Magneto vs. Green Lantern vs. Invisible Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
I always thought these three had awsome powers, want to see who you guys think will win

Only rule , or condition, is that there is no yellow weakness for the Green Lantern.

Debate.

Tormentor_2004
Magneto mosp the floor with them. If he sees Invisible Woman hitting Green Lantern, he'd know wher she is. First he would kill IW then beat the crap out of GL

Draco69
Most likely to win:

1) Magneto (normal one)/Green Lantern
2) IW

Blair Wind
ok just a question....in another thread it was stated that certain forms of telepathy could not go through one of IW fields...mainly a mind bolt....also that icemans control over water molecules would not work inside her fields....could the same be said about Magnetos control over magnatism? just wondering because he could do the whole iron in your blood thing but if his control was blocked by the force field then what could he do to an invisible attacker?

Scoobless
Sue's ability to create forcefields inside people make her one of the most dangerous people on the planet..... if she was given reason to do that... ie, her child was threatened...... if she's fighting with normal mentality she gets wasted...... i think a decent GL could take down Magneto

hoorayforpeepee
the sue shield thing has never been figured out (to my knowledge). for an extensive review on the findings, view the "F4 versus these 4 x-men i choose" thread.

gl is just invisible woman with alot more range.

and magneto would win 6/10, gl 3/10, invisible woman 1/10

Scoobless
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee

not even close, Sue can only create shapes, GL can create things with moving parts and chemical reactions eg a flamethrower

Quick Freeze
finally, a good 3 way match up, i was waiting for one of these to show up again. its a really tough call, but i say gl because he can just put them in a giant green bubble and send it to the sun

Arachnoidfreak
Depends what Green Lantern we are talking about. A Green Lantern weilds more power than Magneto, but Magneto has worlds of experience. If we're talking about Hal Jordan, he wins. If we're talking about that loser John Stewart, Magneto wins.

Sue Richards has a chance if she's desperate, but I don't see her winning.

BootlegBoys420
Im With Arachnoid...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
the sue shield thing has never been figured out (to my knowledge). for an extensive review on the findings, view the "F4 versus these 4 x-men i choose" thread.

and magneto would win 6/10, gl 3/10, invisible woman 1/10

I did go there thats were i got my references from...and thats why I was saying if Magneto cannot attack Sue from inside her sheild than how can he attack her?? I mean most of you people are saying that magneto would win....and thats great, but how?? i mean what can he do if he cant affect her inside her sheild and shes invisible??? Im just wondering...And about GL.... it's not just more range...he can create working machines.... I'm not picking sides right now but this would be an awsome fight. rock

Blair Wind
back from the ashes i give u this fight......(fancy way of saying bump)

Cosmic Cube
Sue's forcefields are unbreakable. Doesn't mean much in this fight, though.

Current power levels, Magneto owns.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I did go there thats were i got my references from...and thats why I was saying if Magneto cannot attack Sue from inside her sheild than how can he attack her?? I mean most of you people are saying that magneto would win....and thats great, but how?? i mean what can he do if he cant affect her inside her sheild and shes invisible??? Im just wondering...And about GL.... it's not just more range...he can create working machines.... I'm not picking sides right now but this would be an awsome fight. rock

where does it say magnetic fields are inoperable within her shields?

Beyonder
Where did it say that he can?

Sue's force can block most attacks including telepathy. Not saying that magnetism and telepathy are the same thing, but there's no evidence that Magneto can affect Sue when her force field is up.

K Von Doom
Dazzler's light cuts through IW's forcefields. Light is in the EM spectrum, hence Mag's power gets through as well. Heh.

Wickerman
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Dazzler's light cuts through IW's forcefields. Light is in the EM spectrum, hence Mag's power gets through as well. Heh.

And if that's not enough, all Mags needs to do is find out where she is. He can then properly blink and all the metal in the vicinity create a spheric cage around the spot where he thinks she is then start squeezing. The force with which that metal will be squeezing will eventually wear her down. She has to concentrate in order to keep the shield up. And i've seen her feint more times than Jubilee got kidnapped.

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
ok to make this more interesting....the GL is Hal, Mags doesnt not have the whole black hole and new powers.....and everyone is in a bloodthirsy fight.......

Wickerman
ok to make this more interesting....the GL is Hal, Mags doesnt not have the whole black hole and new powers.....and everyone is in a bloodthirsy fight.......

Awww...why don't we just give GL Mjolnir too? Come on, it'll be fun What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
ok fine....Gl is Kyle.....i will that be a better fight?

K3VIL
The IW force fields can be shutted down from her mental fatigue, now both Magneto and GL had plenty of ways to cause her huge mental fatigue:
Enhancing their physical strenght into the Class 100 Strenght level, punching the field around her until she collapse on the ground for the feedback then kill her.

Magneto can use light to pass through the field, and so can GL.

Magneto can jam her brain impulses.

Magneto can surround her face in a metal cage and then aument the pressure until her face is a jam of flesh and bones into a metal box.

Just to name a few chances

Also, someone here needs to read more about John Stewart, the guy was able to create a huge starship even equipped with small ships to use in case of emergency, and it takes a lot of will power, experience and mastery over the GL power to do it.

He can also do much of the Thing Maggy can do, but the battle will be tough anyway.
Hal Jordan will be tough too.Hal in bloodlust mode is a force to reckon with, we all saw what he do in Emeral Twilight, he destroyed most of the GL Corp top dogs, even his mentor, and Sinestro.
Back to Magneto support, he can detect the IW through the waves created from her movement then beat down her.

Wickerman
ok fine....Gl is Kyle.....i will that be a better fight?

smile it doesn't matter really, i was just messing wit ya. But i still think Magneto would win, even if GL was Hal. But you can't strip Magneto of his awesome powers.
PS: I remember when IW was calling herself Malice once she could create her force field inside of people and make it slowly expand, virtually killing them. Would that affect magneto if he's inside his own shield or GL who is protected by his ring?

~wickerman~

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Good point.

That would make this awfully one-sided.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K3VIL
The IW force fields can be shutted down from her mental fatigue, now both Magneto and GL had plenty of ways to cause her huge mental fatigue:
Enhancing their physical strenght into the Class 100 Strenght level, punching the field around her until she collapse on the ground for the feedback then kill her.

Magneto can use light to pass through the field, and so can GL.

Magneto can jam her brain impulses.

Magneto can surround her face in a metal cage and then aument the pressure until her face is a jam of flesh and bones into a metal box.

Just to name a few chances

Also, someone here needs to read more about John Stewart, the guy was able to create a huge starship even equipped with small ships to use in case of emergency, and it takes a lot of will power, experience and mastery over the GL power to do it.

He can also do much of the Thing Maggy can do, but the battle will be tough anyway.
Hal Jordan will be tough too.Hal in bloodlust mode is a force to reckon with, we all saw what he do in Emeral Twilight, he destroyed most of the GL Corp top dogs, even his mentor, and Sinestro.
Back to Magneto support, he can detect the IW through the waves created from her movement then beat down her.

K3VIL has a point. IW's forcefields are impenetrable, but she can only hold them up for so long. For instance, when Galactus tried to break her forcefield, she started to mentally tire, and after a while, she had to drop it. But then again, it was Galactus. Her mind must be able to withstand a lot.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
K3VIL has a point. IW's forcefields are impenetrable, but she can only hold them up for so long. For instance, when Galactus tried to break her forcefield, she started to mentally tire, and after a while, she had to drop it. But then again, it was Galactus. Her mind must be able to withstand a lot.

I said something pretty much like that on the 1st page: "And if that's not enough, all Mags needs to do is find out where she is. He can then properly blink and all the metal in the vicinity create a spheric cage around the spot where he thinks she is then start squeezing. The force with which that metal will be squeezing will eventually wear her down. She has to concentrate in order to keep the shield up. And i've seen her feint more times than Jubilee got kidnapped."

~wickerman~

K3VIL
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Yes it was Galactus, but on other occasions her field dropped cause physical force shockwaves and impact mentally tired her, like against Hulk for example.Maggy is not Hulk but he can reach Class 100 Strenght through his powers, and a GL can just surround himself with a battle armor powered by the ring, that grant the GL Class 100 Strenght, like Kyle did with the Hyperclan robot like member.

GalacticStorm
IW is given way too much credit on these forums and i really dont know why. Yes she can be really dangerous but her powers can be emulated by any half decent telepath telekinetic. Classic Thor has battered down IW's as has Annihillus(last month in FF: Foes) and he is only class 50. In a full on battle both GL and Mags could get through her shields while protecting themselves with their own. In my opinion Magneto wins this. Especially at his current power level.

Where has it been stated that Sues shields can block out telepathy. Apparently this was just assumed by many people when the FF rescued Jean Grey from the Phoenix cocoon and she attacked them.

Sue enveloped in her shield snuck up on Jean and threatened her from behind. Jean was surprised that she didnt sense her telepathically. People assumed from this that IWs shields block telepathy when in fact you later found out that Jean didnt sense IW because she had temporarily lost her telepathy.

If IW's fields could block out telepathy why then did onslaught own her and her family telepathically in the Baxter building. Surely she would have protected herself if she could.

GalacticStorm
bump

Xplosive
Green Latern.

Blair Wind
ok since no one's gonna play devils advocate im gonna do it......couldnt IW just put a bubble in both their brains while invisible? because in the time that she has invisible when know one knows where she is, she can just expand a bubble in the head, lung, heart.........i mean the other two might have ways of finding her but there not gonna find her in less than a minute.....maybe even more time if there too busy fighting themselves.....

GalacticStorm
ok since no one's gonna play devils advocate im gonna do it......couldnt IW just put a bubble in both their brains while invisible? because in the time that she has invisible when know one knows where she is, she can just expand a bubble in the head, lung, heart.........i mean the other two might have ways of finding her but there not gonna find her in less than a minute.....maybe even more time if there too busy fighting themselves.....

No BW that wouldnt work, especially not if Mags has a shield around him as is the norm for him not just in battle but as a day to day precaution. Magneto just like Storm and Polaris sees the world as energy patterns. Its his natural vision howver he can switch between that andnormal vision at will. He would spot IW in an instant be it from sensing and seeing the natural biomagnetic field emanating from her as it does from all living beings, or from the heat shes giving off.

Blair Wind
ok...just to be annoying.......what does Mags sheild have to do with IW bubbles? how could his magnetism supress IW bubbles?...and if Mags and Gl are fighting whos to say that IW wont just win?.......i like all three and i dont really care who wins i was just trying to defend the only person that know one else was defending.....i picked all three for their forcefields......i always thought that if all three of them were made into an amalgam that they would rock......so what does everyone else think? Gl, Mags, or IW all bloodthirsty......going all out......who wins?

GalacticStorm
ok...just to be annoying.......what does Mags sheild have to do with IW bubbles? how could his magnetism supress IW bubbles?...and if Mags and Gl are fighting whos to say that IW wont just win?.......i like all three and i dont really care who wins i was just trying to defend the only person that know one else was defending.....i picked all three for their forcefields......i always thought that if all three of them were made into an amalgam that they would rock......so what does everyone else think? Gl, Mags, or IW all bloodthirsty......going all out......who wins?

I didnt think IW's powers could affect someone from within their shield. If im wrong someone please correct me with a reference. Invisible woman creates her shapes and forcefield by shaping psionic energy. Magnetos electromagnetic energies interfere with psionic energies. That is fact. It is the reason why xaviers powers can no longer operate at the vast distances they used to(Magneto manipulated the earths electromagnetic fields to make it so. Check Essential Xmen Vol 1)

Therefore she wont be able to bypass his shields, Mags will be able to see her, BYE BYE Susie!!

Blair Wind
Ok now i remember that fact ( it was brought up in a Manhunter vs X thread)......i forgot that the telepaths in the Marvel world worked through electromagnetic means...and that sue's powers were mind related....dammit.....oh well......what about GL and Mags? i mean most powerful weapon in the universe has to count for something.....

GalacticStorm
Ok now i remember that fact ( it was brought up in a Manhunter vs X thread)......i forgot that the telepaths in the Marvel world worked through electromagnetic means...and that sue's powers were mind related....dammit.....oh well......what about GL and Mags? i mean most powerful weapon in the universe has to count for something.....

Most powerful weapon in the universe? Psssh puh-lease thats just a corny line Dc hav been using for decades. Seriously now what would you rather have a GL ring or the infinity gauntlet, mjolnir, stormbreaker, quantum bands,etc. I know id rather have any of them.

Anyway i go for Magneto in a GL vs Mags bout. Mags is insanely powerful. He can incinerate supposedly nigh invulnerable people with a gesture(he did this to membersof the neo a few years back) Come on!! The man singlehandedly rapes whole rosters of Marvels superhero teams. Hes done this many a time to the Xmen and the avengers.

Come up with a strategy for GL against Mags and i bet i could counter it. Mags powers are too vast and his control istop notch especially at his current power level.

K3VIL
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Most powerful weapon in the universe? Psssh puh-lease thats just a corny line Dc hav been using for decades. Seriously now what would you rather have a GL ring or the infinity gauntlet, mjolnir, stormbreaker, quantum bands,etc. I know id rather have any of them.

Anyway i go for Magneto in a GL vs Mags bout. Mags is insanely powerful. He can incinerate supposedly nigh invulnerable people with a gesture(he did this to membersof the neo a few years back) Come on!! The man singlehandedly rapes whole rosters of Marvels superhero teams. Hes done this many a time to the Xmen and the avengers.

Come up with a strategy for GL against Mags and i bet i could counter it. Mags powers are too vast and his control istop notch especially at his current power level.
Hal Jordan beat down a JLA roster in which there were Superman and Martian Manhunter.The ring is hella powerful.

Blair Wind
yea it is.......and its the ring thats powerful but the ring wielder that takes the power to varying degrees..... I mean Hal could probably take Mags....but kyle isnt hal.....could Kyle take Mags?

Beyonder

If IW's fields could block out telepathy why then did onslaught own her and her family telepathically in the Baxter building. Surely she would have protected herself if she could.

Blah blah blah...she hid Cable during her venture with Apocalypse into the Astral Plane to attack Onslaught. So can she? Obviously yes.

?Magneto isn't Dazzler. What next? Magneto converts sound into light?

And offcourse light can past through, that's why you can see Sue even though she has her shield up. Otherwise how can she be visible if light doesn't pass through the shield?

Just cause light passes through, it still doesn't mean Magneto's powers will work. Magneto and Dazzler aren't the same. Furthermore, she can convert sound into light. Guess what, Sue and everybody with shields can hear even though they have shields up.

Blair Wind
but what there trying to say is, i think, that since Mags powers work with all the electromagnetic spectrum he could create light since Magnetism is NOT his only power.....just the easiest to use.....I dont know.....anyone out there that can think of a way that GL wins this? I know more about Mags and his powers than I do about all the power the rings have.....so someone more educated can go at it if they please

Cosmic Cube
but what there trying to say is, i think, that since Mags powers work with all the electromagnetic spectrum he could create light since Magnetism is NOT his only power.....just the easiest to use.....I dont know.....anyone out there that can think of a way that GL wins this? I know more about Mags and his powers than I do about all the power the rings have.....so someone more educated can go at it if they please

Not necessarily. Sound isn't electromagnetic radiation. The sound could penetrate IW's shield, then be transmuted into light. The force fields can manipulate light. That's why they're invisible.

Beyonder
but what there trying to say is, i think, that since Mags powers work with all the electromagnetic spectrum he could create light since Magnetism is NOT his only power.....just the easiest to use.....I dont know.....

So he's going to shine a light on things?

Wickerman
This is all beyond the point. The main idea is that IW can go down easier than the other two. All it takes is some force being put on her shield and she feints. Problem here is that while one of them is taking her out the third person can just surprise that guy and then take out IW himself. That's why 1vs1vs1 sucks.

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
ok but now that we've stated that IW will go down first, who's gonna win between Gl and Mags?

Beyonder
Originally posted by Wickerman
This is all beyond the point. The main idea is that IW can go down easier than the other two. All it takes is some force being put on her shield and she feints. Problem here is that while one of them is taking her out the third person can just surprise that guy and then take out IW himself. That's why 1vs1vs1 sucks.

~wickerman~

Um yeah okay. Of the three, their going after the woman first? roll eyes (sarcastic) If anything, both the guys are duking out first. Hell, she goes invisible neither of them are crushing anything.

She goes invisible and puts up a shield. How are either going to crush the shield if they can't even see her. Both will end up with invisible force spikes in their brain and heart before either knows what hit them. She'll kill them before they can find her and break her shield.

Invisible Woman takes this.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Beyonder
Um yeah okay. Of the three, their going after the woman first? roll eyes (sarcastic) If anything, both the guys are duking out first. Hell, she goes invisible neither of them are crushing anything.

She goes invisible and puts up a shield. How are either going to crush the shield if they can't even see her. Both will end up with invisible force spikes in their brain and heart before either knows what hit them. She'll kill them before they can find her and break her shield.

1.Magneto can detect movement and even beings performing teleport thanks to his link with the EM field.
2.Magneto can just emit an Omni-Beam like IM, but more powerful.
A blast of heat, gamma rays, light, concussive force, x-rays, electricity etc. and emit it in omnidirectional way, a PBAoE attack, that will obviously cause her mental fatigue and shut down her field, then K.O. her with ease.Powerful attacks against the IW not only shut down her fields but also her invisibility.

Wickerman

dude, i'm sure you like IW but you're preaching to the wrong crowd. We've already established that Magneto sees through the EM field, and can detect her location no matter what. As for that nifty shield she puts around, both Magneto and GL can take it out with incredible ease. I'm not saying they go after her in the first instant, but they won't let her harm them either. I don't know which of Magneto and GL will win, but it sure as hell won't be IW.

~wickerman~

GalacticStorm

Not quite Beyonder roll eyes (sarcastic) Magneto perceives things as energy patterns just as storm and polaris do. He could pinpoint her bioelectric field which all living things give off. Polaris has detected robot imposters through their lack of this field. Magneto can see her via infra red also. IW aint hiding from him im afraid. big grin

Wickerman
Not quite Beyonder roll eyes (sarcastic) Magneto perceives things as energies patterns just as storm and polaris do. He could pinpoint her bioelectric field which all living things give off. Polaris has detected robot imposters through their lack of this field. Magneto can see her via infra red also. IW aint hiding from him im afraid. big grin

LOLOLOL laughing You, K3VIL and i wrote pretty much the same thing at the same time laughing

~wickerman~

Beyonder
1.Magneto can detect movement and even beings performing teleport thanks to his link with the EM field.
2.Magneto can just emit an Omni-Beam like IM, but more powerful.
A blast of heat, gamma rays, light, concussive force, x-rays, electricity etc. and emit it in omnidirectional way, a PBAoE attack, that will obviously cause her mental fatigue and shut down her field, then K.O. her with ease.Powerful attacks against the IW not only shut down her fields but also her invisibility.

Um no. He's gonna do that when GL hammering at him? Come on, her shield's will hold; she kill him before he has time to attack her. This is a three way battle.

Mainstream
It's basically a battle between Magneto and GL IW won't be that much of a factor

GalacticStorm
Oh yeah LOL laughing

Beyonder
Not quite Beyonder roll eyes (sarcastic) Magneto perceives things as energies patterns just as storm and polaris do. He could pinpoint her bioelectric field which all living things give off. Polaris has detected robot imposters through their lack of this field. Magneto can see her via infra red also. IW aint hiding from him im afraid. big grin

?Sue's power derieves from the dimension of the Celestials, not sure what the EM spectrum have to do with Sue's power.

Wickerman
Um no. He's gonna do that when GL hammering at him? Come on, her shield's will hold; she kill him before he has time to attack her. This is a three way battle.

So what you're saying is that a second rate telepath/tk is going to suceed where Jean and Xavier have failed right? Cool. Just wanted to be sure.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
lol tongue10

Beyonder
So what you're saying is that a second rate telepath/tk is going to suceed where Jean and Xavier have failed right? Cool. Just wanted to be sure.

~wickerman~

GL is a telepath? Or are you talking about Sue?

Wickerman
?Sue's power derieves from the dimension of the Celestials, not sure what the EM spectrum have to do with Sue's power.

Does Sue have a brain? Ok....does she have electricity in her body? Well...since she's not a rock i suppose so...cool....questions mon ami?

~wickerman~

Wickerman
GL is a telepath? Or are you talking about Sue?

yes, talking about Sue

~wickerman~

GalacticStorm

She might make her body invisible but its still going to give off heat, her bodys bioelectric field would still be detectable also.

Beyonder
Does Sue have a brain? Ok....does she have electricity in her body? Well...since she's not a rock i suppose so...cool....questions mon ami?

~wickerman~

With her shield up. What part of that don't you get? Jean hasn't broken through her shield before. She also hid Cable from everyone during her travel with Apocalyspe in the astral plane to fight Onslaught. What part of that don't you get? She has a brain. Telepath's detect people's mind. Obviously, they can't since Cable was hidden.

yes, talking about Sue

~wickerman~

What the hell does this have anything to do with the fact that GL's hammering at Magento?

Does she have a brain? Does Cable have a brain? Yes and yes. Her shield has hidden both their minds.

Wickerman
She might make her body invisible but its still going to give off heat, her bodys bioelectric field would still be detectable also.

that's what i meant by asking if she has a brain...was refering to her bioelectric field stick out tongue

~wickerman~

Beyonder

If he can detect her, he's still going to have to break through. How's he going to do that when GL's smashing a giant sledge hammer at Magneto?

He's gonna have to break through her shield first. Spikes to the head and Magneto's dead.

Wickerman
With her shield up. What part of that don't you get? Jean hasn't broken through her shield before. She also hid Cable from everyone during her travel with Apocalyspe in the astral plane to fight Onslaught. What part of that don't you get? She has a brain. Telepath's detect people's mind. Obviously, they can't since Cable was hidden.

My friend, what i meant about Jean and Xavier was that you're saying a second rate telepath/tk can defeat Magneto...even KILL him. As for Jean not being able to see through her shield, Magneto doesn't try to scan for her mind. My bad for not being more explicit. I meant that he would see her bioelectric field generated by her mind.

What the hell does this have anything to do with the fact that GL's hammering at Magento?

Does she have a brain? Does Cable have a brain? Yes and yes. Her shield has hidden both their minds.

Again, refering to her bioelectric field.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
If he can detect her, he's still going to have to break through. How's he going to do that when GL's smashing a giant sledge hammer at Magneto?

He's gonna have to break through her shield first. Spikes to the head and Magneto's dead.

Again, like i said before, it doesn't take a whole lot of concentration on Mags's side to encase her in a metal sphere and squeze. She'll tire and feint. Hell, with that kinda force pounding on her, i doubt she could keep the shield up for long.

Also, you keep assuming that Magneto goes after her first, and GL doesn't. He can get rid of her just as fast.

Also, you're assuming her powers can penetrate Magneto's evolved mind (not to mention his own magnetic shield). And if the most powerful telepaths in the world couldn't (Ok, Xavier barely could, and he still couldn't kill the guy) why should she?

~wickerman~

Beyonder
My friend, what i meant about Jean and Xavier was that you're saying a second rate telepath/tk can defeat Magneto...even KILL him. As for Jean not being able to see through her shield, Magneto doesn't try to scan for her mind. My bad for not being more explicit. I meant that he would see her bioelectric field generated by her mind.
~wickerman~

laughing out loud It's obvious you don't no much about Sue. Telepath? Sue can create invisible force field and constructs. She can create a force bubble or spike inside Magento's brain and kill him by expanding it. This is why she's the FF most powerful teammate.

Further, her powers derieve from the home dimension as the Celestials. She ain't like mutants or even her teammates.

Wickerman
laughing out loud It's obvious you don't no much about Sue. Telepath? Sue can create invisible force field and constructs. She can create a force bubble or spike inside Magento's brain and kill him by expanding it. This is why she's the FF most powerful teammate.

Further, her powers derieve from the home dimension as the Celestials. She ain't like mutants or even her teammates.

In this case the origin of her powers doesn't matter. They're psionic just like Xavier and Jean. Also, i might not know that much about Sue, but you possibly don't know that much about Xavier and Jean as well. I REALLY doubt IW would succeed in hurting Magneto.

~wickerman~

Beyonder
In this case the origin of her powers doesn't matter. They're psionic just like Xavier and Jean. Also, i might not know that much about Sue, but you possibly don't know that much about Xavier and Jean as well. I REALLY doubt IW would succeed in hurting Magneto.

~wickerman~

It ain't psionic. Stop trying to categorize her with telepaths. She isn't one. Her powers operate differently from their's. Her shield has block telepathy before, but it isn't telepathy.

GalacticStorm
Iws powers couldnt bypass Mags shields. They are psionic in nature and if you had read the whole thread beyonder you'll know Mags powers interfere with psionic energies.

If you remember Magnetos battle in Xmen a few years back with phoenixes quickly gathered team. Magneto disabled Xaviers psionic powers physically by controlling the flow of iron in his brain. He did this with little effort and still managed to battle phoenix and the team. Sues powers are psionic. Magneto could no doubt repeat the trick on her and then kill her. Leaving GL to fight

GalacticStorm
It ain't psionic. Stop trying to categorize her with telepaths. She isn't one. Her powers operate differently from their's. Her shield has block telepathy before, but it isn't telepathy.

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond
Other Distinguishing Features: None

Known Superhuman Powers: Sue Richards' psionic ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy enables her to bend light around her body without distortion, thus rendering herself invisible. The cells of her body produce an unknown form of energy she can mentally project around other people and objects -- rending them invisible, as well. Richards' brain cells produce psionic force she can shape into relatively simple forms - such as rectangle planes, globes, cylinders, cones and domes. Also, she can mentally project protective fields that are highly resistant to concussive forces. And by projecting columns of psionic force beneath her, she can travel through the air.

U were saying? wink

Heres a link just in case your love for Sue leaves you in denial:
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=347

Wickerman

Known Superhuman Powers: Sue Richards' psionic ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy enables her to bend light around her body without distortion, thus rendering herself invisible. The cells of her body produce an unknown form of energy she can mentally project around other people and objects -- rending them invisible, as well. Richards' brain cells produce psionic force she can shape into relatively simple forms - such as rectangle planes, globes, cylinders, cones and domes. Also, she can mentally project protective fields that are highly resistant to concussive forces. And by projecting columns of psionic force beneath her, she can travel through the air.

U were saying? wink

i would've put up a similar quote taken from mutanthigh. However, you beat me to it, and it's irrelevant anyway. I understand the dude, don't get me wrong, but just saying "Spikes in the head and Magneto's dead" ain't really how it works sad

~wickerman~

K3VIL
Magneto needs only half an hour to manipulate the Earth Poles, an Omni Beam to beat down the IW will need seconds.

Beyonder

U were saying? wink

I was saying she isn't psionic. Marvel Directories categorizes her as psionic than she is psionic. But she ain't to be categorized with Jean or Xavier. Neither of them operate with the same power she does.

When either Xavier or Jean can create constructs, knock down Galactus, or bust through a Celestial's armor, than we'll talk. Also she isn't even a mutant. Neither Xavier nor Jean's power come from the Celestial's realm, so why should anyone assume they function the same?

stormfront13
well i'm not voting for anyone but other people argue that storm can't get into psionic blocked shields since she manipulates the weather PSIONICALLY, but she can get through psionic blocked shields, she even dd it to magnetos, so if sue psionically manipulates her powers as well then she should be able to do it. they both use their powers psionically and one has gotten, and the other hasn't tried yet. she should be able to do it, but maybe theres another reason she can't idk.

Blair Wind
no Gl supporters? I thought for sure 11 would come and say something....oh well......i still think any of them could take it.....

Blair Wind
i heard (or read) that Gl's ring can control the electromagnetic spectrum
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/green_lantern/gl.html

anyways....who do you guys think will win between mags and Gl.....and if somebody can come up with a way for IW to win...go for it

Beyonder
i heard (or read) that Gl's ring can control the electromagnetic spectrum
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/green_lantern/gl.html

anyways....who do you guys think will win between mags and Gl.....and if somebody can come up with a way for IW to win...go for it

No. For some reason, either GL or Magneto will first target IW and take her out even though it's a three way. Then Magneto wins automatically. There's actually no GL vs. Magneto. They just say there's one just to give GL fans some hope.

Blair Wind
nah man......dont give up.....if you think IW can win then keep thinking that...post ways she can win though......it is a THREE way battle....so whos to say what can happen.......just post what you guys think

Wynndar

U were saying? wink

That is inaccurate...Sue's powers r not psionic...marvel directory is inaccurate and antiquated. Nathaniel Richards has apparently studied her fields even more than Reed and explained that her power comes from Hyperspace and has the same composition as the power of the celestials.

Wynndar
additionally, Sue can make herself invisible on every plane of the electromagnetic spectrum nowadays...it used to be that she couldnt even hide her thermodynamics...her powers have advanced since then though...and dont even get on her daughter, Valeria's abilities r even more derived than IW's.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Wynndar
additionally, Sue can make herself invisible on every plane of the electromagnetic spectrum nowadays...it used to be that she couldnt even hide her thermodynamics...her powers have advanced since then though...and dont even get on her daughter, Valeria's abilities r even more derived than IW's.

Well whenever youre ready to post some scans, credible proof etc we'll accept that, but until such times my argument still stands

GalacticStorm
"The cells of her body produce an unknown form of energy she can mentally project around other people and objects -- rending them invisible, as well"

That line from the bio supports what you're saying, however this energy she produces/draws on from hyperspace to make herself and others invisible, she controls and manipulates psionically.

K3VIL
She can't avoid his body to produce rumors, Magneto can find her through scanning radiowaves and jam her brain.

Beyonder
She can't avoid his body to produce rumors, Magneto can find her through scanning radiowaves and jam her brain.

Riiiight. Jam her brain? Telepath doesn't pass her shield, but Magneto's power will?

Wickerman
Riiiight. Jam her brain? Telepath doesn't pass her shield, but Magneto's power will?

Apply enough force against the shield and it goes down. They don't even have to do it constantly so you can say "GL takes Magneto out while he's pounding on her".

~wickerman~

Beyonder
Apply enough force against the shield and it goes down. They don't even have to do it constantly so you can say "GL takes Magneto out while he's pounding on her".

~wickerman~

?His spikes would come out his brain before he's broken her shield.

Wickerman
?His spikes would come out his brain before he's broken her shield.

who has this "spikes through the brain" actually worked on till now? Just curious, since you don't seem to believe that they won't affect him.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Sue has easily thrust a spike through Galactus' chest...saying she cant hurt GL or Mags is laughable.

GalacticStorm
Sue cant just make these spikes magically appear on the inside of one of Mags' forcefields. Especially with her shapes being made of psionic force which mags powers interfere with. Its her invisibility powers that are drawn from hyperspace. These energies she manipulates psionically to make her and others invisible. However her shapes and forcefields are composed of psionic force

ZephroCarnelian
Is Mags more invulnerable to harm than Galactus?

If IW can harm G then she can do the same to Mags only easier...

Stands to reason.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Is Mags more invulnerable to harm than Galactus?

If IW can harm G then she can do the same to Mags only easier...

Stands to reason.

Last month Annihilus shattered Sues shields like they were nothing. Annihilus is class 50 and has nothing on current Mags. So surely Mags could do the same. Stands to reaosn wink

Galactus was also no doubt weak and doesnt make a point of having a shield up like Magneto so Sue attacked his body directly. A bit different to attacking Mags' shields. Mags shields withstand attacks from a rosters of the avengers and the xmen. They would do the same against just IW. Stands to reason roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beyonder
Last month Annihilus shattered Sues shields like they were nothing. Annihilus is class 50 and has nothing on current Mags. So surely Mags could do the same. Stands to reaosn wink

Galactus was also no doubt weak and doesnt make a point of having a shield up like Magneto so Sue attacked his body directly. A bit different to attacking Mags' shields. Mags shields withstand attacks from a rosters of the avengers and the xmen. They would do the same against just IW. Stands to reason roll eyes (sarcastic)

Annihilus also invaded Asgard. Thor couldn't stop him; Odin did.

You think she broke into Exitar's armor by using her invisible powers? Please stop it. She used her contruct to break into Exitar's armor. All her powers come from hyperspace, home of the Celestials.

stormfront13
even if sue uses her powers psionically, so does storm and storm had no problem getting inside mags shield, this shouldn't be too much different. but i don't think sue would win anyway

GalacticStorm
Annihilus also invaded Asgard. Thor couldn't stop him; Odin did.

You think she broke into Exitar's armor by using her invisible powers? Please stop it. She used her contruct to break into Exitar's armor. All her powers come from hyperspace, home of the Celestials.

Well Magneto can and has held his own against classic thor and his team and i have no doubt that magneto could beat annihilus to. so whats your point? Looks like Magneto can get through IW's shields with no trouble.

Beyonder if you read the Marvel handbook you will see it confirmed that Sues shields and constructs are psionic force. Her cells draw on the energy from hyperspace which are shaped by Sue psionically. Im not saying her powers are entirely psionic. Im saying they are psionic based.

Psionic powers are enough to break Celestial armour. Jean Greys done this before in Xfactor.

"You think she broke into Exitar's armor by using her invisible powers?"

Boy what on earth are you waffling about please read my posts properly to prevent yourself from looking silly again in the near future roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beyonder
Well Magneto can and has held his own against classic thor and his team and i have no doubt that magneto could beat annihilus to. so whats your point? Looks like Magneto can get through IW's shields with no trouble.

?Point is Thor couldn't stop Annihilus from invading Asgard. Odin did. Annihilus ain't no weakling.

Doom can only press 2 tons; that's what it also says. And those handbooks only reflect the time they were created.

Then Jean destroyed Exitar's mind with her powers right?

You don't have to roll anything. Sue's power was stated to come from hyperspace. Not just her invisible powers.

GalacticStorm
?Point is Thor couldn't stop Annihilus from invading Asgard. Odin did. Annihilus ain't no weakling.

Doom can only press 2 tons; that's what it also says. And those handbooks only reflect the time they were created.

Then Jean destroyed Exitar's mind with her powers right?

You don't have to roll anything. Sue's power was stated to come from hyperspace. Not just her invisible powers.

No annihillus isnt a weakling but he's someone magneto could very well beat. Anni broke through her shields through pounding on them and hes class 50. Thats rogue level.

"Then Jean destroyed Exitar's mind with her powers right"

You seem lost son. Where did you get that from? The term psionic incorporates telekinesis as well roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Sue's power was stated to come from hyperspace. Not just her invisible powers."

And they do. Just not in the way you would like to win this argument. Oh well wink

Beyonder

"Then Jean destroyed Exitar's mind with her powers right"

You seem lost son. Where did you get that from? The term psionic incorporates telekinesis as well roll eyes (sarcastic)

Read it again:

Galactic Storm: Psionic powers are enough to break Celestial armour. Jean Greys done this before in Xfactor.

Beyonder: Then Jean destroyed Exitar's mind with her powers right?

You do know how to read things with question marks don't you?

Blair Wind
ok the way i see it woudnt Mags and IW try to duke it out first cuz GL doesnt know who they are......Mags woudnt think he wasnt a threat, and throws him somewhere......Mags and IW fight then GL comes back, mad, and then beats the crap outa Mags........but thats just me.....anyone else?

Blair Wind
bump.

Wickerman
bump.

Mon ami, i have stopped answering to this thread because a 3 person free for all match is immensely stupid. Why? because there are WAY too many factors involved. You can't see any outcome because it's every man/woman for him/herself. The way you see it with GL not attacking first...yeah, that is one option out of way too many (and don't say out of three cause i'll slap you for being an idiot which you're not)

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
thanks for the compliment about not being an idiot.....i guess it is too many variables but i guess thats why, personally, i like it.....i mean we come here to do a friendly debate and the more options for a person to pull together the more "intense" the debates become....all in a friendly manner.....but i see your point.....if no one else replies i'll let this die.

Wickerman
thanks for the compliment about not being an idiot.....i guess it is too many variables but i guess thats why, personally, i like it.....i mean we come here to do a friendly debate and the more options for a person to pull together the more "intense" the debates become....all in a friendly manner.....but i see your point.....if no one else replies i'll let this die.

yeah, a 3 free for all fight can be entertaining in the beginning but after a while with all the variables it simply gets tiresome. Not to mention all the b1tchin and argueing.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
Sue cant just make these spikes magically appear on the inside of one of Mags' forcefields. Especially with her shapes being made of psionic force which mags powers interfere with. Its her invisibility powers that are drawn from hyperspace. These energies she manipulates psionically to make her and others invisible. However her shapes and forcefields are composed of psionic force

no..where do u get that? Did u come to this conclusion based on some kind of facts? she destroyed Exitar's armor by using a techniwue with her field which was made of the same energies...she did the same thing to Hyperstorm's Juggernauts which were supposed to be indestructable...

Wynndar

Galactus wasnt weak...he killed the Silver Surfer, Torch, Thing and Sue in that fight, then continued to devour Earth...what r u talking about?

Beyonder if you read the Marvel handbook you will see it confirmed that Sues shields and constructs are psionic force. Her cells draw on the energy from hyperspace which are shaped by Sue psionically. Im not saying her powers are entirely psionic. Im saying they are psionic based.

Psionic powers are enough to break Celestial armour. Jean Greys done this before in Xfactor.

"You think she broke into Exitar's armor by using her invisible powers?"

Boy what on earth are you waffling about please read my posts properly to prevent yourself from looking silly again in the near future roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marvel Handbook was published long before Nathaniel defined IW powers...Marveldirectory.com is outdated man...Anihilus owned Thor, Thor didnt hold his own at all...Anihilus has the power of the cosmic control rod, giving him much more raw energy than Magneto...his natural strength is class 50...using the Rod he an incalculably augment his strength.

kgkg
Galactus wasnt weak...he killed the Silver Surfer, Torch, Thing and Sue in that fight, then continued to devour Earth...what r u talking about?

Marvel Handbook was published long before Nathaniel defined IW powers...Marveldirectory.com is outdated man...Anihilus owned Thor, Thor didnt hold his own at all...Anihilus has the power of the cosmic control rod, giving him much more raw energy than Magneto...his natural strength is class 50...using the Rod he an incalculably augment his strength.
a weak (very very hungry Galactus)

easily beats MU earth

Wynndar
He wasnt even showing signs of fatigue or weakness in this fight...he just kicked ass.

kgkg

GalacticStorm
He wasnt even showing signs of fatigue or weakness in this fight...he just kicked ass.

But after that fight he went on to the devour the earth right?Well that suggests to me that he was weak and far from his full power.

Wynndar
no it doesnt...Galactus' hunger is constant...ur making ur own conclusion...have u even read the issue? Galactus is in constant search for planets to devour...it is an irregularity for Galactus to be as weak as he was in FF #243

Wickerman

And yet Thor beat IW. Does this even matter in this discussion?

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
no not really....I think that Green Lantern takes this now...

The Ion
no not really....I think that Green Lantern takes this now...
Smart man. smile

Superherovandal
GL everyday of the week.

Blair Wind
even on trash day??? but....IW could flash them....and distract them!!!

cybermaster
magneto woul kick there asses for sure. even if they use all there power together at one time at him. still wont do a damn thing cause when he coveres himself with his magnetic forcefield nothing can get through even if superman would try to break in. his field is industractable

Blair Wind
Green Lantern kicks his ass man....as Draco likes putting it

THE. RING. CAN. DO. ANYTHING.

cybermaster
Green Lantern kicks his ass man....as Draco likes putting it

THE. RING. CAN. DO. ANYTHING. green lantern ? hahaha sure buddy laughing laughing laughing

Blair Wind
What the f**k?

green lantern-cosmic policmen

magneto-big EARTH mutant...

Green lanterns ring can do anything magneto can do and more....
you dont seem to respect GL's....you still think Hulk will beat them? pfffffffttt.....Green Lanterns are much more powerful than Magneto....GL wins...end of story

cybermaster
What the f**k?

green lantern-cosmic policmen

magneto-big EARTH mutant...

Green lanterns ring can do anything magneto can do and more....
you dont seem to respect GL's....you still think Hulk will beat them? pfffffffttt.....Green Lanterns are much more powerful than Magneto....GL wins...end of story 1st of all i didnt say a damn thing about hulk. and yes Gls power is strong and all that but u cant compare him to magneto

jrodslam
GL wins.

cybermaster
Originally posted by jrodslam
GL wins. lay off the 6 packs dude laughing

Blair Wind
the thread that asked what Hulk would do in the DC you said he would beat GL.....and no you cant compare magneto to GL.....GL can control the whole entire energy spectrum (which mags can do) PLUS have telepathy, force fields stronger than magnetos, and anything you can think of....here let me go find a thread for you to look at...

Illustrious
Originally posted by cybermaster
1st of all i didnt say a damn thing about hulk. and yes Gls power is strong and all that but u cant compare him to magneto

And why not? The feats are very comparable, if not favoring the GLs.

jrodslam
lay off the 6 packs dude laughing

Ok tell me how Magneto would beat a GL?

cybermaster
the thread that asked what Hulk would do in the DC you said he would beat GL.....and no you cant compare magneto to GL.....GL can control the whole entire energy spectrum (which mags can do) PLUS have telepathy, force fields stronger than magnetos, and anything you can think of....here let me go find a thread for you to look at... magneto can absorb electricity and many types of energy sources if somone shoots at him with them. he doesnt need his shield to protect him.

cybermaster
Originally posted by jrodslam
Ok tell me how Magneto would beat a GL? with his powers of course. uh duh

jrodslam
with his powers of course. uh duh

TELL ME WHAT MAGNETO WOULD DO.

The Ion
Ridiculous. GL steals his damn soul and puts it in into the ring. Kilowog once did that to an entire planet.

cybermaster
Originally posted by The Ion
Ridiculous. GL steals his damn soul and puts it in into the ring. Kilowog once did that to an entire planet. good look him trying to steal his soul he would have som work to do there pall.

Blair Wind
not really, they would bypass the magnetic fields....quesion doesnt kyle or another GL have a magnetic ememy that he regulary beats?

but heres the thread I promised, http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.htm

The Ion
not really, they would bypass the magnetic fields....quesion doesnt kyle or another GL have a magnetic ememy that he regulary beats?

but heres the thread I promised, http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.htm
Dr. Polaris and they always beat him stupid.

kgkg
IW is out

it's between GL and Magneto my money is on Magneto

Blair Wind
how?

cybermaster
Originally posted by kgkg
IW is out

it's between GL and Magneto my money is on Magneto i agree there magneto is much more powerful. and wont do a damn thing to him if lantern throws his gay green boomerangs at him. like i said before when magneto covers himself with his magnetic forcefield nothing can get through

Blair Wind
dude he can do so much more than green boomarangs....green lantern is on another level than Magneto....mags can do nothing to GL...nothing....

cybermaster
dude he can do so much more than green boomarangs....green lantern is on another level than Magneto....mags can do nothing to GL...nothing.... sure buddy

Blair Wind
Gl could just do this to mags and have all of mags energy turn to sound or anything else he can think of....

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/74/respectkyle3bn.th.jpg

or he can just absorb his energy...you really dont know much about GL's do you? try the thread I provided, it has some good stuff...and if not go to the Kyle Rayner respect thread...

cybermaster
Gl could just do this to mags and have all of mags energy turn to sound or anything else he can think of....

or he can just absorb his energy...you really dont know much about GL's do you? try the thread I provided, it has some good stuff...and if not go to the Kyle Rayner respect thread... he would have some work to do if he wanted to do that cause magneto is a much better fighter. and like i said about his forcefield that nothing can enter so no way he can take his energy sources.

cool blue14
green lantern

Blair Wind
one he could enter if he wanted to, two he can just absorb it, and three being a better fighter doesnt mean the same trick wont work...

cybermaster
one he could enter if he wanted to, two he can just absorb it, and three being a better fighter doesnt mean the same trick wont work... u need to look up magneto bio and you will see how much powerful he is

Blair Wind
trust me I know Mags...I read a lot of X-men....do you ever read GL??

can mags contain that many creatures?
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glonemillion153wm.jpg
no...

can he do things like this creativily?
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla007179ut.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla007188cu.jpg
no....

has held the world in his hands like this?
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla075485ek.jpg
no

can his sheilds protect him from alien super ships and from being attacked from all sides?
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlagodsandmonsterspg637im.jpg
not as well as Gl

does mags have the power to completely destroy a plantet? (if he did he would have done it a while back....)
http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebels01132qw.jpg

look at all the ships and how small they seem....could mags contain this like GL can....nope dont think so...
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanv2173pg144bd.jpg

GLs are more versitile and powerful than Mags is....nuff said

Blair Wind
and I stand by that....sorry..im itchin for some old debates...

diabloman
magneto

Blair Wind
trust me I know Mags...I read a lot of X-men....do you ever read GL??

can mags contain that many creatures?
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glonemillion153wm.jpg
no...

can he do things like this creativily?
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla007179ut.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla007188cu.jpg
no....

has held the world in his hands like this?
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla075485ek.jpg
no

can his sheilds protect him from alien super ships and from being attacked from all sides?
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jlagodsandmonsterspg637im.jpg
not as well as Gl

does mags have the power to completely destroy a plantet? (if he did he would have done it a while back....)
http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rebels01132qw.jpg

look at all the ships and how small they seem....could mags contain this like GL can....nope dont think so...
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanv2173pg144bd.jpg

GLs are more versitile and powerful than Mags is....nuff said

again wink

Blair Wind
still think mags?

diabloman
yes

Blair Wind
hmmm....if the biggest magneto fanboy I know can be converted to think the GLs win...then so can you....please explain WHY you think magneto would win.

diabloman
hmmm....if the biggest magneto fanboy I know can be converted to think the GLs win...then so can you....please explain WHY you think magneto would win. magneto would trap GL into one of his shields and send his ass out into space.

diabloman
hmmm....if the biggest magneto fanboy I know can be converted to think the GLs win...then so can you....please explain WHY you think magneto would win. please tell me what is GL gonna do to mag

Blair Wind

or he can just absorb his energy...you really dont know much about GL's do you? try the thread I provided, it has some good stuff...and if not go to the Kyle Rayner respect thread...

this...and Ill get the respect thread in a second...

edit: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html

and

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t375720.html

I mean common, Gls have held a UNIVERSE destroying blast in there "hands", a supernova, have manipulated on much LARGER AND much SMALLER scales then magneto. So what can Mags do to GL?

diabloman
this...and Ill get the respect thread in a second...

I mean common, Gls have held a UNIVERSE destroying blast in there "hands", a supernova, have manipulated on much LARGER AND much SMALLER scales then magneto. So what can Mags do to GL? magnetos shield is much stronger than GLs. and besides magneto has his own powers to do that. he doesnt need some ring to help him out with his enemies. and actually his ring can only have the shield open for a period of time. magneto can have his open for ever if he want.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>