Who thinks that Lucas should make an episode 7?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ellehcim_belle
Who thinks that Lucas should make an episode 7?

Opinions anyone? smile

Milosz006
Not after Episodes 1-3. Maybe if you had asked me 7 years ago.

ellehcim_belle
yea those episodes were a let down after the first 3

Anakin_the_Hutt
Hell no. He'd be making it just to make it. I think the whole saga is fine and dandy with just two trilogies. Another one would just sour the whole thing.

Red Superfly
Nope. No Darth Vader. No Emperor.

Why bother?

I'm not fond of the EU stuff set after Return Of The Jedi to be honest. I mean we have Luke turning to the dark side, which undoes any progress he made during the OT. Then there's Leia becoming a Jedi (yawn). Then there's the clone of the Emperor crap I'd rather just forget. Then there's the Empire Remnant, which has no point whatsoever because it's just the Empire all messed up - who's gonna percieve that as a threat when they were defeated even at full power?

The only reason I'd like to see Episode 7 is to see ghost Anakin and ghost Obi-Wan get pissy with each other like old times, only this time Obi-Wan is pissed because Anakin gets to be his youthful young stud self while he is left in his old form.

Obi-Wan: "You little bastard, you wiped out the Jedi, killed most of my friends, tried to kill me, then killed me, blew up God knows how many rebels, helped to destroy Alderaan, used a mind probe torture device on your own daughter, killed loads of your own men, cut up your own kid while trying to turn him evil, not to mention killing his best friend, and later torturring them, even using one as a test subject, and you get to keep your young self image because you picked up the Emperor FROM BEHIND I might add, and throwing his ass down a hole. If this is the will of the force then the force just plain sucks ass"

Uber_God
they managed to make NJO books

and this belongs in EU

Anakin_the_Hutt
Yeah, I agree. The EU after Return of the Jedi really sucks nuts. To make a movie about all that...or within that timeframe - well, sucks nuts.

The good EU are the stories in between the films, I think.

Naredhel
Although think of the plus from the technology point of view - no trying to match 1970's technology / shots! Just super-duper hi-tech. I do want to see more Star Wars, but only if they're done VERY well (i.e. Quality of III, IV, V, VI) otherwise that would completely ruin it. And I agree with Red - the EU stuff is a bit sucky. It's like they were desperately trying to create something out of nothing... bit dumb IMO. By creating something new, they've potentially ruined it VI+

peluffo
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal
I never thought of it that way.

Crazy88No.1
h e l l n o ! ! ! Indiana Jones 4 is already a bad mistake...

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Nope. No Darth Vader. No Emperor.

Why bother?

I'm not fond of the EU stuff set after Return Of The Jedi to be honest. I mean we have Luke turning to the dark side, which undoes any progress he made during the OT. Then there's Leia becoming a Jedi (yawn). Then there's the clone of the Emperor crap I'd rather just forget. Then there's the Empire Remnant, which has no point whatsoever because it's just the Empire all messed up - who's gonna percieve that as a threat when they were defeated even at full power?

The only reason I'd like to see Episode 7 is to see ghost Anakin and ghost Obi-Wan get pissy with each other like old times, only this time Obi-Wan is pissed because Anakin gets to be his youthful young stud self while he is left in his old form.

Obi-Wan: "You little bastard, you wiped out the Jedi, killed most of my friends, tried to kill me, then killed me, blew up God knows how many rebels, helped to destroy Alderaan, used a mind probe torture device on your own daughter, killed loads of your own men, cut up your own kid while trying to turn him evil, not to mention killing his best friend, and later torturring them, even using one as a test subject, and you get to keep your young self image because you picked up the Emperor FROM BEHIND I might add, and throwing his ass down a hole. If this is the will of the force then the force just plain sucks ass"

Hardcore laughing out loud to the bone!

No way I would like to see a new trilogy without DV, Palpatine and the Empire!!!

Although, the idea of a television series isn't that bad at all, but it should be about the remnants of the Old Jedi Order versus DV and the Empire(between Ep3 and Ep4).
OR it should be about the ancient Sith versus the ancient Jedi.
OR perhaps about the NJO.
Let's be honest, deep in our hearts we all want more SW, but it must be something special(although it can NEVER be more special than the Movies) or to make us exciting!

big grin smokin'

Lord Banshee
I would like a cartoon (like clone wars) about ep 7-9.

k1klass
Starwars has allways been a money making machine, its hard for hollywood to leave these alone till in ruins, till now George has kept control, but probally - only after George is dead the kids sell the rights eek! and we end up with a few more being made till we all fed up!

PVS
originally GL planned on first making ep7 then doing the prequel. although
im glad he backed off the idea of ep7, i would still have liked to know what he planned on doing storywise.

Uber_God
hmmm
the only way i see an ep 7 is if the OT was remade and had a few tweaks to the story, but that would quite well be bullshit cause the OT is still pretty good

Obi-OneManShow
Originally posted by Uber_God
The only way i see an ep 7 is if the OT was remade and had a few tweaks to the story, but that would quite well be bullshit cause the OT is still pretty good

Hell Uber_God, it's a good thing Lucas doesn't listen to YOU the way he takes advice from SS wink

3 words, guys:

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!

It's not because something's good or because you like something, that it will become better if there's more... quite the contrary, a lot of times.

Look at breasts: are F-cup breasts by definition better than B or C-cups, simply because there's MORE breast? As master Yoda would wisely say: "Size matters not", and who are we to argue with a guy who's been observing Jedi breasts for 900 years?

Seriously now:

The quality standard of the SW saga has already dropped with the prequels... ROTS promises to be the best of the prequels, perhaps even one of the best of all 6... let's hope. Let's end it on that high note. Lucas can't ever top that with stories without the Skywalkers.
So he really should stop at 6. Myself, I wouldn't mind SW continuing with stuff like the Clone Wars cartoons, I like those, and they're distant enough from the movies. And there'll be enough bookz, comix, video gamez etc to keep our SW
fix satisfied. I'm a bit dodgy about a live-action SW TV-series... it could turn out great, but it'll have to have a high production standard and some GREAT talents involved to succeed. We'll see...

Originally posted by Red Superfly

You crack me up, lil' buddy! laughing

Jedi Priestess
in a word.....No

Obi-OneManShow
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
in a word.....No

No what? No episode VI? Then I agree with you with all my heart, JP, perhaps even more...

Ushgarak
Originally posted by PVS
originally GL planned on first making ep7 then doing the prequel. although
im glad he backed off the idea of ep7, i would still have liked to know what he planned on doing storywise.

Already answered, years back.

Originally the final Emperor confrontation would not have been until Episode IX. The sequel trilogy would have been about Luke's search for his sister, who was not Leia.

They truncated it when they made ROTJ, and the sequel trilogy died then. It is no longer possible, the story is already finished. it would only have been possible of VI was left open.

Meanwhile, moving this to EU.

Darth_Nefarus
While I could stand another trilogy because I love star wars so much, the story just wouldn't be as good. Sure, we'd get to see Luke completely wasting a bunch of fools and show what you a rela Jedi master is and all, but it wouldn't have good enough villains.

JediStang
If none of the characters from the movie were in it, like they were from EU book adaptations, that would be cool. But let's not expand luke's journey. no.

tlbauerle
no

Joseph_Kerr
What would be the point??? The storyline has evolved and became the story of Anakin Skywalker. Anakin is dead and redeemed at the end of ROTJ. So there is no point in making a new movie after ep VI.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.