storm VS cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
who wins?

Draco69
She kicked his ass with no powers she can kick his ass again with them.

stormfront13
yeah i know but i was wondering what others think cause they have both changed since then

paeng
Remember when Storm beat Cyclops it's because she has removed Cyclops Visor that's why Cyclops surrender becase he doesn't want to hurt Storm. Because if he open's his eyes he could pulvurize Storm and when he is still a kid he almost hit and killed many people when he accidentally opens his eyes.

DarkCrawler
Current Cyclops can win. But Storm, IMO wins.

BENITO
storm I soo want to see cyclops die

K3VIL
Cyclops is far a better fighter, an considering his aim with his Optic Blast is optimal, if he unleasheas a 60% OB Storm would be dead.

BENITO
Originally posted by K3VIL
Cyclops is far a better fighter, an considering his aim with his Optic Blast is optimal, if he unleasheas a 60% OB Storm would be dead.

cyclops fighting style is blast and blast it again.
although he has beaten people just with kicks but the where just punks.
and storm could just blast with wind and knock the optic blast back at him

now that proves that cyclops can't win

DarkCrawler
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6a.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6b.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6c.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6d.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6e.jpg

DarkCrawler
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6f.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6g.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6h.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6i.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6j.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6k.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6l.jpg
http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/ma6m.jpg

Pretty good with closed eyes. cool

fr0z3n
what i like about cyclops is that he is handicapped and he doesnt let that stop him.. and (with the professor's prompting - i think ) he learns to fight without his powers ( or vision) .. and the above post shows that he's gotten good at it.. the guy's got determination..

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by BENITO
cyclops fighting style is blast and blast it again.
although he has beaten people just with kicks but the where just punks.
and storm could just blast with wind and knock the optic blast back at himHow do you knock back a beam of energy with wind?

kgkg
i was thinking the same thing.

anyways , this battle won't be like one of those hand to hand combat.

Storm has a better chance of winning , various attack she can do.

while cyc - can only use optic blast -- will he get her before she can burn him. mebee but i put my money on storm

or she can use Fog that should help a lot

stormfront13
i think storm is superior to cyke. all he has is his blast and fighting skills which can easily be avoided. storm has a wide variety of attacks which makes her more liable to win. imo storm wins

hoorayforpeepee
they are both dead if either of them gets hit with either of their blasts.

cyclops+lightning=dead
storm+optic blast=dead

i believe cyclops to be the superior "athlete", strength, agility, fighting, etc.

but storm can fly and has other options besides lightning.

storm 6/10.

stormfront13
yeah i meant superior power wise

paeng
Cyclops wins this fight because his Fighting Abilities are now better not like when they where Young and he has been forced to surrender because Storm removed his Visor. But now I've seen Cyclops in some comics that Cyclops took down Bishop with his barehands. And Cyclops spends his time training with eyes closed so if Storm will make a fog that won't stop Cyclops from attacking her.

Wonderman
I say Cyclops. She can only throw her lightning as fast as she can look too. Cyke can counter that with his force beam.
He's so good with it he can be facing the other way and prob. richocet off any object and still nab her.
When she fought him in 201 he didn't want to be leader anymore. Everyone knew it was time.

stormfront13
he can't reach her w/ fighting skills- his only hope will be his optic blast

Bowmen
Depends on how much power Storm does use, because we all know she holds back a great deal. Cyclops would have a heck of a time keeping his aim in balance when a tornado that is blowing him around in circles, he would need some luck to hit her or let his blast go everywhere.

Nataku8188
Depends on nothing. Lightning will fry cyke long before he can hit her.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Depends on nothing. Lightning will fry cyke long before he can hit her. If they're out for blood, probably.

Staying in character, it's easier to knock someone out with a concussive beam with variable strength than it is with a bolt of lightning.

stormfront13
but storm uses lightning a lot to knock people out- they both usuallly hold back

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
but storm uses lightning a lot to knock people out- they both usuallly hold back I'm pretty sure you can't hold back when summoning lightning. Even the "weak" bolts are like 1 hit kills to most people.

stormfront13
storm always holds back lightning cause they can so easily kill people- she has gotten quite skilled at controlling the power of the bolts- well anyway i say storm wins

paeng
Cyclops power too can easily kill people. Cyclops beams can destroy mountains and it even pulvurizes Wolverine's Adamantium left hand which is indestructable. Storm cannot pulvurize Adamantium no matter what she do. And if they will fight in hand to hand combat Cyclops is again the winner because he is training with his eyes closed while he is fighting he's just like Daredevil But not equal in their senses.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by paeng
Cyclops power too can easily kill people. Cyclops beams can destroy mountains and it even pulvurizes Wolverine's Adamantium left hand which is indestructable. Storm cannot pulvurize Adamantium no matter what she do. And if they will fight in hand to hand combat Cyclops is again the winner because he is training with his eyes closed while he is fighting he's just like Daredevil But not equal in their senses. He didn't pulverize the adamantium. He blew Wolverine's hand up. The bones were in tact but went flying off his arm.

cray z 4 sarah
i agree that storm will win if this is in character or out for blood because she is quick enough to dodge bullets without powers she should be able to dodge his beam fast enough to strike him with ligtining which is too fast for him to dodge i think

stormfront13
well i didn't wanna make it bloodlust. but if it was i agre storm would win cause lightning easily kills people and a regular human can't dodge lightning from the sky. but its not bloodlust but still imo storm wins.

paeng
Cyclops is pretty fast too I saw him fight Army Soldiers with high calibre weapons and his just like James Bond but much better. And if they will fight with Full Power I cannt really tell it will be just like in the Cowboy Movies. But if it were Hand to Hand Combat I'll give it to Cyclops.

Swanky-Tuna
well i didn't wanna make it bloodlust. but if it was i agre storm would win cause lightning easily kills people and a regular human can't dodge lightning from the sky. but its not bloodlust but still imo storm wins. Regular humans can't dodge lightning from the sky but humans that work out can dodge lightspeed beams of energy?

paeng
Remember that they are superheroes and they are cartoons. And many Heroes and Villains have dodge Storm's lightning.

stormfront13
its almost impossible to dodge lightning when it comes from the sky- liggtning moves at lightpseed or something like that and i highly doubt cyclops can dodge that. anyway imo storm wins

Swanky-Tuna
its almost impossible to dodge lightning when it comes from the sky- liggtning moves at lightpseed or something like that and i highly doubt cyclops can dodge that. anyway imo storm wins The double standard you're using is incredible.

stormfront13
whats double standard

Swanky-Tuna
whats double standard You're saying it's impossible for Cyclops to dodge Storm's lightning so she wins. But you have no worries of Storm dodging Cyclops' beam which may be as fast or faster than her lightning.

stormfront13
i never said it was impossible i said it was ALMOST impossible. when lightning comes from the sky it moves around at like lightspeed or near that. is cyclops that fast?? most likely not. storm can be hit by it i'll admit that but she's dodged it w/ out her powers so i bet its possible that she can do it w/ powers. lets not forget that stom is one of the fastest if not fastest x-men.

Swanky-Tuna
i never said it was impossible i said it was ALMOST impossible. when lightning comes from the sky it moves around at like lightspeed or near that. is cyclops that fast?? most likely not. storm can be hit by it i'll admit that but she's dodged it w/ out her powers so i bet its possible that she can do it w/ powers. lets not forget that stom is one of the fastest if not fastest x-men. Did she dodge his beam before Cyclops was dubbed the "Captain America of eyebeams"? And by that I mean he rarely misses.

stormfront13
yeah he ralrey misses but she doesn't miss all that much either. her lightning is faster. she has more powers than cyke, she is faster. she can beat him and most likely will. and sorm is also capable of dodging him.

Swanky-Tuna
Don't really need a lot of powers to ko someone with a "regular" human body. It could be as little as a brick to the head.

stormfront13
well if you're playing that game well it was in the comics so is true bu saying that a brick can still knock her out then i say sshe can dodge his blasts seeing it slready happened while she didn't even have powers

Swanky-Tuna
But was it BEFORE Cyclops got an "aim upgrade"?

stormfront13
yeah you just said it yourslef- an AIM upgrade. she got out of the way, he didn't shoot off target if she didn't move it would have hit her.

Swanky-Tuna
For the third time, was this fight between Storm and Cyclops back before Cyclops' aim was as reputable as Cap's with his shield?

stormfront13
no, nut like i have said above- you said it yourself. he got an aim upgrad. thats it. when they fought he would have hit her but she was to quick for him and got out of the way of the blast. she did that even w/ out powers so w/ powers she is a lot quicker. if storm didn't move then she would have been hit but she's not just gonna let him hit her

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
For the third time, was this fight between Storm and Cyclops back before Cyclops' aim was as reputable as Cap's with his shield?

no, it was years ago, at the time of madelyne pryor...

no, nut like i have said above- you said it yourself. he got an aim upgrad. thats it. when they fought he would have hit her but she was to quick for him and got out of the way of the blast. she did that even w/ out powers so w/ powers she is a lot quicker. if storm didn't move then she would have been hit but she's not just gonna let him hit her

storms powers do not affect her agility or running speed, they're the same either way...

stormfront13
no the wimd affects her speed, not her reaction time but she moves faster w/ it. well anyway you know who i think takes this

pr1983
no the wimd affects her speed, not her reaction time but she moves faster w/ it. well anyway you know who i think takes this

it doesnt affect her speed when shes running, only flying...

stormfront13
thats what i meant- she doesn't fight on the ground that much but w/ the wind moving her she can go faster than she can w/ her powers.

Abbita
There are so many ways storm could win this. Yeah cyclops has a good chance if he can hit her but i dont think people realise the exact forces that storm can emit here.

Yes cyclops can fight with his eyes closed but if there is complete cloud cover and storm flies above it, there is no way he can detect where storm would be, he isnt wolverine for gods sake, he wouldnt be able to hear her, see her, even smell her while she is above the clouds.

While she is there all she needs is a good tornado and its over. Tornadoes generate 200mph winds on average and the high pressure inside the tornadoes is enough to knock him out, if she kept it up, the friction of the wind would burn his skin and mangle his body erm

Tornadoes could even put him through so much G force that it would result in complete blackout or death. A couple of seconds gone at a high g force and its over.

I dont know if this could work but water is a conductor of electricity so a good fall of rain followed by a couple of lighting bolts could do the job. And if she really wanted to be nice, a good cold snap to freeze him would do the job too.

Sorry that i had to go all scientific on people thereno expression

stormfront13
excatley

pr1983
thats what i meant- she doesn't fight on the ground that much but w/ the wind moving her she can go faster than she can w/ her powers.

obviously because she cant fly without her powers... and her dodging ability doesnt change or get any better...

stormfront13
when you are moving faster and can easily control your movments your dodging ability will improve. storm has ways of k'oing him even though she can't see him.

Abbita
About this whole speed thing, lightning is said to travel at the speed of light which is equivalent to going round the world 7 times in a second. I very much doubt that cyclops' beam is that fast, its more bullet fast so to sum it up a bolt of lightining would hit him before his optic blast would hit storm. Thats just to put things into perspective and im not being bias here, im just looking at the logical side of things big grin

Swanky-Tuna
I've heard both speed of light and like 60 thousand mph for lightning.

Abbita
Yeah, it does vary, nto every bolt can be the same big grin But what im basically saying is his optic blast is not as fast as lightning.

Swanky-Tuna
You're basing that on your beliefs though

GalacticStorm
Nah i agree with abbita i doubt very much cyclops blasts are as fast as storms lightning bolts. I think the actual speed of lightning is around a third of the speed of light. Cyclops energy blasts arent light energy its pure force it just doesnt travel anywhere near that fast its common sense. If it was just a competetive match id give it to storm cos there are too many non lethal weapons at her disposal. If it was to the death id still giv it to storm cos all cyclops has are his optic blasts and storms aerial manouevrability is excellent all she has to do is avoid his blasts long enough for her to make contact with her lightning. Cyclops weapon can be considered limited in that it can only shoot at the direction hes looking at. Storm can mentally redirect her lightning so cyclops chances of avoiding it long enough are very low. Plus if we use abbitas idea of storm using fog to inhibit his sight and possibly winds or thunder to inhibit his ability to track her thru sound storm has a higher probabilty of winning

pr1983
when you are moving faster and can easily control your movments your dodging ability will improve. storm has ways of k'oing him even though she can't see him.

her powers do not affect her dodging or running speed... at all...

Originally posted by Abbita
Yeah, it does vary, nto every bolt can be the same big grin But what im basically saying is his optic blast is not as fast as lightning.

he can fire quicker than she can cast it...

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Nah i agree with abbita i doubt very much cyclops blasts are as fast as storms lightning bolts. I think the actual speed of lightning is around a third of the speed of light. Cyclops energy blasts arent light energy its pure force it just doesnt travel anywhere near that fast its common sense. If it was just a competetive match id give it to storm cos there are too many non lethal weapons at her disposal. If it was to the death id still giv it to storm cos all cyclops has are his optic blasts and storms aerial manouevrability is excellent all she has to do is avoid his blasts long enough for her to make contact with her lightning. Cyclops weapon can be considered limited in that it can only shoot at the direction hes looking at. Storm can mentally redirect her lightning so cyclops chances of avoiding it long enough are very low. Plus if we use abbitas idea of storm using fog to inhibit his sight and possibly winds or thunder to inhibit his ability to track her thru sound storm has a higher probabilty of winning

you've never seen cyclops go all out have you?

stormfront13
wind can move you to one side getting out of the way of an object faster than your feet can. that's dodging. unless cyclops is around lightspeed or faster than the speed of thought he can't fire faster than storm. lightning bolts can easily kill people or paralyze them depending on the strength of the blast. one powerful hit w/ lightning and cyclops is most likely out. she has threatened shinobi shaw that she can give him a heart attack by sending lughtning through his heart. don't know if this is possible but it seems logical.

pr1983
wind can move you to one side getting out of the way of an object faster than your feet can. that's dodging. unless cyclops is around lightspeed or faster than the speed of thought he can't fire faster than storm. lightning bolts can easily kill people or paralyze them depending on the strength of the blast. one powerful hit w/ lightning and cyclops is most likely out. she has threatened shinobi shaw that she can give him a heart attack by sending lughtning through his heart. don't know if this is possible but it seems logical.

she can blow herself out of the way? she is not that fast...

stormfront13
thats how she makes herslef faster but this doesn't matter cause she has already dodged his blasts times before

pr1983
thats how she makes herslef faster but this doesn't matter cause she has already dodged his blasts times before

she cannot dodge like that... it takes inertia...

stormfront13
i know what inertia is but how does that fit into this?? what you are basically saying is that storm cannot fly by saying the wind doesn't move her like that

pr1983
i know what inertia is but how does that fit into this?? what you are basically saying is that storm cannot fly by saying the wind doesn't move her like that

no, im saying if shes hovering in mid air and cyclops can see her, he can hit her before she moves out of the way...

stormfront13
she is one of the fastest x-men!! she dodges sentinals, people, bullets, almost anything that is thrown at her. what makes this time so different??

pr1983
she is one of the fastest x-men!! she dodges sentinals, people, bullets, almost anything that is thrown at her. what makes this time so different??

if your not listening im not going to bother... read my posts properly...

stormfront13
i know what ur saying but you either say she can't dodge(false) or that he shoots before she can react. he's not the flash when it comes to shooting.

Swanky-Tuna
Last time I checked, you didn't have to move at near lightspeed to do something before another person can react.

pr1983
i know what ur saying but you either say she can't dodge(false) or that he shoots before she can react. he's not the flash when it comes to shooting.

that last statement proves you have no idea what i'm saying...

stormfront13
i never said that but she will know he is shooting, unless he moves faster than the speed of thought then she can move. he has missed(or she dodged) her before. she knows him and all he has is his blasts and his fighting skills. storm can easily catch even callisto ogg guard and since she has so many useful powers he should be no different

Swanky-Tuna
Storm is ping-ponging in the sky faster than the speed of thought now?

stormfront13
not faster but all it takes is a thought and she's gone very fast.

Swanky-Tuna
And Storm travels by the winds?

pr1983
And Storm travels by the winds?

no, the massive quantities of hot air she has somehow been imbued with...

stormfront13
yeah lol thats how she flys- she rides on wind currents created by herself, hence the nickname beatuiful windrider

paeng
Who do you think Storm is, Superman?

stormfront13
no, she can't beat him but she can beat cyclops.

paeng
But Cyclops can beat Storm too.

stormfront13
yeah if he hits her. storm has ways of winning even if she cant see him. all cyke has goin for him is his fighting skills and his beams which can both easily be eluded. storm has the weather which could knock out or kill someone easily.

paeng
Cyclops just removes his visor and Storm is Toast.

Swanky-Tuna
I'd say a normal person has the same chances of dodging lightning as they do Cyclops beam.

stormfront13
do you seriously know anything about lightning?? it hasn't even hit people directly and those people almost died. a few times lightning has just hit a nearby tree and the lighting went through the groud taking most everyone out. lightning moves near lightspeed which is way faster than cyclops can move. storm has a definite chance of hitting him where as he might not be able to hit her until its too late

Swanky-Tuna
And Cyclops' beam moves way faster than Storm can move and doesn't even have to move his hand to his visor to fire.

paeng
That's a good point there.

stormfront13
like i have said before storm easily has gotten out of the way out of his blast before. she has didged sentinals which have bigger beams that cyclops and it was easy. she is one of the most manuverable x-men. lightning will move faster than his optic blast unless it alll of a sudden got faster than lightspeed. all you can say is that he can hit her which isn't definite. for storm i can say, she'll toast him, she'll freeze him, or she'll beat him to a pulp w/ hail. there are so many possibilities for storm to win and yet there is one for cyke

paeng
She didn't exactly beat Cyclops she has removed his visor and they were still young when that happens.

stormfront13
yeah and the x-men don't kill so he had to surrender and she didn't even have his powers. the only thing you two are trying to prove is that cyclops can hit storm which is open for a big debate. there are so many possibilities for storm to win and there is only one for cyke.

Swanky-Tuna
Cyclops' shots are more accurate than when they last fought and he doesn't need to summon anything to fire. Essentially he could take her out in one shot the second the fight starts.

Edit: Cyclops may have one avenue of attack but it's one Storm can't counter for long, if at all, and it's all he needs.

stormfront13
ok i seriously don't understand what ur not getting about this. you just said that he is more accurate than he was and that is true but for some reason every time i post this it doesn't matter even though its true. STORM DODGED HIS SHOT, HE SHOT ON TARGET BUT STORM WAS TO FAST FOR HIM AND MOVED OUT OF THE WAY!!!!there is that big enough for ya?? he didn't miss accuratley, if storm haden't of moved out of the way then she would have been hit. and essentially she could take his life away as soon as the fight starts but this isn't for killing.

Swanky-Tuna
ok i seriously don't understand what ur not getting about this. you just said that he is more accurate than he was and that is true but for some reason every time i post this it doesn't matter even though its true. STORM DODGED HIS SHOT, HE SHOT ON TARGET BUT STORM WAS TO FAST FOR HIM AND MOVED OUT OF THE WAY!!!!there is that big enough for ya?? he didn't miss accuratley, if storm haden't of moved out of the way then she would have been hit. and essentially she could take his life away as soon as the fight starts but this isn't for killing. That's called anticipating an attack. If she dodged a beam that was already in transit and on target, that would be pure bull. Even if it moved at bullet speed, it would be beyond her abilities.

I am saying it would be perfectly within Cyclops' abilities to KO her in one hit the second the fight starts unless she is hidden.

stormfront13
thats IF he can hit her. a bif fat F! she is one of the best at dodging and storm is more than capable of taking him out at the beginning of the fight.

paeng
Do you know a Miner's Helmet where there is a Flashlight on Top you compare that to Cyclops Visor. You see how Cyclops can easily hit Storm.

stormfront13
you say that but yet he has failed to hit numerous people in comics

Swanky-Tuna
thats IF he can hit her. a bif fat F! she is one of the best at dodging and storm is more than capable of taking him out at the beginning of the fight. One of the best at dodging? What about Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Beast, Shadowcat, Gambit, Wolfsbane, Bishop, etc?

paeng
I am comparing it in real life like you did. Now you see my point in real life they could kill each other in an instant but in comics or cartoons it depends on who the writer is or what the fans like.

stormfront13
well in the comics imo it would be more logocal for storm to win. think about it- he takes a shot at her and he misses, then she strkies him w/ hardcore lightning. most likely he's down cause he is still a human and most people are unconsious by being hit w/ lightning.

paeng
Cyclops has shot many heroes before like Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Rouge, Bishop, Quicksilver and many other heroes before so why can't Cyclops hit Storm.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by paeng
Cyclops has shot many heroes before like Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Rouge, Bishop, Quicksilver and many other heroes before so why can't Cyclops hit Storm. He hit Quicksilver? Then I declare, by the power invested in my by the state of New Jersey, a state I've never been to, Storm is dead.

paeng
Yes he hit Quicksilver when he was still a Enemy on the Brotherhood.

stormfront13
are you talking about the ultimate series?? if you are then quicksilver was right in frnt of him anyone would have been able to hit him at that close range.

pr1983
Ok, i went back to my comics and read up...

in Uncanny X-Men #45, Cyclops does indeed hit quicksilver, but only by rebounding his beams around and entire room... he was also lucky...

but...

In at least two panels Quicksilver remarks that if it was not for his speed Cyclops would hit him...

That again was in Uncanny #45, ages before he even fought Storm...

Another thing you failed to mention Stormfront, is that when Cyclops and Storm did fight, Cyclops had lost any desire to lead the X-Men, his heart just wasn't in it, he was only willing to stay out of some twisted loyalty to the professor (who was believed dead at the time), adding to the fact that his son had just been born and Madelyne was pressuring him to leave the mansion. Storm had no powers, and we all know Cyclops holds back as it is, she was able to beat him easily because he gave up once she removed his visor...

Not likely to happen this time...

Cyclops' Optic blast is faster than Storm's lightning... how? It takes less time for Cyclops to press the button implanted in his glove than it takes Storm to summon lightning...

Few more things:

Cyclops has trained his whole life strategising on how to beat beings with superior power, including the X-Men themselves... i doubt Storm has done the same... Cyclops has always been a better tactician than Storm, and also a better combat leader, he'd have at least five or six different strategies to take down Storm... he knows her powers better than she knows his...

Cyclops is a master at judging trajectory and angles... i've seen him shoot round corners to hit enemies... in an environment that is anything but featureless he has a pretty decent chance fo taking her down...

Swanky-Tuna
'Tis just. I read a ye olde comic where Cyclops took out a room full of robits by bouncing a single beam off every one of them. Man, that was a while ago... is Arcade dead now?

pr1983
'Tis just. I read a ye olde comic where Cyclops took out a room full of robits by bouncing a single beam off every one of them. Man, that was a while ago... is Arcade dead now?

no idea... any chance of an issue number?

DarkCrawler
You all also forgot that Cyclops has also taken Storm out...

Along with Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat and Lockheed. smile

He took them all out alone.

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You all also forgot that Cyclops has also taken Storm out...

Along with Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat and Lockheed. smile

He took them all out alone.

i've heard of that issue but never read it... can you tell me what one it was?

DarkCrawler
They don't post the issue numbers on old comics here on Finland...but I try to dig it up.

pr1983
They don't post the issue numbers on old comics here on Finland...but I try to dig it up.

thank you smile

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by pr1983
no idea... any chance of an issue number? It was seriously like 10 years ago and before I knew much of anything about comics.

The comic was in book form and printed without color. They were in their oldschool costumes except for Colossus who was wearing commie overalls and fighting the X-men. All of this took place in one of Arcade's theme park dealies.

If I had to guess, it would be Classic X-Men #30-ish. I looked up Arcade appearances and googled pictures for that comic and found commie Colossus and a couple pages of Arcade doing Arcade things.

I just burned out my detective skills for like 2 weeks.

DarkCrawler
Didn't still find an issue number on the comic, but here is an pic I scanned.

He actually dodges Storm's lightning and then blasts her.

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/2582/cycvsstorm9bl.th.gif

pr1983
It was seriously like 10 years ago and before I knew much of anything about comics.

The comic was in book form and printed without color. They were in their oldschool costumes except for Colossus who was wearing commie overalls and fighting the X-men. All of this took place in one of Arcade's theme park dealies.

If I had to guess, it would be Classic X-Men #30-ish. I looked up Arcade appearances and googled pictures for that comic and found commie Colossus and a couple pages of Arcade doing Arcade things.

I just burned out my detective skills for like 2 weeks.
Didn't still find an issue number on the comic, but here is an pic I scanned.

He actually dodges Storm's lightning and then blasts her.

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/2582/cycvsstorm9bl.th.gif

thank you both, i will research this further...

pr1983
apologies for the double post

uncanny #124, cyclops destroys every robot in the danger room...

DarkCrawler
Cool...he is able to take Storm.

Swanky-Tuna
That's the ticket. I found another page to the issue and I remember wondering who Banshee was. That's the robot-clearing shot though.

demigawd
The commie Colossus you're referring to was called The Proletarian. it was in Uncanny #123 and 124. A classic. It showed that Cyclops actually had the ability to kill even Colossus, but always chose not to use his blasts in that deadly a way.

demigawd
My opinion - it's a close and fairly even battle. But with both going all out and fighting to their potential (within character), I'd give the edge to Storm. She's a little too versatile. She need not even been actively engaged on the battlefield to fight Cyclops. She can lower the temperature on him, obscure his line of sight with high winds and fog, and she can do all of that while hiding from his sight. Meanwhile, while he's trying to fight through that mess, she just fries him.

Cyclops could take a few, if he jumps on her early and takes her out quick. But in a 10 fight series, I'd give 7 to Storm.

DarkCrawler
Can infrared see through that fog? Because I believe that it was said somewhere that his glasses have infrared.

demigawd
His glasses aren't tech - it's just straight ruby quartz. Members of Extreme X-men have infrared sunglasses, however

DarkCrawler
K.

pr1983
Originally posted by demigawd
His glasses aren't tech - it's just straight ruby quartz. Members of Extreme X-men have infrared sunglasses, however

his visor i think has infared, not his shades...

DarkCrawler
Yeah, I was referencing to the visor. smile

demigawd
his visor i think has infared, not his shades...

AFAIK His visor doesn't have infrared. Where did you read this?

Scoobless
apologies for the double post

uncanny #124, cyclops destroys every robot in the danger room...

did you read X-Men "God Loves, Man Kills" Cyclops pulled out a great rebound shot to take out Charlie X at the end of that

pr1983
AFAIK His visor doesn't have infrared. Where did you read this?

afaik?

to be honest dude it was a long time ago, i dont remember where... i do remember it said cyclops' visor had some sort of scanner though... i'll look it up...

Originally posted by Scoobless
did you read X-Men "God Loves, Man Kills" Cyclops pulled out a great rebound shot to take out Charlie X at the end of that

no, i've always wanted to but never got the chance...

Scoobless
that's the story the second X-Men film was loosely based on

DarkCrawler
Cyclops has taken out about thirty soldiers with one shot. He didn't hit anyone of them, just disabled their weapons.

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
that's the story the second X-Men film was loosely based on

with stryker? i've heard if it, ive seen it in many a comic shop, just never bought it...

sry guys i cant find the damn thing i read about the visor scanner thingy...

i never saw that... cool...

demigawd
afaik?

As Far As I Know. smile

Obviously, with hundreds of issues there's probably something I missed or forgot, but I don't remember that ever being mentioned. And Scott's been in the dark plenty of times and been as blind as a bat.

pr1983
As Far As I Know. smile

Obviously, with hundreds of issues there's probably something I missed or forgot, but I don't remember that ever being mentioned. And Scott's been in the dark plenty of times and been as blind as a bat.

oh, sorry, my mistake...

yeah... i just wish i had that damn book...

Scoobless
in the cartoon he had a scanner in the visor during the sentinels storyline

demigawd
Ah, that's right....I remember that. PR, is that what might be referring to? The cartoon episode?

pr1983
Ah, that's right....I remember that. PR, is that what might be referring to? The cartoon episode?

yeah, thats it... dammit... my mistake...

stormfront13
everything thaty was posted was a while back. even though its good evidence it was still a long time ago and they both have gotten better since then. and storm has summoned lightning instantley easily before. tons of times and she does it instantley. her lightning from the sky moves faster than his optic blasts. and as demigawd said storm doesn't even need to be on the battlefield to fight cyke. during the phoenix saga storm created a field of intense cold and literally froze the fight out of him. he was incapable of fighting him afterwards. i think storm has a way greater chance of winning to the death as well as not.

Swanky-Tuna
You can clearly see in the one picture Cyclops dodging the lightning and hitting Storm with an optic blast. So it's not impossible. In fact, it may even be feasible.

stormfront13
that was from her hand. out of the sky it will be moving at near or above lightspeed. it is always slower. as i reacll in a really old comic a conversation between storm and nightcrawler they were talking about their powers and nightcrawler asked her which is beter to use- lightning from the sky or from her hands. storm said that when using lightning from the hands she will have more control over the intensity of the bolt therefore making it safer to use but when she wants to get a job done wuickly she summons lightning cause it is much faster. it is really ld and a few pages are missing (cover included) so i will try to research it to get the issue #

Swanky-Tuna
You'd think shooting it out of her hand would be much much faster than summoning a cloud then summoning lightning.

stormfront13
in some comics i have seen it hasen't even come out of a cloud confused but she can summon it instantley and it comes out instantley and moves near or above lightspeed(researching exact speed now)

pr1983
You'd think shooting it out of her hand would be much much faster than summoning a cloud then summoning lightning.

yes... because thats something we call logic... apparently not obvious to anyone else...

stormfront13
this is the comics nothing is much logic

cray z 4 sarah
this would be a really cool extended fight to see in a comic i think theres a 50 50 chance for both characters

stormfront13
here this is a bit of info on lightning from a good site

Cloud-to-ground lightning can kill or injure people by direct or indirect means. The lightning current can branch off to a person from a tree, fence, pole, or other tall object. It is not known if all people are killed who are directly struck by the flash itself. In addition, flashes may conduct their current through the ground to a person after the flash strikes a nearby tree, antenna, or other tall object. The current also may travel through power or telephone lines, or plumbing pipes to a person who is in contact with an electric appliance, telephone, or plumbing fixture.

this proves that she doesn't even need to git him

pr1983

that is such a cop out... you have no idea what you are saying...

Swanky-Tuna
this proves that she doesn't even need to git him

stormfront13
you can't change the fact that lightning is that way

pr1983

laughing

stormfront13
well i don't much agree w/ it either even though i said it but thats what most people say on this froum

pr1983
well i don't much agree w/ it either even though i said it but thats what most people say on this froum

Logic applies in everything...

Physics? No...

Realism? No...

Logic? Always...

stormfront13
yes i know and if you read my post i said i don't much agree w/ it but a lot of people say it

pr1983
yes i know and if you read my post i said i don't much agree w/ it but a lot of people say it

nobody says logic doesnt apply...

stormfront13
i've read it a few times and i never said it doesn't apply i said they aren't logical as others have said

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>