Rots-obi Wan Vs Rotj-darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

adamrubin
i know the age difference is off but who will win

Darth_Janus
Vader gets pwned. Obi Wan was a lucky bastard and a resourceful guy who practiced Form III.

Darth_Nefarus
I admit Obi-Wan has superior luck, but I still think Vader has more power, and this time around he'd be more than willing to finish the job.

Darth_Janus
Ah, but Vader was drastically weakened since ROTS, and not nearly as flexible. Plus Vader isn't a saber expert, really. Unless I've missed something, he was never shown as being a master of any form, even though he dedicated himself to form VI. Obi Wan could dictate the rules of battle, and vader could only hope for the best.

Darth_Nefarus
well, wait, I thought Vader was a form 5 master, I might be wrong, and secondly a Vader that was more in control and furious with what Obi-Wan did to him would stand a much better chance.
IMHO

jedimaster2000
I say Obi-Wan, since he was able to hold his own against a much more powerful Vader (even though he wasn't as level-headed, but he was still much quicker and more powerful.)

Darth_Janus
You might be right. I think it is form V. A typo, my bad. But yeah, form V isn't exactly a very sound policy, unless you're charging hordes of stormtroopers. It's emphasis is on reflecting and redirecting of blaster shots. It's rather like a perverse version of Form III, lacking the actual tight-knit defensive moves.

But yeah, good point... Obi Wan outgunned a much more powerful version of Anakin. Old man Vader doesn't stand much more of a chance.

Stealth Agent
Yea he beat badass Anakin wich was 200% stronger then palpatine and Obi still beat so Anakin was reduced by 120% of strength Obi would efianetley beat him

Tormentor_2004
i dont think Adamrubin knows who Obi-Wan is.

Darth Mantis
Obi-Wan.

Fishy
Obi would win

Kun-ni Habeo
obi wan "ninja" kenobi

Darth_Janus
There are three living grand masters of Ninpo. Two whose names I can't pronounce, and Obi Wan.

Darth_Nefarus
Mech Vader lost a good majority of his powers, I admit, but his affinity with the force, and the darkside make him more than a match for Obi-Wan IMHO

Darth_Janus
Obi Wan knows Ninpo. Vader couldn't sneak up on a dead Yoda. Obi Wins.

Revan Darkstar
Obi defeated a Vader that was in a completely different class than the RotJ Vader, compared to the RotS Vader, RotJ Vader is a weak, pathetic fool. Obi-Wan beats the RotS Vader, so he would certainly beat the RotJ Vader.

Darth_Janus
Yoda knows Ninpo too. I'm sure of it.

Wanderer259
This is easy. We already saw Old Master Ben Kenobi (ANH) fight OT Darth Vader. He lost on purpose; Vader had no advantage. Now let's put him up against Young Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and let's see what happens. The desire to win, youthful vigor, and just as much ability (if not more, for Old Ben Kenobi might've put the Force on a shelf to gather dust for a while) and we've got an easy win for General Kenobi.

SnakeEyes
I read in the Essentail Guide to Weapons and Technology that Vader could have had his armor made from Cortosis (saber resistant material) but he chose not to. It would have been so awesome if he did!

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, yeah he did though. Luke's saber hits him in ESB and he gets all pissed

Darth_Janus
Probably thought he didn't need to after ROTS.

Fishy
And he didn't really, he didn't see a real fight since ROTS... seeing as Obi beat him there, he woudl surely beat Vader later on...

jackstain
OBi.

jackstain
take that back......

i think they wuld fight like crazy and Vader's hatred wuld overcome and.......

naah obi wuld f*** him up.

Darth Martin
ROTJ Vader>ROTS Vader

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
ROTJ Vader>ROTS Vader

In the Force, with sabers its ROTS Vader>ROTJ Vader.

I think Obi-Wan could take Mech Vader with sabers, but, in an all out battle, he has almost no chance.

Darth Martin
As does Anakin. No chance in an all-out fight.

fascistcrusader
But yeah, form V isn't exactly a very sound policy, unless you're charging hordes of stormtroopers. It's emphasis is on reflecting and redirecting of blaster shots. It's rather like a perverse version of Form III, lacking the actual tight-knit defensive moves

Against blasters form V is for reflecting bolts back at the person who shot them, form III is the one the just deflects them.

And form V is more than just that. Form V is an offensive style that uses aggression, and is how Anaking owned Dooku, it isn't nearly a useless form.

Darth Martin
But if your going up against a bunch of clones, droids, or stormtroopers Soresu is the form to have.

Man of Christ
Obi wan's offense in soresu is worse than chewbacca's breath. besides rotj vader seems to like to use force choke, a move which if you saw what dooku did to ros obi wan, obi wont have a good defense against. and vader at this time is much too calm to try a 60 foot force jump like in rots. so vader wins 7/10 times. the extra three are incase obi wan can get close enough to vader without getting force strangled to death.

Man of Christ
so what we end up getting is vader using the force to bounce obi wan off walls like a baskettball.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.