My Sassy Girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

luv_danrad*^^*
My sassy girl is the best korean movie ever. anybody heard of it? its real GOOD!!!!!

neowizard2005
no please tell me about it

rob

Happy Dance

MildPossession
America are remaking it, oh and yes I enjoyed it! Not the best ever though...

luv_danrad*^^*
okay...
theres a boy and a girl. boy was on his way home on the subway. girl in the same train as him. she was drunk, so she barphs all over an old man and as she faints she saz honey 2 him then falls . so he has 2 clean up the mess and takes her 2 a motel cuz he dusnt no where she lives. he's takin a shower cuz he smells like barph but her mom misunderstands and calls the police. then he's in prison and then he gets out after. he meets her agan and shes drunk again and faints. so he takes her 2 the motel agan. then after that they becum a good friend. wen it was the 100th day that they've met boy brings rose 2 her wen she is playin piano 4 him. wen her parents dusnt want them 2gether they bury a letter 2gether and decides 2 meet at that spot 2 years after, but she dint go. so the boy goes there everyday. and then wen he heard that she was in UK he decides 2 go 2 UK 2. and b4 he goes he decides 2 meet his aunt. wem he got 2 the restaurant girl is there wit his aunt. they meet agan and happy endin!! in between the movie there r sum fun stuff that the girl dus 2 the boy. like she forces him 2 wear her heels then while wear

luv_danrad*^^*
like she forces him 2 wear her heels then while wearin the heels he has 2 chase her and catch her. and...... i dunno. a lot of fun and the movie's real funny. u shud watch it. sumhow..

luv_danrad*^^*
it was good~..

BakaXero
its a nice movie...
i dont know how he could stand being attacked so much

if america is gonna make their version for it. its gonna be ruined...

luv_danrad*^^*
lol

yeah probably...

BakaXero
i like korean movies but many of the ones ive seen are kinda strange stick out tongue
mostly supernatural, coincidental love stories happy

Imaginary
I saw this one at my friends birthday party. Only Korean movie I've seen, I liked it a lot. In some parts the girl cracks me up.

MildPossession
I love the sword fight in the rain in one of her films, and she throws a piece of paper and it lands on his face, makes me laugh everytime.

hk_*^^*
's da best movie of all time

jeffer_wrote
there's going to be an American remake? i didn't know that....all i knew was Il Mare....

hmmm.....IMO, they could not find an American who could be as sassy as Jeon Ji-hyun....and Cha Tae-hyun is perfectly cast as the seemingly gullible male lead. I am afraid that if they try to 'westernize' him, it would tend to be more slapstick.......

MildPossession
Yes, also JSA which you mentioned in the recommendations topic is getting a remake too, and Casshern was in talks for a remake.

Lady_Jade
I've heard so much about it but I have never seen it. America ruins every foreign movie.

BakaXero
Originally posted by jeffer_wrote
there's going to be an American remake? i didn't know that....all i knew was Il Mare....

hmmm.....IMO, they could not find an American who could be as sassy as Jeon Ji-hyun....and Cha Tae-hyun is perfectly cast as the seemingly gullible male lead. I am afraid that if they try to 'westernize' him, it would tend to be more slapstick.......
my thoughts exactly

moonrays
There was another connection to this movie! called Windstruck!
when Jeon Ji-hyun was a police!

davidsun
i love it 2
but it's an old movie

MildPossession
It's not that old, just a few years.

kanux-er
you must watch once in your lifetime

Council#13
I've seen it, it's excellent

Miss_Faye
That movie is so adorable !! I loved it. It's so witty and hilarious. A true romantic/comedy love. I love it !! weee! ^_____^

MildPossession
Have any of you seen Be With You? any good? sort of in the same realm apparently.

River Wild
Its a combination of romantic, comedy and drama. Its a good movie!

JaehSkywalker
I loved Windstruck and My Sassy Girl! A friend of mine's nuts of it... the filipinos translated it and showed it in the theaters last year....

xtine_9teen
do you know wat other best koreanovelas are d best to watch..????

Its Only You starrng the girl from sassy girl and ji hyeon -watever- i don't know der names but who cares try to watch it its soooo goood!!!!!!!!! If you don't know it its out in dvds now....!!!!eek!

xtine_9teen
by the way its great to watch only you when dey translate it to filipino instead of watching it and know wat they're saying by reading the subtitles....
but for those who can't understand filipino better stick to reading the english subtitles.rock

xtine_9teen
PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaehSkywalker
hey, sometimes those translated into fil. is not reliable, cause they're not the exact words the character is trying to say.... (example, 'full house': Jessie/Song hye-kyo's bear song there (filipino style) som words are very wrong when it was translated....)

better is the one with eng. subtitles, thats what i watched.....

xtine_9teen
i know figured it out already coz i've watched some episodes in youtube. and there are some words that are not exact because for example TJ sed don't call me chief manager how about calling me honey, darling or just plain TJ. the filipino translation would be: wag mo na kya akong tawaging sir yung mas malambing na lang kya gaya ng honey, sweetie, darling o kya TJ...my love....love

JaehSkywalker
wow, either you really like 'im or just getting addicted! (i understood that wink )

jeffer_wrote
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
I loved Windstruck and My Sassy Girl! A friend of mine's nuts of it... the filipinos translated it and showed it in the theaters last year....

watching it in subtitles is waaay better. the essence is intact. if it is dubbed, then some of the 'magic' disappears.

and isn't this thread supposed to be about the film, and not about Kdramas?

rotiart
I agree that asian movies are better in asian with subtitles... but I read very fast so... :/ most of my friends want the dubbed stuff. Bleah!

Anyways go watch "The Classic". My girlfriend bought it and watched it like 3 times. She finally got me to watch it, and I'll admit, its one of the very few movies in recent years that got me to almost get a tear to my eye. Seriously. Go find "The Classic". I'm not kidding.

jbrickzin
one of my favorite comedies...

LovingMovies24
I'm going to watch this song. I wonder how Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthbert will fare in the remake! confused

ADarksideJedi
Most remakes are no good.But maybe this one will be different!jm

bladelord
I'm going to get flamed here.

I've seen loads of Korean movies (due to Korean friends) and loads of other asian movies (i'm asian), and I thought my Sassy Girl was utter garbage.

My wife and our friends love it to bits.

I think it's overly sentimental (sickly, in the way only asian movies can be). Didn't find the story line to be resfreshing or new at all. Was at least 40 minutes longer than it should have been. And found the characters tiresome.
What the movie did have in it's favour was extremely high production values, good chemistry between the leads and just about the most beautiful asian woman to walk god's earth (apart from Maggie Q).

Okay, flame me now....

JAE
Cool Movie

ttaa
good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.