Jobbernaut(current Juggernaut) vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
I know Thing is no match for oldschool Juugernaut, but who would win if they fought in their current forms? I hope everyone knows that Juggy currently is not as powerful as he used to be but is still a powerhouse.

Betageuze
how strong is current Juggernaut ? ? ?

100 ton class or beneath ?

juggernaut74
According to the X-men Handbook(2004) it has his strength at a 7 which is the highest. It still says that he is not as strong but still has a unknown limit.

Betageuze
its hard to say.... but i would go with the Thing...

he has given Hulk such great fights... who has did such great battles ... can also stand up against a weaker Juggernaut

jrodslam
Well in the X-Men comics with Havok, Iceman, Polaris, Wolverine, Gambit, Rouge, before Juggy went into the black hole, he was barely able to lift Colossus weight. Thats around 70 tons i believe. So it would be a very close battle.

Cosmic Cube
Colossus weighs nowhere near 70 tons.

kgkg
Juggernant can never be beat by colossus i repeat NEVER.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Colossus weighs nowhere near 70 tons.

colossus' weight...as in the amount of weight colossus can lift

jrodslam
Originally posted by Wynndar
colossus' weight...as in the amount of weight colossus can lift

Yea. CC I wasnt talking about how much Colossus weighs. I was reffering to lifting capacity. Juggernaut was training and he was struggling to lift Colossus lvl weight.

juggernaut74
Actually now that I think about Havok told Juggernaut that he wasnt at Colossus' level yet. And I do believe that to be 100 tons if not more.

Cosmic Cube
Colossus can lift 100 tons maximum, not 70. Nowadays, it could possibly be more.

K3VIL
Colossus can lift 100 tons maximum, not 70. Nowadays, it could possibly be more.
Colossus is a low rank of Class 100 Strenght, he can lift around 140/170 Tons, and Juggy is slightly under him or on par with him.
Anyway the good Juggy is a great char, so I hope they bring him back

Victor Von Doom
Why 'Jobber'naut? It's Juggernaut, regardless of downgrades.

Thing would take him I think.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Why 'Jobber'naut? It's Juggernaut, regardless of downgrades.

Thing would take him I think. The same reason there's pre-crisis, post-crisis, and prime for Superman.

And yes, I too think Thing has this one.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The same reason there's pre-crisis, post-crisis, and prime for Superman.

And yes, I too think Thing has this one.

Those are either official designates, or era-specific tags though.

He isn't now called 'Jobbernaut'.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Those are either official designates, or era-specific tags though.

He isn't now called 'Jobbernaut'. I'll call the office tomorrow and get "Jobbernaut" sanctioned for the official title of Juggernaut's weakned good guy period.

juggernaut74
Well Juggernaut fans call him that and do what you will. I personally think Ben gives him a brawl better than my sig. shows. Juggy was still powerful enough to take on Alpha Flight by himself, actually he quit fighting and let them win.

kgkg
juggernaut74 you posted this having the result of the battle.

haha that was a quick victory , what was it one punch or was it two??

juggernaut74
Well those pics are oldschool Juggy and it was two hits. The fight I posted was the current Juggernaut which could have a diff. outcome.

kgkg
why current jugs is that weak??

From what i heard he is a match for Hulk so no way Ben can win

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by kgkg
why current jugs is that weak??

From what i heard he is a match for Hulk so no way Ben can win Have you ever played a video game where there's a really powerful enemy that eventually joins your team? Notice how when he's a good guy he's much weaker than he was as an enemy?

kgkg
i see it always.

in cartoon , etc

and also there first aperance is always better , the more they are shown the weaker they get (somehow)

Tony Stark
The THING takes care of the present day JUGGS. Pretty easily to i might add. Ben's strength and size have increased and Marko's has decreased. And Ben's always been the better fighter. THING wins. IMO

savagerampage
Thing may take this one. given juggernauts great power decrease, though he may still be able to beat thing.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The THING takes care of the present day JUGGS. Pretty easily to i might add. Ben's strength and size have increased and Marko's has decreased. And Ben's always been the better fighter. THING wins. IMO I keep hearing that Thing has increased in size and strength. Well in June the FF Handbook comes out and then we will settle this once and for all. I know in the 2004 encyclopedia he is still listed at 6'0" and 500lbs. His strength is a 6 which 85 tons falls into.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I keep hearing that Thing has increased in size and strength. Well in June the FF Handbook comes out and then we will settle this once and for all. I know in the 2004 encyclopedia he is still listed at 6'0" and 500lbs. His strength is a 6 which 85 tons falls into.

In one of the recent WIZARD magazines i'm not sure which month, but the have the newest MARVEL UNIVERSES stats. The THING is now 6'8" 1500lbs.

And per Reed they are all continually changing, the cosmic rays are at all times mutating their bodies Ben is always growing in size and in strength, Reed is able to stretch further, Jonnie's flames are getting hotter, Sue's force field Etc. is always getting harder, or more dense.

Reed did not come up with an exact # for Ben's strength, but said that he was considerably stronger than the last test of strength for him. And that he must be at more than 90 Tons now, and that they would do further testing.

I haven't seen anything more about it after that.

crazyspinz
there is no way the thing takes it, he is over rated (ima get killed for this)

current juggy is about equil if not real close to current colossus, who is much stronger, more durable and all around better than the thing.

there i said it

snoopdogg
Well I think that Juggy may be still too much for Thing to handle. He took on Alpha Flight by himself like someone stated earlier(actually he let the Canadians win). And he beat Rhino rather easily also in his depowered form.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by crazyspinz
there is no way the thing takes it, he is over rated (ima get killed for this)

current juggy is about equil if not real close to current colossus, who is much stronger, more durable and all around better than the thing.

there i said it

Tell that to The Champion... He will then laugh very hard and then headbutt you with his huge forehead.

laughing out loud

K3VIL
Current Juggernaut is still above both Colossus and Thing.
After all he was able to brawl with a "New Juggernaut", a boy that killed animals near the X-Mansion, that was transformed into a new Juggernaut, obviously stronger and tougher than Cain, but Cain still stomp him through an entire neighbourhood causing massive damage.
That issue was cool, She-Hulk says that yes, she's strong and Cain is the Juggernaut, but that guy was too much for them.They need a strategy.And Cain answers:
I've got the strategy.
I kick him from here to Westchester(translated from my italian comic book).
Anyway that issue shows that even with half of his powers and without the force field, Juggy is still strong, and the Thing isn't in his league.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Tony Stark
In one of the recent WIZARD magazines i'm not sure which month, but the have the newest MARVEL UNIVERSES stats. The THING is now 6'8" 1500lbs.

Your right Wizard did have an article on that subject but it was the Ultimate Universe characters and not the mainstream ones. Thing is bigger in Ultimate FF.

Wynndar
Juggernaut took Alpha flight...thats coo...Thing took the Avengers...

they r totally different kinds of characters...in the past juggernaut never had anything but his powers...he didnt have skills or heart like the Thing...he jus won by being empowered by external forces...now that he is weaker and vulnerable there is nothing he has on Grimm.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Wynndar
Juggernaut took Alpha flight...thats coo...Thing took the Avengers...

Actually Juggy was beating Alpha Flight. Anybody can take somebody on so that dont help here.

Colossus-Big C
current juggs was struggle to lift a weight under colossus max
he still class 100 but current colossus lifts about 750-3000 tons

Bentley
Thing splits him in half.

Now, more seriously, I've no idea of Jugg's powerlevel.

ankur29

current colossus lifts 750 tons minimum if his weight is 500lbs and 3000 tons if his weight is about a ton (as he has been referenced to weigh on panel) as his strength was cited as 1.5 tons per lb of weight by a nimrod

hence 750 - 3000 ton range

thing ftw 7/10

Uriel005
Juggs has always been a brawler. Thing is a bit more economical in hitting things. Wrong pic sry.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by ankur29
current colossus lifts 750 tons minimum if his weight is 500lbs and 3000 tons if his weight is about a ton (as he has been referenced to weigh on panel) as his strength was cited as 1.5 tons per lb of weight by a nimrod

hence 750 - 3000 ton range

thing ftw 7/10 wikipedia or some bio i read said colossus is now signifintly stronger than thing idk if thats true but have they had a lift contest or something?
i know depowerd juggs was still class 100 but struggling to lift a weight not even at colossus max

Bentley
Did they say "significantly stronger than Thing"? Scans?

Lord Paragon
Jobbernaught lol

Don't get me wrong I am the biggest Juggernaught fan, I hate to see what the writers at Marvel are doing to him.

It's like what the writers at WWE did to Kane for all those years.

But in his current form Juggernaught could still take Thing or Colussus.

But in his prime and max power which is limitless he has no equal not even Hulk.

Even the Marvel writers admitted as much

Mshinu
Current Juggs should still be able to take Thing, but Ben will make him earn it.

-K-M-
Juggernaut was beating Alpha Flight? Interesting. Must have read another comic then you guys smile

I love old posts, as most of the time their just so wrong

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -K-M-
Juggernaut was beating Alpha Flight? Interesting. Must have read another comic then you guys smile

I love old posts, as most of the time their just so wrong almost as bad as your abuse of "they're".

stick out tongue

-K-M-
I'm happy with my lacking spelling and grammar skills.

So happy sad

Bentley
Originally posted by -K-M-

I love old posts, as most of the time their just so wrong

Maybe I'll start to talk about that time Diablo schooled Alpha Flight ermm

One of my favorite showings is when he's forced to escape prison and then they think he planned it and is sent to prison again.

-K-M-
Huh?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Bentley
Maybe I'll start to talk about that time Diablo schooled Alpha Flight ermm

One of my favorite showings is when he's forced to escape prison and then they think he planned it and is sent to prison again. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
it was funny that the AF friggin DIED against the collective, but that shit was pis

snowbird alone should have been a big obstacle

-K-M-
Snowbird wasn't there, but it was revealed Llan actually had a part in their deaths

psycho gundam
wait when?

-K-M-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wait when?

Last sentence

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/MysticArcana_TheBookofMagic2007_23.jpg

psycho gundam
that's just dirty

chomperx9
juggernaut wins

-K-M-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's just dirty

rumor is he is the one bringing Alpha Flight back from the dead too

rougeredmage
actually alpha flight is not dead they where all dupplicated by aliens and are in space helping rebuild their civilation

-K-M-
Originally posted by rougeredmage
actually alpha flight is not dead they where all dupplicated by aliens and are in space helping rebuild their civilation

Yeah Marvel ignored that, and said in the handbooks the temporal copies that were created disapeared and the real Alpha Flight died against the Collective.

Also Shaman made the temporal copies not the Plodex.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.