Elektra&Shang Chi vs. Richard Dragon&Lady Shiva

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom
The set up:

Elektra,Shang,Richie and Shiva are chillin' at Mickey D's, waiting for their orders. Richie & Shiva get theirs last and start to eat, but notice that they've gotten the wrong order. They walk over to Elektra an' Shangs's table and tell them that they got their bags mixed up.

Elektra and Shang hand the bag over, but Shiva notices somethings very wrong:

The McGriddle's they ordered are gone!!

Angrily, the two DC martial artists storm back over to Elektra's table and demand that they fork over the money for the tasty sandwiches. The Marvellites say they don't have anymore money,but Shiva says they can pay another way--in BLOOD!!

She and Elekra go at it, and Shang and Rich stand back and watch the cat fight. Shang jokingly replies that this fight is going to get nastier than Richard's last mini series. Rich gets pissed, and rushes Shang.

Now both teams are stuck in a hand-to-hand battle to the death in Ronald's Playland.

So...who walks (or crawls) away the victor: The McGriddle swiping Marvellites, or the wronged DC duo?

srankmissingnin
I think Shang Chi and Shiva break even in a fight where Shang refrains from chi ampage but he if decideds to pull out all the stops there is a chance he beats them both solo.

spetznaz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think Shang Chi and Shiva break even in a fight where Shang refrains from chi ampage but he if decideds to pull out all the stops there is a chance he beats them both solo.

I'd also say that an out of control Shang Chi would be a handful.

One thing that I am pretty sure of though is that Elektra should not be here.
Now, before someone says 'what the heck,' Elektra is a bad-@$$. She's been depicted (especially in the last 5 yrs) doing some pretty sick moves. For example she has done vanishing tricks that would make Batman envious, and when it comes to fighting she is a one-woman army.

But she wouldn't last against Shiva Woosan, nor against Richard Dragon (who for a long time was the premier martial artist in DC before Lady Shiva was made to be better than he was. I know Karate Kid is THE premier DC martial artist, but his abilities are so extreme that he is by many measures far more than human). Elektra is good, but note that Shiva is ....well ....a walking breathing nightmare; and that Richard Dragon trained all the members of the League of Assassins (apart from Shiva) and the Batman, among others, and in his series was depicted as basically being a match for Batman's 127 style stuff. He is also said to be able to defeat Lady Shiva .....if he tried and did not let his emotions for her get in the way.

Anyways, Elektra is great, but i do not know whether or not she could take out either of the two.

Shang Chi, on the other hand, is a legend. And for the longest time he was marvel's answer to Richard Dragon .....actually he was Marvel's Richard Dragon (and vice-versa). The two were basically the same character, with some differences when it came to where they hailed from and all that stuff. But in a nutshell R. Dragon was DC's Shang Chi, and Shang Chi was Marvel's Richard Dragon. They were basically neck to neck.
Then Lady Shiva came by and her prominence in DC shadowed that of Richard DRagon .....until recently when R.Dragon was given his own series (and an extremely good one at that).

I'd have to give it to Shiva and Dragon based solely on the fact that Shang Chi has Elektra. And if you mixed the fighters up (eg making it R.Dragon and Shang Chi versus Shiva and Elektra; or R. Dragon and Elektra vs Shang Chi and Shiva), i would always have the side with Elektra losing the fight. Shang Chi, Richard Dragon and Shiva Woosan are at the top of their game.
So is ELektra, but (if i was to use a car analogy) Elektra is a suped up Corvette Z06. Super fast, with extra enhancements. But Shang Chi, R.Dragon and Shiva are all McLaren F1 supercars. Meaning that although Elektra is no slouch she is just outgunned. Not by much .....but when you have professionals duking it out even an inch can cause the difference between victory and defeat (which is why in the real world you will see professional athletes, eg Olympic swimmers, who wear streamlined swimming caps that are made to have the texture of sharkskin. For most swimmers a textured streamlined swimming cap will not make a difference, but when you measure victory by the a hundredth of a second then every single aspect counts).
Same thing here. Any side with Elektra, even though she is great, will lose.
Elektra should have been substituted with the current Batgirl (Cassandra Cain). That way both teams would have been perfectly equal, and it would have been a draw.

Pepito
Shang Chi could scrape a win by himself if he fought extremely dirty (chi defence, cosmic punches) so even with the drag of having Elektra, marvel team wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.