Pryde of the X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RiverX-girl
LAY-UP! Look I've noticed that there are many a Rogue/Remy/whatever threads here, and a serious lack of Shadowcat ones. Therefore, I present to you my lovelies, Pryde of the X-Men. Post anything here Kitty or Kitty-related. You can freaking flame her for all I care... eek! Actually wait I do care! eek! Oh well... I'm just doing this because I want to know what ya'll think about my -obviously- favorite X-girl. Kudos to you all and I bless you with oatmeals cookies from the heavens and gift-basket-type-thingies full of inspiration to be coveted and sought after by all the soggy fangirls who wish to be like me! YEAH!!

RoguePw25
yeah, you're right, there aren't too many Kitty Threads here.

I really like Evolution Kitty, cuz I really didn't know that much about Shadowcat, ya know? She was one of my favs on the show

BarmyBrummie
i thought this was about the original crappy cartoon messed anywho, there are no kitty ones cus everyone thinks shes annoying yes like totally yes

flavinho
laughing really

Clovie
shifty rouge is better

flavinho
muuuuuchhh better!!!

Clovie
cry smile big grin

she and Remy love awww.....

flavinho
smile and the shadowcat thread is hidden by the natural brightness of ROMY
laughing

Clovie
hm? huh
who's romy?

flavinho
rogue + remy = romy, sorry i didnt explain...

Clovie
love nice....!!! ROMY rules!!!!!!

flavinho
yeah!

Clovie
if we didn't stop talking about ROMY, they would close this thread evil face

flavinho
yeah, so i'll keep saying i don like shadowcat or will i leave this thread??laughing

Clovie
shifty

Kes
Ppl, topic!

flavinho
embarrasment

RoguePw25
like I said, I like ShadowCat on Evolution. Did everyone know that she has two powers? She can phase through walls and stuff but she can also walk on air. how is that?

flavinho
walk on air? i didnt know that...maybe coz when she phases she kinda loses her weight and then gravity cant act on her...

RiverX-girl
Actually, I think the way I understood her power when I read about it... she cancels out the spaces between atoms... therefore I think she can cancel the spaces between air molecules also... allowing her to walk on the air. Pretty sweet I think. Hey I think Romy is pretty cool! I love Rogue and Remy but it's like... a serious lack of Kitty threads. That's why I made this one... I swear ya'll could start an "I hate Kitty Pryde let's burn her at the stake" cult and this thread shall remain unscathed!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! The main idea of this is to hear ya'lls opinions on her... now I know that many people think she's annoying... I still think sh'e awesome though smile eek! Woohoo!

flavinho
smile

persian85033
Well, I love Kitty on Evolution, and I think that she belongs with Lance. Those two are my favorite couple on Evolution. In the movie, well, she's only shown up twice, once on each movie, so I don't know about the movie Kitty. Besides, why do people around here hate Kitty so much? sad

If it's because of the way she talks, I like it. I think it's funny, and it makes me laugh a lot. All those likes, and totallys, and things like that. laughing

DezW
yeah sad in the Evo she became a little annoying girl sad i like her in the comics but not in the Evo. the only one reference to the comics is her plush Lockheed messed

RiverX-girl
oh yeah definitely the Lockheed thing... thats bothers me that they don't have more references... oh well. Evo Kitty is really funny-acting, I like her character. She's querky/perky... I can't think of a name for it. Oh right, like totally awesome!

RoguePw25
I know that's right. She did have a funny type attitude. Like I said, I belive that she is my fav character, but in the comics and animated series, I'd have to go with Rogue all the way. There's just something about her. Happy Dance

Clovie
shifty i don't hate her, the thing is that i don't like her as much as rouge...
kitty is nice person, and so on.. but she is a little bit without character, always the same, she doesn't have feelings..
it's only my opinion, if somebody things different, i'm sorry cry

RiverX-girl
Hey we all respect each other in here... at least I do! eek! Woohoo!! Yeah dude she needs to make up her mind about guys... all she does is freaking play around with them... she should just hook up with Lance or get over him

Jury Copeland
I like her on this pic...

jury181: Shadowcat and her pet

Jury Copeland
and here...

jury0182: Shadowcat Phasing in

TheRogue85
Kitty in the comics is much better than Evo Kitty. Comic Kitty wasn't really afraid of anything. She was pretty hardcore.

RoguePw25
ooh, more pics of comic Kitty. I love them!

And yes, I'd have to agree. In one episode of Evolution, Kitty was actually afriad of being with Lance becasue of what the other X-men would say. That's a little pathetic in my opinion.

persian85033
That's what makes me mad! That people worry about what other people would say. But it's not their business anyway. I wouldn't care, but anyway, I'm used to people saying bad things about me. She should just forget what people say, especailly that Scott, he makes me so mad! and just go out with Lance. You know, that's just the only thing I don't like about Evo Kitty, she worries about what people think and say about her. As long as you're doing nothing bad, that's fine.

RiverX-girl
That's right! Woot! LOL Yeah awesome pics... that first one looked like Kitty had gotten make-up lessons from Rogue or something... nevertheless really good lessons eek! In my opinion she should dump Lance and date Piotr. But that's just me. She should make up her own mind and kill Scott, for the world would be a better place. Actually, no, kill Jean, then Scott would kill himself. OOH FUN FUN FUN!!!

Maelstrom
Check out my response in the thread "Which superhero would most likely be able to kill" in the other comic movies forum. Since your her numero uno, I'd like to hear your response to my take on her. Oh, guys, she could shake you out of your clothes!

Maelstrom
The word you!...would use or are looking for is ditz. Anyhow Kitty probely has the longest history with the X-men out of anyone who has been an X-men since Giant Sized #1. She has outstanding longenvity and intricate relationship to the team as a whole. I don't mean to sound like you're not right, cause i don't know how long you've know of her or where you were intro`ed. Trust me she is developed to a high enough level to play in bigger leagues than just on earths demension.

RiverX-girl
Woo! Um... lol I am lost completely by this... I must go read this post. But I think you like Kitty?? You are awesome! Wooh! rock

RoguePw25
what was some of ShadownCat's biggest stories in the comics??

Maelstrom
She's been around the x-men, and really was their first "student", the first came on as hero's but she was brought in under their care. Originally she was shielded but her power always came in handy to pull them from the fire. I liked when she fought the brood, a race of magic "aliens"(look like the movie "aliens"wink. I think her best story line is around X-men 190 - the beyonder's time. The team is: Colossus, Rouge, Dazzler, Wolverine, Storm, Longshot, Magneto, Phoenix(Rachel Summers), Nightcrawler, Shadowcat.
I think comic story lines are getting better each year.
I'd like to see Kitty develope her power's to a degree where she could phase two solids together-without intangibility.

RiverX-girl
Yeah that would be sweet

RoguePw25
oh yeah, any kind of Evolution of power for Kitty would be great. But I'd also like to see her have a power in which a rock or something could hit hre and she wouldn't feel it. Kind of like the opposite of phasing? Maybe repelling things? I dunno.

RiverX-girl
Hmmm I think I know what you're saying. Phasing something without touching it perhaps?? Just doing like Jean (gasp!) and just concentrating on an item maybe 10 ft. away and it just phase... I guess. lol but what I think would be cool is if she could do like Martian Manhunter on the JL and phase (Ghosting, suggests Eternity's Voice) and look like a spirit or something if she felt like it... I guess use it to scare someone s***less?? I think it would be cool anyway

RoguePw25
yeah, that would be neat. As long as her powers were evolving.

RiverX-girl
yeah dude!

Maelstrom
And after she has developed individually the physical world of her power, then when she phases and someone throws a rock through her, she can effect who the motion of the rock and it's solidity effects. I think people would stop throwing rocks at her and her friends.

RiverX-girl
lol!!! yeah dude!! boys are stupid, throw rocks at them!!

RoguePw25
that would be neat. I like the idea of Kitty being able to phase other things, ten feet away from her. She could make people phase through things, and they wouldn't even know.

TheRogue85
My friend and I used to joke around saying that Kitty should be able to phase through people and kill them, because she could become solid and like steal their heart or something. Which is really morbid. haha...

RiverX-girl
Actually that's a good idea... on the Justice League, Martian Manhunter in Season One Episode three (I'm drawing a blank for the episode name here) killed aliens by punching through them then becoming solid, so um... hearts, brains, and the like? Mush. Heehee mush-head... eek!

TheRogue85
haha... Yeah, but Kitty has the advantage of bring able to slip through people when she doesn't want to get hugged or picked up or something. That's another joke me and my friend have. "Phase and run."

RiverX-girl
LOL!! Good way to dodge an ex anyway

TheRogue85
Yeah, or a big smelly annoying person.

RiverX-girl
Yeah like Blob big grin Can't we just kill him?

TheRogue85
Sure! Is that even possible?

RiverX-girl
I hope so...... let's throw him into a volcano...... nothing in there is edible. So if someone he lives..... he's screwed. We'll just tell Mastermind to make an illusion of the Volcano being a giant twinkie.... haha then comes the end of Blob!! eek!

TheRogue85
Hmmm... Sounds like it just might work.

RiverX-girl
Man I hope so... he just sucks. smile But what I don't get... in that one episode (I can't think of the name) when the everyone has to fight for a spot on Asteroid M, Kitty phased through Blob then passed out. wtf is up with that? I don't wonder if his seriously gay power had something to do with that...

RoguePw25
I know!!! I didn't understand that either. Was it becasue he's so fat? Or was it because she had to old her breath so long to phase through him that she was out of breath and passed out?

RiverX-girl
I dunno.... I thought it was with his odd errr 'body composition'

RoguePw25
yeah, but more like his "body odor"

RiverX-girl
LMAO!!! Yeah dude!! For real though, I thought like the movie Blob from horror films kinda absorbed things, so maybe his body was trying to absorb her and it tired her out trying to fight it... I'm grasping at straws here. smile

persian85033
Movie Blob? I don't remember Blob ever being in the movies. Was it in some scene that I missed?

RiverX-girl
Oh no!! lol I meant like there was an old movie back in the day... some monster called the blob, and it would roll over and like eat you or something, like a giant amoeba I guess? I think I spelled that right lol But I could be wrong here. Someone correct me if I am, then slap me!! Wait, don't do that. eek!

steptreks
i like kitty in the movie! well only cos she's played by katie stuart who played young cassie in stargate

RiverX-girl
Oh yeah! I know who you're talking about now! They haven'y given her any big parts that I've seen... she didn't really look how I would have pictured.

Mana4X2
I want to see more Kitty in the movies. They could so shock us with her power usage.

Mana4X2
My fav pics of Kitty

Mana4X2

RiverX-girl
laughing out loud The first one is great... wonder why it looks so freaking familiar... evil face

Mana4X2
Of course! It's part of your sig!

steptreks
i was really happy when they mentioned her at the end of 2 'let's just say i know a little girl who can walk through walls'

RoguePw25
me too!! Hopefully we'll see more of her in the next movie.

steptreks
yea wel will but she's played by a different katie stuart! not the stargate one anymore, well thats what it says on imdb.co.uk anyway

RiverX-girl
Hmmm... that just seems kinda off to me... but as long as she gets more screen time, I could care less. laughing out loud

steptreks
it is weird- 2 katie stuarts playing the same character but never mind eh

RiverX-girl
Dude....

You have entered....

THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!! AHHHHH!! eek!

steptreks
huh?

Mana4X2
I love Kitty so much. I hope they show us more power usage in X3 cos there are so many ways they could shock us with Shadowcat's power. She is just so cool. I mean wouldn't it be great to have that power. The scene where she falls through the bed and floor is just so cool. And when she runes through that guard. So wicked! I could go on forever but I won't. Bye now!

Mana

JinxyNewMutant
I know why there isnt much on the Evolution Kitty...its because she is a little pansy valley girl! People like that scare me more than cheerleaders do. My freind who is watching me type this says Hi because I am at school, and cant get away from her. She is such a little prep. Kitty I mean, is such a little prep. Now, the Evo Rogue, thats what I'm talking about!

RiverX-girl
Yeah dude, but I guess with the Evo series being for kids at the start, they had to have characters for everyone to identify with... and I think towards the end of the last season, she started proving herself to be more than just an airhead... big grin

bitca730
I think Kitty is a pretty cool character with a neat-o codename to accompany her powers. I also like the fact that her power isn't the most spectacular to watch but can do some x-treme damage if she wanted (i.e. phasing someone through a wall and letting go) OUCH! I just wish they would keep her age consistent in the films...
PS: its been stated that she disrupts electrical equipment when phased, so wouldn't that prove to be effective against a sentinel?

megaroguefan
ROMY ROCKS.

megaroguefan
ROMY ROCKS

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by megaroguefan
ROMY ROCKS.
Um, don't you mean Remy?

megaroguefan
remy + rogue=romy

Ridley_Prime
Oh. >.>

Paola
laughing out loud

but what does it have to do with Kitty-Kat? huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.