REVIEW Immortal Technique-Revolutionary Volume 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1

Afro Cheese
Immortal Technique has a pretty bad flow, actually.

I think your review sums up some of his problems and virtues pretty well.. but I tend to disagree about the end of his CD being weaker than the beginning. I mean the last two tracks on the CD, You Never Know and One (remix) are great, two of my favorite tracks from the CD.

hh?
check out Revolutionary Vol 1.

it's better than Volume 2 in my opinion.

good review, but there were alot of good tracks on that album.

Tptmanno1
there were..
But I do think they were a bit overshadowed by the few bad ones...
I still liked it though, and i don't consider it a waste of my money

hh?
the only weak track was Obnoxious, and that was still better than 99% of commercial hip hop.

koolruningz
I still listen to this album. I agree that some of the lyrics are redundant but for the most part he drops alot of knowledge, even if you disagree with his conspiracy theories you cant deny the important message which is to look past the media outlets and find out the truth for yourself. I would prefer more story telling on his next album because i think this is one of his best skills, just check "Dance with the devil" and "You never know" for proof. My favourite tracks are "Peruvian Cocaine" (my introduction to Technique), "The 4th branch", "The cause of death", "Leaving the past" and "You never know".

Deathblow
I don't like Immortal Technique, he's got skills, but he's brags too much.

I like Vol 1, but only really because of Dance W/ The Devil & The Prophecy.

MF D00m
Yea I got tired of Immortal after the second listen. The only people that I know who really dig his music are folks who dont really care for hip-hop and dont know what's out there.

There are way better artists. Just have to search, but it's fun.

hh?
agree^

there are easily much better mc's out there.

if u like political hip hop, just listen to Mr. Lif, Krs-One etc...

Deathblow
Gotta love Mr Lif, the new Chuck D.

hh?
thumb up

and his partner Akrobatik is pretty good too.

MF D00m
Mr. Lif is too dope.

Pip Skid is another great political MC.

hh?
yea^ thumb up yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.