Yo La Tengo....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big gay kirk
I can't believe you guys... so far only me and Rhal21 seem to have even heard od the fantastic Nicki Pierrepont, ad now it seems no one knows the great YLT... if anyone out there has heard of them, let me know... its getting lonely... sad

smittenkitten
I've heard of them, but not actually their stuff. I think they came here in the fall. Maybe I should have gone?

-Smitten Kitten-

big gay kirk
Definitely... I see them every time they come to England... once they even accused a friend of mine of stalking them!! First time I went to see them, I'd heard some of their stuff, but nothing more... I was chatting to a bloke in the Charlotte, where they were playing... "Seen 'em before?" I asked. "A few times, " came the reply.... "Hope they play Sugarcube," I said... five minutes later, the guy is onn stage, announcing their first song will be Sugarcube, for the weird guy with the beard!! I'd only been chatting with the singer...

blalocklover
My second favourite in their kind. I dicovered them on the radio, then i saw their show (amazing.) kind of mix between Velvet underground and
some more recent stuff. Ira Kaplan is one of the best guitarrist i know.
They are both sweet and angry.

big gay kirk
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgoths_Wrath
everyone should own a copy of I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One.

...and then they should get And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love 'And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out'. My favorite song is 'Our Way to Fall', it's so simple, heart-felt and beautiful.

SleaterKinney32
Originally posted by big gay kirk
Definitely... I see them every time they come to England... once they even accused a friend of mine of stalking them!! First time I went to see them, I'd heard some of their stuff, but nothing more... I was chatting to a bloke in the Charlotte, where they were playing... "Seen 'em before?" I asked. "A few times, " came the reply.... "Hope they play Sugarcube," I said... five minutes later, the guy is onn stage, announcing their first song will be Sugarcube, for the weird guy with the beard!! I'd only been chatting with the singer...

That's amazing!

I've been meaning to check them out. I've only heard one song of theirs, 'Summer Sun', and I think it's really great. But I'm sure there's better, right? What album should I check out?

big gay kirk
I'd try "And Then Nothing turned itself inside out" or "General Yo La Tengo".... there's so many to choose from.... and if you get the chance to see them live, go.....

SleaterKinney32
Okay, cool. Thanks.

Solo
They're absolutely fantastic.

I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass > Painful

manorastroman
i can hear the heart beating as one is the only truly great album o theirs. it's weird how they all follow the same formula: a handful of fuzzed out, sparse, basic pop songs, three or four overlong noisy "difficult" songs, and a classic rock cover or two.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Although that may be true in part, I think you're paying a disservice to their sweetness and fragility. They write some really lovely songs.

*Coos*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.