Questions....cont.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Sorry about the whole not answering thing.....I'll try to keep up.
anyway in answer to the whole on topic thing....simply ask ques wink

LadyEowyn
any kindsa questions?

queeq
Very good, LE, that IS indeed a question. big grin

finti
what is the meaning of life?

Dim
Why do we keep having these question threads if Julie doesn't ever really answer questions?.. It's getting kind of pointless I think.

ToMacco
I don't get it either.

Gundark
I don't think Julie has figured out this is a 24-7 board.

ToMacco
Let's ask her if she knows

Gundark
Okaydokey.

Hey Julie - did you know this is a 24-7 board ?

Hows that ?

ToMacco
That works.

Gundark
Its so nice to know I can be helpful.

yerssot
not nice of y'all, she TRIES to answer it, if she could answer everthing she would be God...wich is impossible since I'm already him

Gundark
Hello, thats blasphemy if I'm not mistaken....

queeq
That's quite a common thing to say for people who are committed in an asylum, Gun.

finti
yeah you should know all about that

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Julie always answered MY questions. I don't see people's problem with this. And she already gave an answer about the meaning of life, whether it pleased you or not.

What do you think of (real-life) cloning, Julie?

yerssot
and what about black lightsabres?

Gundark
When a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound ?

queeq
I think not. I mean... why bother. big grin

Julie
See you guys are getting good at asking ques smile
ok now to the questions:
Yes, you can ask any ques....preferably nonperverted roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, I realize it is a 24-7 forum....but unfortunately I can only get on once in awhile b/c of school and softball sad ....weekends are easier, but no everyday responses are promised...I'll do my best wink

Meaning of life - as Ush said, I answered this.....catechism ans is to glorify God...however if you aren't a Christian it make little sense to you....feel free to PM me if you want me to elaborate

Real-life cloning - hmmm that's a bit harder, I believe it is good for certain medical advances such as ....growing of a new heart from a person's DNA to replace a weakened one......but as to cloning a seperate human being for labor or whatever else people want clones for....I disagree. Mankind cannot play God....so its dangerous to try.

Black lightsabers....sounds cool good for a spy, I personally wouldn't choose one b/c it not really my color, but you might have a prob building one ...in physics we're learning about color...to make a black lightsaber you'd need a crystal that absorbs all color... wink

Tree falls - it does make a sound....sound is just vibrations that bounce around in a person's ear so they can hear it....if a tree falls sound waves will be sent out whether or not there is someone around

BTW prob not going to get to be here b/c of a game, but I'll try...keep ques up cool

Ushgarak
"Play God." I always found that rather an odd term. It's insinuating that we have somehow 'stolen' a right from God. Moral or immoral, I don't see why cloning is any more playing God than using medicine to save people that otherwise would die.

I would imagine that if it was 'truly' playing God, it wouldn't be possible for us. Not that that necessarily makes it right.

LadyEowyn
in my opinion i think cloning has no relativity with god directly.
its just a test of science...as long as theyre not mutilating aminals or people, its fine with me.

but i have a question myself, whats the entire point of cloning?

queeq
Well, it has to do with playing God if you believe in God. After all, by cloning you are beginning to determine how, what and with what features life is to be made and doing it. So yes, that is playing God. If you don't believe God is a creator then it doesn't make sense maybe. Because then man is essentially god himself. And he's making a mess of things.

finti
making pancakes too

Gundark
Well they can clone a human but it won't possess a soul. I would think it would be rather robotic in "nature". Tom thinks the aliens are looking for our souls because they don't have any. Thats why they keep abducting people and doing wierd shit to them.

yerssot
so, for the heart it's suddenly not playing god?

finti
oh ???? I see she has done it in a later reply than yours

yerssot
in another thread finti

Ushgarak
Yes, Finti, she answered that question when asked before.

I still do not see this idea that it is 'playing God'. That strikes me as a very tenuous opinion. I don't see how it is any more playing God than any other facet of science. We already massively manipulate the environment around us; genetics is no different.

Thomas H
For a long time i HAVE been woundering what RPG ment?
The only RPG I know of is Rocked proppeled greanade!

LadyEowyn
i agree with ush. its just a scientific experiment. its like saying that a scientist who cloned the atoms of an element is 'playing god'. i only see the cloning of LIFEFORMS such as animals and humans as a big thing

Gundark
RPG is Role Playing Games.

ToMacco
No offense, Jules. . . but what makes you so qualified to answer all these questions?

yerssot
if I look at you for a start, I know she's smarter then you

ToMacco
confused

Huh?

yerssot
ok ... basicly =

Todumb
Jusmart

ToMacco
yersucks

yerssot
did you made that one all by yourself?

ToMacco
It makes more sense than Todumb and Jusmart.

yerssot
I needed to keep it simple for you, remember?

mah
this is the 'To and yerss throws insults at eachother' -day!big grin

yerssot
he's drunk, he can't help it

finti
and your excuse?

yerssot
look at my title, it's my job!

mah
and you're doing it great! big grin

yerssot
I wacko to please big grin

Ushgarak
I don't think Julie is actually claiming oracle status here.

Gundark
Okay here's one Lex Luther already asked.

Why does the phone always ring when you're in the bathtub ?

finti
cause big brother is watching you evil face evil face

queeq
And if you're a pretty girl, finti is. big grin

Julie
Alright...stick with me here people.:

What make me think I'm qualified to answer these ques - simple...I am willing to do so wink

Why phone rings whilest your in the bath tub? - not really sure..I usu take showers wink .... though I think it's more of a psychological mindset that you only remember that the phone is ringing while you are in the bathtub b/c it inconveniences you.

......"playing God" - I'm sorry that my terminology was the cause of much confusion....let's return to the ques of cloning - Keep in mind that science is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't explain everything....(some things take faith...another story...) Cloning life forms....I believe would be wrong.....cloning tissues to help the many people on this earth that I believe is where the "miracle" of science known as cloning comes in to play.

BTW I got the term "playing God" from an english class discussion on Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.....Dr. Frankenstein created a machine that could bring a person back to life, but it backfired and everything turned out chaotic...and everyone the doctor cared about got hurt....

Ushgarak
Personally I'd reject that analysis. I still do not believe that creating or modifying any form of life artificially is 'playing God'. But I am sure many others do not agree with me.

Meanwhile... do you think there is a link between computer games and violence?

yerssot
got that question on one of my tests smile

mah
that's a very interesting topic. PS2 game 'Grand theft auto 3' was tried to get banned, people thought it was too cruel. that didn't succeed, but the game State of Emergency was stopped before it had come to the country.
this is madness IMO, if one doesn't see the fiction of these games they must be pretty 'special' already.

yerssot
you could talk for ages about this all

Julie
I agree with Mah that it is a very interesting topic and with Yerssot that you could talk for ages on this sub....here's m,y opinion: (question : link b/t video games and violence)

I believe that there is only a minor link, if any, b/t video games and violence. People make their own decisions, and therefore, they are responsible for such actions. Crimes have been a part of every society since the "Fall of Man"..... meaning that violence has been a problem long before there was even electricity and indoor plumbing roll eyes (sarcastic) so obviously video games couldn't have influenced crimes and violence back before they even existed. Sin is the cause of violence, and it has plagued Earth for centuries. (You know spending hours playing video games leaves one tired....tiredness could lead to anger and irritability....not really violence) Blaming video games for the negative impact upon youth is probabbly accurate, but saying that it leads people to commit crimes is just another way to turn blame from oneself.....

On the other hand, such games that promote hate or blatant violence (with impunity) sould probably not exsist. Sure they're cool to play, but there are probably better ways people could spend their time...like reading books smile I love playing video games.

It's late so my answer may not be entirely articulate, but I'll be back tomorrow to try to clear up any confusion wink

yerssot
It's proven that some people loose their sense of reality with media-reality, THAT's the problem.

Ushgarak
Throwing around words like 'proven' won't help anything, yerss. I think you will find that studies in this area are very contradictory and confused and nothing is for certain. "Some studies have shown" would have been a better thing to say.

Julie, do you think the RATE of violence among young people in your country is increasing? And if so, what do you blame, if not the media and computer games?

yerssot
Bobo Doll studies in 1967

Ushgarak
Ooh, how very modern...

Julie
That's a hard question, Ush. I agree that the rate of violence among young people in America is on the rise. I blame sin...which has always existed...and entropy.....things are bound to get worse before the "end times"
Violence is a part of human nature....
I DO condemn video games and media for glorifying violence, (generalization here) they don't give an accurate picture of the consequences of violence....but real life crimes are still the responsibility of the people who commit them.

Ushgarak
Ah, but violence has been worse in the past. So it has since gotten better but then gotten worse again. If it's just entropy, why does it fluctuate, rather than just getting worse and worse?

finti
oh man, just as you dont blame society roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
What the hell is a Bobo doll ?

ToMacco
I don't know. Bobo, Mr. Burns bear?

Yes, video games effect children: Ever since I played Super Mario Brothers I like to hit my head on bricks, and eat mushrooms; afterward thinking that turtles and flying fish are chasing me.

mah
laughing out loud

Edna Witch
Do you find lots of hidden places inside suspicious looking pipes too to?

yerssot
doll of 1.80m, they perform mouth-to-mouth practice on it

Thomas H
Thats the best comment of the year!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic)
*no comment*
Like I said...I mostly blame sin for the violence that exists in the world......

Ushgarak
So the rate of sin is increasing, is it?

LadyEowyn
i think it is. especially with the kids between 15-20 (im not saying everyone in this range is bad) i mostly think its because they like to disobey their parents, but also the media crams stuff in their heads

Julie
There is no "rate of sin" ........as I can see anyway....it just exists. the Lady has a point about people wanting to rebel.....(big generalization) generations have a habit of rebelling agains authority.....prob is that with everyone wanting to be "different" people end up making the same mistakes wink

Ushgarak
Ok, if there is no rate of siin, we are still left with the original problem... what is causing the INCREASE in violence?

ToMacco
Increase in population.

finti
decrease in the respect of otherpeoples lives and properties

Ushgarak
To, like I said earlier, we are talking about rates, not just straight numbers, so increase in population doesn't explain it on its own.

Thane Zereil
I'd love the job of answering questions it sounds fun however it has to be realised that many questions do not hold a single true answer, simply opioned answers.....

Gundark
I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on that one.

Dim
And there's alot of stupid questions out there too..

finti
oh really?

Gundark
Like why doesn't George buy some new flannels ?

BAN-ONE MCGUINN
sounds like an ad for Radio Shack to me ..... laughing out loud

Julie
teachers used to say that the only dumb ques was an unasked ques wink

Ushgarak
THAT was asking for trouble...

Julie
yes...I often wonder why teachers would do something like that to themselves....."no ques is good ques" would be my motto if I were a teacher

Ushgarak
"Why oh why oh why did I ever chose to be a teacher?" would be mine.

queeq
And the answer is...?

Gundark
Why do bratty boys like to scratch their fingernails down the blackboard ?

queeq
Because it's fun to do and it doesn't bother us as much as the girls.... evil face

Gundark
*cringes just thinking about it*

Where's Julie ? I have another question !

Ushgarak
Stupid real life getting in the way of board business again, I'll be bound!

LanceWindu
Julie comes in like once a day or once every two days. Sometimes she actually visits more than one time a day though.

yerssot
between homework, school and... err... volleybal was it?

LanceWindu
Softball

yerssot
well... YOU should know it better anyway

LanceWindu
Why is that?

yerssot
because you know eachother well from the lit section

LanceWindu
Oh I thought you were trying to get at something else.

yerssot
what? what???

LanceWindu
That there was something more mine Julie's and mine's relationship.

yerssot
I wouldn't dare insinuate such things

LanceWindu
Whatever.

yerssot
really?

LanceWindu
I think you would. Why else would you be here?

Ushgarak
Oooh, true.

Julie
Yerssot is everywhere....fortunately and a bit unfortunately big grin

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

yerssot
I aim to disturb

LanceWindu
No you try to aim but you just miss the toilet.

yerssot
http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/otn/shocked/smilygifs436.gif

LanceWindu
See look at that!

You fell right in!

yerssot
so I DIDN'T miss! stick out tongue

LanceWindu
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
He finally found a way. I'll tell the cleaning lady she doesn't have to come in every 30 minutes anymore.

yerssot
but now you need to train To !!

LanceWindu
Just give him Pull-Ups. "He's a big kid now"

yerssot
I wouldn't say that already!

Julie
What happened to asking ques?....
With To and Yerssot around every thread gets hit with a silly stick!!!!!

yerssot
really? I thought there was a sign with " no violance" here?

Captain REX
Yes, it does get stick, but it also gets sick. j/k Julie.

I have a question:

Why does Yerssot like Lara, a girl he's never even met?

LanceWindu
Cause he's weird

Captain REX
Good, next question...

Where does LanceWindu's uncle and the girl I like live (the state)?

yerssot
cause she's nice and sweet?

LanceWindu
Nevada!

finti
what girl????

Viva Las Vegas smile

Julie
That is one question I have absolutely no clue how to answer so I'll wait for someone else to answer wink

LanceWindu
It's already been stated,

Las Vegas, Nevada.

Gundark
Why are there directions on a container of talcum powder ?

yerssot
why are the instructions of folding a box on the INSIDE?

Gundark
*waits for Julie*

yerssot
*waits for AOTC*

Gundark
Yes that too of course.

yerssot
and in the same line I'll also be waiting for:

a new car, Ep III, a new home, lots of money, a movie about the most wonderfull person around... me big grin

Gundark
But EP3 is going to be so....depressing in a way. The end of the saga. At least on screen. I want that movie to go SO SLOW.....

yerssot
every generation has a downfall
every journey has a last step
every saga has an ending

mechmoggy
Every cloud has a silver lining?

finti
so does your underwear Mech

mechmoggy
I don't wear any underwear!?!?!

As well you know from the extensive amount of times its been discussed in this very forum. stick out tongue

Gundark
His boys should stay in their neighborhood.

finti
you dnt wear any underwear so what is that silver lining then??? eek!

mechmoggy
Oooooh that!

I've wrapped my testicles in silver foil. embarrasment

finti
you want brass balls or.......

queeq
Brass sounds heavy...

finti
balls sometimes are, atleast for those who have waited for a long time to ehhh ..... evil face

queeq
Mech must have waiting a long time.

finti
poor MRS MEch eek!

Dim
I don't know..if he's been waiting then she's been waiting too..

queeq
True. So who is the problem here you think? Does Mech suffer from lifting problems?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>