International Library of Poetry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trickster
Has anyone heard of an organisation called that?

I mean, does it have any sort of literary standing in the world? Because I entered a poem on their site, and they're asking me if I want to buy a book with my poem in it (it was a competition, and apparently I'm a semi-finalist)

I didn't know if this was the correct forum, but people might know of a Library of Poetry even if they don't write it.

Jackie Malfoy
Never hearad of it.But that is something my twin sister would take interested in.JM

Julie
I believe it is a scam.
I think everyone basically is a semifinallist...they just want you to buy their over priced book

Storm
I' m afraid it is a scam.

Lana
Mmm, I looked at the site, and considering the number of entries on there, I doubt that they could say EVERYONE is a semi-finalist...

Julie
yes they can....check out preditors and editors or something like that...that site has a write up on this

Lana
Well, they publish all semi-finalists, and it'd be VERY hard to publish everything.

Just to check it out, I entered a poem of mine, one that's not great. If they offer to publish it, then I'll be suspicious laughing out loud

I suggested to Trickster that he, if possible, should see if he can contact some previous winners/semi-finalists to see what they say.

Julie
I was a semifinalist...now they keep sending me these emails that say just send us another poem and $168.00 and we'll read it aloud at our conference

ShadowKing
All they have to do is print one copy with your poem in it. Everyone else who buys one gets a copy with their poem in it. At $50 a book, they've got quite the scam going. Yes they told me I showed a great degree of skill and imagination...got my hopes up...yes they did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.