Visions, Apparitions And Mary..What Else Is Appearing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
I just watched a program about the many visions of Mary, and most seem to say that we can change our future if we help and love each other. Unless we do, disasters will come. I was wondering if anyone has heard of other religions, whether Muslims, Buddhists, or any of the many many world religions have had any visions and if they did what did they say. Was it the same as the "Love each other" visions?

And if other religions are also having visions and not just the Catholic churchs Mary, then what does this say. Could it be a higher power, one that is above any religious belief trying to tell us something and just using the many beliefs of the world to communicate an important message to us?

Jackie Malfoy
The Catlocis are the only one that believes in mary.The Christens don't think that mary was that inporant or that she is the mother of god.JM

finti
catholics are christians

debbiejo
I think there is an intelligence over everything and this intelligence even transcends religion. It my be telling us to shape up or destroy yourselves. I think it speaks though who ever no matter what religion it uses. People have even said the aliens said the same thing...The good ones that is. lol

finti
well usually I dont brag about myself, but ok deb that is a good description of me

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
The Catlocis are the only one that believes in mary.The Christens don't think that mary was that inporant or that she is the mother of god.JM

What the hell are you trying to say?

Every Christian believes in Mary, Mary was the mother of Christ. You cannot believe in Christ being the saviour of man and not in the virgin birth. Just by the fact that Mary gave birth to the Jesus I would think that most Christians consider her fairly important.

Now not all christian believe Mary to be a Saint, in fact many Christians don't adhere to the belief of Sainthood depending on which denomination you are talking about. But all believe that Mary existed.

And for the love of god use the freakin' spell check button!

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
well usually I dont brag about myself, but ok deb that is a good description of me

pray

lol..

Jury
As a Christian, I believe in Mary as the mother of Jesus, and the servant of God. However, I don't believe in Mary of the Catholic Church.

lil bitchiness
Whats the differance? blink

finti
so they have something to put their finger on so they can start a religious society of their own

Jury
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Whats the differance? blink
Very big difference.

The Catholic Church believes that Mary has great power which wields over the one who is God. They believe that Mary, being the Queen of Heaven, has an empire in which all things, God included, are subject to her. They believe Mary as a Savior.

However, Mary, the mother of Jesus was a servant to God... and obviously had no greater power than God. And she recognized one God as her Savior.

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
so they have something to put their finger on so they can start a religious society of their own

See, you should of done that...

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Jury

The Catholic Church believes that Mary has great power which wields over the one who is God. They believe that Mary, being the Queen of Heaven, has an empire in which all things, God included, are subject to her. They believe Mary as a Savior.

Really?

Never knew that - so shes considered a type of Goddess?! How cool eek!

debbiejo
OK..now I've read that Buddhist have visions...So are they less reliable then the visions of Mary? Also Shammans have visions...are they less reliable then Mary too?

lil bitchiness
Where'ya read that?

And what Buddhist made a religion based on visions? The future is not premeditated in Buddhism - having a vision contradicts itself.

debbiejo
The religions wasn't made by having a vision, but people had a "Vision" of the Buddha. Just came a crossed it doing some research..Didn't read much about it, only that they had a vision of buddha

Also, People have visions of Jesus...does that put more value on it then visions Mary?

Jury
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Really?

Never knew that - so shes considered a type of Goddess?! How cool eek!
Yes. Not according to me. But according to Catholic Encyclopedia.
smile

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by debbiejo
The religions wasn't made by having a vision, but people had a "Vision" of the Buddha. Just came a crossed it doing some research..Didn't read much about it, only that they had a vision of buddha

Also, People have visions of Jesus...does that put more value on it then visions Mary? Buddha is a title - anyone who reaches an enlightment can become/ is a Buddha.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Jury
Yes. Not according to me. But according to Catholic Encyclopedia.
smile

But doesnt Bible forbid worshiping of anyone apart from god? Whats the Catholic argument for this confused

Jury
They do not worship Mary. I mean, they won't admit they do worship Mary. They would insist that the worship they offer to God is different from the worship they offer to Mary...

...but WORSHIP according to their Catholic Encyclopedia is a homage paid to God, Jesus, the saints, and anyone who has been closely related to God.

This proves that they indeed worship Mary.

Jury
I mean, when they say they "honor" Mary instead of "worship"... then in what way they honor her?

many ways, actually.

1. They honor her as the Queen of Heaven.
2. They honor her as the Mother of God and Spouse of the Holy Spirit.
3. They honor her as the one who has power which wields over the one who is God.
4. They honor her as the Co-Redemptrix .
5. They honor her as the Mediatrix.
6. They honor her as the one who has an empire in which all things and creatures, God included, are subject to her.

These are facts identified with Catholic doctrines.

Jury
And surely the alleged Apparition of Mary is whether a bluff or a devil's trick.

debbiejo
From what I've heard, Mary is telling everybody to pray more, to love everyone and to help the needy. She doesn't ask everyone to worship her..I don't think the devil would say that..Why would he tell people to pray to God and establish the fruits of the spirit in themselves?

That doesn't make sense.

Jury
The truth associated to the Bible is that one must worship God alone.

The devil, on the contrary, would make anything that could make those people turn away from God.

The devil, too can make or perfom signs, wonders, and miracles to DECEIVE people. And it's up to the people, which to follow.

But the true people of God are the ones who know which one is true.
That's why God presented His laws and commandments to follow to keep these people safe and free from any of devil's tricks.

debbiejo
If the devil is preaching "love", then he is contradicting himself..or is it "its self.". Doesnt Satan have a gender??He's an angel, so he probably doesn't..So, why do we say "he" ??

Jury
Devil anyway is a source of all mistakes, contradictions... etc.

finti
or the thing christians put the blame on when they screw things up

Jury
Whatever you think, fins.

finti
always

Jury
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.