood ng nagkaron ng interview dun sa mga pinoy who's working behind the success of this animated movies.

what about magic temple? diko sya mtandaan eh embarrasment

Magic Temple is about the three prophesied kids... etc. Alam mo na yun. Hehe

mssharrow
heheh, ndi ko p rin sya matandaan big grin
Pro I agree dun sa cnbi mo about movies for family drama, mas touching.

Originally posted by soulwinner
Hello din Mssharow smileTeka taga saan ka ba? smile

from manila po, ikaw sa bacolod diba?

soulwinner
Hello mssharrow smile

yep, I'm from Bacolod, malapit lng pala.Hehehe.. alam tagal ko d nakapag post d2 .You know busy nga sa blog sites... sino ba sa inyo may myspace or friendster or any blogs. Para ma add ko naman kayu? smile

soulwinner_marissa

Jury
My Yahoo! ID is in my profile!cool

Jarshewa
My moms from the phillipines,and i was wondering if there are any good filipino movies i vcould have acess to in the state

JaehSkywalker
well, lam nio ung Encatandia at Majika? ganda sana ng concept nung story, pero halatang ginaya ang LOTR at HP. Nakakainis minsan, pero ok lang din minsan kasi I like the story. Magaling naman tayo gumawa sa storya, ung effects lang talaga at minsan walang originality gano... halatang ginaya.

favorite ko si Angel Locsin! hehehe....

Jarshewa: You're a Fil-Am? cool! well, ask them.. I dunno a lot about fil movies. DO you know how to speak tagalog/filipino?

YiM ko.. hmmm... nsa profile ko din ata... hehe...

Jury
Originally posted by Jarshewa
My moms from the phillipines,and i was wondering if there are any good filipino movies i vcould have acess to in the state
What genre do you prefer? Action? Forget it. cool Fil action films are very disappointing. True. yes

Jury
well, lam nio ung Encatandia at Majika? ganda sana ng concept nung story, pero halatang ginaya ang LOTR at HP. Nakakainis minsan, pero ok lang din minsan kasi I like the story. Magaling naman tayo gumawa sa storya, ung effects lang talaga at minsan walang originality gano... halatang ginaya.

favorite ko si Angel Locsin! hehehe....

Jarshewa: You're a Fil-Am? cool! well, ask them.. I dunno a lot about fil movies. DO you know how to speak tagalog/filipino?

YiM ko.. hmmm... nsa profile ko din ata... hehe...
Well, what's new with GMA Kapuso? ... FACT: They're all-time copycats.

cool

soulwinner
so far, d na ata ako nanonod ng mga peilkula kasi naman sa sobrang busy sa work.

soulwinner_marissa

soulwinner
mukhang mas addict ako sa computer kesa sa tv.

soulwinner_marissa cool

Jury
gambit2

Jury
shifty

mssharrow
Originally posted by soulwinner
mukhang mas addict ako sa computer kesa sa tv.

Yeah, It seems that way, I can see that big grin

JaehSkywalker
wag ka naman ganyan jury! actually mas gusto ko pa nga shows dun kaysa 2!

mas gusto ko ang computer at movies.. sa tv pag wala na talaga ako magawa...

mssharrow
as of me, I'm not into 2 or 7 fanatic thing big grin . there's a show I watch in 2 & 7 also. coz in that way I can see both side the best program they can offer and also the best of their talents.

What's important is that they entertain the televiewers. smile

Jury
For me kasi, kapag wala akong napapansin na something new and different sa isang show, hindi ko na siya pinapanood. I tried to watch Encantadia before but because of the LOTR styles niya, nagiging corny na. Yung ibang shows, nakita ko na rin sa ABS-CBN. Halata ang panggagaya. laughing out loud Gusto mo isa-isahin ko pa eh. cool

Sample:

Bakit ba nagkaroon ng...

Bubble Gang Jr.? --- dahil sa Goin' Bulilit.
Mahiwagang Baul? --- dahil sa Wansapanataym
SOP Gigsters? --- dahil sa ASAP Fanatics

etc. laughing out loud

...at paano nauso ang mga Fantasy series?

Dahil sa Marina hindi ba?

cool Konti pa lang yan.

JaehSkywalker
^ feech.. yaan mo na... sheesh!

waahh... ^_^

uy, nanonood ba kayo ng one cubed?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>