Darth Maul vS Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
It D. Maul and Wolverine in an all-out slug fest. You pick.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine 10 out of 10 in what can only be discribed as a one sided asss kicking

DigiMark007
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine 10 out of 10 in what can only be discribed as a one sided asss kicking

Actually it could be described lots of other ways.

Wolverine doesn't have the Force...if we wanted to translate that into Marvel terms, at least mid-level telekinesis and telepathy. Darth Maul picks up Wolvie with the Force (oh yes, he can do that) and drops him the height of a mountain. Wolverine would NOT survive.

What's to stop DM from doing that to Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan in Episode I, you ask? They have the Force.

This is basically a Wolverine vs. Jean-Grey-with-a-Lightsaber thread. And Jean wins.

-DM

srankmissingnin
... Except Jean Grey exponentially more powerful then Maul

The force is little to know help at all in melee combat, Jedi and Sith need consintration to use it and unlike some Cannon Fodder Droid/Storm Trooper, Wolverine wont be standing still long enough for Maul to use any force tricks. Once Maul is on the deffencive (which will be right of the start) he is out classed physically in every possible category.

DigiMark007
Ever seen (or read) Jedi pushing stormtroopers down a long hallway with the Force to get them out of the way? I have. Lots of times. To a Jedi, Wolvie's just a pissed off stormtrooper with some sharp knives. Force Push, run to Wolvie (enhanced through the Force like Qui-Gonn and Obi did in Episode I), Force Push, run, FP, run, rinse, repeat, until you're pushing Wolive off a cliff.

-DM

DigiMark007
And physically outclassed? Hardly. Mastery over The Force, in combat, is somewhat akin to a spider-sense...and is much better than just good reflexes (an example would be Luke blocking blaster fire with his lightsaber...and compared to Luke...well movie Luke at least...Darth Maul is a Jedi god)

-DM

srankmissingnin
Darth Maul will need to have his light sabre up to prevent him self from being skewered, he will not be able to force push anyone in combat much less a much target

Swanky-Tuna
Repeat thread

Plus any lightsabre blows to Wolverine would be powerful disabling. Even if it doesn't cut adamantium, 1 inch thick cauterized slices missing out of any part of his body isn't going to be helping him any.

juggernaut74
Dude Wolvies claws could cut the lightsaber in half.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Dude Wolvies claws could cut the lightsaber in half. This is true. Wolverine cuts energy blades in half all the time.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This is true. Wolverine cuts energy blades in half all the time. rock

Swanky-Tuna
rock When's the last time he's cut something made of energy in half permanently?

DigiMark007
You're also assuming that a Force Push can't be used in combat. It can, and has, been used many times. To levitate Wolvie and throw him around would probably take too much concentration, but just pushing him wouldn't...especially for a trained Jedi like DM...same with the speed running.

The reflexes alone that the Force enables one to have would be enough to avoid Wolvie for an indefinite period of time...but the Force Push and other Force uses puts it over the top.

-DM

P.S. Don't know if Wolvie would be able to sever a lightsaber...but imo it's a moot point.

Wynndar
imo its undeniable that maul has the advantage. he can avoid almost any attack from wolverine because the force allows him to anticipate wolverine's every move. they r both arguable at the peak of humanoid speed and strength. there is no evidence whatsoever that adamantium could cut ligthsaber, wouldnt really matter since its just arcs of gravitational energy, its not like they would be permanently cut. Adamantium has been damaged by high intenisty lasers and energy...so watch out for people arguing for wolverine's claws being cut. And i dont know what wolverine could do to defend himself from maul throwing him with the force.

Scoobless
Darth Maul would slice Wolverine to pieces..... it doesn't matter if he can or cannot cut through adamantium, he'll just slice all the organic parts of Wolvy away from the metal

Linkalicious
Wolverine is outclassed...

srankmissingnin
Where was the force push when Vader was getting pounded at by Luke? Where was the force push when Vader was fighting Obi-Won?
Where was the force push when Yoda fought Count Dooku?
Where was the force push when Qui-Gon fought Maul?

The only time the force push was used in anything close to during actual combat was by Maul on Obi-Won but there was a break in combat when he did it and wasn't fiending any attacks at the time! Sith and Jedi need at least some degree of consintration to preform force moves which is the reason the used them in melee combat.

Wolverine won't be able to hit Maul? My ass he wont! Oh, mild Jedi precog! I'm so impressed because you know it was soooooo help full when Vader was fighting Luke, who was had little to no force powers at the time and was just a guy with an energy sword.

Not sure where you guys get these crazy notions from (certainly not the movies, that much is for sure) but here is the truth, Jedi are golrified samurai with laser swords, low level tk, telepathy and nothing more.

Scoobless
Not sure where you guys get these crazy notions from (certainly not the movies, that much is for sure) but here is the truth, Jedi are golrified samurai with laser swords, low level tk, telepathy and nothing more.

and in the movies wolverine is just a guy with knives sticking out of his hand who gets knocked out quite often and can't smell the difference between Jean and Mystique

movies are not the only source of information on any of these characters

Swanky-Tuna
Srank, you don't expect two people using the same powers to not resist and hinder the other's use of it would you? When the jedi and sith fight it comes down to swords skills alone.

srankmissingnin
Luke had hardly any force powers when he first fought Vader yet he still gave him a good fight... hell the only reason Vader won was because he got the drop on him several times

EDIT: Most of the examples people use in SW threads come from the movies because it the most well known. You need to pick one Star Wars to argue for and since the movies are the most well known (and the only cannon star wars universe) I use them unless otherwises stated. Even comic Star Wars characters can't beat most street levels (they do stand a better chance though) so unless you want to go with Cartoon Clone Wars Jedi my oppinion doesn't change.

Swanky-Tuna
You go by a lot of jedi/sith fights but yoda's said the two sides don't mix well.

DigiMark007
Most Jedi fights have nothing to do with Force pushing or strangling with the Force, etc. because they can negate each other's power....and in Vader's case he could have killed Luke easily through the Force (kinda like the Emperor almost did), but he was inwardly conflicted....it was a compromising situation and shouldn't be used for this debate.

The lightsaber would also be able to hurt Wolvie bigtime...his skin isn't adamantium and his healing isn't instantaneous. Add that damage to the enahanced Jedi reflexes and DM wouldn't even need to Force Push Wolverine.

-DM

juggernaut74
Dude Wolvies claws could cut the lightsaber in half. I thought it would be obvious I was joking.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by DigiMark007

The lightsaber would also be able to hurt Wolvie bigtime...his skin isn't adamantium and his healing isn't instantaneous. Add that damage to the enahanced Jedi reflexes and DM wouldn't even need to Force Push Wolverine.

-DM

Do you have any idea of how many times Wolverine has been on fire? It doesn't even slow him down and he heals in seconds from being a scabby burnt mass.

juggernaut74
Do you have any idea of how many times Wolverine has been on fire? It doesn't even slow him down and he heals in seconds from being a scabby burnt mass. Wolverine cannot heal in seconds from severe burns like that. He has a tremendous healing factor but it is overrated. The Hulk maybe but not Wolverine. When Ord slashed his gut open in Astonsishing X-men #2 he was helpless on his knees only to be saved by that dragon thing. If Maul can slash his gut open which he most certainly can then Wolvine looses. By the way I like Star Wars and comic characters and I believe some of their characters can beat Marvels so just relax.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine rescues Elsa Dee (was that her name) from a fire and heals in seconds, Wolverine rescues little boy from fire then heads back in heals also heals in seconds, Wolverine is set on fire by Typhoid Marry once the fire goes out he heals in seconds, Wolverine, Emma and NC go to some fanatic church and Wolverine is set on fire and get this after the fire is out he heals in seconds. There was also an example when Wolverine was in the center of a huge explotion that level a castle and he walked out of the rumble. It took the Hulk somethinglike 8 seconds to heal from a skeleton I believe... or at least I think I remember something like that.

That Astonishing X-Men Arc was stupied look at any fight with Silver Samurai then tell me how a Ord dropped Wolverine. He has been stabbed through the next with out slowing down for Christ's sake.

juggernaut74
What about the time Maximus Lobo cut Wolverine up so bad Northstar had to use his superspeed to save him. Uncanny X-men #418 I believe.

srankmissingnin
Uncanny X-men 417 actually but we never even see the fight and it wasn't just Maximus Lobo Wolverine fought but him and a half dozen or so other Werewolf type guys. Even then Angle seems pretty sure Wolverine only lost because he underestimated them

juggernaut74
I am not saying anything about him loosing. I am saying his healing factor didnt "heal him in seconds" cause if it did Northstar wouldnt have had to rush him back to the mansion.

srankmissingnin
PSI my friend

Swanky-Tuna
Let's say Maul lands a slash across Wolverine's forearm. For no-bitching's sake, it doesn't cut the adamantium but it leaves a big strip of of missing tissue and both sides inside the wound are cauterized. How would that affect Wolverine?

juggernaut74
Well believe it or not but could lead to problems cause Maul is relentless and will not stand there and wait for it to heal. In the Handbook it says that a single bullet wound takes minutes to heal. All of the flesh on your forearm could take an hour to heal or more.

Wynndar
well i dont think it would take hours...but the most important thing to consider is that unlike Hulk who obtains his mass from a pocket dimension, or juggernaut who's powers r mystical...wolverine heals using simple protien synthesis...his healing has a limit...if he is repeatedly injured he will run out of protien and his healing factor will shut down...thats why he almost died of starvation out in the desert in wolverine #67 and his healing factor did shut down.

who?-kid
If Maul can slash his gut open which he most certainly can then Wolvine looses.
Not necessarily, the guy, even though he is overhyped I admit, can take incredible amounts of pain.

But the question isn't Can Wolverine survive this or that ?, but is Can Darth Maul survive an attack from Wolverine ?

Of course he can't. That's why Wolverine wins. He's much much more durable than Darth Maul, has more experience, and at least as fast as strong as Darth Maul.

FistOfThe North
I think the question is more: "Will D. Maul let Wolverine get close enough to get a hit off?" And the answer is no. Simply. And that's beside the fact that Maul is more aglie that Wolverine is. D. Maul would easily evade any close quarters attack coming from Wolverine. D. Maul has acrobatic skills compared to the those of Spiderman without the webbing I would say.

who?-kid
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I think the question is more: "Will D. Maul let Wolverine get close enough to get a hit off?" And the answer is no. Simply.
Wrong. When Darth Maul can cut Wolverine, it's not far fetched to assume he is close enough for Wolverine to do the same thing to Darth Maul.

For the moment, I stick to But the question isn't Can Wolverine survive this or that ?, but is Can Darth Maul survive an attack from Wolverine ?

Besides, you haven't answered this important question...

K3VIL
Originally posted by who?-kid
Wrong. When Darth Maul can cut Wolverine, it's not far fetched to assume he is close enough for Wolverine to do the same thing to Darth Maul.

For the moment, I stick to But the question isn't Can Wolverine survive this or that ?, but is Can Darth Maul survive an attack from Wolverine ?

Darth Maul telekinesis can certainly help him into shattering Wolverine into the scenario, while managing to cut off his hands, causing him major pains, and then slicing his gut.But can Maul survive a hit from Wolvie?Depends.Stabbed into the heart?No he can't.Into a leg, arm or chest?Yes he can.In the chest, depends on which area.But he wouldn't go down fast.

who?-kid
So when DM attacks, he will cut off the hands of Wolverine just like that (adamantium or no adamantium), but if Wolverine attacks, he will only stab DM - who basically is just a human - in the leg or arm or so ?

That's strange logic.

K3VIL
So when DM attacks, he will cut off the hands of Wolverine just like that (adamantium or no adamantium), but if Wolverine attacks, he will only stab DM - who basically is just a human - in the leg or arm or so ?

That's strange logic.
He's a Zabrak, not a human, plus a Sith warrior, his resistance to pain is far above that of a common man.

who?-kid
Originally posted by K3VIL
He's a Zabrak, not a human, plus a Sith warrior, his resistance to pain is far above that of a common man.
But his durability isn't. Or hardly.

K3VIL
But his durability isn't. Or hardly.
Yes, it isn't, but the Force will grant him to survive for a while even if hurted.

BootlegBoys420
Overrated As Wolverine Is... It Would Be A great Fight...
Wolvies Fast, Healie Wheelie Man...
And Mauls A Forcie Guy(LOL)
I Gotta Give It To Maul Though... Force Allows Him To See The Future... He Can Just Avoid Wolvies Attacks And Choke Him Up... Sith Style!!! LOL

FistOfThe North

1st of all,... who. Darth Maul's double-edged light saber is a pretty long in terms of its weapons length. If you stand it side by side with D. Maul, the weapon would be taller than Maul. And wolverine is shorter than D. Maul is. It is this reason why D. Maul can actually have a better chance at catching wolverine with the saber without being close enough for wolverine to attack. But lemme answer you questions...

There are more ways Wolverine can be killed by Darth Maul, then there are not. In some circumstances, wolverine can obviously recover from superficial wounds, which D. Maul wont' wait to heal.

And with D. Maul. Its highly unlikely that D. Maul would survive a mortal would, thats obvious but D. Maul is way to Agile to get caught. He fell to Obi's blade because of arrogance. A typical bad guy characteristic. And im sure that this would be his only weakness against wolverine. Other than that.

Wolvie would be minced into ground meat as much as I'd hate to say it. There is no way that Wolverine can fight better than D. Maul can. D. Maul is a humanoid Zabrak that posses the Dark side of the Force which is more aggressive and deadlier than the light of course, He is not only is he masterfully skilled with one lightsaber but with a double edged one. And he not only uses it skillfully but he also implements martial arts and acrobatic with his techniques.

Alpha Centauri
Can I just pose a few questions? Good.

Darth Maul is my favourite Star Wars character. By far the most original and menacing in my opinion. Not to mention the most skilled.

However, if he got sliced in two by an old man due to arrogance, how do you think he'll fare against a rabid beast that can heal and can't be broken?

Darth Maul's body isn't anything special. If Wolverine can avoid the lightsabre and deal him some fatal close range wounds, he'll win.

-AC

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

However, if he got sliced in two by an old man due to arrogance

-AC Which old man sliced him in two?

Alpha Centauri
Obi Wan Kenobi. I was thinking of the original one, my bad.

Old or not, he sliced him in two.

-AC

juggernaut74
Obi Wan Kenobi. I was thinking of the original one, my bad.

Old or not, he sliced him in two.

-AC Well I am gonna let you in on a sectret, Wolverine is no match for Obi-Wan-Kenobi.

Alpha Centauri
Pssst, well guess what....?

This thread is Wolverine Vs Darth Maul, Obi Wan isn't relevant wink.

Obi Wan sliced Darth Maul in half. Replace Obi with a mutant who owns uncanny agility, healing and an unbreakable skeleton. Add to the mix that he is a martial arts master too and has adamantium claws that could make coleslaw out of Maul.

IF he avoids the lightsabre and gets close, Maul is dead.

Funny how you keep swerving off topic when you know there's no chance you can win.

I like you though.

-AC

juggernaut74

This thread is Wolverine Vs Darth Maul, Obi Wan isn't relevant wink.

-AC Pssst, well guess what....? You brought up Obi-Wan.

Try and keep up.

Alpha Centauri
I brought him up, he isn't relevant to the two combatants in the fight, the thread title or the outcome.

It was an example. You set about trying to prove me wrong by claiming one of the combatants wouldn't beat a combatant not even in the fight.

Hence how you were irrelevant and I wasn't., smile.

-AC

juggernaut74
I brought him up, he isn't relevant to the two combatants in the fight, the thread title or the outcome.

It was an example. You set about trying to prove me wrong by claiming one of the combatants wouldn't beat a combatant not even in the fight.

Hence how you were irrelevant and I wasn't., smile.

-AC Do you ever admitt that you are wrong? Or just cover it up by saying something that nobody cares about.

Alpha Centauri
If I'm wrong of course.

Seeing as I'm not, you're irrelevant once again. Not to mention off topic and trying too hard.

Don't worry son, you'll get it one day. (You won't but I might aswell raise your hopes).

-AC

FistOfThe North
LOL !!! The both of you crack me up! Relax ...ILMAO Its just a thread guys. Lets stick to the topic before a vein pops outta my head. Im over here laughing hysterically at you 2. The topics Maul vS Wolverine. Not Obi Wan or Old Obi Wan or what he can do to Wolverine. Thats how a moderator closes posts. Aw.. my stomach ...lol

Alpha Centauri
Wait, so you tell us to relax and then tell us to calm down before a vein pops in your head?

It's not my problem that people can't keep on topic. Juggernaut74 is continually letting his opinion of me drag him in over his head.

You can't outsmart a smart ass.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Wait, so you tell us to relax and then tell us to calm down before a vein pops in your head?

It's not my problem that people can't keep on topic. Juggernaut74 is continually letting his opinion of me drag him in over his head.

You can't outsmart a smart ass.

-AC
I will admit, Alpha Centauri. You are one tuff cookie. Adamant.

Alpha Centauri
Thank you, I know I am.

-AC

juggernaut74
quote: (post)

This thread is Wolverine Vs Darth Maul, Obi Wan isn't relevant .

-AC
Pssst, well guess what....? You brought up Obi-Wan.

Try and keep up.

Alpha Centauri
Don't mind Juggernaut74, he tends to forget things.

*Whispers to Juggernaut74*

We've been over that part. I showed you up yet again.

Try and keep up...

.....no seriously, do try for real this time.

-AC

FistOfThe North
LOL !

h1a8
This thread isn't very good. There is no way for wolverine to win. To rip wolverine's throat from his body doesn't require concentration by a Sith Lord (not even in moving things that weigh tons.) Do people know what the Force is. With the Force the universe becomes an extension of you. You literary can not be hit by any non Force user. That is why they can block light beams without looking. Jedi also move fairly quickly. We only see them moving in human speed because we need to see what they are doing. Also Mual will easily kill wolverine without his Force. The Light Saber can cut through any substance in the universe except another Light Saber blade. This is the truth. Adamantium is also destructible. Any true comic fan knows this. The Light Saber will slice throught adamantium like tissue paper. Add in moving at the speed of sound and wolverine has no chance (even without the Force). They (true Jedi masters or Sith Lords) simply cannot be hit by a non force using being.

Swanky-Tuna
I brought him up, he isn't relevant to the two combatants in the fight, the thread title or the outcome.That post you made was kind of funny though... Obiwan isn't relevent, but here's my post using Obiwan as an example, but he still doesn't matter.

K3VIL
Obi-Wan isn't a valid example.
1.Because he's a key character in the SW History, it was obvious Maul wasn't going to kill Obi-Wan in the duel.
2.They let Obi-Wan winning the duel through making Maul acting with an excess of self confidence, Obi-Wan catch him not on the guard, and cut him in half.
Those are the facts.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That post you made was kind of funny though... Obiwan isn't relevent, but here's my post using Obiwan as an example, but he still doesn't matter.

Yeah I agree. It is funny, especially when you misquote me.

When you read my explanation though, it's slightly less humourous, all the more understandable.

He isn't impactful in the result of the fight, was my point. The point I also made was the occurance that Darth Maul got cut in half, regardless of who did it. it just so happened to be Obi-Wan. As a result, Juggernaut74 pulls a bunny out of the hat and says "Yeah but Wolverine couldn't beat Obi-Wan". Which was never relevant.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah I agree. It is funny, especially when you misquote me.

When you read my explanation though, it's slightly less humourous, all the more understandable.

He isn't impactful in the result of the fight, was my point. The point I also made was the occurance that Darth Maul got cut in half, regardless of who did it. it just so happened to be Obi-Wan. As a result, Juggernaut74 pulls a bunny out of the hat and says "Yeah but Wolverine couldn't beat Obi-Wan". Which was never relevant.It looked a lot like you were saying something along the lines of "Obi-Wan cut him in half, Wolverine can do the same" instead of your point... that maul can get cut in half... What a blaring weakness Maul has. Him and every mortal corporal being in the universe.

Alpha Centauri
I never said it was a blaring weakness, I simply brought the notion forth.

He can be cut in half, Wolverine knows a thing or two about cutting people. Gives Wolverine a bit more of a sporting chance.

My point stands.

-AC

who?-kid

He can be cut in half, Wolverine knows a thing or two about cutting people. Gives Wolverine a bit more of a sporting chance.
Hahaha. How true.

The fact remains that DM can not survive an attack from Wolverine, where Wolverine has much better chances of surviving an attack of Darth Maul.

Saying that DM will not allow Wolverine to cut him, is wishful thinking. Wolverine has faced much more dangerous villains than DM and is still alive and kicking. Has DM ever faced a Wolverine kind of guy ? I doubt it.

Maybe there's another solution: maybe DM isn't the supreme kick ass fighter some people think he is.

Darth Maul was pretty impressive in the first movie, but then again, for such an all powerful character, he had much trouble with just a young Padawan and his much older master and even got killed in the end.

Some legendary warrior lol.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

I don't understand all this "The dark side of the force is so strong" when Darth Maul, their best fighter, got killed by a trainee.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna

My point stands.Getting cut in half is a double edged sword.

Alpha Centauri
Sliiiick wink.

Gonna have to start calling you Inspector Gadget.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Sliiiick wink.

Gonna have to start calling you Inspector Gadget.
Being a robot, Inspector Gadget is pretty resistant to the effects of getting cut in half. I don't know why that seems so funny to me.

Kontraz
Exactly.

I don't understand all this "The dark side of the force is so strong" when Darth Maul, their best fighter, got killed by a trainee.

-AC

Umm... maul wasnt their best fighter.... by far....

Alpha Centauri
Undoubtedly extremely skilled in the Dark Side of the Force. Killed Qui Gonn Jin, a Jedi Knight.

Then got whooped by a trainee.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Anakin probably just rocks and swordfighting.

juggernaut74
Undoubtedly extremely skilled in the Dark Side of the Force. Killed Qui Gonn Jin, a Jedi Knight.

-AC Actually Qui-Gonn was a Jedi Master. And Kenobi was one of the greatest Jedi in the galaxy during his time. I wouldnt call Kenobi a trainee when he killed Maul cause he towards the end of his training and was actually knighted right after that.

There are four levels of Jedi.

1. Yoda
2. Master
3. Knight
4. Padawan

Swanky-Tuna
Haw, I got the name wrong.

Kontraz
keep in mind... obi wan is the ONLY person (aside from luke) that stood a chance against vader in a lightsaber battle.... Maul isnt anywhere near his league...

FistOfThe North

-AC

Maul didn't get "whooped" by a trainee. Maul lost the fight but in no way did Obi pummel him.

Don't downgrade Maul in order to prove your point.
Besdes, didn't you say he was your fav SW character?

Alpha Centauri
Downgrade Maul? I referred to him as their most skilled fighter.

My point was already proven.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Darth maul seems to be as vulnerable to melee attacks. as most jedi are. The trick is though, being able to get close enough to land an attack. I doubt Wolverine would be able to get close enough to darth maul without being sliced himself. If wolverine would catch maul's gaurd down, he may be able to win, if he nads a fatal blow. Maul would be on full offensive, because he has the capabilities to be on the offensive.

Kontraz
Downgrade Maul? I referred to him as their most skilled fighter.

My point was already proven.

-AC

how was it proven? Maul wasnt the greatest fighter by FAR.

FistOfThe North
Actually Qui-Gonn was a Jedi Master. And Kenobi was one of the greatest Jedi in the galaxy during his time. I wouldnt call Kenobi a trainee when he killed Maul cause he towards the end of his training and was actually knighted right after that.

There are four levels of Jedi.

1. Yoda
2. Master
3. Knight
4. Padawan

Umm...what? lol.

A "Yoda" Jedi level?

No. Master is as far as it goes juggs.

Master Yoda was a Jedi Master. I don't ever recall hearing of a Yoda Yoda.

Besides if Yoda was defeated in ep.3 by His Majesty The Dark Sith Lord Emperor Dantius "Sidious" Palpatine, what would you call his level. Imperial?

juggernaut74
I was wondering when somebody would catch that. I was just showing Yoda was on a level all by himself. I know that Master is the highest rank of Jedi that there is. I read the ROTS comic adaptaion and wouldnt call Sidious defeating Yoda. Yoda was talking smack to Sidious.

FistOfThe North
I was wondering when somebody would catch that. I was just showing Yoda was on a level all by himself. I know that Master is the highest rank of Jedi that there is. I read the ROTS comic adaptaion and wouldnt call Sidious defeating Yoda. Yoda was talking smack to Sidious.

Yea but c'mon. Yoda was almost annihilated by Palpatine though.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kontraz
how was it proven? Maul wasnt the greatest fighter by FAR.

From experience he was the one who seemed most formidable. Just proving that I wasn't downgrading him.

In relation to the posts above, I always thought that Yoda was more of a title than a name. Like Yokozuna in sumo.

-AC

FistOfThe North

From experience he was the one who seemed most formidable.

Just proving that I wasn't downgrading him.

-AC

And may I know what experience you speak of?

Calling Maul your most favorite warrior, then grossly emphasizing his loss to a "trainee" seems downgrading to me.

Alpha Centauri
By experience I mean that in all the Star Wars material I've encountered, Maul seemed the most original and the most formidable.

It's of no concern to you where I place Maul on my Star Wars list. It's irrelevant to the thread.

I didn't DOWNGRADE Maul. If anything I was downgrading Obi-Wan.

-AC

srankmissingnin
I read somewhere that Mace fights Sidious in Episode 3... and Anikin has to stop Mace from killing him. Anyone else heard this?

Scoobless
i downloaded a trailer where Mace is trying to arrest idious (with 3 or so other Jedi with him) and Sidious smiles, whacks on his red lightsaber and advances on the Jedi

EDIT: i just watched it again, it's definitely 3 extra Jedi he takes with him, there also seems to be a large fight scene between Yoda and Sidious as well as Obi Wan and Anakin (as i'm sure everone already knows)

juggernaut74
Yea he had Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin with him. I dont recognize the third Jedi.

FistOfThe North
I read somewhere that Mace fights Sidious in Episode 3... and Anikin has to stop Mace from killing him. Anyone else heard this?

I have. From what i've read and heard its seems that after Sidious did away with the other 3 Jedi that accomapnied Mace, Anakin shows up.

Both Mace and Sidious ask for Anakins assistance. Anakin then backs away from Sidious and sort of stands beside Mace only to strike the Jedi Master down. It's said that this moment is the core part of Anakins transition into the Dark Side. His killing of a Jedi.

Kontraz
hey hey hey... put some spoiler alerts up, will ya??? I mean, its nothing i havent heard before, but, come on...!

anyway, about yoda being in a class of his own, no, that would be qui gon, as he becomes yoda's new master wink

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Kontraz
hey hey hey... put some spoiler alerts up, will ya??? I mean, its nothing i havent heard before, but, come on...!

Hey you wanted to know. Besides, who didn't know that. That scene got leaked everywhere. Everyone knows.

anyway, about yoda being in a class of his own, no, that would be qui gon, as he becomes yoda's new master wink

Kontraz
reply, actually, there are two scenes involving mace's death... thats only the first one. The second is quite different, after the initial fight.... thus far, its pretty much impossible to know which actually appears in the movie (yes, they actually shot both of them)

Scoobless
yeah, i would've appreciated a spoiler warning there as i'm trying to avoid too much info before i see the film

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Scoobless
yeah, i would've appreciated a spoiler warning there as i'm trying to avoid too much info before i see the film

Everyone and their mothers, for years knows about what obviously will happen in Ep. 3.

Scoobless
yeah, the basic story of it, but i've been avoiding the "who kills whom" info cos i don't want to know before hand

Jaster Fett
People people come on anyone who this wolverine would have a chance is CRAZY, the movie does no justice for Darth Maul. He was sidious's apprentice since he was like a baby. He heart is as black as night, and now he is probably in his twenties, so having like atleast 15 years of sith training is amazing. Also you must consider when the forse comes into play the sith have a great advantage because there is only 2 of them which is why the forse is greatly balanced in there favor. He did use all kinds of force powers for one reason, HE DIDN'T NEED TOO, you mean to tell me wolverine is the equal to 2 jedi? I THINK NOT, and the only reason Obi won is because he caught Maul off guard. So considering he saber abilities, and his real ability to use the force MAUL WOULD KILL him probably quicker then he did Qui-gon and another note Qui was a jedi master the elite the best of the best and he made quick work of him

wolverex84
by the way, haven't they fought before?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Jaster Fett
People people come on anyone who this wolverine would have a chance is CRAZY, the movie does no justice for Darth Maul. He was sidious's apprentice since he was like a baby. He heart is as black as night, and now he is probably in his twenties, so having like atleast 15 years of sith training is amazing. Also you must consider when the forse comes into play the sith have a great advantage because there is only 2 of them which is why the forse is greatly balanced in there favor. He did use all kinds of force powers for one reason, HE DIDN'T NEED TOO, you mean to tell me wolverine is the equal to 2 jedi? I THINK NOT, and the only reason Obi won is because he caught Maul off guard. So considering he saber abilities, and his real ability to use the force MAUL WOULD KILL him probably quicker then he did Qui-gon and another note Qui was a jedi master the elite the best of the best and he made quick work of him

Yeah he caught Maul of guard, thank god his uber force abilies did warn him about it. Maul jumped Qui Gon when he was heading back to his ship and he held his own. First you say the movies do Maul no justice, so we think you are talking about the comics but then you say there are only two Sith... so we know you have no clue what you are talking about.

Right about one thing though you'd have to be crazy to think Wolverine is the equal of a Jedi because Wolverine is far above every glorified samurai with a laser sword and low level precog.

K3VIL
Yeah he caught Maul of guard, thank god his uber force abilies did warn him about it. Maul jumped Qui Gon when he was heading back to his ship and he held his own. First you say the movies do Maul no justice, so we think you are talking about the comics but then you say there are only two Sith... so we know you have no clue what you are talking about.

Right about one thing though you'd have to be crazy to think Wolverine is the equal of a Jedi because Wolverine is far above every glorified samurai with a laser sword and low level precog.
srank why don't you turn on the logic for a while?
Maul was gonna being killed cause Obi Wan is a key character in SW.
Maul in an excess of self confidence didn't pay attention to the precog like Spider-Man does when he don't listen to the Spider-Sense, so if he fight with Wolverine and don't play it like an idiot he can kill him.

who?-kid
Originally posted by K3VIL
srank why don't you turn on the logic for a while?
Maul was gonna being killed cause Obi Wan is a key character in SW.

??? confused ???

Okay, so the ONLY reason why the (overrated) Darth Maul was killed by an older Jedi and his Padawan, was of scenario reasons ?

Riiiiightt.

There was absolutely no reason for Darth Maul to die. He could have escaped after killing Qui Gon, or be wounded, or be captured, or whatever. Jut use your imagination. The fact that Darth Maul is dead hardly changes the scenario of the SW-movies.

radioboy121
Precog. reading would be no different for Wolverine than when he faced Mr. X who was overwhelmed after he went beserker. It's silly to argue how adamantium and the SW light saber compare, so no comment there. People have said the comics are not canon to the the Star Wars universe as it's not necessarily approved by George Lucas, but has it been illustrated on whether Darth Maul can use force lightning?

Kontraz
Originally posted by radioboy121
Precog. reading would be no different for Wolverine than when he faced Mr. X who was overwhelmed after he went beserker. It's silly to argue how adamantium and the SW light saber compare, so no comment there. People have said the comics are not canon to the the Star Wars universe as it's not necessarily approved by George Lucas, but has it been illustrated on whether Darth Maul can use force lightning?

yes, he can. And george does approve the comics/novels, he just claims they arent part of the same continuity. Movies are the "real deal", but comics are just filler that could or could not happen.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by radioboy121

What Kontraz said

Also we have the example of Mr. X one uping Wolverine with precog (all though it was enough to trounce Taskmasters move reading so it is at least mid level precog unlike the Jedi) but there is also Psylock not being able to read Wolverine's moves in a fight because his actions and thought are one and happen simultaneously.

Kontraz
yeah, but with jedi precog, its not reading someone's mind, its seeing their actions before they happen... its "real" precog, as opposed to tp precog, or slade's precog.

h1a8
This thread isn't very good. There is no way for wolverine to win. To rip wolverine's throat from his body doesn't require concentration by a Sith Lord (not even in moving things that weigh tons.) Do people know what the Force is. With the Force the universe becomes an extension of you. You literary can not be hit by any non Force user. That is why they can block light beams without looking. Jedi also move fairly quickly. We only see them moving in human speed because we need to see what they are doing. Also Mual will easily kill wolverine without his Force. The Light Saber can cut through any substance in the universe except another Light Saber blade. This is the truth. Adamantium is also destructible. Any true comic fan knows this. The Light Saber will slice throught adamantium like tissue paper. Add in moving at the speed of sound and wolverine has no chance (even without the Force). They (true Jedi masters or Sith Lords) simply cannot be hit by a non force using being.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by h1a8

I almost agree completely except for the fact that there is one other substance that lightsabers can't cut through. They can cut through almost any solid object, except the material cortosis, force fields, an alloy used in Magna Guards' electrostaves called phrik, superconductors, and Yuuzhan Vong amphistaffs, serpent-like creatures used as melee weapons that, when snapped rigid, generate their own force fields. Mandalorian iron is also known to resist the effects of a lightsaber.

But other than that, I agree fully.

jgiant
Can darth vader beat yoda...

DrDoom101
uh, no

spiderboy5
maul would seriously own wolverine, cmon the guy was trained by palpatine!

Deus Ex
So if Jar-Jar was trained by Palpatine could he own Wolverine too?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Deus Ex
So if Jar-Jar was trained by Palpatine could he own Wolverine too?

laughing laughing out loud ive always wondered, what do you do for a living, Deus?

spiderboy5
i believe any jedi master could take and defeat wolverine

Deus Ex
Originally posted by DrDoom101
laughing laughing out loud ive always wondered, what do you do for a living, Deus?

Quality control for KMC.

No really, I work for a live performance show on the beach.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by spiderboy5
i believe any jedi master could take and defeat wolverine

I really don't see Orppo Rancis or Even Piel owning Wolvie.

Admiral Akbar
You underestimate Rancisis. Doesnt he have like 8 arms? Couldent he just force push wolverine around, and jab him with a lightsaber when needed?

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Deus Ex
I really don't see Orppo Rancis or Even Piel owning Wolvie.

Judge them by thier size do you???

Se7in
Oppo is huge, like a snake with eight arms and a wookie's head. I don't know about Even, but Oppo was supposedly a good fighter, killed by Sora Bulq. But this is irrelevant, Obi-Wan wins this easy.

Admiral Akbar
I heard the fight with Sora went on for quite a bit.. Maybe longer than Maul vs Jinn and Kenobi..

Deus Ex
In any case, my point was that not just every jedi master in the series can defeat Wolverine neccessarily.

And this fight is OVA. Maul won.

jollyjim311
Yupsireedoo. And Oppo would kill wolverine. He could use whatever that power is that he has to make Wolvie sick (probably eliminating or weakining Wolvies healing factor) and then just slam him into walls until dead.

Btw, has anyone read any maul comics? He could take Wolvie in a fist(and claws) fight, without having to use the force for anything other than improving his abilities (non offensive).

P.S. Jar Jar isn't force sensitive so quiet with the BS.

darthsith19
Look at the pic of them fighting for a second. Maul's turns his saber a little and Wolverins, unable to prevent it, gets cut in half. And he can't heal if he'd dead.

h1a8
Hahaha. How true.

The fact remains that DM can not survive an attack from Wolverine, where Wolverine has much better chances of surviving an attack of Darth Maul

comparing DM to wolverine is like comparing thanos to mary jane watson. you must not be a fan of star wars. for you don't even know what the force is. A jedi master or sith lord can sense any attack made (as long as they are not distracted by another jedi master/sith lord) that is why they can block laser like beams. A jedi master/sith lord can lift 100's of tons with the force. they can rip throats out, squeeze hearts or other vital organs until they burst, suspend an object in the air for long periods of time in which the object is at their mercy. The stars wars handbook says that a lightsaber can cut through any surface in the universe except another lightsaber blade or energy similar to the blade. DM can kill wolverine in countless ways.
Even in his dreams he can kill wolverine. Wolverine is not immortal. Marvel states that if Logan loses a vital organ or sufficient blood then he will die.

Tru_Slice
Ummm...Wolv can't use his claws if his arms are cut off.

Tangible God
HEY!!

Who revived this thread huh?

Tru_Slice
Sorry, I saw "new!" and I commented.

I've been out for a while.

...In the real world makn' money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.