Maria Full of Grace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
Well, I did a search on this forum and thought, there should definately be at least one thread for Maria Full of Grace, and, low and behold, there were none. I'm sure there are more threads about Lindsay Lohan's teeth than MFOG.

What a movie this was, and that's saying alot from me since I had to read the screen for 99% of the movie. It was surprisingly intense, and even though there were a few things where I was like, "huh?" (like when the guys find the girls a few days later and they really, really, let them off easy), I was thoroughly into it. It's a topic almost completely fresh to US cinema.

And Catalina Sandino Moreno, what a find. It's her first starting role and not only well-deserving of her Oscar nomination, but well-deserving of being the first Colombian as well to get that honor. I don't know if she can speak English in real life, but I hope so, b/c I look forward to seeing her in other movies down the road.

MildPossession
She spoke English in reviews I have seen with her. Have yet to see the film though, looks amazing.

Cinemaddiction
It was fantastic, and she won an Independent Spirit Award for her performance.

Darth_Big_Boy
I've skipped over this numerous times at the video store. May jsut have to snag it soon and check it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.