Brit lingo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whatshisface
i just saw lock stock and 2 smoking barrells and formula 51 and half the movie, i couldn't understand what they were saying...

i never knew there were many kinds of bollocks-- dog bolloocks, chicken bollocks, c*ck bollocks...

and what the hell is a wigwam!?!?!?!

Tex
I had to read subtitles on Gosford Park!

British people impossible to understand.

I wonder if they have the same problem with American films?

whatshisface
huh, i never looked at it that way. i doubt it though... i dunno. i love their accent but they talk too fast sometimes...

BadBabe
i like brittish dudes rock

whatshisface
i like british babes... especially liz hurley...

ash007
Gosh i get this form every American and we get a few living with us,

I am afriad its quite normall but us Brits are also becoming a bit Americanized because we are actually started to use your words and lingo so there is not much different apart from the accent.

Also in films i dont notice the accent but when i meet a Yank i notice it big time smile

whatshisface
it's still hard to make out what they say sometimes. james bond ain't bad at all. maybe it's just the movies.

BadBabe
i dont unders stand the izzle shit talk

whatshisface
what izzle? like rap izzle? or is there a brit izzle? please specify your izzle...

BadBabe
snoopdogs shit

whatshisface
yeah, i have some trouble sometimes, but not all the time...

Dirty Vader
Hehehe you have to know cockney slang to understand those movies. Sometimes I have trouble with that too.

whatshisface
bleh... the "wigwam" is still a mystery to me... what the hell is it?

Dirty Vader
bah never heard of wigwam... ah yes I have...hmmmmmm

whatshisface
i heard it when i was watching lock stock and 2 smoking barrels... or formula 51... can't really recall...

Dirty Vader
hmmmmmmmmm wigwam hmmmmmmmmmm

whatshisface
wigwam confused

frootlooplucy
Wigwam: A Native American dwelling commonly having an arched or conical framework overlaid with bark, hides, or mats.

big grin

whatshisface
seriously? huh... bleh... maybe one of many definitions... thank you for your contribution.

$¥®€Ñ
Try this one then.....

"I'm gonna have to recover toot sweet or I'll become Teetotal within a week........."

$¥®€Ñ
I said that to Linkalicious in a PM when I had the flu, and I couldn't drink or smoke whilst I was ill........

whatshisface
huh what does that mean?

ps. sorry for the late reply i just came from las vegas late last night...

Daedalus
I'm gonna break your ham-and-eggs and push you down the apple-and-pears and then get on the dog-n-bone to your trouble-and strife and tell her you fell. Thanks. stick out tongue

Daedalus
T-Total, what do you think? Lock Stock used alot of cockney rhyming slang (London talk) not used much nowadays, I'm from London and I don't talk like that. big grin

i slayed buffy
haha wot bout nz maori lingo
yo sup niggaz wut r u's up 2 oi its sweet as bro u think ur east oi look at me fuk look at me u think ur east otara markets aye hava hangi wiv ma pork buns u niga rangi

phoenix chii
wigwam............is an indian hut like a teepee............and ham and eggs is arms and legs...............and apples and pears is stairs............is quite easy to understand.............

Tired Hiker
We're all sorted out with E'z and whiz. whistle

Tired Hiker
Tell me when the spaceship lands because all of this has got to mean something. -Pulp

dragonpisces272
the spaceship hasnt landed yet...i still dont understand brit language either

*Georgina_A*
I'm British and I didn't understand it blink

dragonpisces272
you dont understand brit lingo? blink

i slayed buffy
cockney lol

*Georgina_A*
Not that London slang...no...

glenn
i hate the london slang words

Linkalicious
Why the word mate? we're not animals and we aren't looking for mating partners....use the damn word FRIEND!

and stop calling us Yanks!!!! We have feelings too!

Dvae
our language is great, aint it happy

Linkalicious
it's not so much the language...it's the personality that goes a long with it.

pixie1
im british and i cant understand half the things we say so the rest of the world has no chance

Agent Phillips
I don't entirely get London slang, but I know most of the obvious ones.

Hey, does anyone who lives outside of south wales know what chopsin' means? I just want to see if it's used anywhere else.

phoenix chii
you lives in south wales omg i was born there................chopsin i use that and my english/irish sis...............omg small world agent and i love that guy in your avy

phoenix chii
i dont say mate...............i say mun....................im sorry its so weslh valley and i do say yank as in bloody yanks ghrrrrr

Linkalicious
but i'm not bleeding and i'm not yanking anything : stick out tongue ...yet!

phoenix chii
hhahaa your so witty and funny not..................! and yes i would call u an ape............i can see your hairy back.............hahahhahahahahahaha

Linkalicious
ewww back hair....gross!!!!

Iirima
Yes, nasty...

I don't like being called a Yank...I need something annoying to call British people...

Well for now over-done accents are good enough!! stick out tongue *no offense to anyone*

Placebo_fan
I'm british, and I never call americans yanks. What's the matter with them? Did they do something wrong? For cryin out loud, it's just the accent!

phoenix chii
hey link knew i was joking...............as i quoted his post on pupose............and no irl i odnt call americans yanks.............i have far more worse names to call them................hahhahahaha j/k

Linkalicious
i've heard them all...some of them are actually kind of kinky roll eyes (sarcastic)

of course i knew you were joking.

whatshisface
what's up with the word yank? did it have a negative meaning before? i mean we still have the new york yankees...

jacksparrow22
yeslaughinglaughing out loud

*Georgina_A*
eek! You're going to pay for that Ying stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.