So, who is the best drummer ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batarangs Blade
I have it down two people. Travis Barker, from Blink 182, or John Dolmayan, from System of a Down.

John uses a 52 piece drumset, I believe, and Travis' is close to it, (give or take a few pieces,) and they both use each and every piece of their drumsets. When watching them in music videos or concert footage, you can see they are both amazing. They just beat away, non-stop, and it's just awesome. I'd have to say, though, these two are the best drummers in the world, in my opinion. But who is better?

SlipknoT
Joey Jordison is very good but i wouldnt call him the best

Alpha Centauri
Depends.

Technically: Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, Buddy Rich.

Preference: Danny Carey, Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio.

-AC

Darth Revan
Danny Carey is better than both Travis Barker and John Dolmayan. erm

Not that either of them are bad...

Alpha Centauri
Buddy Rich used a 10 piece I think. He's more technically skilled than both of those.

Number of pieces doesn't matter.

-AC

tabby999
apparently a magazine asked all of the really good drummers from a heap of bands and the consencus was that the best drummer ever is Phil Collins, would you believe.
i think of the two named however, Barker is the superior

alic88
phill collins? i thought he was just a vocalist

tabby999
the man is classically trained in several instruments, piano more obviously and drums. i'm not 100% what the others are but one of my mates was telling me and i only payed attention to the first part

room #99
Dave Lombardo
Neil Peart
Keith Moon

Korri
John Bonham.

bakerboy
Not forget roger taylor or charlie watts. They are craks too.

Victor Von Doom
Hahaha.

Terry Bozzio. He is better than the two named with one stick only.

jaden101
dont know who it is ...but i can tell you who its not...its not norma jean laughing

Smasandian
Mitch Mitchell for Jimi Hendrix was a pretty sick drummer.
Dave Grohl is pretty good too.
Phil Collins is a pretty good also.

Draco69
Drummers exist?

Joking. Poor guys never get enough respect. Always the singer.

ChickinMeat
Mike Portnoy, what a bonafied legend.

hes got a nice kit too

NicktheBassist
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!! that is the lagest drum set that i have ever sen in my entire life. how many pieces is that beast?

ChickinMeat
lol, and i do believe thats only half of it.

incase anyone didnt know, mike plays fr a band named Dream Theater, all the members are bonafied legends.

nick1811
dave lombardo, in my opinion

Victor Von Doom
Bozzio has the most awesome kits. Portnoy doesn't use that on stage as far as I recall. That's also two kits combined, as you can see from the two stools, and the two snare drums. He's excellent too though.

http://www.terrybozzio.com/images/kit/fkit.jpg

Df02
i woulda said Peart or Bozzio...

googled Bozzio's kit and this beast came out, not 100% sure if its 1 of his, but it came up on google and google never lies..

http://www.baileybrothers.com/img/dwclinic07.jpg
http://members.home.nl/wipr/bozzio03.JPG

Korri
holy fark...

how many pieces? eek!

bakerboy
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Hahaha.

Terry Bozzio. He is better than the two named with one stick only.

Man, you are underrating watts and taylor. See some concerts with the rolling stones or queen and youll see why they are in a top ten of best drummer of all time by many music critics and magazines.

R0B
Im the best drummer ever...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by bakerboy
Man, you are underrating watts and taylor. See some concerts with the rolling stones or queen and youll see why they are in a top ten of best drummer of all time by many music critics and magazines.

Huh?

I'm talking about Barker and Dolmayan.

Df02: that is Bozzio's kit...and Bozzio sitting at it.

Alpha Centauri

Why do you assume he hasn't seen them?

Do you actually understand the concept: difference of opinion?

Bozzio is better than both of those anyway.

-AC

bakerboy
Dont post that garbage here, centauri, i was expressing my opinion. Naturally , all the people post his opinion as a matter of fact, same with you with your admired doom in the comics forum.

By the way, and keeping the topic, not much better.

Df02
Huh?

I'm talking about Barker and Dolmayan.

Df02: that is Bozzio's kit...and Bozzio sitting at it.

i added the second pic later lol... woulda been stupid to speculate if it was his if he was sat at it confused

Alpha Centauri
Dont post that garbage here, centauri, i was expressing my opinion. Naturally , all the people post his opinion as a matter of fact, same with you with your admired doom in the comics forum.

By the way, and keeping the topic, not much better.

Stop getting comics involved in every single forum.

I asked you a question. Why do you suggest people to watch certain drummers if you don't agree with what they've already said? You operate under the assumption that we've never see those drummers or something?

Deal with it. Jeez.

-AC

bakerboy
Deal with your arrogancy, man. You are the first on make assumptions about everyone. Dont acusse another people on your own faults.

Darth Jello
How about Todd Barnes, Tiny, Casey Royer, Dale Crover, and Patty Schemel?

Alpha Centauri
Deal with your arrogancy, man. You are the first on make assumptions about everyone. Dont acusse another people on your own faults.

Proof? Exactly. Shh.

For the record, on topic. I have lots of videos of drummers on my comp, the two you mentioned can't touch Terry Bozzio.

-AC

Ronny
Danny Carey (Tool) and Neil Peart (Rush) would be my choices yes

Travis Barker wacko... whatever floats your boat

bakerboy
I tell you another secret, i have hundreds of dvds with many and many concerts of the three, and meanwhile Bozzio is better, the other two arent so far, and they are ranked in the top ten best drummers ever in several music magazines.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but rankings in music magazines don't mean anything concrete. It's just people saying who they think the best is.

Watts and Taylor are nowhere even close to dreaming of competing with Bozzio.

-AC

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by Ronny
Danny Carey (Tool) and Neil Peart (Rush) would be my choices yes

Travis Barker wacko... whatever floats your boat
I agree,
Some of Careys solo's and fills are nuts!
do you remember when he goes into double time one, awww crap i forget the song, but it soulds like the CD is skipping, but its accually him playing a double time solo,
sick.

bakerboy
Yeah, is what people thing who are the best, but the opinion on specialized music critics is very valid, i think.

Alpha Centauri
I think you might be referring to Forty-Six & 2, Tf.

It's still an opinion though Baker, Bozzio is actually more skilled than Watts and Taylor by miles.

-AC

NicktheBassist
if it were to be narrowed down to those drummers, i would have to say (because of my very biased opinion and my lack of knowledge toward System of a Down) that Travis is better.

Tptmanno1
AC, your right...

BasketCase
Travis Barker...

Korri
Persinally i prefer Ginger Baker wink...

Miss_Faye
Hm...i think i'm going to have to say they're both pretty good, so i can't simply pick one. So ha! take that.....or not.

Ronny
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I agree,
Some of Careys solo's and fills are nuts!
do you remember when he goes into double time one, awww crap i forget the song, but it soulds like the CD is skipping, but its accually him playing a double time solo,
sick. eek! in 46&2, man that is so ****ing wicked! I can't belive that guy, he's ****ing genius

I think another great drummer would be the dude from SOAD John Dolmayan, he's pretty wicked too

bakerboy
I have never said that bonzo is worse than watts or taylor, im just sayint that those two should be mentioned in any list or poll of best drummers ever.

Alpha Centauri
Who's referring to Bonzo? I said Terry Bozzio, of Frank Zappa and others.

-AC

Moonunit
Yeah! Give Bozzio with Zappa a big thumbs up! I have Lather, what albums have you got?

Alpha Centauri
I've heard alot of the stuff through friends etc, for a long time.

I have Broadway the Hard Way on order, haven't been able to get around to purchasing.

-AC

coolboarder98
If you've ever seen the extended drum solo for Moby Dick, you'll see Bonzo at his best! It's so much better to see them play something than just hear them. Peart is up there as well, just with the way he plays so technically. And Keith Moon as well.

Df02
I have never said that bonzo is worse than watts or taylor, im just sayint that those two should be mentioned in any list or poll of best drummers ever.

haha! laughing

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Moonunit
Yeah! Give Bozzio with Zappa a big thumbs up! I have Lather, what albums have you got?

The man made tens of albums.

TOMASS2
JOHN BONHAM LED ZEPPELIN POSSIBLY THE BEST DRUMMER EVER
DAVE GROHL NIRVANA HE TOTALY ROCKS
KEITH MOON DOESNT PLA BY THE RULES HES JUST AWSOME
BUDDY RICH JUST AMAZING

all these drummers are way better then Travis Barker

Spykeman
I beleive tha the greatest drummer of all time is a tie between John Bonham of Led Zepplin and Neil Pert of Rush

IRON EDDIE 666
If we are ment to chose from the two options on the poll i wont chose as i would NEVER rate either on as the best drummer of all time.

Personally though, i dont know. Either Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy or John Bonham.

Morning_Glory
both are these drummers... are banbored

Korri
Originally posted by IRON EDDIE 666
If we are ment to chose from the two options on the poll i wont chose as i would NEVER rate either on as the best drummer of all time.

Personally though, i dont know. Either Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy or John Bonham.

i thought you may have agreed that Clive Burr was also the sh!t... ninja

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by Korri
i thought you may have agreed that Clive Burr was also the sh!t... ninja
I forgot to put Clive on my list embarrasment
Ive met him, he's a really nice bloke. Its just a shame that his MS is now so bad that he's stuck in a wheel chair. sad

Korri
Yeah poor babeh sad

i especialy liked the story about when he was feeling ill one night on tour and he had a bucket beside his drumkit so he could throw up and still go on playing laughing out loud

Poor Mr. Clive cry

IRON EDDIE 666
Yeah poor babeh sad

i especialy liked the story about when he was feeling ill one night on tour and he had a bucket beside his drumkit so he could throw up and still go on playing laughing out loud

Poor Mr. Clive cry
Yeah, its a shame, but all the maiden fans are really supportive. I met him a few weeks ago at Clive Aid in the Ruski Arms. It was a big event to raise money for his MS trust. It was really nice to see so many people turn up. smile

BTW, how was Tyranny Of Souls?

Korri
happy Wow, thats really nice..

It was the fooking sh!t icon5

Mr. Bruce has a supernatural voice! eek!

Cant wait for it to come out eek!

IRON EDDIE 666
happy Wow, thats really nice..

It was the fooking sh!t icon5

Mr. Bruce has a supernatural voice! eek!

Cant wait for it to come out eek!
Bruce is Back! big grin

Korri
...babeh... droolio

Bad Boy
This guy is very unknown, but I would say Stu the ex-drummer from Burning Skies is the best! That's mostly double-bass drumming tho.

Ketchuptome
Thta guy from Drumline is the best drummer

Lennox
The all-time greatest drummers:

John Bonham, Neil Peart.

However, if you want to travel back a bit, I would also name Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich, but I don't dig on their style.

I noticed some people mention Rick Allen of Def Leppard as a great. C'mon, people. Just because he's handicapped doesn't make him great. It sure as hell wasn't in Christopher Reeve's case. He still sucked at acting, regardless of being confined to a wheelchair. I've had farts with more complexity than Allen's beats. Aside from that Def Leppard blows entirely.

Lennox
The all-time greatest drummers:

John Bonham, Neil Peart.

However, if you want to travel back a bit, I would also name Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich, but I don't dig on their style.

I noticed some people mention Rick Allen of Def Leppard as a great. C'mon, people. Just because he's handicapped doesn't make him great. It sure as hell wasn't in Christopher Reeve's case. He still sucked at acting, regardless of being confined to a wheelchair. I've had farts with more complexity than Allen's beats. Aside from that Def Leppard blows entirely.

Good thing they didn't use Allen as the official clapper for the group; he'd really be up shit creek then.

PINBALL
There are some good drummers out there and they dont get any credit i mean who do you think gets a band notice the drummer... no the vocalist or a really good guitarist but never the drummer

*LEGATO*
The best drummer? Joey of Slipknot..

Alpha Centauri
Fastest? Quite possibly.

Best? Not by a long way.

-AC

someone from UK
In my opinion, I'm gonna have to say Rocky Gray from Evanescence and John Dolmayan from System of a Down.

Rocky Gray cause he's just really coll with his rythem and he's in no rush. He's really fast at that. Great solo's and fills. Great appearence live. He's really good on stage.

Jonh Dolmayan cause he has great control even with great speed. That really tells something about a drummer. He connects his fills good, makes em sound full and in control.

They're both great role-models to look up to as a drummer.

Swanky-Tuna
Bozzio has the most awesome kits. Portnoy doesn't use that on stage as far as I recall. That's also two kits combined, as you can see from the two stools, and the two snare drums. He's excellent too though.

http://www.terrybozzio.com/images/kit/fkit.jpg Good god. That looks like the helm to a freakin airship.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

I'm sure Mr. Rocky Gray from Evanescence could play that kit.....

(If you don't know I'm being sarcastic, slap yourself.)

-AC

Saiyanpirate
Chad Smith, most definately. No its not just 'cause i luv the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he can eat those drums for breakfast rock rock yes

eggmayo
Joey jordison isnt the fastest... the drummer from the Berserker drums at 600bpm and broke his legs by double bass pedalling too fast...

Alpha Centauri
Never said he was the fastest.

-AC

eggmayo
True, sorry, I only ever skim short KMC posts, just picked up on some words, unfortunately leaving out the 'quite possibly' in your post.

Alice_In_Chains
Grohl

Sadako of Girth
Dunno about the "Greatest" but my favorites would be John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell(JHE), Buddy Miles(B.O.G), Mike Bordin(Ex-Faith no more), Steve Gorman (Ex-Black Crowes) Dave Lombardo
(Ex-Slayer,Fantomas) for speed and I actually would have to say that anyone technical enough to have worked with Zappa so efficiently for so long, would have to be right up there..
Also the drummer from Mr.Bungle is shit hot too....

Victor Von Doom
Danny Heifetz. Along with Trevor Dunn, Mr. Bungle's bassist, possibly two of the most underrated musicians ever.

Alpha Centauri
Mike Patton has a habit of bringing the best out of everyone he works with, assuming they're not the best already.

-AC

someone from UK
You know what, Rocky Gray's a power pounder and ive heard him play live. It doesn't matter the size of the kit. I's how you use it. Besides, I've seen bigger. devil laughing I shall prevail.

Mwahahaha

Alpha Centauri
Nah, he's shit.

Sorry.

-AC

someone from UK
You hav your own opinion and I have mine. I think Rocky Gray can really play. Most likely better than you. So I'd just shut up. you shouldn't judge pro drummers.

Deano
dave lombardo

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by someone from UK
You hav your own opinion and I have mine. I think Rocky Gray can really play. Most likely better than you. So I'd just shut up. you shouldn't judge pro drummers.

And you shouldn't judge music.

If you think Rocky Gray is good, you have no sense of talent or quality perception and suck. Playing better than me doesn't make you candidate for the best drummer ever.

-AC

BackFire
That dude from Sum 41 is the best drummer ever.

someone from UK
As I said. you have your own opinions and I have mine

phoenix87
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Joey Jordison is very good but i wouldnt call him the best

Well Joey is in the Top 10 Drummers. I think he is the best considering he only started being a drummer when he joined Slipknot

Alpha Centauri
That doesn't mean anything.

He's really really fast but he's not good at making up things, hence why he needs to be backed up by two percussionists.

-AC

metallian
Joey Jordison ( and no he's not backed up by two percussionists they just follow what he does) Jason Bittner of shadows fall and Shannon Larkin of Godsmack

Victor Von Doom
Jobbers.

Only one likely to be vaguely remembered is Joey, and that's for the mask.

magic_hate_ball
My Top 5 Drummers ( in no particular order) Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Joe Morello(from the Dave Brubeck Quartet), John Bonham and Dave Lombardo....this is however biased since so many good drummers exist, why should a person be forced to pick just one or two?
smart

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by metallian
Joey Jordison ( and no he's not backed up by two percussionists they just follow what he does)

Anyone?

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by metallian
( and no he's not backed up by two percussionists they just follow what he does)When I'm playing Halo with my buddy, I don't back him up. I just follow him and help him take down monsters.

Treehuggerjanie
Joey Jordison

Alpha Centauri
No he's not. What part of this are you people not getting?

-AC

yessongs
Based on drummers i've seen live, i would have to say Carl Palmer.
My personal favorite is Ginger Baker. Bonzo & Peart (seen them live also) are very good drummers, but aren't as talented as Palmer or Baker. JMO

FWIW, since im new i tried to leave links of both drummers playing live but i was unable. You can see A LOT of drummers talked about here at ---.drummerworld.com

StinkFist462
Danny Carey
Dave Grohl
Neil Peart
Joey

those are my favorite ( not the BEST but my favorite )

STYX Chick
2 words...

KEITH MOON!

He WAS the best drummer in the world...For the band that was once called 'The Loudest Band on Earth' - The Who! happy

Ever seen Keith Moon in concert? (I have, with one of my re-mastered DVDs...And a few VCR tapes) Wow....Amazing.....AMAZING!!!!

SeptemberRain
John Bonham.

I second that

knight
Mick Fleetwood

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

Korri
Originally posted by BackFire
That dude from Sum 41 is the best drummer ever.

You have said some pretty crazy things in your time Mr BackFire,

but that sh*t just takes the biscuit!

dark1365
I voted Travis, just listen to the guy pounding away near the end of "Feeling This".

Korri
Please, my mum is a better drummer than him.

Sith Follower
Tie.

Neil Peart can own on drums. His skill is unbelievable. However, he doesn't play like I like.

That brings me to a man who has awesome skill and plays like I like. ABSOLUTE BEST metal drummer ever, Dave Lombardo. He can combine speed with rhythm to totally own. He stand apart from losers like Joey Jordison, who are all speed and no diverse beat.

Peart and Lombardo own all.

Alpha Centauri
That would be true if Danny Carey wasn't better than them both.

Actually, I take that back partially. Peart is probably more TECHNICALLY gifted than Carey. Carey is the greatest overall.

-AC

Deus Ex
Ooo... Interesting old thread. While Joey is good, and Neil Peart is amazing (And the guy from Morbid Angel kicks ass, too) the absolute best drummer has NOT been named here yet.

Thomas Lang.

The guy is simply unbelievable. Where as Joey can be heavy and fast, Lang does it with style. Where Pete can keep a steady double bass pedal beat, Lang does that and adds uncanny timing. Where Neil Peart is methodical and unorthodox, Thomas simply blows even him out of the way.

But of course, it's a lot harder to prove to people with words. If you can ever get a look at it, Creative Control (his DVD how-to) is phenominal. He's also done solos for European tours, but he's not associated with any one band.

Anyways, if you're curiosity is perked, this is his website. The guy pwns. Hands down.
http://www.artport.at/sticktrix/tom.html

Alpha Centauri
He's no way close to Bozzio, Peart, Carey, Coliuata, Bruford or Cobham.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Technically he makes Carey and Bruford look like jokes.

Alpha Centauri
Was going by music created with those two.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Well then he is in some way close to them isn't he?

Weasel.

Alpha Centauri
Well yes, in technical ability.

Ferret.

-AC

golem370
I believe the drummers from Slayer are the best of the Heavy Metal drummers but best rock drummer has to be John Bonham I had that Stairway to heaven VHS he did this part on a song I had to rewind it back like 5times to make sure it was not speed up.

noelluvspotter
So you ask who the best drummer is i will tell you that i would have to say a famous star, yes i do mean Ringo Star the drummer of the Beatles the greatest band that ever played.

BobbyD
I think Neal Peart of Rush is widely regarded as the best drummer ever.....though there could many that have already been discussed in the team photo.

Afro Cheese
Art Blakey

exanda kane
Keith Moon. Blatantly.

Alpha Centauri
It's not blatant to...well, anyone who knows better drummers.

If we're talking technique, it's not Moon.

-AC

VoodooChile89
C'mon people!
It's f*cking BONZO!
John Bonham... listen to 'Bonzo's Montreux' off of the album 'Coda'... he plays a regular drum kit, a gong, tympanies and steel drums all at the same time... Or listen to 'Good Times, Bad Times' and then keep in mind that he only has ONE bass drum... HE HAS REFLEX ACTION ANKLES!

... or that crazy sixteen year old who played for Carlos Santana at Woodstock '69.. the drum solo in Soul Sacrifice is the best solo i've ever seen/heard

... and MAYBE the drummer for Arch Enemy

Alpha Centauri
No, the drummer for Arch Enemy is not the best drummer ever. Erase that claim.

We're talking about best drummer ever, not "Who do you really like?"

We need to establish criteria. If it's preference then we're going to get nowhere. If it's technique then over 80% or more of these choices are irrelevant.

-AC

GABRIEL05
Dafnis Prierto would walk all over Travis barkers culo. Oh my Gawd Travis Barker what the f***!?!

VoodooChile89
AC, you're right! I'm sorry... I got a little out of line

exanda kane
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's not blatant to...well, anyone who knows better drummers.

If we're talking technique, it's not Moon.

-AC

Shame that it doesnt matter. Ask anybody and the street and they'll probably just mention Moon.

VoodooChile89
Pppfffttt... yeah right... the only thing Keith Moon was known for was kicking the sh*t out of his drum set at the end of every show.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by exanda kane
Shame that it doesnt matter. Ask anybody and the street and they'll probably just mention Moon.

Exactly.

Ask anyone with real knowledge and they won't. Why? Because there are technically better drummers. The only thing you can judge on is technique.

-AC

exanda kane
Thing is no one really cares who the best technical drummer is; because technicality does not simply mean 'great' as we all know. And as I am, as are most of you, in the dark about who the best actually is (think about all the hundreds of musicians out there) I really don't see this thread making too much sense unless it becomes the 'greatest drummer' in which i feel Keith Moon is.

Alpha Centauri
Right, if you are judging that on personal preference, that's cool. I love Keith Moon's work.

Saying he's "blatantly" the best drummer ever on the basis that people know him is a bit silly.

Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Coliauta et al are genuine candidates for best ever, in many senses. However, I don't really see the point in discussing something like that. Which is why I think threads should be favourite, not best. Because people are always gonna just name their favs.

-AC

XCall 0f KtuluX
Dave Lombardo of Slayer

exanda kane
Right, if you are judging that on personal preference, that's cool. I love Keith Moon's work.

Saying he's "blatantly" the best drummer ever on the basis that people know him is a bit silly.

Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Coliauta et al are genuine candidates for best ever, in many senses. However, I don't really see the point in discussing something like that. Which is why I think threads should be favourite, not best. Because people are always gonna just name their favs.

-AC

Its a personal response, the "blatantly". It's not making a point. Like the slayer fan above me who said that slayer guy

^
|
| Blatant Gay.
|
|

It's become part of my dialect.

Darth Jello
Tiny, Todd Barnes, Dale Crover, Derek O'Brien, and Patty Schemel are some of the best drummers I've ever heard. Todd Barnes (RIP) in fact, still holds the reputation of being the best drummer in the old school punk scene.

PeaveyROcker
travis barker all the way.....he's amazing.

in concert he could drum perfectly and they had the drumset on strings in the air and it was doing flips in stuff and he just kept on drumming.

Alpha Centauri
This doesn't mean he's the best drummer ever. He could have a rocket platform on his riser and still never be as good as Dave Lombardo et al.

-AC

exanda kane
Thats like saying Tommy Lee is the best drummer ever because he flies!

jet131
in my opinion i think travis barker is the best drummer because iv seen all those other drummers and they are BAD ASS but i just think travis barker is the best

mrhankey946
idk wtf u guys are talkin bout but joey jordison is the BEST drummer EVER!!!!! he kicks ass and if u dont think he is idk wat ur smokin

Slay
Originally posted by mrhankey946
idk wtf u guys are talkin bout but joey jordison is the BEST drummer EVER!!!!! he kicks ass and if u dont think he is idk wat ur smokin
Fanboy...
The stupid thing about this thread is,that the question is "Who is the best drummer ever".The thread maker then gives you two options...which are both not the best drummer ever...

Darth Jello
Most hard hitting-
Dave Grohl-Scream, Nirvana, Foo Fighters
Dale Crover-Melvins, Nirvana
Patty Schemel-Hole, Kill Sybil

Most technically profficient-
Dale Crover
Todd Barnes-TSOL, Tender Fury
Tiny-TSOL
Rikk Agnew-Social Distrortion, Adolescents, DI, Christian Death, ADZ

Victor Von Doom
Either most people here don't know much music, or they don't know much about drummers.

Df02
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/streetdrummer.html

thought id throw this is because its great to watch, be pretty cool to see what he could do on an actual drum kit

Revernd Maynard

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Df02
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/streetdrummer.html

thought id throw this is because its great to watch, be pretty cool to see what he could do on an actual drum kit

That's an enjoyable clip. I always like watching people make music out of anything, it's pleasing.

Although he's not doing anything most drummers couldn't do.

-AC

Makedde
I don't like any of those drummers...

Etrigan
I'd go for Jon, but that's probably only because I despise Blink-182. Travis isn't that good anyway as a drummer.

Joey Jordison is pretty awesome, although I don't like Slipknot. Damn good.

Revernd Maynard
That's an enjoyable clip. I always like watching people make music out of anything, it's pleasing.

Although he's not doing anything most drummers couldn't do.

-AC Its great to watch street drummers like that...

i did that at my school when i was a junior, it rocked w00t

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Etrigan
I'd go for Jon, but that's probably only because I despise Blink-182. Travis isn't that good anyway as a drummer.

Joey Jordison is pretty awesome, although I don't like Slipknot. Damn good.

Travis is actually a good drummer from a technical standpoint. He just doesn't get to show it off a lot.

This is about the best drummer ever, so maybe someone could establish criteria, because going on preference it's pointless.

-AC

stunna1773
travis barker is

Revernd Maynard
Travis is actually a good drummer from a technical standpoint. He just doesn't get to show it off a lot.

This is about the best drummer ever, so maybe someone could establish criteria, because going on preference it's pointless.

-AC If he had a full hardcore drumset like Neil Pert or Nick mason or Danny Carey and show off his full skills on a bigger drumset that would allow that. Because him and that two tom one bass and a snare with a thousand cymbols just doesn't cut it for me

**Gen_Thorin**
I think Igor Cavelera is a real good drummer.band

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
If he had a full hardcore drumset like Neil Pert or Nick mason or Danny Carey and show off his full skills on a bigger drumset that would allow that. Because him and that two tom one bass and a snare with a thousand cymbols just doesn't cut it for me

Nick Mason's drum kit is nothing compared to Danny Carey's or Neil Peart's. Then again he's nothing to them, technically.

-AC

Df02
also you don't need a massive drum kit like that to show you're a good drummer, id respect someone more who uses a smaller drum kit and still made quality music from it.

as for the clip, the most impressive bit for me is how he lifts the bucket off the floor to get a different sound from it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>