What The Hell?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crazy88No.1
Excellent account of how one anonymous email started a downard spiral that had everyone believing that John Rhys-Davies (Gimli from Lord of the Rings) to voice General Grievous in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Now if you aren't into Star Wars, that's fine... the gist/story of the link is how one email sent to one popular geek/movie rumour site started an avalance of press. i.e. it's more about social engineering and how information (and disinformation) spreads wildly on the web.

Is this true?! blink

Captain REX
Is WHAT true. confused

Crazy88No.1
That John Rhys Davies will be the voice of Grievous......

Captain REX
Definitely not. We already know who's voicing Grievous. Look it up on IMDB.

Edit: Matthew Wood, btw...

Uber_God
never know

matthew wood could have a spaz attack and not do anymore lines

Darth_Decimator
Originally posted by Uber_God
matthew wood could have a spaz attack and not do anymore lines

yeah ........ maybe laughing out loud

Kainreaver
I heard Grievous would be voiced by Gary Oldman

Uber_God
gary oldman
hes doing another harry potter film and another friggin batman movie

does any1 here actually like the batman movies?

Batman316
and who is Matthew Wood? I know I could goggle it or look it up but I am the laziest person on these boards so I'll just wait until someone provides a link or something

Morridini
Matthew Wood did the voice of Bib Fortuna/Voice of Ody Mandrell in TPM.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003214/

Ushgarak
It's pretty simple; GL heard a load of possible voices and choose Mr. Wood's. He's not very famous or anything, he works for Lucasfilm, not as an actor, and GL just happened to like how he sounded. JRD may have been sounded out for the role but never got it. I dunno if the Gary Oldman thing was ever true at all- seems doubtful.

HateWork
apparently the gary oldman thing was gonna happen, but something to the effect of him being a member of the actors guild or something which meant he couldn't do it.

btw, doing a voice for a supporting character only takes a day, maybe two.

the JRD rumors started when he was said to be the voice, someone asked him and he said he couldn't give any details, cuz the trouble he'd get in would be rather grevious. then everyone assumed he was doing the voice.

Darth_Duffy
I'll say one thing for this Wood fella, he has one impressive film history!

Uber_God
if he were doing the voice wouldnt he have a credit in the ep3 part of imdb?

Mist
Thats one hell of a lightsaber, of gargantuan proportions!

wallalupp
if he were doing the voice wouldnt he have a credit in the ep3 part of imdb?

he has, he doesnt have credits for "sound department" in ep3

Uber_God
not as the voice actor for grevious tho

Ushgarak
Never mind IMDB! It's not an official source, it works on rumour and provided info. Someone once got their own name on there as playing Anakin in Episode II before it came out.

Crazy88No.1
John Rhys Davies as Grievous would be pretty weird.....

thejeditraitor
john rhys-davies doing the grievous voice was an internet rumor made up by some dumb website called "the laughing chicken" or something.
i read all about it. it was an experiment to see how easily you could start a rumor.

and guess what? they were successful because they fed the first lie to AICN!!

wallalupp
not as the voice actor for grevious tho

found under matthew wood:

Actor - filmography
(In Production) (2000s) (1990s)
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) (post-production) (voice) .... General Grievous

learn to read

Uber_God
# Envy (2004) (adr recordist) (uncredited)
# Adventures in Animation 3D (2004) (sound designer)
# Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) (supervising sound editor)
... aka Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version (promotional title))
... aka Star Wars II (USA: promotional abbreviat

wallalupp
yes he did work with sound on those movies,
but on ep3 he is a voice actor, and he is listed under actor with (voice) behind revenge of the sith

EDIT: man this is getting of topic

unknown hero
Episode III cast list in full...

you find Jeremy Bulloch! as in Boba Fett (OT) himself as another character named...

Captain Colton.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.