David Eddings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirate_monkey
David Eddings is a magnificent Science-Fiction authour of our time his suspenseful books and trilogies include; "the redemption of Althalus", "The Diamond Throne", "The Ruby Knight", "The Elder Gods", and "The Treasured One" to name a few. My Favourite book from this author is "The Redemtion of Althalus"!!!!!!!!

Darth Putte

Pirate_monkey
oh sad

sai12
I read some of his books....a couple of years ago.

I just never got around to reading the next 4 that came in the series or whatever...

Guess he wasn't that good...

Pirate_monkey
Is there anyone out there who actually enjoyed David Eddings's books????

Darth Putte
I enjoyed the books, but after reading all of them, I just felt that he never did anything new. He always had the same character portraits, and even though they are good, you get tired of them the fourth time around...

But, they are excellent books to start reading, and sometimes the dialogue just makes laugh my brains out...smile

Pirate_monkey
i like them for their witty humour

Trickster
To be fair, Silk was the best character in any of his books.

I liked 'em all, but when he spewed out the Elder Gods I became a bit reluctant. I haven't even read that book!

But yeah, he's a VERY good author for getting people into the fantasy genre. After that, and you've read a couple more deep and serious books (Steven Erikson etc) his style is a little simple. At least, that's my opinion. Good storylines - and he did a very good storywriting crash course in a book I found once.

smiles
i like david eddings, as you know.
Redemption of althelus is the best by far!
but its true what these other ppl are saying
he does repeat the same sort of thing over and over

smiles
yay! i can do pictures!Jumpy

smiles
boxed censored shuriken w00t thumbsup captain

smiles
sorry bout all the pictures i'm putting them there so that i can save them

smiles
blushing alien2 blushing boxed cry cool2 confused eek hypocrite sleeping

smiles
sorry more pictures
ok back to david eddings,
does anyone know how david and leigh eddings are related???????

Pirate_monkey
husband and wife.....they are

Pirate_monkey
why does no one like david eddings?

Dresta
i like him i liked the belgariad and mallorean series they were good

Mandorallen
yup

vaya_the_elf
Only read one of his books so far, but I'm going to read more.

Mandorallen
I'd just like to bring this thread back to life.

I have read all of david eddings books. I love them all so much.

the belgariad and malloreon take home the gold.

beldin whooped ass. this is the only book that made me cry, The very last book of The begariad: enchanters end game. the last war scene was very very sad.

-mando

Dreampanther
I agree and disagree. I agree with the fact that Eddings tends to become repetitive, and that his last books (The Dreamers or Elder Gods or whatever) were just a rehash of the same old sh!t. In fact, I started reading the first book and fell asleep halfway, I never even bohered finishing it, which is rare for me.

However, I still think Sparhawk is one of the coolest characters that was ever created in the fantasy world. Basically a souped-up Belgarion, but he was tougher, meaner, more experienced and all-around a much more impressive character. I still take one of his books, every now and again, and just skip to the highlights, like for instance where Sparhawk, his wife and basically EVERYBODY goes to visit their counterparts and then just turn their world upside down!

Spying, scheming, lying, stealing, poisoning, breaking and entering. . . and who can ever forget that scene where they fill up the moat, then break open all the barrels with lantern oil, and wait for the poor bloody bastards to attack them. . .

And Sparhawk's horse deserves a special mention, I wonder if Eddings based that on a real horse. . .

So, while I agree he can become repetitive, very quickly, yet at the same time I also find myself going back, and back again. But only for the old stuff!

Mandorallen
for those of you who do not know, My username is based on the "the baron of vo mandor" character from the belgariad. wink

SpikeSpiegel

Sir Whirlysplat
Eddings distilled fantasy writing to formula only Donaldson has ever done it better.

Mando
It's about time someone brought this back to life.

David Eddings <3

Jedi_X-man
Edding's is the first fantasy you should read in your life, when your young and everything is new.
After that, well, his books just get silly. There's never any sense of danger to any of the characters. Every plan conceived by the good guys work and the bad guys plans are all rather flawlessly ruined.
He's alot like George Lucas. He should lay out the plotlines and let someone else actually write.

Dark Dragoness
David Eddings is by far the best fantasy author.
You have a great laugh with Keldar then turn victorian listening to Mandorallen's spiel! It's fantastic!

Althalus is a great book too.

I won't comment on the Dreamers yet though, i still need to read the last book!

confused

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.