Why is it Justice League "of America"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Their HQ isn't in America, less than half of the members are American, and they don't defend America exclusively. It seems that as far as the US is concerned, the words "America" and "world" are interchangable. How arrogant is that?! mad

Magee
Just a comic.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DarkAge
Their HQ isn't in America, less than half of the members are American, and they don't defend America exclusively. It seems that as far as the US is concerned, the words "America" and "world" are interchangable. How arrogant is that?! mad

Why is Spuerman called superman? He is not a man.

Mainstream
Because "Justice League of Earth" sounds lame...that's why.

Gregory
Oh, stop shrieking. There used to be a Justice League Europe and a Justice League International, too.

Mainstream
and a Justice League Antarctica and hows shrieking? not I

pr1983
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Why is Spuerman called superman? He is not a man.

well spuerman is a hero i havent heard of stick out tongue

the comic was made years ago... yes its patriotic, but i just refer to it as jla so i tend not to think about the whole america thing...

Gregory
Originally posted by Mainstream
and hows shrieking? not I

I was talking to the "How arrogant is that?! mad" guy; should have used quote tags.

And every one of the "Big Seven" is either American or comes from a non-existant location. Since Superman is an American citizen, dispite being an alien, that makes a majority of the major JLA members American, DarkAge.

Draco69
Not to mention the blasted comic is MADE AND WRITTEN IN AMERICA.

eleveninches
Its j; of AMERICA, because thats where most of the founding members lived at the time. When the JLA were founded, the comics were being sold mostly to a patriotic, facist AMERICA

DarkAge
Americans have a weird idea of patriotism. Wrap something in an American flag and it somehow transcends reason. *coughFoxNewscough*

nigel45
Originally posted by DarkAge
Americans have a weird idea of patriotism. Wrap something in an American flag and it somehow transcends reason. *coughFoxNewscough*

Not all Americans. That would be like me saying all Europeans liked Hitler.

I don't know, I commonly see it referred to as simply the "Justice League" or "The League", I rarely see "of America" added (Though obviously I know it's there).

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Gregory
Oh, stop shrieking. There used to be a Justice League Europe and a Justice League International, too.

crazyspinz
america just happens to be the centre of the earth and pretty much everything that goes on important in the world some how involves an american.

hoorayforpeepee
BA-ZING!!! take that you communist hippies!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.