Ghengis Khan : A true hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Napalm
From the age of ten after seeing his father murdered by the tartars Ghengis not only wipe out the compleate tribe but also destoryed what is now know as bejing china man there a military leader for ya

KharmaDog
Generally a hero is defined as one who is noted for deeds or feats of courage that possess nobility of purpose. Revenge and personal gain are generally not considered noble endeavours.

Napalm
He still was an awsome guy

Lord_Andres
No he aint a hero he was a killer, tyrrant and all bad things, a hero dose good things, this guy sucked, Alexander The Great, now thats a hero!

PVS

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
No he aint a hero he was a killer, tyrrant and all bad things, a hero dose good things, this guy sucked, Alexander The Great, now thats a hero!

Genghis Khan was ruthless and cruel and often without mercy. However he was also generous and loyal. Khan was very intelligent and caring to those he loved and respected and rewarded those who were loyal to him. However he was beyond barbaric to those that he felt to be disloyal or not worthy of his respect.

Khan was a master military strategist, an excellent logistics planner, and an effective (if not brutish) diplomat.

Alexander was also a great military strategist and general, but I would not call him a hero either. He could be wickedly cruel as well and conquered the world not for noble reasons, but to outshine the accomplishments of his father.

Whether you see either of these historical characters as personal heroes is a matter of personal choice, but I would not define either of their actions as "heroic".

King Leonidas of Sparta, now that is an historic figure that comes to mine as a "heroic" person.

manny321
He was not a hero but the greatest conqueror of all time. His empire was over 7000 miles wide or about the distance to new york to LA and back again and still go half way back to LA!! Not a hero but easily he created an empire so large and vast i think no country has ever got so much land under their control.

KharmaDog
It's disputable that he was the greatest conquerer of all time. And why should we even compare his exploits with others of history. His story and accomplishments are interesting on their own merit. However, I don't find them heroic.

finti
one have to consider the fact that a lot of the area he controled wasnt populated and much of it was very sparesly populated, so the size of his empire lies a bit. Soviet Union was a big as country as well if it is size we talk about.
Still Genghis was a strategious mastermind though and one cant dicredit his deeds as a military leader

Tex
Originally posted by Napalm
From the age of ten after seeing his father murdered by the tartars Ghengis not only wipe out the compleate tribe but also destoryed what is now know as bejing china man there a military leader for ya

icecream

WindDancer
He was a hero to his people and a barbarian to his enemies. No matter how you see him the guy will forever be a historic figure.

Storm
Genghis Khan is regarded with extreme respect by Mongols as a leader who eliminated centuries of dissension and brought political and economic stability in Eurasia under his domain, although with considerable loss of life and property to those that opposed him.

manny321
LOL i remember on the news when a protester held a sign saying "bush is the next Genghis KHAN" That was funny, however he was ruthless but to take over the Persian empire, you need an very intelligent man.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by WindDancer
He was a hero to his people and a barbarian to his enemies. No matter how you see him the guy will forever be a historic figure.

You can also say that many of his own people saw him as a tyrant and a hateful man, and that many of his enemies had the utmost respect for him and considered him honourable. History is rarely black and white.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Tex
icecream laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.