My new electric Guitar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PeaveyROcker
hey guys i was just wondering what kind of Electric Guitar i should buy. i have been playing it pretty strong for about 2 years. but i have only had one Guitar. its a Peavey (my Screen name ) and thats the only Guitar i have ever had. so i dont know the really good and bad Brands. so i am asking you people who have good knowledge on guitar brands and prices. thanks.

Darth Jello
it depends on what you play, if you are into punk, surf, or jazz, get a Fender Jazzmaster or Jaguar (i prefer the Jazzmaster). If you are into a heavier sound, get an Gibson SG, preferrably with two humbuckers.

Smasandian
Yah, and how they feel when you play them.
I had a cheap Strat until somebody broke into my apt and stole it. It was okay, but I love to get my hands on a Les Paul.

Darth Revan
Get a Fender, or maybe a nice Les Paul. Anything else is the work of Satan. smile

Seriously though, I'm a Fender man myself, but it's all personal opinion. There isn't really "good" or "bad," it's just what you like. Go into a guitar shop and try out as many as you can, disregarding brand and price. That's the best thing to do if you're not sure what you want. Then later go back with a price range in mind and look at the things you liked.

Korri
Just dont by an ESP or i will be forced to kill you.

Jackie Malfoy
Heavy!jm thumb up

PeaveyROcker
well i like to play from heavy to punk stuff. it depends. but i have a Peavey right now and i took it in to a local shop and they said it was worth about $420. so i dunno its in "OK" condidtion but at that shop they had a buncha cheap stuff like washburn and only $250 guitars so i thik i need to go online to get a good one. by the way theres a new AMP that you came get. damn i cant remember the name but the amp has more settings on it and they have the petel settings on it too so you dont need to buy a petel. BUT I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME! it was like Roodland or somthing.

sk8stuff09
it depends....fenders are really good quality for a reasonable price, gibsons are really good quality too, but tend to be alot more pricey....if ur willing to pay 300-500$, alot of fenders are in the price range, while most gibsons are 1000$ and up, some SG's are below 800$ though.

moises
Originally posted by PeaveyROcker
hey guys i was just wondering what kind of Electric Guitar i should buy. i have been playing it pretty strong for about 2 years. but i have only had one Guitar. its a Peavey (my Screen name ) and thats the only Guitar i have ever had. so i dont know the really good and bad Brands. so i am asking you people who have good knowledge on guitar brands and prices. thanks.

Go with a Fender

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.