Boromir doesn't die! Sombody else does!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smodden
If you had to choose ONE member of the fellowship to die at Amon Hen, instead of Boromir, who would it be?
or would you still let Boromir die? mad

shadowy_blue
Legolas!!! eek!

joking. shifty

As much as I love Boromir, I'll still want him to die, because it's the only way. yes

yeah, I'm being terribly lame today, but I'm loving it. big grin

Elessea
I want FRODO to die stick out tongue

...well...I know he couldnt...but I dont like him...and he irritates me... so DIE FRODO DIE!

Exabyte

kanis
alien I wanted frodo to die so much that I chanted for shelob just because he is a whining weak fool who hasn't got a violent or strong bone in his body, but no boromir died instead a guy who killed at least eleven uraks with three arrows in him, enough said.

Exabyte
Is violent physical strength the only strength?

belbel300
How can you decide on someone else to die. Its impossible, there is no other way, Boromir had to die sad So I'm afaid I will have to vote for him.

Mandos
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

xXLauriëXx
i don't want any of them to die cry
no! don't kill frodo! or legolas! or gimli or agagorn or sam! no no no don't do it! fear
*remembers that the books have already been written* embarrasment

Mandos
FRODO MUST DIE!

Smodden
Lots of people seem to want Frodo to die.no expression

But after reading exa's post it seems like Boromir IS the only member of the fellowhip that should die in the story.
And he does seem like the most obvious choice. And no doubt if any of the other characters died...it would change the rest of the story dramaticly.

But perhaps it is the TIMING of the deaths that would choose wheter it be fitting or not.

True that Gimli's death at Amon Hen would seem like an unwanted character...easily exited to make room for more 'important' characters. But what if he had died at the black gate instead?

But at the TIME...Amon Hen, at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring, Boromir is the only choice.

Had Merry been killed...the orcs might have taken SAM and pippen. Leaving Frodo to defend for himself. And even altering the paths of Rohan -Theoden, and Eowyn.

Had Aragorn been killed, Merry and Pippen would have been abondoned to torment and death, leaving legolas and gimli...following frodo, or just going back to their own lands.

But everything happened for a reason. and if any of these events were altered or changed, the outcome and ending would be very different.

The lives and even deaths of each character, are what drives the story of the 3rd age.

Thorondor
Merry

SlipknoT
Legolas, cant stand him.

ladygrim
ill stay with the death of boromir im not a fan of his

belbel300
noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! noone can die

rohanspear543
Legolas gots to die

Clovie
borommir. i don't like him
or legolas, coz he was played by bloom messed

belbel300
nooooooooo

Clovie
what no?

belbel300
no one can die!!!

Clovie
world is too small for everyone to survive

belbel300
yes, but not in Middle Earth crybaby

Clovie
so gollum and sauron should survive too?

The Inkeeper
Well sauron should, definately.

Clovie
*starts SAVE THE SAURON campany* wink

The Inkeeper
Thankya hug

Clovie
you're wlecome hug

belbel300
nooooo, only GOOD people should survive. Everyone bad DIE DIE DIEriflespam_laser

xXLauriëXx
don't kill chris cry

belbel300
only bad people, hang on, he is sauron!!!! confused

belbel300
i'm confused

Elessea
*joins campaign to keep sauron alvie*

ladygrim
smile

rohanspear543
If boromirs gonna live I too will join!(fellowship music)

ladygrim
laughing out loud

gollum 921
gollum definatly should not die

linkslittlehelp
everyone else ismy favorite and borimir has to die because then there wouldnt be much good sub-adventures after the fellowship breaks up and if he dosnt die then he would be alone cause he triedb to kill the ring berer and take the one ring and also if he didnt die protecting merry and pippen they both would be dead and thats not nice

linkslittlehelp
Originally posted by gollum 921
gollum definatly should not die

gollum not a choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.