EP III title theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
If we look at the pattern of titles so far, the pattern is that every other movie title is either positive and hopeful, or negative and menacing.
Attack of the Clones, A New Hope, and Return of the Jedi were all positive titles. The Phantom Mencace and The Empire Strikes Back are Negative.

It could be noteworthy that none of the Negative titles have an "of the" in them. It is also signifigant that there is a deliberate progression in the titles:

Attack of the Clones - This signifies the START of conflict
A New Hope - This indicates the POSSIBILITY of an end to the conflict
Return of the Jedi - This shows the conclusion and resolution of the Conflit

The same thing goes with the negative titles.

The Phantom Menace - This is the very first title, it shows the START of something evil happening SECRETLY and BEHIND THE SCENES.
EPIII - ????
The Empire Strikes Back - from a certain perspective, this title shows Evil at its peak.

Following this pattern, the title for EPIII should show either a RISING threat or the possibility the threat will become dominant.

Bearing this in mind, and the fact that GL likes retro-sounding titles, anyone got any ORIGINAL ideas about what the title could be.

bigsef3
I think something along the lines of "The Dark Side Rising," I think it would be neat if GL used the word "terror" in the title. It is a common "buzzword" today.

yerssot
I don't think that Attack of the Clones is positive, an attack is negative

bigsef3
the clones are the good guys in EPII. they are attacking the bad guys - the seperatists. we all know they turn into being bad guys, but in the context of the movie, they are 100% good guys. their attack is positive, because it saves the lives of the jedi.

yerssot
that's not what you think when you hear the title and know nothing of the movie

Lyn
I'm not good with ORIGINAL titles...laughing...but your comparisons were good bigsef3.

amity75
In going with the old Saturday morning Flash Gordon titles (Which after all were the inspiration for the original trilogy or "The New Testament" as I like to refer to it) I think the title should be really over the top. I'd like to see a word like "Frenzy" or "Destruction" in the title.

ferter
HERE IS THE TITLE U SAD ACTS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR
STAR WARS EPISODE 3 - OUR LAST CHANCE TO MAKE A $HIT LOAD OF CASH AT THE BOX OFFICE

Happy Dance

amity75
Not bad for your first post. Keep it up. I cant wait to read what other shite you have to say.

Mr.Deflok
He's right though, Star Wars always flops at the Box Office...

Member.
Star Wars Episode 3: Fall of the Republic
Star Wars Episode 3: Rise of the Empire
Star Wars Episode 3: The Republic's Bane

finti
ehh Yersie is right, attack of the clones is a negative title regardless of what side the clones have

yerssot
thx, finti, I'm always right big grin wink

finti
you were wrong now

yerssot
not by the slightest bit mistah!

Red Superfly
Rise of the Empire

Simple

finti
too simple and again, the fact that the third terminator movie have a too similare title

Red Superfly
Meh, Rise Of The Empire sounds about right though.

And Terminator 3 doesn't matter, because most people have forgotten about that rubbish movie anyway. Not only that but Lucas may have had "Rise Of The Empire" in his head way back when "Rise Of The Machines" was just a dollar sign in Hollywoods eye.

Red Superfly
Or, OR how about "Birth Of The Rebellion" or to be a bit different to AOTC: "The Birth Of Rebellion"

Think about it in regards to Luke and Leia, hey that's be a sweet title.

finti
fall of a jedi, but even that is way too simple and to common

Red Superfly
Dude, Lucas has openly admitted to using old-school titles that are simple, like Attack of the Clone and Return Of The Jedi.

Rise of the Empire, Birth of the Rebellion, Fall of a Jedi are all good potential names and the final name will be just as simple.

Oswald Kenobi
Why doesn't Revenge of the Sith work? Just curious. To me it sound cheesy enough and it describes the movie well.

Ushgarak
No, he uses 50's Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers style names. Fall of a Jedi is way out of that.

finti
wouldnt The Phantom Menace be way out of that too

Red Superfly
That's what I meant.

Phoenix
well, as a drama a student, I can tell you that the most powerful words are the most simple, and will cast the most lasting message

Ushgarak
Well, 'Fall of a Jedi' wouldn't work for that. Revenge of the X works better, but the only title guess that really fits the whole TPM/AOTC vibe is Creeping Fear.

Basically, if you could see it on a poster for a sci-fi movie in the 50s, it would work. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones (although as noted, the meaning of AOTC is oddly obscure) both qualify; other guesses for III like FOAJ and 'The Rebellion Rise Forth' simply do not.

On the other hand, these are only expectations based on the past, not guarantees. He may well call it Rise of the Empire after all; it would just surprise me, is all.

yerssot
The arrival of the Phoe wink

Oswald Kenobi
So, I guess "Revenge of the Sith" is a good title, huh?

Lyn
Sounds good to me.

Ushgarak
No... that would also surprise me.

Red Superfly
The Creeping Fear? Oh come on.

finti
better than Rise of the empire

Ushgarak
Like I have said in the past, it is not down to whether you like it, but whether GL would chose it, and based on the titles before and his own words, that is the kind of thing he would chose.

Shadowkiller
Weel it seem that The Creeping Fear is the offical title . Personally I like it. Since Fear is a path to the darkside it makes sense to me but hell what do I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.