Crap Nu-Metal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ass Goblin
If I hear one more person refer to corn or linken park as heavy metal one more time I will explode.

Nu-Metal is giving metal a crap load of new fans to the genre who have no understanding of what real metal is.

These people also are saying bands like In Flames, The Haunted and Dimmu Borgir are too violent and call people who listen to them crap as well and it is pissing me off.

total metalhead
omg. you have got so many things wrong i dont even know were to start...

-its Korn not corn
-Linkin Park have never been nu metal
-i like a lot of nu metal bands, and i know plenty about metal thank you
-nu metal is real metal. its a sub-genre just like death, black or speed
-In Flames arent violent
-there are very few people who like just nu metal

im sorry but what you said is complete and utter bullshit. as you can see from my sig i love Korn. do you want to know my other favorite bands? Slayer, In Flames, Metallica and Sepultura.

also, many nu metal bands are extremely heavy. Slipknot, American Head Charge, Mushroomhead, (early) Deftones and Korn are all just as heavy as many other genres.

Linkin Park are pure shitty pop-rock, but Korn not metal? even if you dont like them, you cant deny the fact that they are metal. what the hell would you call them?

dude...im not even gonna bother carrying on. plenty of other people will agree with me on this one. and from what you've said so far, it sounds like your the one who knows nothing about metal.

GABRIEL05
It's like arguing about how best to castrate yourself...

burlyman
^ laughing out loudlaughing out loud!!

total metalhead
please dont.

LegolasIsMyMan
i love linkin park, yes they aren't hard rock,they are't pop rock either....they have their own rock style.

SlipknoT
I hate lincon park

Myth
LP is Pop-metal/rock.

VilleValo462
LP ... pop rap - rock ... thats the new genre for them .. and whatever happened to this guy .. did he give up or sumthin ( assgoblin )

tabby999
saw he was waging a losing war

loserib
i cant stand korn but they are metal not the best and not the heavist but nu-metal none the less and like metalhead siad slipknot and headcharge are great bands im not a big fan of the whole nu metal genra as a whole but its allright

incuhead1024
korn is metal! they ****en rock

loserib
they are a numetal band but them rocking thats a stretch

total metalhead
i dont care if they rock, stone or pebble. to me they are gods, and always will be.

robincooper
ppl think bands like dimmu borgir are crap because maybe the feeling in the music is what they dont understand, Every band has its own feeling its just how u channel it that counts because dimmu borgir have a dark and mysterious feeling ppl have trble listening to it and maybe they dont want to relate with the feeling been put across, so instead of writng a lod of **** like i just have....

they just say its crap =/

whereas dimmu borgir are 1 of the most talented band i have ever had the privaleg of listening too

metal heart owns ^_^

total metalhead
but no one said anything against Dimmu Borgir in the first place

ElectricBugaloo
Slipknot, AHC and Mushroomhead are not nu metal.

Nu metal refers to bands such as Godsmack, Papa Roach, maybe Korn, and other bands that came out at that time period. Nu Metal is the genre of metal for people who don't like metal--it's like Metal Lite

robincooper
was only just using it as example
embarrasment

lol

total metalhead
those bands are nu metal, i dont where you're getting all this shit from. Korn are not metal lite (whatever the hell that is) i hate it when people put Korn down as not being metal just because they aren't 100% hardcore all the time. they are way beyond metal-lite. i love them, and i love metal. i dont like Papa Roach or Godsmack either, but they are still nu metal.

robincooper
all bands have there uniquesnes and their image, not many newish bands have that, but korn do and they have their own unique style
i cant put korn wrong lol they are ace

total metalhead
you said it thumb up

ElectricBugaloo
i said MAYBE korn. they've gone downhill. they always promise a 'harder album' and always dissapoint.

robincooper
well to be fiar it was harder just wernt as gud as there earlier stuff

total metalhead
of course they've gone downhill, but really seeing as they're first two albums were some of the most original, diverse and emotional records i have ever heard, it was always going to be hard to top. having said that, ive been recently listening to there later material more, and ive decided Issues is a very well made album. Its very different, but its more subtle. Also there latest album was definitely there hardest since Life Is Peachy, it was just a bit repetitive.

i pray for the day when Korn drop their semi-hip hop image and recapture the agression and rawness of their earlier work.

robincooper
agreed thumb up

Bad Boy
It's unfair to dismiss an entire genre as crap.

FACT- It's not crap, you just don't like it.

I only like 1 nu-metal band and thats Papa Roach, but they have only done 1 nu-metal album!

total metalhead
one?

robincooper
That include pop music, or do you think the constiaption noises of fat man scoop are quality lol

only joking narr i agree a whole genre can be called crap, i like stuff in every different genre just siome i dont like. big grin

robincooper
cant*

ElectricBugaloo
what the hell did you just say?

robincooper
lol just made a

robincooper
joke then agreed with ya ^^

Bad Boy
FATMAN SCOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah just kidding!

total metalhead
yes especially one as diverse as nu metal.

there is the crap side of nu metal
Limp Bizkit
Papa Roach
POD
Linkin Park etc.

but then theres also the
American Head Charge
Deftones
Drowning Pool
Mushroomhead
Korn etc. side of nu metal. the fu'cking kick ass side.

VilleValo462
yes

tabby999
pffft, Take A Look In The Mirror's hell heavy, comeon get it right

Red Superfly
I really like Drowning Pool and Korn. I don't see why, because they fit into a certain "category" (categories are lame) that they should suck.

I judge a band on what I hear.

I'm a fan of all types of good music. I don't know about y'all, but I don't like constantly listening to the same sound.

I like Korn, Metallica, Alice In Chains, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Iggy Pop, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Finger Eleven, Monster Magnet, Drowning Pool, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Pearl Jam, Guns and Roses, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, The Strokes, The Hives, The White Stripes, Barenaked Ladies, REM, Pink Floyd, heck even The Darkness (in small doses), Sum 41 (yes I said Sum 41) and Kid Rock!

I am being truthfully honest there. I don't like admitting I enjoy The Darkness and Sum 41, but some of their songs are cool. You've gotta put aside what you know about these bands and just listen.

You shouldn't limit yourselves to one particular "thang". Broadening your horizons doesn't do any harm. I even looked past my dislike for Slipknot when I heard "My Plague" - despite it being the only Slipknot song i can tolerate, it's still a Slipknot song so I have to respect them.

I also admit that I enjoy Limp Biznitch at times. Behind Blue Eyes, Take A Look Around, Break Stuff and My Way are all cool songs. I don't care if Fred Durst is looked upon as Satan, I really don't give a flying f***

total metalhead
thats a good attitdue to have thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.