What The Hell Are They Thinking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
It's going to be so freaking dangerous! What the freaking hell!

IceWithin
ure threads are so odd stick out tongue

but the passports now a days are still dangerous, MILLIONS of ppl have fake passports, this way it'll b better... and cheaper!! tho it would be much easier if all the airports would have a face recognition data they just take ure pic and have the info

Cosmic_Beings
You'll walk around in other countries and people will see you're an American and scan your ass and find out all about you because of your stupid passport, and then they'll kill you and everything.

Red Superfly
Don't go to Afgahnistan then.

Cosmic_Beings
Not Afgahnistan, idiot. They won't have the technology or smarts to make something to scan these passports. European countries.

IceWithin
oh please, I really don't want to sound like an arse but

use ure head man! in european countries u know damn well that they wont kill u for being american!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

and in ure paper passport u can still see that ure an american roll eyes (sarcastic)

warned ya! stick out tongue

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by IceWithin
oh please, I really don't want to sound like an arse but

use ure head man! in european countries u know damn well that they wont kill u for being american!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

and in ure paper passport u can still see that ure an american roll eyes (sarcastic)

warned ya! stick out tongue

Dude, stop being a moron. Some hacker could easily make a device to read passports from afar, and then kill them and assume their identity. No, not afgahnistan, they can't assume a white person's identity, and they're not smart enough to make something like this.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
Not Afgahnistan, idiot. They won't have the technology or smarts to make something to scan these passports. European countries.

so your actually saying that we should go to afgahnistan because they're so stupid?

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
so your actually saying that we should go to afgahnistan because they're so stupid?

Yeah, I'm saying that we should all go to afgahnistan because there probably won't be people on the street that would know how to hack your passport.

omg idiots

Linkalicious
What's the deal with slamming all the members on this site that don't see things how you do?

OMG a hacker stole my passport!!! eek!

great...now what's he going to do with it? There's a digital, facial regonition picture imbedded into the card. I'm sure they make the cards so that information can't be erased without damaging the card permanently.

And the information on those cards is the exact same information that can be found on your current passport. Difference being? On a paper passport all you need to do is open the page...on an electronic one, you actually need a scanner to read the information.

Explain why everyone is an idiot or moron for seeing how this might actually be better than what we currently have...

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by Linkalicious

Explain why everyone is an idiot or moron for seeing how this might actually be better than what we currently have...

Red Superfly is an idiot for saying 'Don't go to Afgahnistan then', because you don't need to worry about having your information stolen, you need to worry about losing your life.

Icewithin is an idiot for saying 'People in European countries won't kill you for being American'. I said that hackers could see that you're American, and then hack your passport from far away. Use your head, think of what they can do. Normally you would walk down the street and no one would know your name or anything, you'd have your private information kept private. But now people can hack it from afar and get all your information, your date of birth, your height, your weight, your eye/hair color, social security number. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... I WONDER WHAT THEY COULD DO WITH THAT????? HMMMMMM!!!

ragesremorse is an idiot for saying 'so your actually saying that we should go to afgahnistan because they're so stupid?' Do I need to explain that dor you too? If you're an idiot, then I guess I should.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, I'm saying that we should all go to afgahnistan because there probably won't be people on the street that would know how to hack your passport.

omg idiots

Ok, just trying to make sure, thanks.

KidRock

omg idiots

So wait RAgesRemorse was right since he said we should go to Afghanistan.. and now you just said we should to? So we SHOULD go to afganistan to prevent our passports from being hacked?

Linkalicious
I'm thinking the only person proving themselves to be an idiot in this particular thread is you Cos... And it's a role I'm not used to seeing you play.

How the hell is a hacker going to get your information from "afar"?

and What are they going to do with that information once your digital picture is embedded into a card that becomes unusable once tampered with?

Try to change the pic....card is worthless. Try to use the information on the card...and you have to prove you look like the guy. A digital facial recognition pic has plot points for your facial features. Not only would you have to look like the guy in real life...but you'd have to have nearly an identical face.

Paper passports are extremely easy to duplicate or mess with...as stated earlier in this thread....they are lots of fakes out there, and that's because they are easy to make. An electronic passport requires a "hacker" to steal your information....a current passport takes no more than a pick-pocket to aquire.

Most important question:

How is this worst that what we currently use?

Echuu
I dont know what this has to do with afganistan.

The main problem i see is that with an electronic system people(like the government) could track exactly where you are going and have been and so on.

It's an invasion of privacy.

Linkalicious
Not according to the Patriot Act.

It's perfectly legal for the US government to aquire that specific information about you without a warrant, subpoena, or even probably cause...

but they'll be checking millions of passports a day...do you think they have time to go looking at everyone's passport? No. Just the really suspicious characters.

Are you a suspicious character?

The Inkeeper
Ok, lemme see, where to go

European countries- Good justice system, you get tried no matter who you kill. overall friendly reception, Allies.

Afghanistan- people cant use computers too well, people hate you and your country and your government and everything you stand for, nobody cares if you get killed there because hey, your a white man.

choose

Echuu
laughing no, im more cautiously optimistic

I guess i should have phrased that better

it has the "possibility" of an invasion of privacy- not currently but a problem could develop, thats all

Echuu
since when do all afghanis hate americans?

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Echuu
since when do all afghanis hate americans?
I dunno...when was Bush's first day of office? confused

And the Patriot Act has the potential to be the single greatest hyjacker of people's personal freedoms and liberties in United States history. I say potential because the government generally uses the powers of the Patriot Act against people coming to the United States from Middle Eastern Countries.

Had they put the focus on American citizens and not visitors...then freedom and the United States should never be used in the same sentence again.

The Inkeeper
They dont, but a majority will.

Most americans see a muslim and think 'terrorist'

So im guessing Muslims have the same outlook

Echuu
sure, but not all afghanis hate america

(replying to linkalicious)

The Inkeeper
it only takes a few.

Linkalicious
Well of course not...the only country whose entire population hates America is France.

And that's only because of the Lousiana Purchase and our awestriking need to put cheese on everything. Napolean.....IDIOT!!! (in the Dynamite voice)

The Inkeeper
Yeah but all america (and every other country for that matter) hates France

Echuu
laughing least we all agree on that

i like the dynamite reference by the way...Gosh!!!!!

Jackie Malfoy
You'll walk around in other countries and people will see you're an American and scan your ass and find out all about you because of your stupid passport, and then they'll kill you and everything.

I think it is understanding.They just want to be safe and that nine eleven does not happen again.JM smile

Cosmic_Beings
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I'm thinking the only person proving themselves to be an idiot in this particular thread is you Cos... And it's a role I'm not used to seeing you play.

How the hell is a hacker going to get your information from "afar"?

READ THE FREAKING ARTICLE!

"The State Department says that information contained in the passport chip will not be encrypted because it's no different from that viewable on the information page. Plus, it says, encrypted data takes longer to read and requires more complicated technology, which makes it difficult to coordinate with other nations.

One of the primary concerns with using RFID chips in the new passports is that the chips can be read from a distance. That means that, potentially, someone with the proper equipment could access the data on your passport if they are physically close enough.

How close is in question. Some privacy experts allege that the RFID chips can be read from as far away as 30 to 65 feet."

Linkalicious
I've read it....twice now.

Please explain to the group what exactly someone is going to do with the information on a passport....

The information on a passport is not the same as the information in a bank statement or a credit report. It does not give your social security number or state driver's license information up. All it does is tell which country you are a citizen of, a description of what you look like, and where you live.

The information cannot be tampered with, otherwise the card is utterly worthless.

If this is how you react to this change in technology....I'd hate to hear what you think about electronic banking....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.