2005 NBA Draft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
With the NBA and NCAA seasons getting ready to wrap up, it is time to start talking NBA draft 2005.

First topic: Who will go #1? If you follow only college, it seems that Andrew Bogut is the obvious choice. However, it also depends on what positions are needed by the teams and you can't overlook high school and international. However, with that said, I do not know of any worthy high schoolers from this year. There may be some good ones but I'm guessing that because of lack of publicity, this will not happen this year. I only know of one other guy who could slip by Bogut for #1: The 7'2" Lithuanian known as Martynas Andriuskevicius (aka Euro-Shaq). However, this is very doubtful. I only mention him because of some mock drafts that have him ranked #1, which would not be my first choice. He would only be picked by a team if they don't need immediate contribution because his avgs are low even in Europe. I would consider him a major gamble. So with that I predict Hawks to get the first pick and select Bogut despit needing a center more. I say that because Bogut is expected to play PF by many but I wouldn't expect that to last long since he is 7' as well.

Linkalicious
All I'm saying...

The Lakers 8 game losing streak is turning into a good thing.

koolruningz
Sad but true Link. I havent been following the college game much this year but living in NZ i have heard of Bogut since he plays for the Aussie national team. I didnt realise he was making such waves in the US, he was a very good player last time i saw him play for his country but not good enough to be the #1 pick. He must have really elevated his game. Any other promising players coming through?

DanZeke25
Yeah, i dont know anybody else for the #1 pick besides Bogut. One guy has Marvin Williams going first. Bogut second. Chris Paul 3rd. and the guy you metioned 4th.

Myth
I would choose Bogut, Paul, then Marvin. However, I expect Marvin to go over Paul. Deron Williams from Illinois and Sheldon Williams from Duke should make splashes as well (both should go at least top 8). My Blazers are in range for about a #6 pick right now but hopefully we'll get passed up by GS Warriors and Utah so we can go #4 and pick up one of the guys we have talked about. I'd love to get Chris Paul but Blazers already have Telfair as their "future". I say pick him up anyway and trade which ever one becomes unnecessary. There is also a lot of Europeans expected again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.