How does Superman cut his hair?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsinister
Honestly, his hair is virtually unbreakable so with what does he cut or shave it? And since i opened this grooming topic, how does he clip his fingernails?? With kriptonite? big grin Just curious... wink

pr1983
his hair and fingernails dont grow while hes on earth, its part and parcel of the sun powering him up...

radioboy121
This all began with the poor writing conflicts stemming from Pre-Crisis time (possibly the worst in the 50's and 60's). I believe it was said that a single strand of his hair could lift two tons, but Jimmy Olsen has also cut his hair with a standard pair of scissors.

pr1983
well we all know jimmy is the exception to the rule...

black_goku#1
no supes hair and nails grow regular just like mine or yours! there are a couple ways actually. kryptonyte was one way but why use a weakness to cut hair. plus for awhile there martha and jhon diddnt know it could hurt him yet. they only knew that nothing found on earth could hurt him. the metal from his ship hmmm.. smart there were a couple of frags that were knocked loose so they figured hey what the heel. it cut his hair. thus two things were invented. a method of cutting hair. and believe it or not even a paddle to give supes a whoppin when he acted up. laughing now as for fingrnails i really dont know. maybe he bit em.

TheFilmProphet
It might seem a bit silly, but I too have always been curious about this.

Red Superfly
Hair is dead. The bits of the fingernails we cut off, the white bits, are also dead. These aren't sustained by our bodies, they simply hang there lifeless until they are chopped off.

Seeing as they are dead bits of Supermans body, they won't be affected by his life force any more, and therefore his superpowers don't affect them.

Thats my guess.

starwing
How does Superman cut his hair?

With a Crypto-Knife. wink

Mainstream
he lets Wolverine cut it with his claws

"you want just a little off the top bub"

BootlegBoys420
Ummm.... I Have A Batman/Superman Comic Where Clark Uses A Mirror And His Heat Vision To Shave... So Figure Thats How He Cuts His Hair... Probably The Same Way He Cuts His Nails...

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
Ummm.... I Have A Batman/Superman Comic Where Clark Uses A Mirror And His Heat Vision To Shave... So Figure Thats How He Cuts His Hair... Probably The Same Way He Cuts His Nails...

SithKiller
He uses a mirror and conentrates just enough heat vision into a small beam at whatever point he feels needs trimming just like how he shaves. moptop

Draco69
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Hair is dead. The bits of the fingernails we cut off, the white bits, are also dead. These aren't sustained by our bodies, they simply hang there lifeless until they are chopped off.

Seeing as they are dead bits of Supermans body, they won't be affected by his life force any more, and therefore his superpowers don't affect them.

Thats my guess.

Ditto. End of discussion.

SithKiller
Oops oops didnt know that lasts 2 posts already said that........well shit nevermind dont know how I missed that? doh

ZephroCarnelian
If his hair wasn't invulnerable, every time he gets nuked he'd come out without hair or eyebrows.

So that's obviously not the correct answer.

Wickerman
Originally posted by BootlegBoys420

Got a scan of that please?

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman
Got a scan of that please?

~wickerman~

i actually saw the same thing in the lois and clark series once...

Blair Wind
i saw it in one were he got "fired" from a reporter got dropped to crime beat and this luitenent was hittin on him.....i dont remember were though....oh lois also got shot in a war and he goes and gets her.....

TMACalicious
I read somewhere on the net that he cuts his hair with a piece of shrapnel from his crashed spaceship (which is made of Kryptonian metal not found on earth)...

alexanderluthor
i read somewhere that he cuts his hair, finger nails and toes, and anything you want with a powerful sissors(don't remember how to spell it) that were invented for a guy which last name is singer, and it's been demonstrated that not only they can kill superman, but also they can hurt millions of fans(i wonder if they're made out of kryptonite). roll eyes (sarcastic)

BB_hawk
He use his own heat vision to cut his hair by using a mirror to reflect it back to himself.

manjaro
superman shaves with heat vision but as for cutting his hair, there are a few possible explanations. 1.)since he's superman after all, he probably is strong enuff to cut his own hair 2.) (which i believe might be closer to the truth) he has some sort of psionic control over his body's molecules, as a result he has "selective permeabilty"(anat. and phys. 101 for that ass) meaning that he can let whatever he wants pass thru his bio shield at his whim, for he has been shown to recieve injections in at least one elseworld title that i know of.

Fanboy
The only way Superman cuts his hair was with his heat vision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.