Talk Horror!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
Hi,i'm finally back(haven't been able to get on the internet let alone these boards in a long time) and i'm looking forward to talking to you guys again.
I thought we could just have a good ole fashioned horror chat,because i'm always up to discuss all kinds of horror.
So,I thought i'd start with this question:

Are there any new horrors out right now or have been pretty recently released that you have problems with?

Personally,mine is still the grudge.
Which,ironically,I have a grudge with because I personally think it sucks b@((s.

(Didn't know if that should be bleeped,just being cautious)

Deano
hey man..nice to see u again

the grudge is ok..it wasnt that bad of a remake

most the new horror films are crap i t hink
i just stick to old horror films..the classics

slasherpunk18
Yeah,it's good to be back.I love to talk about horror but none of my friends have really seen anything more classic than the exorcist(which i'm not knocking but there's so much more out there).
It just seems like Hollywood is incapable of making high quality horror.
usually I think low budget outshines all the hollywood stuff.

Wolfie
White Noise wasn't too bad, ignoring the ending.

Hide and Seek was okay, I suppose.

Cursed was probably the best horror I saw this year. And so far, I've seen these three.

Azrael01
White Noise was pretty good
the forgotten was good not really horror though
seed of chucky sucked
Hide and Seek was good to the end
constantine was good
the jacket was pretty good
saw was ok
grudge was ok
I have a problem with all the remakes lately its like there not even trying anymore.
The fog,the fly, amittyville horror, house of wax, evil dead, tcm, The man thing(I think thats the title sounds kinda funny), the toolbox murders.
Then they have foriegn re-makes like the ring 1 & 2, the grudge 1 & 2 and so on.

Pandemoniac
I don't think you missed much concerning new movies. I frequently drop by the movie-rentals and there is not much new good going on in the horrorscene lately. All remakes or cheap variations on better films from the past. The last movie that left a memory in my skull was Shaun of the Dead, and it already seems like that came out long ago.
Or maybe I just passed on to much movies and I my self have missed a few jewels in cinema. But facing titles like House of a 1000 corpses, Undead and Toolbox Murders I just can't force my self renting those, especially after reading the covers. They all just scream 'Waisting money and time on this when watching'. I do need to catch up on Japanse horror, it seems to have a future, but then again that is a whole different style.
When looking for experiences like Evil Dead, Elmstreet and the first Hellraisers, no chance anything even close to that came out the last couple of years... But again, I haven't seen every movie so do please correct me if I am mistaken

P.S. Slasher, welcome back! I can recall you placing interesting posts, hopefully we get some more now

waspluver
ummm....i htink saw the puppet was perrty creative.but,other than that it sucked!

slasherpunk18
Thanks Pandemoniac.Yeah, i really haven't looked into japenese horror,but I have been meaning to see "Audition" because it looked pretty interesting.
As for Shaun of the Dead, which I LOVE, I can't watch anymore for a while because i've watched it to death to the point where I don't laugh as much and I don't want to wear out such a great movie.
Last night I finally saw Exorcist: The Beginning and Saw.
Exorcist was better than I expected I have to admit, and Saw was great.I was a little uneasy lying in bed last night after I watched it.

P.S. House of 100 corpses....ughhhhh.Rob Zombie really messed up with that peice of crap.

Azrael01
Audition was real good you should watch it slasher
Watch Battle Royale to even though it isn't really horror it is one of my favorite asian movies.

waspluver
ya he did screw up with house of a thousand corpses and soon the sequal the devils rejects. and you know what they say. the sequal is never as good as the 1st and the 1st sucked!I like the movie saw the puppet dr.death was pretty cool.the beggening wasnt that great i still think that the original exorcise is alot better because, it's so old and it still scares the shit out of people. and you have to addmit it is good the way it is and special effects are'nt really needed in the original. happy oh ya! welcome back! bunny

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Azrael01
Audition was real good you should watch it slasher
Watch Battle Royale to even though it isn't really horror it is one of my favorite asian movies.

Battle Royale was amazing, and quite disturbing! I'm still on the lookout for Saw, but it just won't come out on dvd here...

Deano
check out story or ricky..its a real gorefest!..i made a thread on it
great asian gore flick

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322424&highlight=story+of

slasherpunk18
i've heard good things about asian horror,I saw a thread on here about Halloween 9 news.I've been on the lookout for news of it since like June,but I haven't been able to find anything.I'm definitely ready for Michael,hopefully it can redeem the series after Resurrection( while it wasn't really crappy,it just wasn't quality IMO).

Wendigo
I Thought secret window was quite scary, When all the writing was on the walls and he had that hat on that was creepy

slasherpunk18
Definitely one of y favorite movies that have come out recently,and Depp is just great.

Ketchuptome
I hear Amityhorror is cumin' out..I dont have high expectations though.

slayer
Welcome BAck Slasherpunk :0

great to see yousmile

Wendigo
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HATED WHITE NOISE?

PRO-PAIN
Haute Tension aka Switchblade Romance is probably the best new horror in a long time.

The Toolbox Murders remake isn't that bad, could have been alot worse, but if you have seen the original, don't expect really any similarites in the remake except a SLIGHT few.

Saw wasn't too bad, could have been better though.

andypandy
I HAVENT SEEN WHITENOISE WANT THOUGH VERYITRESTED IN PARANORMAL HIDE AND SEEK WAS THE WORSE MOVIE I SAW THIS YEAR

PRO-PAIN
Originally posted by andypandy
I HAVENT SEEN WHITENOISE WANT THOUGH VERYITRESTED IN PARANORMAL HIDE AND SEEK WAS THE WORSE MOVIE I SAW THIS YEAR

Lose the caps lock, there's a start.

Ruan
I still haven't seen 'White Noise', distributors picked South Africa is the final market for a April 24th release. I think i'll go see it in cinema for maximum effect. Not setting my expectations too high though. Seen 'The Ring 2' yesterday, definitely not scary, creepy at times, but still a good movie. Rented 'Godsend' this week, AWFUL!

The Redeemer
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Battle Royale was amazing, and quite disturbing! I'm still on the lookout for Saw, but it just won't come out on dvd here...

Amazing? Disturbing? I thought BR was way way overrated! SAW has it's moments but it's basically another safe slasher to appease the kiddie FANGORIA reading fanboy crowd. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.