Mace Windu vs. General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tormentor_2004
Who prevails?

Uber_God
I do
after seeing mace windu wup grevs ass i kill him and i win

ceediddy
Mace had Greivous runnign like a lil ***** in Clone Wars

jedimaster2000
Mace would own the General.

chilled monkey
I agree. Firstly, Mace's Force power is much stronger than most other Jedi. Did you see how he crushed Grievous's thoracic cavity in 'Clone Wars'? That was awesome, the first time Grievous was soundly beaten.

Second, in the book 'Labyrinth of Evil' they fight and Mace wins.

Darth_Nefarus
I never read the labyrinth of evil and even without seeing the clone wars cartoon you're referring to (which I did) Mace would whip out his (dirty word) and beat him in the face

Darth Trytavius
I heard one time Grievous transplanted to him some Midichlorian from jedi blood giving him abilities to use the force or simply ha immunity to the force skills.

Darth Trytavius
Well I only read about this in a post of Midichlorian Transfusion.
Don't take the responsibility me about this is true or not.

jackstain
has anyone ever even seen the clone wars cartoon? mace beats him without even trying, in a second.

Darth_Janus
Hm. Well, Mace is the man. I wouldn't doubt it.

ArthasKnight
Yeah, I reckon the only ones who can beat Mace are Anakin and Sidious.

Darth_Janus
Or the newly mutated hybrid form, Anasidious.... Wow, that's a scary thought.

... I am soo not awake today.

jackstain
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Yeah, I reckon the only ones who can beat Mace are Anakin and Sidious.

what about yoda?

norrin radd
mace destroy griveous

Darth_Nefarus
could grievous even match Sidious? no, mace could

jackstain
neither of them could match sidious.

jedimaster2000
according to the graphic novel, Mace clearly held his own against the dark lord.

DenKi
And he does in the Movie

Darth_Nefarus
Exactly, I just read the novel and Mace is a hardass because of Vaapad, he can use the force in his combat. Not the light, not the dark, the force itself. It's one of the highest degrees of training and he totally holds off the Emperor

norrin radd

Darth_Nefarus
Well, Mace was getting the better of him, and Palpatine used it to his advantage as Anakin came in.

jackstain
I think palpy just toys with mace, because he wants anakin to kill him.

Darth_Nefarus
Possibly, but from the way the novel makes it look, Mace was doing incredibly well, considering Sidious is Sidious and all

chilled monkey
I agree. It says something about how Mace would have prevailed as he found Palpatine's shatterpoint (that's his talent; he can see critical weaknesses). The only reason he lost is because he didn't think to look for Anakin's.

Going back to Grievous, one of his abilities is that he can analyse his foe's fighting style and devise appropriate counters. He still lost.

Darth Destroyer
Mace would clean house with General Grievous

Darth Mantis
Pretty much.

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, he'd slice off every arm, and then beat him with his bad mother f*cker wallet

Darth Jello
this is how I see it. in the clone wars cartoon, Grievous' organs are all encased in some kind of metal and set into a somewhat natural position, then surounded by a metal chest tank with som movable ribs. in chapter 25, mace crushes the bottom of it, probably causing some internal bleeding resulting in some coughing and weakness. sometime before anakin and obi-wan reach the opening space battle. Grievous gets some emergency surgery wherein his organs are put in some kind of fluid (bacta?) and are then mounted in a tank that takes up much more space and makes him less flexible. He still coughes and weezes indicating that this is a temporary solution that is never corrected.
In a future encounter, Mace would just crush the transparasteel tank, eviscerating him immediately.

Darth Mantis
impressive.

Darth misquito
most impressive

Darth misquito
but you are not a jedi yet

truejedi
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I agree. It says something about how Mace would have prevailed as he found Palpatine's shatterpoint (that's his talent; he can see critical weaknesses). The only reason he lost is because he didn't think to look for Anakin's.

Actually says:
"Easily, almost effortlessly, he turned the shadow's fear into a weapon: He angled the battle to bring both out onto the window ledge."

Before that it said:
"The fighting was effortless for him now. he let his body handle it without intervention from his mind."

grievous never did anything to be on par with the top 2 tiers of ROTS.
(Mace, Yoda, Kenobi, Sidious, Anakin, Dooku) etc.

also, i'd like to add that the entire fight between Windu and Sidious was actually narrarated from the omnipotent narrator viewpoint. I had always thought it was from Windu's.

So when it speaks about the ease with which Windu was winning near the end, it means it was actually easy, not just apparently easy.

Darth Martin
Windu.

He's far more powerful than Grievous. He's also a better duelist. He won't have the distinct advantage of Vapaad here but he also doesn't have to counter Force moves.

Slash_KMC
Digging for fossils is sooo much fun.

truejedi
you realize it was his first post ever, and it was from 2005?

Its interesting. We wouldn't want a repeat thread of that either... but we don't want a thread from 2005. (i didn't even notice it was from then when i posted)

What's a newbie to do?

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by truejedi
you realize it was his first post ever, and it was from 2005?

You refering to Darth misquito? If so, then his first post was yesterday, not 2005.

truejedi
VR... I meant his first post ever was in a thread from 2005. I laughed at that.

Evilbigfoot
Well said Jello.

Slash_KMC
Is it normal that people respond to people who posted 4 years ago?

Evilbigfoot
i Don't look to see when they were posted... it was a good comment. So I told him so.

Jamefril
Mace wins and easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.