Most Overrated, Most Underrated, DC character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Overrated: Superman, God(He killed himself via Saint of Killers), Superman Prime(appears in like 2 or 3 comics, that's it)
Underrated: Spectre(He doesn't get enough credit), Sentinel Alan Scott(This guy doesn't get enough credit)

More to think of later.

Sentry
Overrated: Oh, I forgot Aquaman. His super strength wasn't getting him any respect, so they gave him telepathy powers on par with Professor X people have said. bull$h!t.

Sentry
Overrated: I also forgot about Batman. Batman with prep time can bring anyone down on these forums. Silver Surfer, The Juggernaut, The Gladiator... Beat anyone my A$$.

Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
For Some Reason... Batman Is Not Given His Due On This Forum... Every Forum That Includes Batman Hands Him Off As Some Two Bit Vigilante... The Man Can Take Anyone If He Puts His Mind To It... Just Give Him 1 Day... 1 DAY!!!!!!!!!

Fanboys like him give Bats to much credit.

stormfront13
i think spider-man is so overrated!!! i mean people talk about him like he can beat the flash and is as fast as him. also imo storm is completley underrated. the weather is super powerful and people don't realize that

stormfront13
oh whoops srry wrong thread

Gregory
Overrated: Batman. More by his fans than by the writers, but goddamn it, people, there's a reason why there are people on the JLA other than Batman, and it has to do with him not being to beat most major-league bad-guys alone, even with "prep-time."

Mainstream
perhap you guys aren't giving Batman his due...I mean for a guy without powers he's pretty cool

pr1983
Originally posted by Gregory
Overrated: Batman. More by his fans than by the writers, but goddamn it, people, there's a reason why there are people on the JLA other than Batman, and it has to do with him not being to beat most major-league bad-guys alone, even with "prep-time."

to a certain extent thats true...

its also true that without him they wouldnt defeat certain enemies...

Mainstream
Batman is a vital member of the JLA..sure they could run without him..but they run a hell of a lot better with him.

nigel45
Underrated: Flash (occasionally)- Yeah that Spiderman vs. Flash thread is a joke.
Underrated: Martian Manhunter- By people who really have no idea what he can do.
Overrated: Superman- He's great, he's powerful, but certain people give him too much credit.
Underrated: Aquaman- No matter how many times you tell them, people still think his telepathy only works on fish.

Mainstream
Aquaman can kick so much ass now!

wuTa
underrated-nightwing,arsenal

overrated-hal jordan, thats right...i said it....WHAT?!

Mainstream
Nightwing isn't really underrated...he's like the top former sidekick...and Arsenal right behind him

kgkg
Overrated:
Post- Darkseid - this guy gets too much credit , first beat someone at sups level than we will see.

Superman Prime- way overrated ; for most people haven't even read his comics and lots of claims are made.

Batman - now he can beat spiderman , hulk ? lol his good but people are making him god.

Spider-man- now spiderman can beat ; Flash , WW ? lol

X-men- most of the X-men's wins in fights they shouldn't.

GL: they lost agasin't DD . Now they can beat Galactus ? Please

Underrated:
Wonder Woman : she is close to superman but not lot of people respect her by putting her agaisn't shit character than she could murder. Wov , spiderman , she-hulk etc.

THanos: why are people putting him agasin't darkseid , Superman , Silver Surfer , X-men , Doom he is beyond them.

Martian Manhunter- he doesn't get credit for some reason.

Mainstream
Batman is cool dude.

wuTa
Originally posted by Mainstream
Nightwing isn't really underrated...he's like the top former sidekick...and Arsenal right behind him

oh i say he's underrated..even though he has own solo series he never really gets his due..alot of people still see him as a sidekick..obviously if your a batfan your not gonna think he's underrated but i'm talking in general...and arsenal is extremely underrated...he has his outsider comic but if you ask me i think he's well deserved of a solo serie

eleveninches
Most overrated (DC): John Stewart, Spectre,
Most underrated (DC): Sinestro, Aquaman, Flash, MartianManhunter, Alan Scott, Wonderwoman, Kyle Rayner,

Most overrated (Marvel): Spiderman, Hulk, Juggernaught, cyclops, wolverine, most other x-men, captain america,
Most underrated (marvel): Namor, Fantastic 4, Longshot, Scarlet Witch, iron man,

Mainstream
I got the last two issues of Outsiders..Roy fights Batman..who is really Deathstroke...I haven't read them put I look through them...if Batman dies then Dick will get his due.....everyone will want Dick...so to speak.
kenny

Draco69
The most underrated character in DC is most definitely Wonder Woman. She doesn't get respect from writers or readers. Thank God for Greg Rucka

Mainstream
Amen to that Bro-tha
I think in the comics..it's time Gar Logan aka Beast Boy get his due!

wuTa
Originally posted by Mainstream
I got the last two issues of Outsiders..Roy fights Batman..who is really Deathstroke...I haven't read them put I look through them...if Batman dies then Dick will get his due.....everyone will want Dick...so to speak.
kenny

i have those issues...you wont be disappointed..trust me....if batman dies dick better stay as nightwing...i'd be pissed if they made him batman

conner hawke is also underrated

Mainstream
I know...if Grayson becomes Batman..he'll have to reprove himself again.

manjaro
the most over rated dc charcter of all time is hal Jordan. everyone touts him as being the Greatest gl ever when in fact if you look at his earlier stuff the majority of his energy constructs were catchers mitts and boxing gloves and dumb shit like that. even for a little while when he teamed up with green arrow they both were in the 'hood taking down low life drug dealers, and im like how the f uck does this guy go from patrolling an entire galactic sector to knocking over drug pushers?

ive seen kyle rayner do some things that would boggle the mind like heal himself and others, uprooted the entire island of manhattan to prevent it from being flooded and ended up putting verything back itno place, drains pipes and electrical and everything, also taking on entire galactic armadas all by himself.

whereas the most astonshing feat ive ever seen hal do is create another Gl ring(the one he gave to John stewart) which leads me to my most underrated choice. John Stewart. nobody gives this guy any credit becuase A: he hasnt been in a whole bunch of comics, and B:they just dont want to admit that they dont like him cuz he is black. Also they forget that after hal gave him a ring, his will was so indomitable that he didnt even need lessons on how to make it work , he just fell into it just like that, like and old pro.

another overrated one is definatley Doom. beyonder allowed him to temporarily usurp his power so that he could prove a point and all of a sudden this guy cant lose to anybody....no matter what. that whole prep time thing.

the thing that ppl dont realize is if anybody is as smart and as a near unlimted resource such as he has they would do just as well against an opponent as he would so prep time doesnt hold much water with me.

Mainstream
I hate Jorden...I was always a Klye GL man myself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.