I & I: Ya bumboclot! Tis bout REGGAE, mon...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ou Be Low hoo
Wha' ta gwan? Everyting is everyting...Ma daya gwan go coooool. Ya rassclat! Yo' chi-chi boi! Ya'll blooooooodclot ya face!

Anyway, anyone else into the music of Jamaica? I'm talking about reeeeeal reggae, mon...None of this Shaggy shit. Although, he was dope once upon a time...

Everyone loves Bob, but if you like his flava there are plenty more where he came from...Beanie Man is OK if you like your dancehall, Elephant Man can rock the boat, Burning Spear is a legend, The Abyssinians certainly have some spice...but for me, Buju Banton is the way, the truth and the life...Inna Heights has been on my stereo consistently for the last 4 years...It just doesn't get boring...

Well, if you know of another...BIG IM UP HERE! I'm interested in diversifying my reggae collection...

One Love - as Bob said, many moons before Blue wrecked the saying.

SlipknoT
Marley is good in Moderation.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Marley is good in Moderation.

Is 'Moderation' a new remix album?

SlipknoT
no expression

Ketchuptome
I like Elephant Man and Beenie Man.
And Vybz Cartel.Marley is aight 2.

DCLXVI
"We jammin'...." stick out tongue
Marley's good, but pure Reggae is better. wink

Ketchuptome
And bounty Killa is pretty good

koolruningz
You guys havent mentioned Dillinger yet?

Ketchuptome
Who is that

koolruningz
Old school artist. Another one you've left out is U-Roy, many consider him to be the originator of dancehall and in many ways emceeing. Here are bios for both artists, if you're gonna talk Reggae you have to start from the beginning.

http://music.msn.com/artist/default.aspx?artist=16079666&partist=16094762&stab=2

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/u_roy/bio.jhtml

Maya Zurak
I love Marley
I like Ben Harper too

Ou Be Low hoo
Ben Harper isn't a REGGAE artist, monnnn...

I ain't leaving no-one out, monnn...Just leaving some space, so you can add a few too...

Iree, monnnn...

koolruningz
Ben Harper does make Reggae tracks, he also sings with the same passion and spirit as the greats like Bob Marley. You should check out Ben Harper & Ziggy Marley with their version of "Get up, stand up", it rocks!

Ou Be Low hoo
Yeah, mon...I ain't dissin' da bruddha, but I & I is saying...Likey you said too...he rocks, but he don't REGGAE, ya-know-it!

koolruningz
laughing Have you been watching Ali G by any chance man?

Ou Be Low hoo
No, mon...dat boi is chi-chi and don't do nothin but hug-up his pillow. I is from Jamaica and I & I is forever Rastafarri! In my, in my community der is much sufferin but we love de earth and Haile Selassie.

Tis an iree way, mon.

koolruningz
Riiight. laughing out loud

Ketchuptome
Bumbo Clot!!!!He bright e!!!!

Ziggy is good 2.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
As I live and breathe da life! Mus' be lightin' a fire an' everyting for da greatness of dem others in da Marley clan; Damian's 'Welcome To Jamrock' is irie, for true. So is dat joint by Ziggy by de nom of 'Dragonfly' - He even speaks to de bees in dere! True down one and take ya for!

Silently, I mus' be salutin' sum of dem Beenie Man songs: 'D-O or G-O' is right! How Fari, the mostest new shine is coming from Mishka and his sittin' on de boat songs. He can sing like a river.

koolruningz
Ou Be? confused

eggmayo
Welcome to Jamrock kicks, im listening to it right now.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by koolruningz
Ou Be? confused

I think it's him too

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by koolruningz
Ou Be? confused

Me no be heardin' him down my trench town, but he be singing the irie cris? If he be speakin' and respectin' Jah, then I and I fo' true it is true. Any album should I and I be lookin' fo, or is it like that his whole back-catelogue is gwan cool?

papabeard
I like old school ska , dub and reggae.

Obvioulsy.... Marley
Peter Tosh
Toots and the Maytals
Jimmy CLiff
The Skatalites
Althea and Donna
Lee Scratch Perry etc ....

koolruningz
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Me no be heardin' him down my trench town, but he be singing the irie cris? If he be speakin' and respectin' Jah, then I and I fo' true it is true. Any album should I and I be lookin' fo, or is it like that his whole back-catelogue is gwan cool?

You cant go wrong with anything with his name on it. big grin

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Al'ight, mon. I be searchin' out and givin' dat mon a listen to fo' irie shure and nuthin'. If he be as good as yo' sayin' he be, den me gonna be addin' 'im to da list, no doubt for that. Tanks for de recommendation, ya hearin' dat! Booka.

koolruningz
The pleasure was all yours, mon.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Noh, mon. I ain't inta pleasurin' meself an' dat. Me got me girlies to be doin' da right stuff, so dere ain't noh need at arll. Life ain't all right if ya be needin' ta feed yo' own lustin', ya hear?

koolruningz
laughing Thanks for the life lessons.

DiamondBullets
Sean Paul

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just got a heads-up from jaden101 about 'Bedouin Soundclash', they got the reggae vibe going on.

Check it:

http://www.bedouinsoundclash.com/money.mp3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.