Red Eye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Velcro_Boy
Red Eye Trailer:

http://lime.redeye-themovie.com/trailer/

Cinemaddiction
Just an FYI, there's a thread for this in Horror, but I am allowing it to stay, since it's more suspense, so please don't report it.

JamalMagloire
cool, thanks . . . when does this come out?

Illyria
I saw the promo when I went to see Ring 2 in the theatre. I couldn't really understand is it horror or a thriller? 'cause it's a Wes Craven movie. Is it like about a psycho murderer on board of a plane and he's trying to kill everyone or is it like a demon who's posing as a human got on the plane and attempting to do something evil?

Cinemaddiction
It's a suspense/thriller, from the looks of it. Cilliam Murphy is uber-creepy with an American accent.

Velcro_Boy
http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=671587

barand1
to me it looks like a thriller, a spy thriller. Red Eye sounds like a mission name from a Bond movie or something. Maybe the man is a spy/hitman?

Do you agree?

Cinemaddiction
I caught "Red Eye" this afternoon, and IMO, it's Wes Craven's best directorial effort since "Scream". Good pacing, short overall movie, really gripping suspense, a character to root for, and one to hate. A very well rounded and dun movie. Definately a sleeper hit.

DanZeke25
It looks ok.

Cinemaddiction
Trailer is pretty misleading, TBH.

pr1983
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Trailer is pretty misleading, TBH.

Really... so what would u class it as?

Cinemaddiction
Suspense/Thriller. Just because it's Wes Craven doesn't necessarily mean it's a Horror.

alic88
saw the movie. the first 2/3 was pretty good, was very impressed, but then the ending was terrible, just like what wes craven has been doing lately. awful ending, it seemed like a comedy in the end

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Suspense/Thriller. Just because it's Wes Craven doesn't necessarily mean it's a Horror.

i didnt think it looked Horror.

pr1983
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Suspense/Thriller. Just because it's Wes Craven doesn't necessarily mean it's a Horror.

from the trailer i wouldnt have said horror...

Bardock42
Originally posted by pr1983
from the trailer i wouldnt have said horror...

Actually from the trailer it looked pretty horrorful.....at least my opinion...I am looking forward to watching it....

pr1983
Originally posted by Bardock42
Actually from the trailer it looked pretty horrorful.....at least my opinion...I am looking forward to watching it....

apart from the actual red eye it didnt seem to be much in the way of horror... at least not to me...

Bardock42
Originally posted by pr1983
apart from the actual red eye it didnt seem to be much in the way of horror... at least not to me...

Yes the first part not..but then the crying girl....the red eye.....the woman trying to open the door....the end seemed very horroring......What the f**k?

pr1983
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes the first part not..but then the crying girl....the red eye.....the woman trying to open the door....the end seemed very horroring......What the f**k?

Ok... just not to me... i like cillian though, i hope he does well in this one...

evildeaddesigns
I got excited when i saw the teaser, but just rescently i saw the full trailer and thought it looked a bit crap.

.Dance_Inside.
I loved this movie!! Cillian Murphy was AMAZING! he is a great new actor!

.Dance_Inside.
well, hes not that new but oh well, he still rocks

forumcrew
Rachel McAdams is sorta becoming the new it girl as well. I think ill check out this movie.

TombRaiderGurl
seen it yeasturday, and i really liked it, rachel and cillian did a really good job in it!

Morning_Glory
saw Red Eye yesterday and I loved it! happy

i thought it was one of the better movies I had seen this summer or maybe this whole year so far

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/831/redeye22la.gif

Morning_Glory
did anyone else notice that Rachel McAdams starts the movie off with black panty hose and ends with bare legs... dont think she took them off at any time confused

.Dance_Inside.
hmmm, I notices that too, its crazy! and I agree, it probably is one of the BEST! movies I've seen all year

wuTa
i was disappointed in the movie, the acting was good, but it was way to predictable if you ask me

.Dance_Inside.
so what, it still had good suspence and Tension! it was awesome, ya he ending was predictable, but so what, it was a fun ride and the acting was really awesome!

Backspace
It was good but too short. When i try and think about it its kindof a blur. blink

wuTa
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
so what, it still had good suspence and Tension! it was awesome, ya he ending was predictable, but so what, it was a fun ride and the acting was really awesome!

ok, i just stated my opinion, that was it...no need to get all pissy because i have a difference of opinion, besides...i'm betting the only reason (or one of the main reasons) is because cillian murphy, and it wasn;t his acting that made you like it

Potter124
I saw 'Red Eye' in London and it brought back an awful memory of mine. I am a 14 year old girl and earlieris year I flew to San Fransico, USA to visit my aunt and uncle. On the flight back I was flying by myself and 30-45 minutes after take off I noticed this 45 year old guy or so staring at me creepily. I instantly knew he probably was a rapist. So I instantly freaked out. And before I know it he is sitting next to me! So I panicked and he was saying crap like lets go in the lavatory together and other rubbish. The flight attendant was busy in the galley and so I was reaching for my seat belt and he said like the guy in the movie 'Don't try to get the flight attendant'. Finally my flight attendant who knew I was flying solo told the man to go back to his seat. She asked me what happened and the guy went to the airport police. It is not entirally like Red Eye but sort of. And I would like to say God bless, Jennifer the flight attendant who rescued me!

Potter124
It dose'nt sound scary but he was sitting next to me for approximatlet 25-35 minutes. I was crying after he me he wanted to rape me.

.Dance_Inside.
omg! thats horrible sad sad that would be really scary, I had an a little encounter like that once but it isn't nearly as creepy, it happened like a couple days ago when my brother got in this huge car accident and I was at the hospital, and I went outside to call my best friend, and this really scary guy comes up to me, starts saying this stuff to me, so iwas walking away and he started following me, so I went back into the waiting room, with my friends Jesse and Chris and The guy was looking at me through the window, it was so scary, but its not as bad as yours, thats really scary scared

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by wuTa
ok, i just stated my opinion, that was it...no need to get all pissy because i have a difference of opinion, besides...i'm betting the only reason (or one of the main reasons) is because cillian murphy, and it wasn;t his acting that made you like it

whoa! you took that way to seriously.. confused

wuTa
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
whoa! you took that way to seriously.. confused

sure i did

.Dance_Inside.
why are you being such a jerk, I wan't being rude to you or anything, I just stated my opinion aswell

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by wuTa
i was disappointed in the movie, the acting was good, but it was way to predictable if you ask me

it was predictable... I mean obviously... Rachel McAdams and her character's dad was gonna be ok in the end... and you knew that Cillian Murphy's character would be killed -- if she Rachel's character didnt win in the end then it would be a crappy movie... cause we all like happy endings.... blah.... but the whole movie was just a little different than some of the other movies that have come out lately in past few yrs... and it was one of the better movies of this summer... (personally I loved The Island happy ) ...

spencerspider
I loved this movie it rocked.I was disappointed that whats his name and his family didn't die on the balcony.(I like sad death)but still it was good and i thought the ending was good...a little predictable but good.anyway ehile they were on the airport was the best part of almopst any movie i have seen all year.

wuTa
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
why are you being such a jerk, I wan't being rude to you or anything, I just stated my opinion aswell



i'm not.....you were the one who got all uptight when i stated my opinion the 1st time, i got nothing agaisnt you or your opinion, who's the one throwing names around

wuTa
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
it was predictable... I mean obviously... Rachel McAdams and her character's dad was gonna be ok in the end... and you knew that Cillian Murphy's character would be killed -- if she Rachel's character didnt win in the end then it would be a crappy movie... cause we all like happy endings.... blah.... but the whole movie was just a little different than some of the other movies that have come out lately in past few yrs... and it was one of the better movies of this summer... (personally I loved The Island happy ) ...

i don't like happy endings all the time.....some are too corny, and that one in redeye was corny if you ask me, i like realism..i didn't think it was that much different than other movies but to each his/her own

spencerspider
i thought it was good...

.Dance_Inside.
as did I!! big grin

Murray
I thought hit was an excellent suspense. I give it a B+.

I thought Rachel was beautiful. Her eye make up was impeccable. And Cillian Murphy gave a great performance and was very hot.

.Dance_Inside.
he was amazing, you know what I just read that he might get a oscar nod for his performance!! eek!

Solo
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
he was amazing, you know what I just read that he might get a oscar nod for his performance!! eek!
Nah, I can't see that happenin'. But then again, there is no competition right now...

.Dance_Inside.
no he will win..in my mind he has already won bahahahahahaahahahah

Morning_Glory
he wont win an oscar for Red Eye.. sorry.. dont think he will even get a nomination...sad

now Joaquin Phoenix is more probable to get an oscar nod for Walk the Line... happy

.Dance_Inside.
pff disgust

I think its actually for his role in "Breakfast on Pluto" hes surpose he be amazing in that! I'm gonna see it big grin

Draco69
The evil guy is Red Eye has to be the CREEPIEST little geek I have ever seen. Jesus Christ. He was perfect for that part.

.Dance_Inside.
hahahaha indeed yes

JKozzy
Teaser made it look like horror. Theatrical trailer defined it as more suspense/thriller. I didn't think it was comedic at the end as someone previously said; I thought it was as Cine said, a sleeper hit. I'd give it a 9/10, I was crushing my box of Mike 'n Ikes during the end.

the.shape
Originally posted by Draco69
The evil guy is Red Eye has to be the CREEPIEST little geek I have ever seen. Jesus Christ. He was perfect for that part.

Yep. His eyes... have you seen his eyes?!



Unfortunately I completely agree.

Solo
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
he wont win an oscar for Red Eye.. sorry.. dont think he will even get a nomination...sad

now Joaquin Phoenix is more probable to get an oscar nod for Walk the Line... happy

I can actually some shit like that happening.

Anyway, saw the movie last night, loved it. But the movie definately won't get a nomination for anything, most likely.

But Joaquin Pheonix won't get a Best Actor nomination for "Walk The Line" when Bill Murray is in "Broken Flowers".

JenR1215
it was good but, Cillian needed to shave.. just a lil bit smile

JenR1215
the movie towards the end scared the crap out of me. I mena it wasnt like a horror flick or anything, but i have never felt THAT volnerable while watching a movie.... i aint EVER going to chat with a good looking stranger, na-uh. nono

.Dance_Inside.
I liked his stubble! yes it was sexy

FŽanor
Originally posted by JenR1215
the movie towards the end scared the crap out of me. I mena it wasnt like a horror flick or anything, but i have never felt THAT volnerable while watching a movie.... i aint EVER going to chat with a good looking stranger, na-uh. nono laughing sorry...but that just sounded so funny big grin

JenR1215
i'm so retarded, lmao. I just reread all the things i've posted...

I talk to myself, lol.

shugie99
I heard that Colby from Survivor is in it...what does he do?

JenR1215
Originally posted by shugie99
I heard that Colby from Survivor is in it...what does he do?

Probably a passenger. on his way home or to another island.

papabeard
This is decent, worth a look, does Wes Craven have a cameo as a passenger on the plane who gets given a pillow?,

.Dance_Inside.
hahah I saw it again last night with my best Friend!! it was fun..such a great movie, everytime I saw it I still get all tense

Morning_Glory
calm down. you are out of control .Dance

Julie
A surprisingly interesting movie.....I was entertained...uh I wouldn't see it again I don't think...but I'd watch it if it came on the TV

spencerspider
well itll be a while before it comes on tv..like years.anyway i loved it.

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
calm down. you are out of control .Dance

I know I know..sorry guys I went alittle overboard.. ninja

Morning_Glory
stick out tongue it's ok petpet

.Dance_Inside.
happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.